Empathy Quotient

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

What does my dreaming have to do with anything? That's a pretty dumb test.

........wayyyy higher than I thought Id score
(Then agian, it is just an internet personality test some dude whipped up in about an hour, so Im not going to exactly say its the last word on anything lol)

21. The test does seem a bit dodgy, though.

24. I thought I would score a bit higher, and some of the questions seem just about how well you can handle yourself in social places. I call shenanigans(and I might be slightly dismayed at being considered low empathy. Just a little).

White Lightning:
I got 12... I'm not sure how I feel about this.

That's the problem.

OT: I got an 11.

I scored a 19.

Since I prefer to stay in my safe zone, can hardly ever maintain real friendships and even spurn most family gatherings, as well as my habit of compulsive list-making; I can't say it surprises me. Then again, not everyone with a social spectrum disorder is the same and the severity of the disorder can vary - as well as the type of environment that person lived in while growing up; so those people who are actually diagnosed, who score higher then expected, isn't a surprise - at least not to me.

**Not that this test should be taken as any sort of proof or a proper medical diagnoses. It's an internet test ladies and gentlemen.**

26, I thought it would be higher.. though I do consider myself a bit anti-social. I tried being as honest as I could, rarely choosing the extreme answers.

I don't think this test really says anything about how empathetic someone is so much as how socially incompetent they are and in that regard I'm not surprised at scoring a 17. I was diagnosed with aspergers as a kid for whatever that's worth but I doubt that really means all that much in regard to a silly little internet personality quiz.

Andy Shandy:

Nouw:
32. I don't consider myself that socially inept but hell, I'm the typical shy teen :P.

Exactly the same here, 32.

Seems about right as well, I wouldn't say I'm as empathetic as the average human.

Reporting in for team 32!

I guess I'm just a bit of a bitch, because shyness generally isn't in my repetoire.

32, a little lower than I was hoping, but not unexpected. I am not really a social person, but I am considered a friendly person by people I know. I am shy and I have problems knowing what to do when people are sad. I want to reach out to them, but I don't know how to do it so I guess I can seem distant and uncaring.

That said, the test wasn't good and I would not say it actually gives a good indication on you as a person. The questions about a stranger in the group and if you would do anything to make him feel welcome in the group. I wouldn't help much because I don't feel comfortable in a group, I am able to connect with people when I meet them in groups smaller than 4. I don't deserve a high score, but black and white issues is a poor way to measure.

Anoni Mus:

Esotera:

I guess that means I'm going to kill you all :)

What is this test actually based on? I find it hard to believe that the average is around 40.

Are you psicopath ot something?

Being honest here, I think it's around 1% to 4% of the population that are psicopaths. So there as to be a lot on the escapist.

Could you mean sociopath? or psychopath?

I've often wondered about myself and sociopathy and given I scored 10 hat may be justifiable. If I wasn't so squeemish around icky blood and guts stuff I have often considered saying to hell with it and buying myself some knives and duct tape

Maybe there's something to all my friends/family trying to get me to go get diagnosed with autism...

Too bad I don't want a mental disorder on my records. Regardless if it's true or not.

21. Second time that's happened on that kind of test.

Lucky I'm so awesome then.

I got 15, which kind of makes sense because a psychiatrist thought I might have Asperger's once but kind of doesn't because I thought I'd improved since then and I was never diagnosed officially to begin with.

I think it's just a bad test, honestly. Some of the questions repeat themselves, some are far too vague and reliant on self-evaluation, some are just irrelevant (Being afraid of rollercoasters has NOTHING to do with empathy, surely? And since when does obeying the law relate to empathy?) and all could do with a 'no opinion either way' option. Plus it seemed to be more of a 'how awkward are you?' test than something about how much you care about other people.

I'd say I care about others' feelings a fair bit, I just don't understand them some of the time. So I guess maybe I'm not very empathetic but I try hard to be more so, as opposed to just not caring? I dunno.

Anoni Mus:

Being honest here, I think it's around 1% to 4% of the population that are psicopaths. So there as to be a lot on the escapist.

Around 3% of the world's population are estimated to be Sociopaths, which makes the percentage of the collective anti-social disorders to be something much higher.

OT: 31 - Although I have to jump on the band wagon and agree that the test was somewhat ambiguous....

CCountZero:

JoJo:
I got 25, but I should clarify that I have been diagnosed with Aspergers, the test says most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20 so I've come out pretty high for someone with AS.

Have you had a "normal" childhood, rather than special schools and such?

I know 20+ people with Asperger or higher on the autistic spectrum, as well as some with ADHD thrown in the mix, and the one thing I constantly find makes me consistently better at social interaction is the fact that ALL of those people got diagnosed prior to starting school, while I myself didn't get my diagnosis until I was past that part of life.

I figure that interacting with people who were, and originally considering myself, "perfectly normal", has taught me to "fake" normality, if only to a degree.

Pretty much, I was diagnosed when I was ten, I always went to a regular school though and only my closest friend shared my AS, so like you I can put on certain things like small talk to grease the wheels with NT people, even if it's a bit artificial and people can quickly tell that I'm not entirely normal.

I got a 47. :D So I have the Empathy of the average woman! (Make of that what you will, but be warned. I have the anger of 3 women. :P)

I got a 26. Not surprised.

16. Surprisingly low. Then again, the test is clearly bogus.

Thought I'd get lower but hew, ain't complainin.

Blech. I'm guessing because I never did "completely agree" or "completely disagree" even once, even though probably I should have (I don't like absolutes), the score isn't entirely accurate. Sure, it's low, but not that low.

JoJo:

Pretty much, I was diagnosed when I was ten, I always went to a regular school though and only my closest friend shared my AS, so like you I can put on certain things like small talk to grease the wheels with NT people, even if it's a bit artificial and people can quickly tell that I'm not entirely normal.

Sounds like you hit dead center then. Best of both worlds :)

Personally, I fake it so well it ends up biting me in the ass sometimes, when suddenly everybody thinks I'm normal and doing great, even though I might not be :P

Still happy about being able to at all, though.

FreeCookies:
16. Surprisingly low. Then again, the test is clearly bogus.

Agreed

I have always been very easily affected by other people's expressions of emotion, even as a little kid. I'm the kind of person who won't necessarily cry when something tragic happens, but I will cry if I hear someone else cry. Unless I steel myself for the benefit of the other person. And I'm fairly good at painting emotional pictures in my head of what another person might be feeling in a given situation, but I think it's important to keep in mind (and respect) that one can never to the fullest extent understand the viewpoint of another human being.

Yeah, that's about what I was expecting.
I'm satisfied.

*Sees link in chat
*Takes test
*Posts results
*Sees thread about it
*Posts results

Your score: 21
0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)
33 - 52 = average (most women score about 47 and most men score about 42)
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum

I disagree, incidentally.

Got a 26. Can't say I'm surprised, but meh.

I honestly think would've been lower, too, if the test realized that the reason I clue into people's emotions is to get a better understanding (and therefore better control) over the situation at hand, rather than because I care.

68 as a Libertarian. I believe government causes more harm than it does good and that individuals must take responsibility for themselves but I am also good at reading people and understanding the arguments others make. I am also a bit of an activist which makes me a different type of a bleeding heart.

I think another question on the survey should be- Did you cry at the end of the walking dead game? lol

Beffudled Sheep:
I got 18.
Higher than some other tough guys around here. Seems I have to become more hard bodied.
Now to try and get a 0! :p

Hey bud.

Just wanted to say,

52, which seems about right.

Whats with the abnormally high percentage of people with aspergers on this site?

29. I honestly think it's accurate from a certain standpoint. I don't really communicate much with people I don't like or have much in common with, so of course I'd think that I am a nice person, but when I am around people that I don't like (overly extroverted hoodlum types, or just overly extroverted people in general who don't share my interests) I am pretty quick to not want to be around them, or anyone for that matter. That doesn't mean I want to be mean to them, nor am I, but I am certainly not enjoying their company, and will probably try and flee as soon as a possibility presents itself, hopefully without being to rude or just outright walking away while everyone's watching and having a good time... Do not try to bring me to a party, unless it is:
A. A LAN party
B. A party with friends
C. Video game party
D. Some mixture of the above

I got 20, but i think the test was poorly worded and didn't give enough grounds for questions that aren't applicable, I don't have autism or aspergers, but a lot of the questions regarding friends i couldn't answer as i don't have that many friends

I got 40, apparently being a horribly awkward person who has taken the time to study how people act so that I can predict their reactions relatively accurately, and can usually predict what they might feel/think in reaction to my actions, makes me within 2 points of average.

I don't think the test is all that accurate... But hey, I answered the questions as accurately and honestly as I could, so maybe I'm not so weird after all... Goddamn mediocrity, you stalk me ever closer each passing day.

52. Why not, I lend assistance whenever I can and despite constant threats to I have never set someone on fire, thrown someone off a building or any combination of the two. I even have helpful things to say or do when I do help.

Dead 20 - Aspergers level apparently.
I think that is a little unfair. I'm quite introverted and a little socially awkward; I am a long way from any kind of "high-functioning autism." Looking at it I'm not really sure how I got that...

Nouw:
32. I don't consider myself that socially inept but hell, I'm the typical shy teen :P.

EDIT: Makes me wonder what Shinji would have gotten xD.

Same score. I'm not exactly a social butterfly and I tend to keep to myself, but I would think that I'm at least average. I like to consider myself considerate if nothing else.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked