I actually don't like the "permabanned" avatar swap

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

OH MY GOD- Everyone in this thread has a cat Avatar. It's EVERYWHERE!!

image <--- Why does everyone have this?? lol.
Am I going crazy... perhaps. I don't know.

OT: The Escapist is quite a nice society where if you get in trouble, you get warned. You have a long health bar before you even reach being suspended. They just want you to behave and play nice is all... if you can behave, you'll be good to post again :}

Remus:
I love the gif. I'd love it even more if it was a repeating gif of the WoW kid tantrum. Ya know, this one -

wait, wtf... does that kid try to shove a TV remote up his ass at 1:10?

I'm screencapping this.

SkarKrow:

TizzytheTormentor:
Eh, doesn't bother me, if the person kept breaking the code of conduct, they pretty much deserve it. It's not like it takes away their identity, it's just a forum avatar.

Pretty much this and I think the vast majority of the community would say as much.

I quite like it, I think they should expand and have other permabanned gifs on the go. To be honest you get fair warnings and the code of conduct is on the front page of the forums.

Read it. Remember it applies to user groups and live chat too (some good Escapists fell to that!). Don't be a douche and don't low content. In as long as I've been here (probably over a year now? idk)I've had one warning and it was for low content, now I have a clean record again. To be honest, it's pretty hard to get yourself banned and you probably deserved it.

I've seen people get suspended and banned over some really tame things. It all comes down to the mod reviewing it when it gets reported and if they feel that it's warranted for some reason. Most of the time I see "they have a history" as the reason for the ban when they get banned for a low content post.

Quite frankly when a person is banned, they lose all their rights. I say they just aren't lucky that the mods aren't cruel enough to replace a person's profile with a big giant phallus.

Also for a minute i thought that one person had just gone on a giant rant with himself from all the avatar pics being no cat until i read the names above the avatars.

...I'm honestly just posting to see if I get a Grumpy Cat avatar.

And I agree, you'd have to do something pretty against the rules to get permabanned.

EDIT: I was not disappointed. :D

I agree it is kinda demeaning, but then again if you're gonna push the mods, don't expect no retaliation.

Biodeamon:
I say they just aren't lucky that the mods aren't cruel enough to replace a person's profile with a big giant phallus.

I'm fairly sure that would be breaking their own code of conduct, lol.

Off Topic: Why the hell are everyone's avatars a picture of a stoic cat?!

Th37thTrump3t:

Grumpy cat, it's grumpy cat. And we're all pretty grumpy over the permabanned avatar, so this is our sign of protest. I see you joined us.

I'm not even remotely interested in the thread topic, I just wanted a Grump Cat avatar.

I was not disappointed.

DoPo:

Th37thTrump3t:

Grumpy cat, it's grumpy cat. And we're all pretty grumpy over the permabanned avatar, so this is our sign of protest. I see you joined us.

I did? Oh well it seems I have. Well, umm... No permaban avatar... rah?

I'm not very good at this whole protest thing, so I'll see my way out.

Th37thTrump3t:

DoPo:

Th37thTrump3t:

Well, you could also be protesting for the premaban avatar. Or for changing it. All the protests just have grumpy cat as their mascot.

DoPo:

Th37thTrump3t:

DoPo:

Well, you could also be protesting for the premaban avatar. Or for changing it. All the protests just have grumpy cat as their mascot.

I still don't think I would be the best for this little group. I don't even know what this permaban avatar is.

Th37thTrump3t:

DoPo:

Th37thTrump3t:

I still don't think I would be the best for this little group. I don't even know what this permaban avatar is.

Well you could protest against the protests - just an idea.

But for the record, it's this:

permaban avatar what does it matter your banned... permenently
do i need a different avater to post here?

oooh it changed automatically that makes it easier. i am now grumpy just like the rest although my original avatar was pretty grumpy maytbe moreso than the cat.

I for one, am keeping my grumpy cat avatar forever and ever.

I suggest as many others as possible do the same.

It's certainly more well-behaved than my cat, let me tell you.

Also, I think a picture of an ASCII gravestone would work better as a permabanned avatar.

DoPo:

Th37thTrump3t:

DoPo:

Well you could protest against the protests - just an idea.

But for the record, it's this:

That's actually pretty damn funny. I'mma go with the "They deserve the fuck out of that" crowd.

Jodan:
oooh it changed automatically that makes it easier. i am now grumpy just like the rest although my original avatar was pretty grumpy maytbe moreso than the cat.

The grumpy cat pic is only for this thread. You still have to change your avatar for the other posts

OH GOD I CLICKED THE BUTTON.

I wanted to be cool with a cat avatar too what is GOING ON?!

Persoanlly, I think the permaban avatar is something I'd do. That is, something I'd do for a petty attempt for a laugh. Though I admit, I do get a bit of smug satisfaction when I see people who were acting like complete brats get nailed with it.

On the topic of losing our avatars to the new grumpy new cat overlords, well....

Oh dear god the cat is everywhere!

Why is everyone's avatar the same? Am I missing something here?

Also, I wasn't aware your avatar gets swapped with that permabanned GIF when you get banned now.

EDIT: Holy shit! I'm a grumpy cat now too. >:3

I can haz grumpy cat avatar? YEY!

I think it's okay, you have to have done some serious shit in order to be permabanned, it's lighthearted fun for the civilized community.

TopazFusion:

torno:
I feel pretty dumb for asking this, what is it from?
The GIF that they use, I honestly don't know what it is, is it from a movie or something?

It's a clip from an old TV series called 21 Jump Street.

In fact, it's actually a young Johnny Depp doing the slapping.

Wow, that is some of the worst dialog I've heard in years... I'd blame it on "it was the 80s", and they were trying to sound hip... but... my brain is trying to claw it's way out of my skull now... >.<

So if I post in this thread do I get the Grump Cat Avatar? >.>...

Edit: I DO! THIS IS FANTASTIC!

Oh my gosh I just found the PERFECT thing for this thread!

Nasrin:
SNIP

There are no words to express just how appropriate this is. Thank you.

And now there's a quiz on cats. Well played, Nasrin.

All I know is that this cat is fucking adorable.

Nasrin:
Oh my gosh I just found the PERFECT thing for this thread!

So if I quote you..what does that do?

I'd like to hope that a castle falls on them, but I'd be satisfied with them getting a meh tasting overpriced sandwich.

Pretty disappointed to see the Escapist staff resort to mocking banned users like that. Surely a ban is enough.

Why is everyone's avatar looking the same?
O_o

I never changed mine...is TE staff in a bad mood or something?

Spud of Doom:
Pretty disappointed to see the Escapist staff resort to mocking banned users like that. Surely a ban is enough.

But if they've done enough to warrant a ban, what does it matter?

Follow the rules, and you won't be banned.
Can't follow the rules? Expect to have this permabanned avatar (eventually, upon being banned).
Can't follow the rules and don't want this avatar? Don't join the site in the first place.

Seems simple enough.

i actually think its kinda funny
and speaking of avatars: what did i miss? why is everyone grumpy cats?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here