I actually don't like the "permabanned" avatar swap

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Escapist forum mods, I think I love you again.

Hail grumpy cat!

While I don't really care about the topic itself, isn't it kind of a dick move for a mod to just come in and stomp all over a guy's opinion (not an offensive opinion btw) so blatantly.

WHY DOES EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD HAVE THE SAME CAT AVATARS AM I BECOMING PARANOID AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

EDIT: OH GOD I HAVE THE SAME AVATAR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

EDIT #2: Okay, it's a thread-specific joke. This makes me a bit happier now.

This is some funny shit right here.

TheNewGuy:

Scarim Coral:
One way or another I bet this new avatar swap will add fuel that to that Escapist hating website.

I'm curious, what Escapist hating site are you talking about?

I can't remember the exact site. (Maybe within a section in Encyclopedia Dramatica?) All I know is that the people who type out all the bad things they had said about this site were formers (banned) members from this site so that explain alot (the must of been butt hurt alot to dedicated that much hate into it).

Why is everyones avatar here the same cat?
Did I somehow press another button again?

Edit: Mine too? Werid.

Imp Emissary:
Why is everyones avatar here the same cat?
Did I somehow press another button again?

Edit: Mine too? Werid.

The cats, they've become sentient! And this is their way of telling us they are not amused. I, for one, welcome out cat overlords.

WHY THE HELL DO YOU ALL HAVE CAT FACES?!

Also, why the HELL do I have to enter a captcha on MY SECOND POST OF THE DAY!? Seriously is posting more than once in a 24 period SO GODDAMN UNHEARD OF?

OT: They got banned, it doesn't matter. Technically they shouldn't have an avatar at all, their info should be completely erased from the database.

Erm, not sure about the permabanned avatar, but could someone explain why all the avatars are Grumpy Cat. I mean...wait a minute...Damn it Kross! Are you screwing with us again?!

What is going on with the avatars?
OH GOD IT HAPPENDED TO ME

It looks kind of funny, I also love all the cats here, thanks Kross

ALL HAIL OUR ALLMIGHTY FELINE LORD!

Gotta love our mods...

Woah... why are all the avatar's grumpy cats? I'm sorry, I know this is completely off-topic, but wtf? Am I insane?

trty00:
Woah... why are all the avatar's grumpy cats? I'm sorry, I know this is completely off-topic, but wtf? Am I insane?

Rule of funny, of course.

Now, can we get the mods to change it to something else amusing if we keep the thread going long enough?

Vegosiux:
OOOOOH!!! *giggles and jumps up and down*

You going to do a psychological profile on me from your armchair? That stuff is always so interesting!

Lol?

No, I just think it is a dumb view point.

I am grumpy and hate everything.

LOL at thread!

Well, I actually quite li-Wha. What is this heresy? HOW DID EVERYONE'S AVATAR TURN INTO A PICTURE OF MY TRUE FORM!?

JEBWrench:

trty00:

Now, can we get the mods to change it to something else amusing if we keep the thread going long enough?

I would buy the staff a round of beers at the next Expo if they changed everyone's avatar in this thread to there own unique cat avatar XD

Oh my goodness. I am DYING just looking at all the grumpy cat avatars! Props to the mod who did that.

Also, I've got no problem with the permaban avatar change. I think it's hilarious and the mods can determine whatever punishment they see fit, so long as it doesn't get out of their website.

JEBWrench:

trty00:

Oh, of course, YOU get your own cat avatar, while WE all get the grump =(

But hell, I didn't even know mods HAD this ability. They really are gods amongst posters.

JEBWrench:

trty00:

Now this is hilarious on a whole new level. Whoever is doing this... well

indeed.

>.< I mostly recognize people from there avatar (only a handful i know by name).
This thread is really confusing me. My first thought was also why is this person spamming this forum.

I approve of this thread. To the mod who did this, all my internet points. ALL OF THEM.

OT: I actually really like the permaban avatar. Yup, if you were ban, you probably deserve it.

Man, with the avatars all swapped now, this looks like so much fun!

I'm sorry. It had to be done.

But, to be more on-topic, hell, I don't see why it's much of an issue. Its just a tiny picture on the internet linked to a profile that can't be used anymore. Most of the joy in an avatar goes to the person it belongs to. But, I'd definitely say that the grumpy cat would be much, much better. Possibly with a caption underneath, saying: "You made The Escapist VERY ANGRY.". I don't know.

[EDIT]: Goddamn ninjas! Just late by one post, ONE POST!! Damn. Oh well.

I love it when the Techies do something like this. Always gives me a good chuckle. This goes up there with the time you made it look like everyone was banned and the time Kross made up Bubble Breaker.

OT: I don't mind it really. I mean it's not really doing harm to anyone, and believe me these are the people who developed the dreaded button so you know they could have made it worse.

Why's everyone have THAT cat as an avatar? Have I missed something?

I'm confused...

They're here.

And the avatar thing is kinda funny. Although I've known they've done this for a while, so. :p

I guess it's a good way to remember people and stuff.

OT: They always said I could become anything I wanted, so I became a cat.

On topic, I never knew of the permabanned avatar until now. It's actually kind of funny.
Not on the original topic but on the current topic, this avatar switch thing is hilarious. When I started reading this topic I thought the second guy was trolling the OP by copying his avatar since the OP was talking about how avatars are personal.
When I think about it, this has the same effect, but to a more hilarious extent.

Pinkamena:
How is this even an issue? Wow. People find the weirdest things to bitch about.

But now you're bitching about people bitching about wierd things and now I'm bitching about how you're bitching about people bitching about wierd things.

Dear god. The snake is growing as it eats itself. DA FUQ?

I absolutely love whoever did the cat thing. I'm in stitches right now xD

I love you mods xD

Beffudled Sheep:

I love you mods xD

And we love being your benevolentish overlords! :D

What happened to all the avatars? Am I the only one seeing these cats?

EDIT - So after looking through the comments I have to say, well played mods... It does seem like some of us deserved it. "Oh, you've got a problem with us changing avatars? *grumpy cat* How d'you like THEM apples?"

EDIT 2 - Now someone needs to hack Kross and change his avatar. Applesauce, bitch...

Nasrin:

Beffudled Sheep:

I love you mods xD

And we love being your benevolentish overlords! :D

Please share these pony cookies with the rest of the staff. You guys deserve 'em :D

RJ 17:

Vegosiux:
It's needlessly demeaning. I mean, sure, I could get behind gloating, but I'd do it in a classy way, you know, stroking a goatee and a kitten.

Okay, what I'm trying to say here is I don't see a purpose behind it except for going "FUCK YEAH, BITCHSLAPPED!" at someone who can't defend. And that I see a user avatar as a rather personal thing, an extension of one's forum personality, and it's rude to mess with that. So they should have behaved so they don't get permabanned and they won't have that problem, you say? Sure, I suppose there's some truth in that. But adding insult to injury is childish.

That, and I haven't been permabanned and still have a problem with it...

Rant over.

I've gotta go with the first response and say it seems like a pretty silly thing to get upset/offended about.

Granted, I think the vast majority of things that people claim offend them are silly because I really hate Political Correctness, but that's just me.

As for the people getting permabanned...yeah, it's not like they're going to be making any new posts with an avatar that's been forced onto them. Their life on the forum is over...think of the permabanned avatar as a tombstone, not an insult. "Here lies one who could not obey the simple rules of the forum." You say the avatar is an extension of someone's personality on the forum. That I can agree with. But if they've been permabanned, their personality has officially left the forum...you won't be hearing from that personality again. In a matter of days the last posts they made will become buried and you won't be seeing their avatar - their real one or the changed one - anymore. So why bother getting upset over something that won't even be around in a couple days?

EDIT:

Vegosiux:
Okay, and when are you going to address the question of someone who's actually still around here, not banned, and not likely to be banned anytime soon, and still not liking to see those gifs?

Because I've been asking that one for a while now.

The easy answer is "Cry me a river then build a bridge and get over it." :P

I find the image offensive and would like it changed as well, a clip of a child being slapped in the face is offensive, inappropriate and the action is also illegal. Under the forum rules any one of those points are good enough reason for removal.

Just have a tomb stone with "permabanned" on it, really quick and easy to do.

EDIT: Or better yet, the cat that's invaded this topic ^_^

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or