Good live bands

Pages PREV 1 2

Metallica... they were great live before they even made a studio album

EscapeGoat:

TheRightToArmBears:

EscapeGoat:

Quick question, but when you saw Stone Sour did they start their set by coming out to a metal'd-up version of Duel of the Fates from The Phantom Menace? They did for the show I saw (when they were dual-headlining with Avenged Sevenfold for the Nightmare tour) and that intro completely sold it for me.

Also, I'd love to see Gallows live, even now with Wade, especially if I got to see them in a club like Cancer Bats. Similar situation and otherwise ridiculously good live show was Pulled Apart by Horses, back when their first album was just out. The only thing that would stop it being on my best gigs of all time list was that I'm not sold on their music (I was brought along by a friend, although I did enjoy myself) and the sheer volume of injuries both me and my mate sustained that night. Their singer got a little bit too into the circle pits, and turned out to be a puncher.

Yeah they did! I saw them on that tour, in Birmingham.

Gallows were really good in a tiny sweaty room, but they were also really good at Sonisphere. They had the biggest circle pit I've ever seen!

No way - we saw them at the same time! Birmingham NIA, ooh, 2010-ish, Hellyeah opened in support and Mike Portnoy drumming for Avenged?

Yup, I've still got my ticket blu-tacked to my wall! Annoyingly I was seated though because my then-girlfriend didn't want to be in the standing area.

Swans. Oh good lord Swans.

If you're okay with it being a pretty, um, intense experience.

TheRightToArmBears:

Yup, I've still got my ticket blu-tacked to my wall! Annoyingly I was seated though because my then-girlfriend didn't want to be in the standing area.

I was standing in the middle for Avenged, then got near the front for Stone Sour. It was going great until a mosh pit formed right next to me during Made of Scars and then I had to get involved. Great night.

I find this kind of odd, in a cool way. I mean, all the people that use this site, what are the odds you'd find two people who went to the same show?

The Red Hot Chili Peppers show was the best I've ever seen, Biffy Clyro were awesome, as were Metallica and Slipknot (why yes i did go to Sonisphere 2011)
Edit: Have to include Gallows, the circle pit ended with me being pushed to the front and getting high fived by Frank :D

Dope, Anew Revolution, Flaw, Bad Religion, Rise Against, and Bobaflex are all fucking kick ass!

but one really stands out as a must see live act

Sinch - their fifth member plays this thing called a viditar. it just makes all their shows an experience. vid below to explain better. him playing it starts around 6:10

and here's the music video for their song "All That's Left Behind" it pretty closely captures what its like at one of their shows.

Hatsune Miku is the best live.

Smashing Pumpkins

Like every live band they have their off moments due to sound problems, bad equipment etc but when nothing glitches they sound pretty phenomenal like so:

EscapeGoat:

TheRightToArmBears:

I was standing in the middle for Avenged, then got near the front for Stone Sour. It was going great until a mosh pit formed right next to me during Made of Scars and then I had to get involved. Great night.

I find this kind of odd, in a cool way. I mean, all the people that use this site, what are the odds you'd find two people who went to the same show?

Well it's not like it was a small show! It's just a sign that there are people on this site with impeccable taste.

I have a theory that since CD sales have tanked, and Live Music is a bands main source of income (barring publishing), bands in the last 5 years are leagues ahead of early 2000s "punk" and alternative bands.

Bands like Mae, Taking Back Sunday, and pretty much any band on Tooth & Nail Records were amazing on record, but terrible live.

Now (in australia at least) there are a slew of new bands who have their shit together and sound great even before their first record.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked