A cult forms around you. How do you react?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Let's say for the sake of argument, that through a series of random coincidences, a group of people, let's say about 500, got it into their heads that you were god and began worshipping you as such. When you found out about this, what would you do next? These people will believe everything you say and do whatever you tell them without question. Would you tell them to go out into the world and do good, or bad, or would you tell them what they believe is untrue, and you aren't god?

Personally, I would tell them I'm not god. I'd be tempted to tell them to do good, but I would hate to be responsible for the lives of so many others and I'd feel awful if one of them did something horrible.

My own personal small army that will obey my every wish because they think I am God? That's like a dream come true :D I guess I would use them to cause chaos here and there.

You act as if that doesn't already happen on a daily basis.

I have to ignore them. It was fun at first, but after a while, I got a little bored with the idea.

I get uncomfortable with the whole 'forum celebrity' thing around here as it is, having a cult form around me would probably make me have an aneurysm.

Order them to build an army of flying monkey people so that they can go and hunt down small dogs for the coming sacri...to build up a collection.

With the crazy villain answer out the way, I'd be confused and likely end up calling the police.

Can't say a blame them. I am pretty awesome.

Me, a god to people...nope, not for me. I guess I would start with trying to get them to understand I am just another person, not some god. However if that does not work I guess I would send them out with orders to do as much good as they could, but never return to me or mention my name.

Heck, worst case scenario they blame me for them thinking I am a god and tear me apart into a bloody mess...yeah I really don't want anything like this.

I would simply view them all to be nutters and try to get the authority to arrest them if possible depending how persistant they are. If their persitant are strong and last for long I may give in but to profit from it aswell unless I get arrest from doing that.

Look, you've got it all wrong,You don't need to follow me, you don't need to follow anyone.You've got to think for yourselves. You're all individuals!

I would react....with a chainsaw.

cultists are like zombies, you can brutally murder them without feeling the slightest bit of guilt. Probably because they keep trying to destroy the world.

Although, if it happened in the Fallout Universe? yea, THEN i would lead the cultists and form a doomsday cult because honestly....the vast majority of people in that universe dont deserve to live.

(I should probably mention that im kinda joking)

Make a false religion that requires huge tithes to go to charity. Also, make an awesome conga line.

Marter:
snip

I know your avatar's from Pitch Perfect, but which scene is it from?

Well it's about f*cking time someone recognized me as the god I am.
Now let's get to work on making this a better world.

I walk up to their leader and hit him on the head with my false swipe attack. Then I turn to the
others and ask "Cubone cubone bone bone cubone cu cubone?" Which of course is cubone-speak for
"If I were a god, couldn't I have knocked him out with one hit?"

The answer is quite obvious, i'd tell them to convert the unbelievers in order for my cult to grow. And eventually i'll go full Kane (C&C reference)!

Dangit2019:
I know your avatar's from Pitch Perfect, but which scene is it from?

After the first rehearsal.

"I know you have a toner, for Jesse."
"A what?"
"A toner. A musical boner. I saw it, at hoodlight; it's distracting."
"Yeah, that's not a thing, and, uh, you're not the boss of me, so..."

The "a what?" part is where the avatar comes from.

Well, it's about time!

The Lord of Tacos is not pleased with this insolence

Drink all the Kool-Aid now!

CRAP, I'm back to square one!

But since I'm not too keen on doing that, I'll do my best to convince them that I am not god and to think for themselves.

Dunno where they'd get a warped idea like that, but...

I'd explain my life philosophy at length (they are welcome to write it down), maybe try to establish a church of tolerance (any gender, race, orientation, etc.) and say that really my dad is a much better role model for you to emulate. Because he is.

Daystar Clarion:
I get uncomfortable with the whole 'forum celebrity' thing around here as it is

Yeah, how did that happen? Is it the post count? You do have a lot of posts...

Anyway, I'd imagine it'd be horrendously uncomfortable and the person, to whom the cultists are attracted, would very much like them to stop. Take Robert Pattinson, for instance. Poor guy.

I already have a ready supply of indoctrinated orphans. Add them to the organization I guess.

It'd be a pain to train them though. They might not even be potty trained the filthy fleshbags :(

*sigh* The sacrifices I make

WhyBotherToTry:
or would you tell them what they believe is untrue, and you aren't god?

And what is this nonsense XD

I AM A BIOTIC GOD!

Daystar Clarion:
I get uncomfortable with the whole 'forum celebrity' thing around here as it is, having a cult form around me would probably make me have an aneurysm.

You could surrender peacefully and accept the sweet embrace of The Injustice League's Chaos. We promise to relieve you of your burden >:)

There are WAAAAY too many people on this post who would be willing to throw away the opportunity of a lifetime because it makes them feel uncomfortable.

"Your God requires offerings! I request a shrubbery Lamborghini!"

Plus I could enforce a unique cult dress-code. Everyone wears cardboard 12-pack drink cases as hats. And crazy socks. Can't forget those.

I would separate about two hundred of them from the rest, separate that group in half, and tell one side to go out and research immortality in a scientific way. And the other half to research immortality in a mysticism way. If nothing can be done, I have them pool their efforts into one big project that combines science and magic, for the single goal of getting me, and my trusted lieutenants, immortality. (Though I may give my lieutenants a weaker version, where while they won't age, if they are killed physically, they can still die. I may consider giving them better resistance to damage than is humanly possible though. And I may allow my normal servants to live up to half a millennium. Only if they prove hard working. If only because it is such a chore to find good help.)

I would have one hundred of the three hundred that are left as my personal servants. For now, and I would send the other two hundred out converting others to my cause. If I gain immortality, and the process of conversion is slow, I shall demonstrate it. It can only help.

I would then go to TVTropes, copy and paste every page having to do with the "Evil Overlord List," have it set up in an easy to follow guideline, and make as much use of it as possible. As I would totally be an evil overlord. Hopefully with immortality. (Parts about harems and such may be ignored, if I so still wish, once all that power and evil laughing have gone to my head.)

Edit: I would have NO CHILDREN. If I must get rid of desires the old natural way, I shall make absolutely sure nothing can come from it. I don't want my followers defecting to my child, or them trying to overthrow their old man one day. I want to have my immortality and power as long as possible. Forever if I can.

I'd use the hot ones for sex, the rich ones for money, the influential ones for political and legal protection when the sex and money gets out of control, and the rest for suicidal attacks on my enemies should the sex, money, politics and criminality get really out of control.

Daystar Clarion:

O Praised be Clarion, our Daily Star!

He hath spoken!

Obey his every word, cherish his name in silence, but do not openly refer to his followers as cult!

His Word is the Law!

All Hail Clarion, the Daystar!

I would tell them to stop chanting about me and to get the fuck off my lawn *While standing outside the front door swinging my old man cane in the air above my head*

Well, it looks like my grandma is gonna get a lot of free house work done...<.>

I dunno I'd probably ust ask them to help with laundry and cook me the occasional meal... I'm not really a big ideas kind of guy...

Demand tribute to buy myself a new desktop, ask them whether to stick with Windows 7 or move to 8. After that was sorted I would then set to work writing the new holy book. I've got radical ideas that I believe a group of crazies can implement quite beautifully.

well first I woul....

Sixcess:
I'd use the hot ones for sex, the rich ones for money, the influential ones for political and legal protection when the sex and money gets out of control, and the rest for suicidal attacks on my enemies should the sex, money, politics and criminality get really out of control.

Fucking ninja I was going to use that for my cult

Initial reaction? The following words:

"Where's my cut?"

BOW DOWN MOTHAFUCKAS!!!

OT: The moral side of me would say that I'd do what I could to disband that cult. But the harsh reality is that the power would go straight to my head and I'd have that exact mentality above. Not that I'd mind, though. I mean, I got 500 fuck'n people listening to every word I say! I got it made!

About damn time!

OT: Dunno, I would use it to my advantage, rent an old building or house and make the group work, with everyone giving me daily offerings everyday!

I don't have enough cultists, so more is always good.

I'd be torn between trying to correct them, or exploiting their delusions for the betterment of mankind. Would it be better for the world for them to be shown the truth, or better to use their undying faith to power positive social change?

Headdrivehardscrew:

Daystar Clarion:

O Praised be Clarion, our Daily Star!

He hath spoken!

Obey his every word, cherish his name in silence, but do not openly refer to his followers as cult!

His Word is the Law!

All Hail Clarion, the Daystar!

Right, listen 'ere you: 'E's not the messiah, 'e's a very naughty boy!

First I'd try to get them to stop, since in my life I emphasize rational thought and logic, so religious stuff as a whole just makes me slightly uncomfortable.
But if they continued, I'd just go "what the hell" and use my newfound followers to spread my moral philosophy, which really just boils down to "Be a reasonable, decent human being."

probably make a point to slap each and every one of them for being idiots and tell them to go home.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked