Which fan-pairings do you hate, and why?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Posed Claire and Jill from Resident Evil kissing over a table at a fast food restaurant holding a sausage in each end.
Subtle humor there, which was the point. Then they came. The most notable one from a girl.

DON'T MAKE THEM LESBIAN. THEY ARE NOT LIKE THAT. YOU ARE EVIL. HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO THEM?

Upper case all of it. Then I realized how completely insane parts of any fan base are. This of course made it more
fun to piss them off. But on the other hand, crossover pairings seems to be quite popular. It is just that little
lunatic group that is so vocal. They need a fucking reality check. Most will warm up to it if you do it well.

Blunderboy:

Abomination:
I hate every single fan-pairing and every single person who fan-pairs characters in media.

The former because they're always stupid and the latter because they're always (read: always) insufferable doucheburgers.

Congratulations on winning the thread.
I would reward you but since you crept into my brain and stole my response, I can't. It would send the wrong message.

You already rewarded me when I stole the response... I took a few other things when I was in there too. Remember that wonderful time by the lake with the upcoming supermodel? Of course you don't. But I do now.

Abomination:

Blunderboy:

Abomination:
I hate every single fan-pairing and every single person who fan-pairs characters in media.

The former because they're always stupid and the latter because they're always (read: always) insufferable doucheburgers.

Congratulations on winning the thread.
I would reward you but since you crept into my brain and stole my response, I can't. It would send the wrong message.

You already rewarded me when I stole the response... I took a few other things when I was in there too. Remember that wonderful time by the lake with the upcoming supermodel? Of course you don't. But I do now.

At least you didn't steal that time with her mother and younger twin sisters...that was an awesome game of monopoly.

Flamezdudes:
I'm a massive Evangelion as you can see. I hate the Kaworu and Shinji pairing with a passion, it just makes no sense at all. Shinji is not gay.

And no, it's not me being homophobic, I just don't think Shinji is at all homosexual.

This one threw me off too. He was just introduced so suddenly and almost immediately he latches on to Shinji. I didn't think Shinji was homosexual at all either. I will concede that it made sense though. Shinji may not have been a homosexual but he was desperate for any sort of caring and compassion anyone could give him.

Given that Kaworu was the first person to explicitly show any of those feelings towards Shinji it makes sense that he would begin to reciprocated them to some extent.

gritch:

Flamezdudes:
I'm a massive Evangelion as you can see. I hate the Kaworu and Shinji pairing with a passion, it just makes no sense at all. Shinji is not gay.

And no, it's not me being homophobic, I just don't think Shinji is at all homosexual.

This one threw me off too. He was just introduced so suddenly and almost immediately he latches on to Shinji. I didn't think Shinji was homosexual at all either. I will concede that it made sense though. Shinji may not have been a homosexual but he was desperate for any sort of caring and compassion anyone could give him.

Given that Kaworu was the first person to explicitly show any of those feelings towards Shinji it makes sense that he would begin to reciprocated them to some extent.

Exactly, Shinji was in such a state at the time with no one to turn to that he latched himself to Kaworu. That's why he blushed when Kaworu said "I love you", because no one had shown that sort of affection to him before in living memory, so he was embarrased. He was desperate, like you said, however I don't think he reciprocated exactly.

UncleUlty:
I tend to be annoyed by Kanji/Naoto,or really any girl but Naoto is the most common.Mainly due to the fact that Kanji is gay. I don't mind it if you're just pairing for the sake of the hottness/crack factor

Ninja'd

even for those people who hold the belief that somehow Kanji isn't gay (I find that notion rather silly anyway), Naoto and Kanji have the chemistry of oil and water. One's favorite pastime is crochet and knitting and is thick as a brick, the other is completely uninterested in anything feminine and is an intellectual who (based upon the romance option requirements) finds cunning attractive.

I also dislike pairings that make characters gay with no real evidence, simply for the sake of the romance. It's just off-putting.

Pretty much all of them, but specifically a) pairings where the 2 character quite clearly hate each other in the source material and b) homosexual pairings where 1 or both characters are clearly NOT homosexual, ie one of them is a huge ladies man/pervert.

I've never really been involved in fandoms all that much (although I did recently read a whole huge bunch of modern AU Merthur fanfiction after the last Merlin episode >>) but the way I see it, if someone wants to pair two characters, let them get on with it. I have better things to do than rage over something as silly as fan pairings.

Although it does annoy me somewhat when people start raging at same-sex fan pairings, insisting that the characters involved are straight if those characters have never actually mentioned their sexuality within the actual source material. Arthur marries Gwen you say? Why yes, he does, but I don't see how that precludes the possibility of him being attracted to Merlin. Bisexuality is a thing people, and bi-erasure is not cool.

And then there's the queer-baiting. Dean and Castiel are in no way interested in each other? Well then tell the writers to stop being asshats and to cut out the queer-baiting then. When the canon only ever treats same-sex attraction as a joke you can hardly blame the fandom from working out their frustrations in completely harmless fan works. If some girl somewhere wants to write a Destiel story let her. It's not hurting you.

Get over yourselves.

While I usually don't care that much, the one specific pairing that I really hate is NarutoXSasuke in Naruto, mainly because it's fans are obnoxious, it'll never happen in cannon, and I find gay sex repulsive. I pretty much try to ignore all yaoi for the same reasons.

Incest also pisses me off, the most recent example being Sugu and Kirito in Sword Art Online. Yeah, they were biologically cousins but when you're raised as siblings it just doesn't lead to a romantic relationship, plus incest is bad 'mkay.

On a similar vein, does anyone else find the concept of harems ludicrously unrealistic, and rather insulting and degrading to women? I get the impression that those who think them up are very lonely indeed.

Eomega123:
Shipping doesn't really grind my gears, I find it more humorous than rage-inducing. On that note:

Pictured above is a shipping chart for My Little Pony: Friendship is magic. A larger version can be found here.
Some points of interest:
There are several pairings of characters who have never had speaking lines.
Every main character has been paired with themselves at least once.
Multiple characters have been paired with pets.
Mutliple characters have been paired with inanimate objects.
Multiple inanimate objects have been paired with other inanimate objects.
Someone has been paired with Daring Doo. Daring Doo is a fictional character.
Someone has been paired with Twist. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just icky to think about.

Like I said, it doesn't make me mad. I just find it funny.

Oddly enough, no one has been paired with snails. I see paired with snips, but no snails.

Homestuck fan. Yeah its the fandom with an inbuilt shipping section INSIDE the actual story. And most ships are discussed within the cannon, the creator also declared all ships instantly cannon. Anyway:

Tavros-Vriska. Its basically a case of the horrible girl being a dick to hide how much she likes the guy secretly to the extreme. She cripples him. Its played quite hard and its intentionally made to mock animes where this is a trope. As such people who miss the mockery and take it seriously creep me out. Abuse isnt a healthy thing. Its played in anime and its kinda weird when it is.

Ldude893:
Sherlock Holmes/John Watson.

God damn it, JUST BECAUSE TWO MEN LIVE IN THE SAME APARTMENT AND ARE PARTNERS IN CRIME-SOLVING DOESN'T MEAN THEY HAVE TO BE HOMOSEXUALS.

'...Partners in crime-solving? Is that what they're calling it these days? Hey Billy, come be my partner in crime-solving, if you know what I mean ;)'

OT, because low content is bad: Pretty much all the pairings from Tales of Symphonia, because apparently a lot of people like creepy yaoi. D:

Warachia:

UncleUlty:

Warachia:

So where was it established in the game that Kanji is gay? The game even goes against this idea several times, let's look at the evidence, he thought he might be gay because he was attracted to a girl who was dressed like a boy (who he was still attracted to after they found it they weren't a boy), he doesn't like girls personally because they make fun of the fact that he likes crafts (seen as a girl thing in the game), he peeps on girls in that hot spring scene, and he says "this isn't about being gay or not, it's about rejection" when confronting his shadow.

I'm pretty sure the last part was added in international versions,he was just along for the ride in the hotsprings scene where there was no intentional peeking just the girl's being awful at listening. Unless you're talking about the camping trip wher it just as could have easily been Yu or Yousuke he was looking at.Also where does it really show he's still attracted to Naoto after the reveal,I can't remember a point like that(that's not me being smarmy I really have terrible memory.Finally I do have a friend who is gay partially due to girl's being so awful to him. Not saying that it's some solid fact that Kanji is gay but just I've seen that sort of thing happen.

It shows he's still attracted to Naoto because of the several dozen times he blushes, turns away, and still has trouble talking to her when she shows up, not to mention, he wants to see her in different outfits during that beauty contest, they also added additional scenes in Persona 4 Golden, and are you going to claim the entire reason he snuck into the girls camp was not to prove he wasn't gay? Not to mention he gets nosebleeds (a Japanese thing to show somebody was having perverted thoughts about somebody else) several times, a few of which are only around women who aren't wearing much, and those are who those nosebleeds are clearly intended for at those times.

I take it as he's still trying to work out his feelings for Naoto combined with his general ineptness around girls(haven't played Golden so I'll refrain from comment on those scenes). As for sneaking into the girls camp, that is a combination of peer pressure,him still being in a more fragile state after the whole shadow incident(which made him even more rash than usual),and Yosuke being a dick.Also while I really don't see it that often I assume that he can get a nosebleed from seeing the guys,or as someone pointed out to me it could just be Atlus taking the piss.

You know what's more pathetic than shippers?

Haters.

UncleUlty:

I take it as he's still trying to work out his feelings for Naoto combined with his general ineptness around girls(haven't played Golden so I'll refrain from comment on those scenes). As for sneaking into the girls camp, that is a combination of peer pressure,him still being in a more fragile state after the whole shadow incident(which made him even more rash than usual),and Yosuke being a dick.Also while I really don't see it that often I assume that he can get a nosebleed from seeing the guys,or as someone pointed out to me it could just be Atlus taking the piss.

That's the impression I got from it as well, also, it's not peer pressure if it's his idea in the first place, which it was, Yusuke teased him which made him want to do it, then Yusuke tried to stop him from doing it, and he does get nosebleeds several times, sometimes around both guys and girls wearing little, sometimes around women wearing little, in which case it's obvious who those second ones were meant for, and if it is Atlus taking the piss, there isn't really any indication of it.

I'm actually a little disappointed in Golden, it's nice to have, and some extra scenes are nice, the extra month or two they give you are also nice, but they're outweighed by the negatives, they added a character who is okay, but they have a really awful dungeon with a really awful boss, this character also alters the main story in the most contrived way possible, it's like something out of a fanfiction, there's also these tarot cards that give you skills and permanent stat boosts, but they make the game way too easy, I managed to beat the entire game with only Izanagi, never once switching out for anything else because he always had the best stats, they also felt there wasn't enough fanservice in the game apparently.

Most of them. You can blame it on the annoying fans and horrible fanfictions - constant 'suddenly gays!', romances for zero reason and just generally atrocious writing involving any form of shipping has permanently turned me off all of it, regarding it the same way I do huge piles of garbage or t.v. shows like Big Brother. The fact that 'shipping wars' are not only a thing but often played seriously certainly doesn't help.

Hell, it's easier to name the one 'fan-pairing' I don't mind - Vinyl Scratch and Octavia. They're only background characters, so anyone who wants to ship them has to go out of their way to make personalities for them, kinda rendering them OC's (that and they're the only pairing who has had some decent fan-fiction written about them).

KiloFox:
i'm not a big fan of Ike/Soren from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn...

i just don't see Ike that way, or really WANT him to be with Soren. granted there's a strong connection between the two, but i see it as immense loyalty and respect between the two. i LOVE Soren and i just don't like the pairing (sexually anyway) between him and Ike the musclehead.

Totally agree. Apparently two men cannot be close friends without being lovers. It makes much more sense anyway. Soren is too professional to get involved in that sort of thing.

Flamezdudes:

gritch:

Flamezdudes:

Exactly, Shinji was in such a state at the time with no one to turn to that he latched himself to Kaworu. That's why he blushed when Kaworu said "I love you", because no one had shown that sort of affection to him before in living memory, so he was embarrased. He was desperate, like you said, however I don't think he reciprocated exactly.

I always thought his interactions with Kawaru weren't supposed to imply that Shinji was gay, but was experiencing close male bonding and perhaps learning about homosexuality from a closer viewpoint.

sextus the crazy:

KiloFox:
i'm not a big fan of Ike/Soren from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn...

i just don't see Ike that way, or really WANT him to be with Soren. granted there's a strong connection between the two, but i see it as immense loyalty and respect between the two. i LOVE Soren and i just don't like the pairing (sexually anyway) between him and Ike the musclehead.

Totally agree. Apparently two men cannot be close friends without being lovers. It makes much more sense anyway. Soren is too professional to get involved in that sort of thing.

well yeah there IS the whole "2 men can't show emotion to each other without being shipped by yaoi fangirls" aspect, but i could care less about that implication. hell, if *I* lived in Tellius (that Fire Emblem's land). i would TOTALLY try and hook up with Soren. (even if i was Laguz and that meant losing the ability to shift. which would suck. but Soren? WORTH IT [actually that only happens once a kid is made now i think about it... so it wouldn't matter since i'm male... still, you get my point])
i guess the main reason i don't like the pairing is because *I* want Soren.

solemnwar:

It's almost always male/male shippers, too, I never see the insistence that a non-canon pairing is canon in male/female or female/female fan pairings.

Oh, I hear this all the time. If a man and a woman are standing next to each other, they must be in love! Yaoi fans at least tend to akcnowledge they'd often just like it to be true. (And unfortunately there's so little female/femalestuff to be found, a lot of it is based on implied relationships)

Pairings that are considered by many to be 'canon', despite a romantic relationship not being implied, on the top of my head: Caroline/Cave, Chell/Wheatley(Portal), Ichigo/Rukia (Bleach), Jill/Chris (Resident evil), Mario/Peach...

I bet a lot of people just don't oppose them that vehemently because they're heterosexual pairings, or just assume they're canon.

I have read some very outlandish and funny crack pairings that would never happen (Isn't that the function of fanfiction? To explore possibilities that could never happen), and there are several yaoi pairings I like because the characters are interesting, and the possibility of romance would be cute or make a good story. I like some hetero and yuri pairings for same reasons, but since the most interesting characters tend to be male...

You know, I was gonna say Sonic, and post a hilariously poorly drawn, slightly erotic picture featuring blue lines that appeared to be Sonic and orange lines which appeared to be Tails, but that's just too easy a target. Live & let live, I say.

I've never encountered any other "Pairings," though, so.... yeah. I don't know.

As a Zelda fan I am going to say... any pairing that involves the Kokiri. Kokiri never age and are thus eternally children, so I always find it creepy when people try to pair them (especially with adults). The guy who made Hyrule: Total War also pulled that shit and that was pretty much the moment I got over my hype for that mod.

Yellowfish:
I'm a Touhou fan, so I am a little bit overexposed to that kind of thing. It's kinda hard to not notice all that stuff going on even if you're not into romantic fanworks. Seriously, pick any two characters from those games. There's definitely a fanfic, a doujinshi or some fanart depicting them in a romantic relationship. I guess I no longer hate any ships for that reason. You learn to be tolerant when you are part of a huge fandom full of people that like somethng that you feel indifferent to.

Ooooooh yes! TouHou. Where everyone is gay, and Marisa is a master pimp. It actually is kind of funny when you realize exactly how much crack pairings there are.

OT: As for me, I really don't mind pairings with no basis/OC pairings PROVIDED THEY ARE HANDLED WELL!
I have read some fan fics about archenemies pairing up, and it actually seemed plausible because the writer took so much time to slowly turn their relationship around and did not rush straight to the love.

On the other hand when the writer just shoves two characters together with little or no justification, that I can't stand.

Warachia:

UncleUlty:

That's the impression I got from it as well, also, it's not peer pressure if it's his idea in the first place, which it was, Yusuke teased him which made him want to do it, then Yusuke tried to stop him from doing it, and he does get nosebleeds several times, sometimes around both guys and girls wearing little, sometimes around women wearing little, in which case it's obvious who those second ones were meant for, and if it is Atlus taking the piss, there isn't really any indication of it.

It was his idea... to impress his peers. He didn't do it in order to check out girls; he went through with it in order to project the image he wanted in his social circle, because he's still not comfortable just being himself. What is that, if not peer pressure?

Naoto is boyish-looking enough that he's attracted to her at first glance. The discovery that she's a girl gives him some hope that he might really be straight: you can see this in his dialogue for the swimsuit competition. "Make me a man;" he says: he's hoping that if he still finds her attractive in a swimsuit, like a man's "supposed" to, it'll mean he isn't gay. Unfortunately we don't get to see if this would be the case.

I think the whole "that other me is me" at the end of his S.Link sort of clinches it, because "that other me" wasn't anything but a giant gay stereotype. It was concentrated, distorted reflection of everything he's trying to deny he feels and the fear of what he'll be if he accepts that part of himself.

OT: No real issue with shipping except when people passionately insist it's canon when it's not. I don't think your fantasy is cheapened by acknowledging that it's ambiguous at best, if not outright impossible, better luck in another universe.
Some standouts:
Kingdom Hearts is so full of ship that it could form an armada. My favorite crack idea is that Sora is gay but Riku is not, so Riku and Kairi get married and Sora becomes a drunk because his one true love left him for a woman.
I've seen some Anderson/Alucard stuff (Hellsing) which is just... no no no no no. That might be the single thing those two agree on: whoever ships them sexually needs to die.
The InuYasha fandom is pretty guilty of this as well. People, InuYasha and Sesshoumaru /hate/ each other. That's not repressed sexual tension: that's straight up "I hate you and want you dead."

I saw a Cracked.com article recently, "Top 5 baffling Christmas-themed Fanfics." The winner was an mpreg (male pregnancy) ship between Snape and Harry. Because that's completely possible, not even slightly creepy, and having your male characters knock each other up with no explanation of how the hell that works is totally acceptable and doesn't make me want to gargle bleach.

Lieju:
Pairings that are considered by many to be 'canon', despite a romantic relationship not being implied, on the top of my head: Ichigo/Rukia (Bleach), Jill/Chris (Resident evil)...

Eh... I'm gonna disagree with you here.

Is it actual canon? No. It's not official. But you cannot say there's no implication of the potential for romance.
Especially not Resident Evil.

RE 1 on Jill's run, Wesker had to stop her from sprinting back outside to face the dogs because she believed Chris was out there. She didn't do that on Chris' run when Barry was missing. And during the end of both runs when Chris and Jill are reunited after the other gets locked away, there's much emotion there. In fact, they are the only characters who have hugged in such a way in the series. (Leon only kissed Ada that one time in RE 2 when she was "dying" though I don't remember if that's the canon part of the storyline or not... and the rest of their interaction is all hot and cold stuff.) Then there's RE: Revelations and RE 5.

Bleach with Ichigo is trickier because he's one of those Shounen heroes that's just really passionate and shit about his friends and people he cares about. But Bleach is also one of those shows where a character can get shipped with more than one person. So in the same vein people see Ichigo and Rukia--probably because of her rescue arc, they see Ichigo and Orihime--also because of her rescue arc. Same with that Senna girl in the first movie because off he went to rescue her ass too.

Now I'll say I'm not the type of person who insists things are straight up canon just because I ship. In fact, I ship because I think it might become canon in the future. And I see all of what I said possible. But I do have one that I ship more than the others. I just wouldn't ship them in the first place if I didn't see the possibilities.

game-lover:

Lieju:
Pairings that are considered by many to be 'canon', despite a romantic relationship not being implied, on the top of my head: Ichigo/Rukia (Bleach), Jill/Chris (Resident evil)...

Eh... I'm gonna disagree with you here.

Is it actual canon? No. It's not official. But you cannot say there's no implication of the potential for romance.
Especially not Resident Evil.

And if you want to see the potential for romance there (I just see close partnership), be my guest.

But I don't like it when people automatically assume that they MUST be a couple, because a woman and a man can't be just genuinely friends or colleagues, especially since a lot of people also complain that yaoi-fans make up connections where there is none, when it's the same.

Hoo nelly, Young boy, sit down, take some tea and lets talk.
We're going to talk about pairings, and why they are hysterical.

Many shows, books, movies and games have gone by without any romantic closure between two prominent characters (I speak of a formal acknowledgement and acceptance of feelings or future dealings) and fans have taken it upon themselves to fill in the gaps in many ways, through discussion, fan art and fiction, and many other avenues.

Now the unsavory part, when two groups of people believing one line of thought clash with others believing other lines of thought. They yell at each other, they hurl insults laden with what they consider finite proof of their beloved 'pairings existence', they make it their life mission to tote their flag and burn the opposing teams flag.

In most cases this will die down with the original source in question losing popularity, or it finally closing the matter.

In other cases it will continue with some deluded mongoloids clinging onto the not chosen line for dear life.

And you know what? This is where the most delicious crack pairings, alternate paths, comics and art are born out of it which are utterly hilarious and enjoyable.
Yaoi and Yuri pairings that wouldn't happen in a million years are free to be made fun of and/or taken to heights where even the creators of the show suddenly start to see it.
Even those championing the original pairings start to see the funny side of it and come together in harmony to love and respect one another and just enjoy the absurdity of it all because NONE OF IT IS REAL AND HAS ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON YOUR LIFE.

Congratulations you are now an adult fan and are allowed to post about your favorite false realities on the internet again.
Your line of thought is incredibly flawed and reeks of a 13 year old me. 10 years in being a casual observer in most 'fandoms' have taught me to see everything through 'funny-goggles' and see everyone's reasoning for liking what they like and even occasionally joining in for some fun.

I'm not particularly against people drawing their fan-pairings, but I am pretty much against people trying to actually prove that people are meant to be together or that they could work as a canonical couple. It just creeps me right the fuck out. If I ever see another Zuko x Katara fan-shipping, it will be too soon. Even though I said I was fine with pictures, even that still depends on the material in question. I don't like seeing pictures of fan-ships that I don't think would work, nor do I like seeing fan-ships for certain series such as MLP (I just don't feel like there is any need for pairings), and One Piece. Especially One Piece, pretty much for the same reason as MLP, I just don't feel like romantic coupling has any place in One Piece, at least among the main cast, and I feel like it would be bothersome to the overall whimsical adventure-romance feeling that the show gives off. I will especially note that even if I was into shipping, I still wouldn't want to see any ships with Luffy or Zoro, because as far as Luffy is concerned, his only love is for meat, and Zoro's only love is for the blood of his enemies, his swords, and booze. They don't really seem like characters that are capable of pursuing a romance as their ambitions hold all of their attention, and their friends hold what's left over.

tl;dr I don't like shipping at all, but I am okay with simple pairing pictures so long as they aren't too out there, and I would prefer for them not to be explicit or overly romantic.

One word: Valduggery. Val-fucking-duggery.

VALDUGGERY.

OH GOD VALDUGGERY[1]

[1] Mayhaps I should explain. Valduggery is the unholy fandom coupling of a five hundred year old skeleton and a 17 year old girl. Need I say more? Seriously, need I? Because I have a metric fuckton to say, which I can and will spew forth at the slightest urging. Going on. I dare you.

KiloFox:

sextus the crazy:

KiloFox:

well yeah there IS the whole "2 men can't show emotion to each other without being shipped by yaoi fangirls" aspect, but i could care less about that implication. hell, if *I* lived in Tellius (that Fire Emblem's land). i would TOTALLY try and hook up with Soren. (even if i was Laguz and that meant losing the ability to shift. which would suck. but Soren? WORTH IT [actually that only happens once a kid is made now i think about it... so it wouldn't matter since i'm male... still, you get my point])
i guess the main reason i don't like the pairing is because *I* want Soren.

Hahaha, nice. Yeah, Well I can't argue that Soren isn't awesome. While I don't exactly want him as a lover, I think he would make for an awesome companion and friend, seeing how we're both reserved bookish types.

As a general rule of thumb, if the original creator didn't write it, or at least approve it, it has never happened. If the creator of the source material didn't officially make two characters a couple, they are not a couple. "Ship Tease," as they call it, also does not necessarily mean they are a couple. If something is implied, you need to acknowledge that it is implied, and not explicitly stated.

I dislike it when anyone seriously supports any non-canon pairing. It doesn't matter what your "one true pairing" is. It only matters what the original creator intended. As much as you like your yuri or yaoi fan pairings, they will likely not happen and should never be taken seriously or as fact unless they do.

However, in a game where there are multiple romantic interests, such as Mass Effect or Katawa Shoujo, this debate is a bit more legitimate, but there is no such thing as "one true pairing" in those circumstances. If you like to romance Liara, that's your preference. It's is not necessarily the way that it is meant to be. There is no ideal pairing, no matter what you think.

Matt Ward x Marneus Calgar.
Matt Ward is the lover of Rowboat Girlyman Rawbutt Jellyman Robot Gorillaman Roboute Guilliman.

But to be serious, I despise fanfiction's fanatacism with pairings.

hazabaza1:

Beffudled Sheep:

hazabaza1:
Nanako+P4 Protagonist
They're cousins for fuck's sake! Keep that creepy shit out of my weird... japanese...
alright, fair enough, but I'll still complain.

Cousin marriage is seen as normal and acceptable in many cultures worldwide and there is little increase in risk for genetic issues among first cousins. There is no reason to complain and there is nothing creepy about it.

Yes there is.
My reason is because I find it fucking creepy.

As I see it, cousins shouldn't fuck, end of. That's enough reason for me to complain.

Ah the good old fashioned, "I hear you saying that there is actually nothing wrong with it, but I find it icky so damn the facts and sterilize the population of france!"

Now I realize I may have made that a little more dramatic than it had to be but I find it funny so...meh.

edit: oh yeah... OT: NarutoXsasuke is intolerable. The main plot of Naruto has nothing to do with the tailed beasts, the absolute majority of the plot is based on the love...square or whatever between the characters. This ship is the worst because it's created by people who (probably) like the manga/anime and still decide to throw everything in the trash and make up this ridiculous fantasy.

Also, when you make fanfiction where the characters are not behaving like they do in the source material, don't have the same relations between each other and aren't even in the same universe....just don't.

Zorg Machine:

hazabaza1:

Beffudled Sheep:
Cousin marriage is seen as normal and acceptable in many cultures worldwide and there is little increase in risk for genetic issues among first cousins. There is no reason to complain and there is nothing creepy about it.

Yes there is.
My reason is because I find it fucking creepy.

As I see it, cousins shouldn't fuck, end of. That's enough reason for me to complain.

Ah the good old fashioned, "I hear you saying that there is actually nothing wrong with it, but I find it icky so damn the facts and sterilize the population of france!"

Now I realize I may have made that a little more dramatic than it had to be but I find it funny so...meh.

Your point?

When the world is completely ran by logic I'll take your opinion into consideration but until then cousins fucking is creepy and I don't like it.

I'm bullet proof to most shipping nonsense.
My girl has a tendency to be weird like this and ship all sorts of stuff that just makes no sense at all.
I used to care.
Now I just laugh at her.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked