If you were to have a duel, where would you and why?

Pages PREV 1 2

On a roller coaster. With corn dogs as the weapon of choice and funnel cakes for shields.

Captcha: Close quarters.
Well I should say so!

A recently waxed floor, duellist wearing only socks on their feet of course.

The weapons, wet mops. Not entirely epic but it would be a great story none the less.

in the middle of a old graveyard, one grave already dug, a gun duel between me and someone i hate, like Bruno Mars

The only place big enough to hold my ego

On the lady I'm fighting for the honor of. Duh.

Also, "in free-fall" sounds cool.

We need a Lethal Lava Land up in here.

This will do.

This REALLY needs a lot more context. Not even joking there is no way to give an appropriate answer here.

For one, what type of duel. Swords? Guns? Cards?
You have stated that this is a card dueling series, but are there other duels that you are looking for inspiration for, or just locations for the card duels outside of general arenas?

Secondly, what is the lore of the universe? What level of magic exists?

Generally card duel games are a theme of anime and a lot of occult aspects in a number of anime are linked to religion in some way, whether it be modern religion or ancient long forgotten by most people religion, though it isn't always the case.

In either case, I would have my duel in a sea parted by magic with the heavens opening up overhead and battle music played by angels pouring down from above. Over the top and overly dramatic? Yeah, but that's how I like it. Be it with swords or cards that's where I'd duel. Guns would be somewhere like a shopping mall with lots of cover where it turns more into a hunt than a duel, or is more like the Matrix lobby scene than you're classic gun duel.

The Thinker:
On the lady I'm fighting for the honor of. Duh.

Also, "in free-fall" sounds cool.

Either you are a very tiny person or things will be awfully unpleasant for your lady friend.

Joccaren:
This REALLY needs a lot more context. Not even joking there is no way to give an appropriate answer here.

For one, what type of duel. Swords? Guns? Cards?
You have stated that this is a card dueling series, but are there other duels that you are looking for inspiration for, or just locations for the card duels outside of general arenas?

Secondly, what is the lore of the universe? What level of magic exists?

Generally card duel games are a theme of anime and a lot of occult aspects in a number of anime are linked to religion in some way, whether it be modern religion or ancient long forgotten by most people religion, though it isn't always the case.

For clarity's sake, the duel would be with weapons, not with cards. The duel is described by the cards. I left the rest vague on purpose, to get a wider range of responses, which was fantastic.

A Construction Zone.
A Cherry Orchard.
A Royal Hall.
The Edge of A River/Waterfall Background
The Top of a Tower.
A Ruined City.
In a Sunny Glenn.
Next to a Lake on a Full Moon.
In a Dungeon.
In a Dojo.
On a Bridge.
On a Ship.
On the Back of a 200 Ft Tall Monster.
In a Crypt.

Um...That's all I've got for now.

In a house of mirrors, in order to adequately, to coin a phrase, fuck shit up. It would be excellent.

In the middle of the street, Surrounded by a crowd of people.

On top of a black friday (or whatever the insane American shopping day is) crowd!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked