A cult forms around you. How do you react?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Abuse the Powah!

Convince them I can shoot lightening from my fingertips whilst screaming "UNLIMITED POWER".

Make a throne out of people.

The usual.

It would depend on how they lived previously, if I had the chance to make complete evil people into good people with what i preached - I'd try.
If they were ordinary people i would tell them to live how they want

I personally would never want to be a leader of a cult as reprehensible enough to have someone like me as it's leader.

Daystar Clarion:
I get uncomfortable with the whole 'forum celebrity' thing around here as it is, having a cult form around me would probably make me have an aneurysm.

It's alright SIR, we have the best medical staff in that event SIR.

OT: I would either do the Fight Club thing, or use them to spread a good word, maybe get the US to handle its shit better, and wake up the sheep.

I'd keep all the hot non crazy chicks for myself *cough*.. and uhh.. let the rest of them go about their normal life, with making sure they don't do anything too crazy in my name.

"Your God demands tribute! Get out your checkbooks!"

Then I'd probably spend the rest of my days ordering them around to do whatever comes to mind at the moment, making regal gestures at them from a throne I'd have them build for me.

So what I'm saying is that the attention might go to my head a wee bit.

Order them to cut down the mightest tree in the forest....with a herring.

And if they return from that, Order them to kill themselves right now. Either they will or they'll quit. In either case, I'll be rid of them.

First tell them to spread the word and increase our numbers. Then I'd use the usefull ones to make my life as easy and enjoyable as possible. I wouldn't just be a god among men, but with all those followers, I'd be a RICH god among men.

And of course take over the world once I have enough devoted followers.

Murmillos:
I'd keep all the hot non crazy chicks for myself *cough*.. and uhh.. let the rest of them go about their normal life, with making sure they don't do anything too crazy in my name.

Yeah, I'd do that too, but anyone following me as a cult leader is crazy by definition so that's out.

So I'd teach everyone in the cult how to play different instruments, and have them follow me around everywhere providing an orchestral soundtrack to my life.

I will go mad with power.

It'll probably be for the best I'm the official religion, anyway. I mean, if people are going to worship someone, it might as well be me.

First thing, have awesome intercourse. Second thing, wake up. Third thing, go back to sleep.

world domination and live like a king

Well they'll probably come up with some excuse as to why I would say I'm not a god so nothing I say will dissuade them from that. I guess I'd just try to make the best of it, do some good out in the world and profit from it a little.

Start some sort of a business founded on charity and good deeds; general philanthropic interests and such. All profits to benefit the enclave... basically a benevolent communism. Of course, a small tribute to me will be required from each member, with various payment options depending on their situation and/or relative hotness/willingness (incidentally, rape is never ok. not even for a "god").

I would also make no illusions of immortality (or resurrection) and let my company be my legacy, with strict, public instructions left for my followers after my inevitable death. These instructions would include a clause under which, if my guidelines were no longer followed, the company would immediately disband and ALL company assets would be immediately donated to various charity organizations. The instructions would explicitly NOT include a successor. My seat as "god-emperor" must remain empty without me, to prevent exploitation by and temptation of my followers.

if it were all women.. ORGY WOOOHOOO!!!!

EvilMaggot:
if it were all women.. ORGY WOOOHOOO!!!!

Damn right!

What I personally would do: First I'd take all their money. Then I'd have them build a monastery somewhere far away and tell them to make themselves the ultimate men: study all sorts of knowledge and train physically. When they're finished, I present them to the world, and everyone will flock to me because they want to become the ultimate men too. Failing that, I'd have my own personal army and probably raise a criminal empire. Morally wrong, but morality is bad business.

Ummm... apparently I just made myself Ra's al Ghul from the new Batman movies.

Well, shit. It's about damn time.

It is stage 3 of the plan, so I go on to stage 4: conquer the earth one nation at a time until I reach ten conquered.

I'd make it a classy cult none of that crazy gibbering insanity no it would be all well dressed intelligent people in positions of power who wouldn't have any official ties to me until the master plan comes to fruition and then the world will know who their true ruler is! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I mean nothing I would politely tell them to go away

First, 500 strong chorus line. To sing various showtunes and hard rock classics. No really.

Then the money, then the bitches, then maybe the guys for a while, then the bitches again.

And then maybe the women

Cults like other Institutions of belief are not to be dismissed. Yes one could join the faith or fight back with reason but that will make you either a fundamentalist or a Cynic. Faith is people who need it. Instead align yourself with a cause, belief is optional (and besides cannot be quantified) and once known use the power of the Cult to manipulate the followers into propagating you ideals.

Don't ask what you can do in the cult, but what the Cult can do for you

Sixcess:
I'd use the hot ones for sex, the rich ones for money, the influential ones for political and legal protection when the sex and money gets out of control, and the rest for suicidal attacks on my enemies should the sex, money, politics and criminality get really out of control.

I'd use my cult to assassinate yours.

...There's a thought. Train my followers to become a fraternity of assassins bent on keeping the world from going down the toilet, or otherwise just killing some of the really evil pricks in the world. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins.

First target: Barney. That purple bastard's gonna pay for raping my childhood.

First I get the money, then I get the power, then I get the woman.

Wow, SO MUCH conquer the world. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you give me ANY power, and I will abuse the FUCK out of it.

I would have them bring me all the Reese's Pieces they could find. And some Doritos. With some salsa. And maybe some guacamole.
What were we talking about?

Id get them all into playing Planetside 2.

500 people who will do whatever i tell them to without question? Practically a wet dream in that game.

Ask them for all their money. Then go into hiding.

Cults are freaky, but I might as well get something out of it.

M0rp43vs:
First, 500 strong chorus line. To sing various showtunes and hard rock classics. No really.

Then the money, then the bitches, then maybe the guys for a while, then the bitches again.

And then maybe the women

Hey! I love dogs too!

XMark:

Murmillos:

Yeah, I'd do that too, but anyone following me as a cult leader is crazy by definition so that's out.

So I'd teach everyone in the cult how to play different instruments, and have them follow me around everywhere providing an orchestral soundtrack to my life.

Seeing that avatar, and associating it with "8-Bit Theater", specifically "Black Mage", makes it even more hilarious.
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2001/03/23/episode-008-adventurers-1-giant-0/
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2007/10/04/episode-902-we-hurt-the-ones-we-loathe/

Would Black Mage actually enjoy an orchestral soundtrack?

I'd tell them to go find jobs and bathe regularly.

PsychicTaco115:
Well, it's about time!

The Lord of Tacos is not pleased with this insolence

Drink all the Kool-Aid now!

CRAP, I'm back to square one!

You can have most of mine. Why most? I may be a maniacal sideways genius, but I'm a lazy maniacal sideways genius who's also broke.

Tell them I am not God. If any still do not believe, I'd insist they check into a mental health facility.

I would check to see if there was any hot chicks among them.

Let them have cake! And then let everyone else have cake aswell

Finally live out my "If I was older and more badass" power fantasy.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked