what do you listen too when your depressed?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

we all get down now and again, and I'm sure some of us have certain songs or artists we gravitate too at those times.....

I think for me its probably Eminem, mostly because there was a time before where I was kind of down and listned to him, that and I don't know his agression and such I find....helps

My depressed what, Vault?
MY DEPRESSED WHAAAAAAAAAT

Not sure really, it's been a while since I've been in that kinda state. Generally just happy stuff, I guess. I dunno.

Depressing instrumentals.
Like this!

Something to try and cheer me up.

M K Ultra:

Excellent taste! I listen to NIN a lot when I get down too.

Although, sometimes I'd rather listen to very angry music, it helps sometimes.

Something upbeat and cheerful! Anime openings are good for this!

As it turns out, depressive black metal is pretty fitting for when I'm depressed.

Ayumi Hamasaki Still Alone

Dr. Dre, Xzibit, anything hard core west coast rap in general tends to make me feel like I am back on top, running this bitch like I used to. Sometimes, if I am angry depressed, Rammstein is the only thing that works.

Oh man..The Fratellis, always ^_^

I think the entire concept of their music is basically like, *slap* STOP BEING SAD AND FUCKING DANCE

What do I listen to when I am down? Damn near anything.

Nothing. When I'm really depressed, I don't want any kind of noise at all.

I listen to really cheesy Country romance ballads.[1]

[1] Ooh, the shame.[2]
[2] Don't judge me. :(

Maximum dosage per video: one per week.

Makes me wanna get up and punch something. Brings me out of a depressed state somewhat.

When I'm feeling down, I enjoy listening to Four Year Strong, specifically Listen, Do You Smell Something. It's upbeat and positive, a lot like most of their other songs. Other times, I'll just listen to some Avenged Sevenfold, because depressing music helps too.

TizzytheTormentor:
Something upbeat and cheerful! Anime openings are good for this!

One Piece is awesome. It's got some good upbeat and badass OST.

TheFunPolice:
Oh man..The Fratellis, always ^_^

I think the entire concept of their music is basically like, *slap* STOP BEING SAD AND FUCKING DANCE

Agreed. They kick ass.

I also respect them as presenting a consistent outlook/set of morals.

Unlike BS like Nickleback, who bounce from 'struggling to live and protect people you love' to 'let's get drunk and burn everything down' at the drop of a hat.

Whenever I'm depressed, which doesn't happen often, I listen to Alice in Chains. A lot.

Just one example in a large amount of songs by them I can relate to when I'm feeling pretty terrible.

New wave, bro, new wave. All the new wave, all the time. :D

music like this.. when im depressed.. makes me happy again ^^

also this just made my freaking day! the video i just posted, a bit down in the comments i found this xD

Somma dis!

You can't help but feel a little tripped out when you hear this...

Anyway... you're alright, France! XD

Man I love these music threads. I always pick up a couple of songs for my Ipod.
Me, well I'm a fairly upbeat person, but it happens to everyone. I tend to look for something new and upbeat. I prefer doing something like going outside, and just sitting there is good, usually picks me up, also Pokemon games.....
A song so upbeat, it backhands sadness with a leather glove and challenges it to a duel

Dissection always brightens....erm, "darkens" my day.

If I want to cheer up:

If I want to EMBRACE THE SADNESS

I don't really change my preferences much when I'm depressed, but I'm more likely to turn to Hendrix or whatever. Overly happy stuff just tends to piss me off and make my mood worse.

Slowcore (also known as Sadcore), so Cat Power, Red House Painters, Codeine, Low, stuff like that. Quite possibly the most saddest music ever made.

Yeah, I like to listen to depressive music when I feel depressed, it helps me to get a good perspective on my feelings, and why I feel that way. Those song from those bands, and those people have helped me get through the toughest of times, even when i have felt hopeless, and even suicidal at one point in my life.

Usually Tyr, though also more towards songs that somewhat match my mood. Ride to Hel, Wings of Time, and The Hunt especially.

I don't listen to anything? When I get depressed I stay depressed until I think it through and decide not to be anymore.

I have songs that make me happy when I hear them. So I guess if I listened to them when I was depressed, I'd be equaled out.

BB King. Nothing cheers me up like screaming the blues with him, it's always really cathartic listening to his stuff. There Must Be a Better World Somewhere comes to mind.

But honestly, I only get depressed when I haven't exercised in a while or haven't seen the sun. Unless I'm having serious issues with something, which I rarely am, I can usually trace my bluest days to lack of sun, sitting on my butt too much, or eating really badly all day and having no good energy because of it.

The Okami OST. Cheers me up.

or

How can you be depressed listening to them?!?!?!

Wolf In A Bear Suit:
Man I love these music threads. I always pick up a couple of songs for my Ipod.
Me, well I'm a fairly upbeat person, but it happens to everyone. I tend to look for something new and upbeat. I prefer doing something like going outside, and just sitting there is good, usually picks me up, also Pokemon games.....
A song so upbeat, it backhands sadness with a leather glove and challenges it to a duel

I see your men without hats, and raise you hokago tea time:

The moe levels are so ridiculously high, that I find it impossible to stay down after listening to this song...and maybe watching an episode or 2.

When I'm depressed I usually drown myself in selfpity and guilt.

After a few listens you'll really hate yourself! =D

EvilMaggot:
Snip'd Soilwork awesomeness

I approve of the sentiment behind playing metal to turn depression into a healthy dose of good mood tinted with anger at the world around you.

So without further ado:

Aww yiss, that bass.

Or maybe:

If you want something a little softer to help you deal with all the feels, try:

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked