Empathy Quotient

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I found this interesting test about empathy quotient, http://glennrowe.net/baroncohen/empathyquotient/empathyquotient.aspx

It's more about how fit you are socially.

At first I thought I wouldn't get good results since I'm not very social, but since despite that, I can easily understand other people pain and overall I have good empathy I started to think I'm not as bad as I initially thought. Then I got the result and it was a mere 25 :/
I don't think the test is very good, there are some answer which I would reply as neutral or Don't know, but that option does not exist.

Since this is a gaming forum and there are a lot of socially outcasts, awkward people and people with aspergers I estimate the average will be around 30.

So post your results :D

I got 12... I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Got a 47, guess I'm pretty average then according to the test.

How antisocial am I? I'm 31/80 antisocial! Time to go and self-diagnose myself with Aspergers Syndrome because the internet said so!

Eh, no big surprise there.

It's kind of an iffy test though. A lot of it basically consists of variations on, "Are you socially adept? - yes/no."

I got a 49 but I really felt this test did not capture how I feel towards things at all. I am the sorta person who cares and appreciates how people feel about things and sure I will factor it into my decisions but I value logical progression over how it makes people feel. So sure I may understand why it upsets you but that doesn't mean I agree that it should be offending you.

test is very poorly worded and i agree most of the questions are fairly unambiguous in their purpose

regardless 61 and i'm surprised it's not higher. if you were to ask ppl that know me what my main flaw is a vast majority would say i care too much about others. i literally can't hurt a fly and have been known to delicately remove deadly animals carefully from my home and deposit them safely back into the wild

i do have a problem with some questions though

I prefer practical jokes to verbal humour.
sorry if i find someone jumping out of a closet to be more funny than some dude talking about how bad airline food is but i don't think that means i want to seee ppl harmed

I think that good manners are the most important thing a parent can teach their child.
anyone who thinks that is a fucking moron. yes i consider manners important but i would at the very least consider not shitting your pants to be slightly more important for s start

I would be too nervous to go on a big roller coaster.
WTF? was there a study on serial killers that didn't like roller coasters i am unaware of? while it is quite possible ppl with Aspergers prolly don't like roller coasters i highly doubt liking them or not is gonna make you want to hurt small furry animals

I got 33. I guess that's fairly accurate, i'd like to think mine would be higher though. Some of the questions dont work very well with the answer scheme though. And in the end, its an internet test, it means nothing

I got 38, so pretty average. I've done that test before and got lower when i was in a more negative mood about myself and got borderline 30, so i wanted to try it again and see to what extent it changes my score if i'm feeling more confident about myself. To be honest i expected it to be a bit higher-i.e- in the middle 40's, because people often say how "nice" i am and i would regard myself as being empathetic. It would be interesting to see how getting a friend to answer the questions on my behalf would alter the score.

Maybe i'm thinking too deeply about this.... It's a far from perfect questionnaire for other reasons as well.

I got 41... I guess that's average. I do empathise well with others (at least, I think I do), and I'm always affected by emotional scenes in movies, so I'd have though it would be higher. But I am frequently uncomfortable in social situations, something that many of the questions focused on.

Although I think the test is more geared toward the more black/white people. If you find yourself saying slighly, either way, you probably will end up with a lower score then you should.

32. I don't consider myself that socially inept but hell, I'm the typical shy teen :P.

EDIT: Makes me wonder what Shinji would have gotten xD.

I got 25, but I should clarify that I have been diagnosed with Aspergers, the test says most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20 so I've come out pretty high for someone with AS.

I guess that means I'm going to kill you all :)

What is this test actually based on? I find it hard to believe that the average is around 40.

Esotera:

What is this test actually based on? I find it hard to believe that the average is around 40.

Are you psicopath ot something?

Being honest here, I think it's around 1% to 4% of the population that are psicopaths. So there as to be a lot on the escapist.

http://glennrowe.net/baroncohen/empathyquotient/empathyquotient.aspx

Test was somewhat funky in terms of a lack of any real "middle ground" feelings, but I answered the best I could. Not surprising though, I've been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome for some time now (from a real doctor, mind you).

41 so i'm average.

Although the questions weren't great and it doesn't really show much.

45 so average.

Also scored ever so slightly higher than average men #Ladies :P

I got 5.
So, y'know, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on... go find someone else.

43, avarage.

Whateva.

I got a 10. Which is a rather nice and round number so I'm happy.

Above average bordering on very high.
Cool.

I'm just a bleeding heart.

Nouw:
32. I don't consider myself that socially inept but hell, I'm the typical shy teen :P.

Exactly the same here, 32.

Seems about right as well, I wouldn't say I'm as empathetic as the average human.

I thought some of the questions were kinda weird, but okay... I got 10..

24, not sure whether this is good or not. Wasnt sold on the test being very good though.

Not really surprising, seeing as I consider myself rather a-social.
Yes, captcha. Winter IS coming.

64. No big shocker there.

Aaaannd I got 16/80. To my 0/100 suprise. Still, a lot of the questions seem to have more or less the same point so I'm guessing that whoever made this ran out of ideas about half-way through.

45 well shit and i find alot of people irritating as all shit :]

Anoni Mus:

Esotera:

Are you psicopath ot something?

Being honest here, I think it's around 1% to 4% of the population that are psicopaths. So there as to be a lot on the escapist.

fyi, that's not how you spell psychopath. I only point this out, because it took me like 2 minutes to figure out what you were trying to say, and I'm still not sure.

51. Slightly above average for my gender.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised it's not higher. I'm a pessimist and a cynic, but I'm also a bit of a bleeding heart.

I thought I would really get a lower score, since I am the most socially awkward person ever.

Also, it might be that it is my language, being not a native speaker, but some of the questions were worded a bit weird. Dunno how to describe it better, it just felt weird to me (I'm studying English literature in Uni right now)

26 lower than I'd thought.

Huh, I got 45. I was thinking I'd get a lower score as I can get pretty cynical at times. I guess rationale took charge here and made sure that I got an average.

61. I must admit, I'm not surprised. Not that I feel some sort of superiority over others, not at all, but I have noticed that I am more capable of empathy then most people I know. I have a friend who could possibly score even higher since his ability to read social situations is even greater then mine.

Luckily my intentions are good, even if my skillset isn't. Otherwise I'd be totally fucked.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked