8% (16)
8% (16)
Anklosaurus, come at me bro
12.4% (25)
12.4% (25)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So here's a thread guaranteed to awaken your inner 8 year old. What's you're favorite dinosaur, and why?

I apologize if you're choice isn't in the poll, it only had room for 8 and I didn't feel like wasting one on 'other'. So if yours isn't there just state it in your post. And if it's something obscure, include a picture and tell us a bit about it.

For me it's gotta be the Anklosaurus, he's basically a living tank who could wholeheartedly kick your ass, or perhaps I should say his ass could kick you, but he chooses not to unless threatened. I think that's pretty respectable.

I've always been a fan of velociraptors. They're small, quick, and totally badass. They're also sort of adorable, in some way.

Not really obscre, but I'm gonna post a picture anyway. Iguanodon. It had spikes on its hands instead of thumbs!

Of the available options, I've always been partial to the Stegosaurus. For absolutely no discernible reason.

Raptors of course, they only got more awesome when science added feathers.

I was gonna say Tyrannosaurus but after looking up the Spinosaurus and thinking it wouldn't look too out of place as a Godzilla monster, I'm gonna go with that.

Also, I don't wanna be that guy but somebody has to be; Pterodactyls aren't dinosaurs, they're Pterosaurs.

I love all dinosaurs, it'd be hard to pick one type as my favorite. Doing an inventory of my plushies, I have two apatosaurs, two stegosaurs, a parasaurolophus, and a triceratops. Also, Alexander insists that he is a megalodon, and also that that is a dinosaur. He is wrong about both (he's a great white), but megalodon is awesome enough to mention here.

I am forced to conclude that apatosaurus and stegosaurus are tied for my favorite, at least until I get another one to break the tie. I'd love an adorable ankylosaurus, though.

Fun fact: Firefox spell check tries to tell me that apatosaurus is misspelled, and when I right click it, it suggests changing it to brontosaurus. Firefox spell check is WRONG.

This is the only true answer.

because of this, I almost went with raptors, but then decided Triceratops will always win.

Out of your list, I'd choose the Ankylosaurus, go figure. Screw claws, he has a mace! My all-time favorite has to be the Dimetrodon. image
Look at his fin! He was just a few years away from evolving into a dragon 'till that scumbag meteor...or supervolcano...or aliens.

Hazy992:
I was gonna say Tyrannosaurus but after looking up the Spinosaurus and thinking it wouldn't look too out of place as a Godzilla monster, I'm gonna go with that.

Also, I don't wanna be that guy but somebody has to be; Pterodactyls aren't dinosaurs, they're Pterosaurs.

Dammit, I was going to be that guy! Stop stealing my thunder!

As for my vote, I'm going to have to go with Carcharodontosaurus, for being badass enough to survive around Spinosaurs.

NightmareWarden:
Out of your list, I'd choose the Ankylosaurus. Screw claws, he has a mace! My all-time favorite has to be the Dimetrodon. image
Look at his fin! He was just a few years away from evolving into a dragon 'till that scumbag meteor...or supervolcano...or aliens.

NOT A DINOSAUR TRY AGAIN OR I'LL RELEASE THE UTAHRAPTORS

This, friends, is how you be that guy!

Off the list I'd say Stegosaurus for no other reason than I like saying that word. Stegosaurs. It's fun.

The actual best dinosaur was Iguanodon. The damn thing had spikes instead of thumbs! How awesome is that!

With the T-Rex being the popular badass dinosaur that everyone went with when we were kids, I thought I'd be different and for the Allosaurus instead. The Cretacecous can suck it!

...incidentally without the option for Allosaurus in the poll, I went for T-Rex...

Aris Khandr:
Fun fact: Firefox spell check tries to tell me that apatosaurus is misspelled, and when I right click it, it suggests changing it to brontosaurus. Firefox spell check is WRONG.

When I put in "Allosaurus" on Chrome it suggests Stegosaurus instead, so mine's like stupidly wrong.

Brontosaurus because of that cartoon that I used to watch as a kid. They are awesome.

My favourite goes to the T-Rex.

Because Grimlock.

Froggy Slayer:

NightmareWarden:
Out of your list, I'd choose the Ankylosaurus. Screw claws, he has a mace! My all-time favorite has to be the Dimetrodon. image

FINE THEN, I'll choose a specific species of the awesome Antarctopelta of the Anklyosauria! Forget hot and humid climates, this beast lived in Antarctica!

NightmareWarden:

Froggy Slayer:

NightmareWarden:

FINE THEN, I'll choose a specific species of the awesome Antarctopelta of the Anklyosauria! Forget hot and humid climates, this beast lived in Antarctica!

Antartica WAS a relatively hot and humid climate at the time!
Don't try to beat me, son, I'll always win. Always.

Sassafrass:

This is the only true answer.

I counter your Reptar with the actual true answer.

Barney the motherfucking dinosaur!

This dino does not give one singular fuck, and that is why he's the best! =D

Froggy Slayer:

NightmareWarden:

Antartica WAS a relatively hot and humid climate at the time!
Don't try to beat me, son, I'll always win. Always.

After doing some research I have learned that you were right and my teachers were kind of dumb in stating that Antarctica is solid ice. On to another note:

Froggy Slayer:

As for my vote, I'm going to have to go with Carcharodontosaurus, for being badass enough to survive around Spinosaurs.

The Carchardontosaurus may have been smaller than the Spinosaurus, however the Spinosaurus mainly ate fish and sea creatures (Perhaps not ALL, due to the different species, of course). If the creatures were to fight on equal footing (neither with any wounds, same age), then the Carcharodontosaurs may have had a size advantage! Spinosaurs are estimated to be between 41 feet and 59 wheras Carcharodontosaurs sit between 39 and 43 feet. If real Spinosaurs sat at the smaller end of the spectrum, than the idea of a Carcharodontosaur outliving a Spinosaurus isn't very impressive. I understand weight would be a more important factor, however there are huge ranges on the estimated weights for both predators. The Carchardontosaurus was good, but you give the Spinosaurus faaaar too much credit.

A friend of mine is an Engineering major and does a bunch of robotics-related things. I'm actively trying to get him to break into a museum with me so we can steal fossils and turn them into giant fucking robo-sauri.

Anyway, back on topic: Pterodactyl. It can fly man! I want a Pterodactyl specifically so I can get to places...like work and my old schools. I'll have it shit on those places because FUCK OFF I'M ON A FUCKING PTERADACTYLE!

I love raptors, not fussy about any particular kind. I just dig the super-agile, super-intelligent pack dynamic because it allowed them to be the bane of creatures much larger than themselves.

On the more herbivorous side, definitely Anklosaurus. It was covered in impenetrable armor from head to tail, and the tail itself was a fucking mace that could snap a T-Rex's shin bone in two. It just had that 'come at me bro' appeal to it.

Chairman Miaow:

because of this, I almost went with raptors, but then decided Triceratops will always win.

Haha that's cute.

I loved dinosaurs as a kid. I had tons of dinosaur toys, books, movies, ect.

OT: Can't really say I have a favorite. They're all kinda cool in their own way.

NightmareWarden:
Out of your list, I'd choose the Ankylosaurus, go figure. Screw claws, he has a mace! My all-time favorite has to be the Dimetrodon.

OT:

Pretty sure you're both wrong.

There are only two right answers.

image image

... I kinda miss Digimon now. Too bad there hasn't been a moderately decent game in the franchise released in a decade.

I'll go with Brachiosaurus, because not many dinosaurs can cast ultima.

Velociraptor

The sheer definition of badass dinosaur.

Terminate421:
Velociraptor

The definition of "badass dinosaur" is about the size of a small dog?

Well obviously Dinosaur Jr...<.<

I picked Pterodactyl because it's the closest... but fuck that, it's all about the god damned Pterodactylus...<.<

Though those pictures of the trex covered in feathers are actually pretty awesome...<.<

Aris Khandr:

Terminate421:
Velociraptor

The definition of "badass dinosaur" is about the size of a small dog?

Well probably closer to the size of a large turkey... but still...<.<

I hate to seem to follow the crowd, but my favorite has always been the Velociraptor.

Sure it's small, but it's awesome looking while feathered, is fast, and works in a team. How fucking cool is that?

Pachycephalosaurus, because a dinosaur that smashes into its enemies with its head is something I can get behind.

the coolest dinosaur in town.
with build in air-bloodflow conditioner.

Stegosaurus meaning "roofed lizard", because of the plates on its back (Greek stego = plate/roof + sauros = lizard) was a genus of large herbivorous dinosaurs from the Upper Jurassic of North America.

A large, heavily built, herbivorous quadruped, Stegosaurus had a distinctive and unusual posture, with a heavily rounded back, short forelimbs, head held low to the ground and a stiffened tail held high in the air. Its array of plates and spikes has been the subject of much speculation. The spikes were most likely used for defense, while the plates have also been proposed as a defensive mechanism, as well as having display and thermoregulatory functions. Stegosaurus had a relatively low brain-to-body mass ratio. It had a short neck and small head, meaning it most likely ate low-lying bushes and shrubs. It was the largest of all the stegosaurians (bigger than genera such as Kentrosaurus and Huayangosaurus) and, although roughly bus-sized, it nonetheless shared many anatomical features (including the tail spines and plates) with the other stegosaurian genera.

too cool for school..

also:

Triceratops because... well why not?

I think that Pterodactyles, and all pterosaurs, are not technically dinosaurs. I'll go see if I can find that episode of Dinosaur Train.

Speaking of which....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1O_pZClyrc

Deinonychus, because they have the claw.
And didn't Triceratops turn out to be not real?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked