8% (16)
Anklosaurus, come at me bro
12.9% (26)
12.9% (26)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Sacman:

Though those pictures of the trex covered in feathers are actually pretty awesome...<.<

damn how did that become this?
cocain is a hell of a drug..

also

Who are you calling chicken? T. rex's closest living relative found on the farm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/apr/13/uknews.taxonomy

The Jurassic Park scientist who plans to turn a chicken into T Rex
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/dinosaurs/8847499/The-Jurassic-Park-scientist-who-plans-to-turn-a-chicken-into-T-Rex.html
http://science.kqed.org/quest/2011/09/12/turning-chickens-into-dinosaurs/

DVS BSTrD:
Deinonychus, because they have the claw.
And didn't Triceratops turn out to be not real?

http://listverse.com/2011/02/22/top-10-dinosaurs-that-arent-what-they-were/

But Paleontologists at the Montana State University argue that the Triceratops and his kissing cousin, the Torosaurus, were actually the same dinosaur at different stages of growth.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20012471-501465.html

but turns out they were wrong:
Triceratops and Torosaurus dinosaurs 'two species, not one'
The skull of Torosaurus (below) has a longer holed frill compared to that of Triceratops (top)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17192624

I know its cliché, but yes, T. rex, and yes, because of Jurassic Park.

Even after 20 years, I cant get enough of this shit.:O

Commissar Sae:
Pachycephalosaurus, because a dinosaur that smashes into its enemies with its head is something I can get behind.

A relative of this fellah, (theres a whole family of bipedal headbashing dinosaurs), but with a sleaker longer head that, in my mind, made it look a bit like a duck. :P

Not as much as the actually duck faced dinosaurs, but it went a bit in that direction.

I have to go with Iguanodon. If for no other reason than because of sentimental value. The first research paper I ever did was in third grade and it was about Iguanodons.

Granted, it was only about 200 words and most of it was copied out of the encyclopedia, but it was still my first paper.

rhizhim:

Sacman:

Though those pictures of the trex covered in feathers are actually pretty awesome...<.<

damn how did that become this?
cocaine is a hell of a drug

A billion years of wierd fetishes?

oh yeah, and since I haven't said mine yet

Triceratops=best

See

rhizhim:

the coolest dinosaur in town.
with build in air-bloodflow conditioner.

I would seriously be the happiest person ever if someone made RAM with a stegosaurus heatsink for my computer, I won't even lie.

This is one of my favorite gifs.

Well I would say raptor, but Jurassic park got them wrong.
As a kid my favourite was always this chap.

With Baryonyx a close second.

Australias reputation/history of "australias nature's gonna rape ya good" goes on:

AUSTRALOVENATOR WINTONENSIS
imageimage

Australovenator was a medium-sized allosauroid.[3] According to Hocknull, it was 2 metres (6.6 ft) tall at the hip and 6 metres (20 ft) long, with a weight of about 500-1000 kg. Because it was a lightweight predator, he coined it as the "cheetah of its time". Like other carnosaurians, Australovenator would have been a bipedal carnivore.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australovenator

Aris Khandr:

rhizhim:

the coolest dinosaur in town.
with build in air-bloodflow conditioner.

I would seriously be the happiest person ever if someone made RAM with a stegosaurus heatsink for my computer, I won't even lie.

This is one of my favorite gifs.

you sir, deserve this:

was never a fan of dinos
maybe it's because i don't see the attraction of something that died 60 million years befire i existed that being said these are the only cool dinosaurs
http://www.kongregate.com/games/I_smell/robot-dinosaurs-that-shoot-beams-when-they-roar

Now I started thinking about dinosaurs again. Id actually have to revise my previous post.

These these are my fav dinosaurs. ;)

shrekfan246:
snip.

I see your Dino-like Digimon and raise you:

Fire and Blades just adds to it......

Terminate421:

shrekfan246:
snip.

I see your Dino-like Digimon and raise you:

Fire and Blades just adds to it......

Aw, damn, I did always like him...

Now I'm conflicted.

Well, I guess I'll have to go with the eternal backup answer.

Where is your option for Neovenator? HOW COULD YOU FORGET NEOVENATOR!?

:P

That is my honest answer, BTW.

That's a good list, some quality dinos up there. My favorite was always Tricerotops. It's that freaking weird skull, so cool looking. I always had him beat T-Rex by disemboweling it with those horns.

Prince Regent:

Commissar Sae:
Pachycephalosaurus, because a dinosaur that smashes into its enemies with its head is something I can get behind.

A relative of this fellah, (theres a whole family of bipedal headbashing dinosaurs), but with a sleaker longer head that, in my mind, made it look a bit like a duck. :P

Not as much as the actually duck faced dinosaurs, but it went a bit in that direction.

Actually, pachycephalosaurus didn't bash heads. Their heads didn't have bone on the outside, turns out they probably had a thin layer of scalp on top that would make smashing skulls together extremely harmful. It's too bad, they were much cooler when they were headbangers.

From the Wikipedia page:

Sacman:
snip

I picked Pterodactyl because it's the closest... but fuck that, it's all about the god damned Pterodactylus...<.<
snip

Me too, but for Quetzalcoatlus, I like my flying lizards BIG!

DVS BSTrD:

The controversy was that what we called triceratops were juvenile torosaurs. Torosaurus was classified two years after triceratops, so what would happen is that animals classified as torosaurus would be identified as triceratops; the earlier incarnation. It's the same reason apatosaurus is used even though brontosaurus was more popular - they were the same animal but apatosaurus was identified first (and brontosaurus had the wrong skull, but that doesn't matter).

DVS BSTrD:

The controversy was that what we called triceratops were juvenile torosaurs. Torosaurus was classified two years after triceratops, so what would happen is that animals classified as torosaurus would be identified as triceratops; the earlier incarnation. It's the same reason apatosaurus is used even though brontosaurus was more popular - they were the same animal but apatosaurus was identified first (and brontosaurus had the wrong skull, but that doesn't matter).

On topic: Theriznosaurus - herbivore with wolverine claws.

I was surprised Ankylosaurus was even in the poll. Second would have been Plesiosauria. I wasn't aware there were more than one kind.

Shdwrnr:

On topic: Theriznosaurus - herbivore with wolverine claws.

I had voted for Triceratops, but I think I've changed my mind :D

I always kinda dug the triceratops. Despite the fact that they were a species that could fuck up any predator of their time that tried to mack on them, they never quite got the badass rep that t-rex's and raptors got. Makes me sad.

Andy Shandy:

Sassafrass:

This is the only true answer.

I counter your Reptar with the actual true answer.

Barney the motherfucking dinosaur!

This dino does not give one singular fuck, and that is why he's the best! =D

Gentlemen please, you're both avoiding the facts. This is the best dinosaur:

My dinosaur can fly, breathe fire, and is the noble steed of mighty heroes. And he can ride a motorbike!

Am I allowed to say Sauroniops? Or Eye of Sauron? :D

Though, even if I am, I'm gonna go with Apatosaurus. Because of "A Land Before Time"

My favorite is the Tyrannosaurus rex. Not just any T. rex, though--it's Sue. I remember watching her come out of the rock...Then I saw her when they finally got her together at the Field Museum. Damn impressive animal. Strongest bite force of any known. I have a hypothesis regarding their hunting behavior that's one of the more unsettling things I've ever figured out about a fossil critter (and considering my education included a paper entitled "Parasitic Castration in Fossil Crabs", that's saying something!).

I know T. rex wasn't the biggest, meanest, or even scariest-looking, but Sue is the one I grew up with. I have a very personal connection with her. She'll always be my favorite.

My (current) second is Heterodontosaurids. Freaking dinosaurs with horse teeth. I'm not joking--I looked at the photos and thought they were photo-shopped, so I spent my lunch hour tracking down references on the things. They had teeth that functioned exactly like, and looked very similar to, horse teeth. This is as close to a chimera as I've seen in the real world.

I do have to point out that Pterodactyles are disqualified by virtue of not being dinosaurs. Plesiosauria is out as well, for the same reason. Both were Archeasaurs, but neither were dinosaurs.

Ima sit here. Wut?

A Smooth Criminal:
Because of "A Land Before Time"

I was totally expecting the treestars picture. Because I love that picture, even if it is a bit vulgar.

Okay, how is it that neither Amazon nor iTunes have the original The Land Before Time on their digital video store? Surely that is a crime, right?

I'm glad there's enough of "that guy" already in here that I don't need to bother.

Ankylosaurus and Utahraptor get my dinosaur votes.

Quetzalcoatlus gets my pterosaur vote.

Elasmosaurus and Plesiosaurus itself get my plesiosaur votes.

Archelon gets my awesome giant "turtlesaurus" vote.

T-rex, I mean come on, this is something that can bite a person in two with jaw strength alone. But really no dinosaur name can top Saurophaganax.

The lack of Brontosaurus disturbs me. It was in Jurassic park, it was counted as a dinosaur, it's still my favorite.

chozo_hybrid:
The lack of Brontosaurus disturbs me. It was in Jurassic park, it was counted as a dinosaur, it's still my favorite.

Brontosaurus is just an incorrect name for Apatosaurus because they thought they were two different creatures.
Still counts as a dinosaur. The name was just wrong.

Ieyke:

chozo_hybrid:

Brontosaurus is just an incorrect name for Apatosaurus because they thought they were two different creatures.
Still counts as a dinosaur. The name was just wrong.

I know, but I like the name...

Archaeopteryx is and will always be the most badass dinosaur. Its the closest thing we've ever had to dragons. It's a goddamn lizard with wings.
But out of those options I'd go with Velociraptors.

Pachycephalosaurus; a 1,000 pound walking battering ram. What's that mom? Eat my vegetables? *HEAD BUTT TO THE KIDNEY!*

Utahraptor

Its what the raptors in Jurassic park were modelled off, they changed it to Velociraptor because it sounded cooler. Hollywood can be pretty stupid sometimes.

Just look at that bad boy ain't it just screaming to be saddled up an ridden into the most epic sunset ever :P

I always liked the Tricera-something
as a kid.
Hated the names thou, why so difficult? :(

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked