what do you listen too when your depressed?

Pages PREV 1 2

necromanzer52:

Wolf In A Bear Suit:
Man I love these music threads. I always pick up a couple of songs for my Ipod.
Me, well I'm a fairly upbeat person, but it happens to everyone. I tend to look for something new and upbeat. I prefer doing something like going outside, and just sitting there is good, usually picks me up, also Pokemon games.....
A song so upbeat, it backhands sadness with a leather glove and challenges it to a duel

I see your men without hats, and raise you hokago tea time:

The moe levels are so ridiculously high, that I find it impossible to stay down after listening to this song...and maybe watching an episode or 2.

I see your thingy and raise....my hand, what in the name of the mighty space otter did I just listen to? Whatever it was, was certainly upbeat, and Japanese.

This my sound weird but I don't get depressed. Not really. I might hear something sad at times but, I don't have that much Self-pity. Or that bleak of an outlook on life.

Not really a fan of Three Days Grace, but this:

Here's a list of songs that make me feel good after a crappy day:

I'm off to go be a badass now. Ta-ta!

If I am trying to feel happy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tV11acSRk
If I want to stay depressed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz0FSG9h-GI

Wolf In A Bear Suit:

necromanzer52:

Wolf In A Bear Suit:
Me, well I'm a fairly upbeat person, but it happens to everyone. I tend to look for something new and upbeat. I prefer doing something like going outside, and just sitting there is good, usually picks me up, also Pokemon games.....
A song so upbeat, it backhands sadness with a leather glove and challenges it to a duel

I see your men without hats, and raise you hokago tea time:

The moe levels are so ridiculously high, that I find it impossible to stay down after listening to this song...and maybe watching an episode or 2.

I see your thingy and raise....my hand, what in the name of the mighty space otter did I just listen to? Whatever it was, was certainly upbeat, and Japanese.

That's k-on!, dude. It's a show about a group of japanese high school girls who form a rock band, and all the fun times they have together. And all their songs are super upbeat and happy. It's great:

When i'm feeling down i usually go for something by scooter, normally i am not a fan because they use alot of other peoples work but the songs are fast and sometimes upbeat :)

Aaah, and blackmill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDI6HTR9arA

I let the depressed feelings flow in the hope that it fades quicker, rather than trying to cover it up with happy music.

White Lies are good for when I'm feeling down in general. Slipknot when I'm angry. And there's a couple of songs from a variety of artists that I specifically turn to when I'm feeling lonely.

Any kind of (funeral) doom metal: KYPCK, My Dying Bride, Ahab, Shape Of Despair, Minsk to name a few.

I always reach for incomprehensible beauty:

If that fails, then a song about promise and adventure:
And since it IS the holidays after all:

Whether it's gaming music or something around Alice in Chains, Megadeth or Foo Fighters, I just listen to it.

As of late, however, I've been listening to Two Steps From Hell. Pretty frickin' awesome.

hazabaza1:
My depressed what, Vault?
MY DEPRESSED WHAAAAAAAAAT

Not sure really, it's been a while since I've been in that kinda state. Generally just happy stuff, I guess. I dunno.

uhhhhh....what?

And there's always this song by This Mortal Coil which is a nice combination of both depression and hopefulness:

Vault101:

hazabaza1:
My depressed what, Vault?
MY DEPRESSED WHAAAAAAAAAT

Not sure really, it's been a while since I've been in that kinda state. Generally just happy stuff, I guess. I dunno.

uhhhhh....what?

Your-Possessive term.
"Here, this is your child."

You're- Contraction of you are.
"No it's not, you're an idiot."

Using both in the same sentence- "You're right! This isn't your child!"

I saw the chance to make a grammar joke and by God I took it.

hazabaza1:

I saw the chance to make a grammar joke and by God I took it.

OOOOOOHHHHH right...

no I'm changing it

If I'm depressed a little - Manic Street Preachers to give me a little hope.

Depressed and want to indulge in it a fair bit - Radiohead.

Depressed a heck of a lot - Coffee & TV by Blur.

Depressed but want to make myself happy - All Change by Cast.

It is physically impossible not to be inspired by this song.

Alternatively this:

So goddamn triumphant.

I like happy music threads :)

The Maddest March Hare:

EvilMaggot:
Snip'd Soilwork awesomeness

snip

+1 for awesome tracks!

i like this .. specially the music video they made for it :) can always bring a smile to my face even in the most depressed time

but yes for me.. Metal can get me in a better mood, be it right after a brake up, loved ones have died, that pet after years being in the family... Metal have been the best medicine for me to get better :)

Whenever I am depressed I tend to listen to a lot of ambient Trance or vocal Trance. My favorite one to listen to when I am depressed is Concrete Angel by Gareth Emery. Good artist.

Depends, if I'm letting the sadness fester this on repeat. Or Nine Inch Nails, take your pick.

If I'm trying to cheer myself up anything by Jamiroquai.

Captcha: Tea with jam.

Wait...tea with Jam....Jamiroquai?

Nice soft stringy love songs... Yeah

CUTE IS WHAT WE AIM FOR - TIME

GOO GOO DOLLS - IRIS

FLEETWOOD MAC - LANDSLIDE

THE WALLFLOWERS - ONE HEADLIGHT

CYNDI LAUPER - TIME AFTER TIME

I guess you can say I'm sort of like Randy from My Name is Earl
http://videos.sapo.pt/RayIWzClEiZLaKzZYljs

Plush, by the Stone Temple Pilots. Which is, strangely enough, the main song that I listen to while reading CreepyPasta.
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXhmwMdUKfA]

I have plenty of songs from actual bands and performing artists to listen to when I am depressed...
(from Foo Fighters to Anamanaguchi to Deep Purple)

...but lately I have been listening to the music from the Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! soundtrack.

The Candy Kingdom Action track has me feeling that absolutely nothing in my day could go wrong. ^_^
The composer, Jake "Virt" Kaufman is truly unappreciated.

Wish I could find an HQ version of the song to post, the audio does not match with the quality of the one I have....

Ussually Kid A by Radiohead.

Primarily Everything in Its Right Place.

It always works soothing, like a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate.

Personally I find some badass Death Metal to work wonders when you're down.
When you're sad you don't need sad music to get happy, you need to blast your ears with pure badassery!

I'd like to post some really depressing music here but quite frankly I don't listen to anything when I'm depressed because the depression takes away my interest in everything but whatever I'm upset about.

I listen too old Taking Back Sunday when I get depressed. Cute without the E, Timberwolves of New Jersey ect. They are at their core feel good songs. Either that or it's a really bad depression episode I'll go listen to some MxPx.

Wolf In A Bear Suit:

If there were ever a song that would cheer me up, this would be it. I salute you :D

This works too though. Calming, and at the end it gives me a surge of power, if that makes sense.

Shining.

I usually turn own some 90s Gothic Doom Metal and go for a long walk. Strangely relaxing.

If I'm feeling down and want to listen to some music, I'll listen to something that's fairly calming and not overly enthusiastic. Here are a few examples.

I actually find contemplative or morose songs to help the most when I'm down. Nothing triumphant, up-beat or cheerful for me!

Bleak by Opeth always manages to make the world seem so beautiful to me.

The slightly depressed tone gives you all the sympathy you could want but it has some uplifting parts too, just a very beautiful song really, everything about it is so perfect.

Then there's always:

No wonder you're all so depressed with all this miserable crap you've been listening to xD

Something nice and happy:

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked