If you were to have a duel, where would you and why?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I am making a card game and I need more ideas for battlegrounds. So if you were to have a duel, where would you and why?

If I were to have a duel, it would be on an airplane. Not inside an airplane, but like this:

only with guns instead of tennis racquets. Why? Because it would be badass as fuck, that's why.

I said this in a previous thread I believe...the top of Temin-Ni-Gru from DMC3, because it is the top of a huge tower, while it is hammering it down with rain! This would also be the battle music!

I would also fight in the inside of a tower with lot's of aerial combat and jumping around! (all one room with a stair case on the walls going up! The tower is also like a cylinder.

At the steppes of a temple at the top of a pillar mountain, like the ones in Zhangjiajie in China! Those things just look so damn cool. Not to mention dangerous. :D

TizzytheTormentor:
*snip*

I prefer Reach Out To The Truth actually, but only by a small margin.

And also, I'd have the battle here:

Because, an alternate dimension with an unlimited number of swords from every time period? Yes please!

Easy in a very small cramped room where my opponent couldn't punch or kick properly and I would just choke them out or snap their arm since I am used to grappling in extremely tight areas.

But for the sake of cool arena's and your game over a volcano on a bridge would be fun.

here its from the Stormlight Archives and I want the power armor and lighsaber sword thing too
epic music required

Mid Base-jump
Like that chap who jumped from the edge of space.
Seriously if you had a tall ass building fall down and a battle to occur mid-fall that would be pretty damn epic.

- on the hull of a submarine that is periodically submerged in arctic waters
- on the outside of a rigid airship that has lost power and is hurtling towards the ground
- on top of a two-hundred-foot-tall minaret inside a parabolic mirror array built to focus light into a laser that periodically heats sections of the room to ignition temperature
- on the arm cannon of a skyscraper-sized battle mech as it fights an army of other battle mechs
- any garden, electronic shop, or antique store (but only if they're classy)
- on the battlements of a cliffside castle whose foundations are crumbling into the sea
- in a bar, but like a really nice bar with cushioned seats where they won't look at you strange if you order a white russian

Despite how indescribably cracked out this movie is, I always thought this was one of the coolest places to have a sword duel. Granted they're fighting on one long beam, but imagine if they somehow took advantage of all the floating pieces and walls around them.

Right outside the morgue. It'll save the authorities time, no matter who wins.

A perfectly aligned forest like the one from the beginning of the johnny cage scorpion fight from the mortal kombat movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2McbQrH0qI0

In front of a very determined orchestra, on a large stage. We'd have rapiers and actual epic music! Bonus points if the guys are awesome and play to the duel, getting more intense as one gets closer to defeat.

At first I read this and thought you meant as in fencing or pistols, so I'll still post what i thought and then get OT.
~My yard and because shut the hell up jake, you are not better than me and Im going to damn well prove it!

now as for a card game... I actually liked the one stage in SC IV where you fight where there's still a dodo bird (though technically for the time its right and they wouldnt all be dead, or at least its reasonable) but have it set in modern times where extinct animals are runing around jurassic park style and you have to duel as tehy do.

4 foot by 4 foot room.

Rocket launchers.

As for the card game.........I dunno, really.

emeraldrafael:
At first I read this and thought you meant as in fencing or pistols

Me too. To answer that question, I'd duel with English arming swords + bucklers in the paved city center (In Edmonton's case, Churchill Square), mostly to make sure I had witnesses see that the whole thing was consensual. I mean, it's illegal anyway, but for the purposes of the question I'm assuming it isn't.

As to where I would have a Yuigoh or what-have-you duel... Well, obviously you can't do it outdoors, the wind would blow the cards away.

A place for a cardgame duel, eh? There is only one place to do this...

On the roof of a Metal Gear, naturally.
Preferably with this in the background:

On a long stretch of rocks way out in the harbor like so.

The rocks themselves are perilous, as the are all aligned in an angle, making it easy to slip and fall onto the rocks, into a hole within the the rocks, or on the side of the ocean waves, crashing against the rocks.

I'd have a full advantage in this type of environment, as I have a good grip and can easily traverse through the rocks. I can also sabotage the foundation of certain rocks without affecting my own footing.

In a Church/Cathedral would be awesome but also bit... hedonistic?
On a famous Football pitch
A Market place
A playing ground

beefpelican:
I am making a card game and I need more ideas for battlegrounds. So if you were to have a duel, where would you and why?

in the fluffy dimension.
it hardly matters what started the dispute.
the only thing that matters is not to risk to get killed over something that most likely isnt worth the hassle.

A duel?

On a plane. Preferably flown by an ally of mine.
I'm a practical person.

An abandoned Shopping centre at night: Plenty of shops to improvise weapons from, could always hide/rest in a storeroom or something if i got injured, and would probably we able to just wait in a shop and ambush my opponent when he walked in

Where I would personally have a duel: No matter the place, 20 inches behind my opponent.

Cool places for duels I can come up with:
-On a circus zipline.
- In the middle of a stadium with an audience of thousands.
- Me and the opponent both being on wires and flipping through the air like goddamn Neo.
- On top of a waterfall, with the loser getting thrown down
- On an even, grassy field with the sun setting behind us

In the middle of a perfectly flat, completely empty, wide open field, to decrease the ability to fight dirty, and decrease the chances of my dying from something stupid like slipping and falling instead of being defeated by my opponent.

TizzytheTormentor:
I said this in a previous thread I believe...the top of Temin-Ni-Gru from DMC3, because it is the top of a huge tower, while it is hammering it down with rain! This would also be the battle music!

I would also fight in the inside of a tower with lot's of aerial combat and jumping around! (all one room with a stair case on the walls going up! The tower is also like a cylinder.

You linked the wrong youtube video, I think you intended to link

All you guys posting music? Please. There is only one kind of dueling music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFkdcQgNJHo

I'd have it in the desert somewhere. Hopefully my opponent would collapse from the heat and I'd win by default.

SomeLameStuff:

TizzytheTormentor:
*snip*

I prefer Reach Out To The Truth actually, but only by a small margin.

And also, I'd have the battle here:

Because, an alternate dimension with an unlimited number of swords from every time period? Yes please!

Out of curiosity, what anime is that image from?

On the outer hull of a space satation. At the centre of the universe. At the end of time. Whilst the universe explodes around us. And my opponent is the Ultimate Force of Absolute Evil. And the duel is a swordfight.

Yeaaahhhh...

On top of a tank being airlifted out of a train in the arctic during a snow storm while the train is heading towards a volcano. And at some point transitioning from the tank to on top the train to on a bi-plane to a jet-ski chase that brought us to a tropical island and then on a slowly submerging submarine and finally on top of alligators in a swamp...

Don't ask me how this is supposed to play out...

An abandoned farm, then a gravel pit and then a sawmill.

For some reason, I'm imagining two individuals playing a children's card game against each other in the places being suggested.

Anyway, I'm imagining a building under construction. Like the top of a skyscraper, with a thunderstorm raging in the background.

bring on...

thats all the explanation i need

In a gun factory

Two men enter! One man leaves!

Weapons would be just be whatever they had in the movie. A chainsaw and something else I can't remember.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked