63% (126)
3. Yes, but I'll be good.
14.5% (29)
14.5% (29)
4. NO! Wait--YES! I dunno...
8% (16)
8% (16)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: You can be Superman for 1 week--then you die.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

An angel/genie/devil appears and offers you the deal:

You can have all the powers of Superman (at his most ridiculous "crush a planet with a twitch of his pinkie" levels) for one entire week--but at the end of that week you will die.

This is in Real Life--so there aren't any other super people, nor is there any Kryptonite to take you down.

You'll be literally unstoppable, capable of doing practically anything EXCEPT extending your life.

Don't want humanity to have any nukes? Take them. Just take them all and toss them in the sun. At "ridicu-level" power that would take about a few hours.

Think that there are too many guns in the world? Take them or destroy them. ALL OF THEM. This would take you at least a day. Maybe two if you're REALLY thorough. You could destroy humanity's capacity to wage war with modern weapons for years by destroying ALL MILITARY weapons across the world: "I'm not asking you to disarm Mr. NRA representative--I AM disarming you."

Or maybe you want to break things. Go wild--no one and nothing can stop you. You could literally EXTERMINATE all life on earth. Or be picky and kill all the red heads or people with one blue eye and one green eye.

Personally I'm not the least bit afraid of death and, upon reflection, YES, I would take the deal...and get rid of most of the weapons across the planet--especially in the middle east. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Take the deal...you know you want to...absolute power for a week...

Then you die.

Tempting. It is very tempting.

Knowing I could change the course of human history--one way or the other--is very tempting. Absolute power...my skin tingles at the thought.

Yeah. I think that I might actually go for it--but only after I have time to think and plan what I want to do within such a limited time frame. Just finding the nukes you're talking about would take precious time and I would want to start off knowing exactly where everything is.

Maybe I'd fly to several nearby star systems. I think Superman had that ability at one point. If I could I think that I would visit every star system close to earth and find out if they have life there. At 'ridicu-level' power I could probably visit and search one star system every minute.

Wow!

Not doing it, I've got too much to live for. Would probably die much, much later wondering what it would have been like though...

No thanks, I love my life far too much.

Ask me again when I only have a week to live.

So, after the week is over, I have to "close the loop"?

Seriously, I would take it, not to have fun on my own, but to solve pretty much all of the world's problems. Stop every single war and crisis and then bite it knowing you directly made the world an oasis? Sure, I'll take it.

in 1 week i could prolly do alot of good in the world
it would be hard to think you don't properly utilize every second but if you were given the chance to save 10 orphans from a burning building in exchange for your own life i would hope most ppl would take it

You have no concept of what "all the powers of Superman (at his most ridiculous" means.
Superman, at his most ridicuous is almost literally a Yahweh-level god, with the one difference of not actually being omnipresent.

He literally IS omniscient and omnipotent. You could disarm Earth and every other planet in the universe instantly.

You could also make a new body for yourself and transfer your mind to it so that when your current form dies you're just reborn.

Obviously I'd take the deal.
Dunno what I'd do with it, but being god and then dying while simultaneously being reborn...There's no real downside.

Also, it doesn't matter if you die in a week. Superman's powers would just resurrect you.

EDIT: Oh. Nevermind. He IS a god. He's Omnipresent too:

Superman Prime is the second most powerful being that has ever existed in the DC multiverse only surpassed by The Presence. He has acquired countless powers and abilities from his travels and lineage that allow him to do almost anything he wishes, which range from teleportation to the manipulation of magic and warping reality. He can manipulate time, space, matter, and bend reality on almost any scale he wishes.
Immunity- Superman Prime is imune to magic, kryptonite, lightning, mental manipulation, ect.

Creation - Superman Prime is able to create lifeforms out of nothing.

Resurrection - Superman Prime can resurrect the dead and himself.

Omniscience - Superman Prime has possibly learned everything in his time in the sun.

Omnipotence - Superman prime has near limitless abilties as far as we can see.

Omnipresent - Superman Prime can be any where at any time.

All Kryptonian powers under a Yellow Sun. All of his Kryptonian powers are enhanced.

Godlike Super strength - His strength is limitless, he is capable of lifting his own multi-verse.

Godlike Super speed - His speed is incomprehensible to even the abstract beings.

Godlike Super Senses

Godlike Xray vision - He can see through any solid object, with no exceptions.

Godlike Heat vision - A million times hotter than the center of the sun.

Godlike Super Stamina/Endurance - Capable of surviving the end of the Multiverse.

Godlike Invulnerability - Capable of surviving the end of the Multiverse.

Godlike Super Hearing - Cosmic Awareness.

Immortality - Superman Prime, will live until the end of Reality.

No. With my luck they would discover an elixir that grants you superpowers on day 8.

Copper Zen:

You can have all the powers of Superman...

All of his powers... except for extreme longevity. Thus creating a paradox. So the angel is Lucifer. And in granting this wish, the world has been doomed. All that you have done is for naught. There's always a catch. Always.

Ieyke:
You have no concept of what "all the powers of Superman (at his most ridiculous" means.
Superman, at his most ridicuous is almost literally a Yahweh-level god, with the one difference of not actually being omnipresent.

You're right. I didn't have a CLUE that he'd been taken up the Power Ladder THAT far! Geez...

However...zeh Rules be zeh Rules...one week and you're dead. No resurrections.

I would do as much as I could in the first five days and then on the six I would rest in the sun and the same on the seven I would die sure but I would come back soon enough

Can you fly round the world so fast that you can reset the week an infinite number of times until you're bored of it? I don't know if I could be bothered with it honestly. Though you could do each week differently, kinda like groundhog day until you hit the perfect week.

Ahh the Classic case of Dr. Faustus. Not thanks. I just bought a ton of games from the sale and I don't think I can play them all in one week

No. For the same reason that I wouldn't take a drug that would give me an amazing high but also kill me. That's one real bad trip in the making.

Would I also have his intelligence. I mean Superman traveled the world for YEARS learning different languages, cultures, sciences. ECT. That's why he's able to go into almost any situation and know the proper way to deal with it. He trained himself to be able to do it, and even then he's not always right.

Say I destroy all weapons, well after the week goes up the people with the knowledge to build them can now do so unimpeeded and whoever builds them faster now has a huge advantage over everyone else.

That's why Superman doesn't do that stuff. Superman's there to give people an example, a light to follow. He's there to guide humanity to a better way by example Not to force us down a path. And that would take far more than a week to do.
You can do more good with a lifetime as a Human, than one week as Superman.

Copper Zen:

Ieyke:

You're right. I didn't have a CLUE that he'd been taken up the Power Ladder THAT far! Geez...

He really hasn't That's him in a future timeline. around the year 1million. Since the whole thing about Superman's powers is that they have no upper limit. Like Hulk, Gladiotor and a few others. Given enough time or the right set of circumstances all of them could get around that powerful

Nope, nope nope nope nope. I would do almost anything to extend my life however. I would do almost anything for immortality until I decide to die. Death is basically something I want to avoid for as long as possible. I figure even living as a slug or something is better than not living at all.

Ieyke:

He literally IS omniscient and omnipotent. You could disarm Earth and every other planet in the universe instantly.

You could also make a new body for yourself and transfer your mind to it so that when your current form dies you're just reborn.

Dunno what I'd do with it, but being god and then dying while simultaneously being reborn...There's no real downside.

Also, it doesn't matter if you die in a week. Superman's powers would just resurrect you.

Superman Prime is the second most powerful being that has ever existed in the DC multiverse only surpassed by The Presence. He has acquired countless powers and abilities from his travels and lineage that allow him to do almost anything he wishes, which range from teleportation to the manipulation of magic and warping reality. He can manipulate time, space, matter, and bend reality on almost any scale he wishes.
Immunity- Superman Prime is imune to magic, kryptonite, lightning, mental manipulation, ect.

Omniscience - Superman Prime has possibly learned everything in his time in the sun.

All Kryptonian powers under a Yellow Sun. All of his Kryptonian powers are enhanced.

Godlike Super strength - His strength is limitless, he is capable of lifting his own multi-verse.

Godlike Super speed - His speed is incomprehensible to even the abstract beings.

Godlike Super Senses

Godlike Super Stamina/Endurance - Capable of surviving the end of the Multiverse.

Source? Because if that list is truly legit, that's fricking ridiculous and the exact reason why Superman sucks.

Hell yeah I would take it. Why? Because Superman can fly at like, what, 10 times the speed of light? So I could do basically anything and everything I have ever wanted and what is even possible to do in only a few hours. My most notable deed would probably be a genocide of about 5 billion people. Just reduce the amount of people on the planet without setting back humanity's technological progress, and you have a whole lot of problems solved.

I would take the deal, lots of fun evil stuffs I could do with that kind of power in one week.

I might balance it a bit with a few really good things.

Agent Cross:
No. With my luck they would discover an elixir that grants you superpowers on day 8.

Copper Zen:

All of his powers... except for extreme longevity. Thus creating a paradox. So the angel is Lucifer. And in granting this wish, the world has been doomed. All that you have done is for naught. There's always a catch. Always.

You've been watching Keanu Reeves in Constantine haven't you?

You're reading just a little too much into this. The only catch is that you die.

Yes, I would do it. I would unite the nations and feed the hungry. It would all fall apart after I died, but maybe if I set a solid enough framework it would hold for a while. Wouldn't it be hilarious to take all the world leaders and plonk them in a room with about 200 translators? Maybe with a full bar. Tell them they can't come out until they've apologized and made up.

Sure. Destroy the sun, take 6 days-23 hours long nap, wake up, experience some buyer's remorse and die.

I know this sounds like a joke, but can superman orgasm multiple times without needing a break?

Nope.

You know what makes me happy? Friends, hobbies, and pursuing a rewarding career. None of those things could happen if I spent five days being a monster.

Besides, I wouldn't trust myself with that much power. It's not up to any one individual to decide how humans live, but up to humans to gradually change and improve their own lives and the lives of the next generation. Taking all the guns in the world would work for all of five days and nothing would change. We don't need action as much as we do education and cultural shift to make changes in our society.

Copper Zen:

Agent Cross:

Copper Zen:

You've been watching Keanu Reeves in Constantine haven't you?

You're reading just a little too much into this. The only catch is that you die.

Seems more like the Injustice League is going after the citizens now. It's a devious plot, but I'm onto you.

*backs out of thread slowly*

Copper Zen:

You can have all the powers of Superman (at his most ridiculous "crush a planet with a twitch of his pinkie" levels) for one entire week--but at the end of that week you will die.

This is in Real Life--so there aren't any other super people, nor is there any Kryptonite to take you down.

You'll be literally unstoppable, capable of doing practically anything EXCEPT extending your life.

Don't want humanity to have any nukes? Take them. Just take them all and toss them in the sun. At "ridicu-level" power that would take about a few hours.

Think that there are too many guns in the world? Take them or destroy them. ALL OF THEM. This would take you at least a day. Maybe two if you're REALLY thorough. You could destroy humanity's capacity to wage war with modern weapons for years by destroying ALL MILITARY weapons across the world: "I'm not asking you to disarm Mr. NRA representative--I AM disarming you."

Or maybe you want to break things. Go wild--no one and nothing can stop you. You could literally EXTERMINATE all life on earth. Or be picky and kill all the red heads or people with one blue eye and one green eye.

Personally I'm not the least bit afraid of death and, upon reflection, YES, I would take the deal...and get rid of most of the weapons across the planet--especially in the middle east. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Then you die.

i beg your pardon? i dont exist! HUMBUG!
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/about-us/news/2007/april/news_11392.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6584229.stm

--------------------------------
if you really wanted to "make the world a better place", you'd most likely will become famous as the most evil person that ever existed since guns are just a tool and no more and you would most likely have to either plunge the world ack to the middle ages or commit genocide.

btw, you bastard! evil maniac!
why would you even think of killing people with Heterochromia.

heterochromia is sexy....

Ieyke:

Godlike Super Senses

Even if he had learned almost everything, he would not be omniscient, for there might still be things he could learn. Also the world is constantly changing, and unless he knew of every single change as it happened, he would not be omniscient.

Nor is he omnipresent with the ability to "be anywhere at any time." Omnipresence is being EVERYWHER at EVERY time. Simultaneously.

Everything else though...he's pretty much OP in every way.

Best Superhero! O_O

AC10:
I know this sounds like a joke, but can superman orgasm multiple times without needing a break?

Of coures! It's just a shame that it becomes Necrophilia after the first one!

I got two words for this offer, and any offer like it. Fuck. That.

Copper Zen:

Then you die.

btw superman at one time made a serum that would grant louis lane all of his powers for one day.

so if i take it, i would become insanely intelligent and just bypass the rule by dying and having a resurrection gel on me or just twisting things so i dont even have to die at all.

Sounds a lot like the plot to All-Star Superman...I have no idea what I'd do.

AC10:

You'd be pretty ripped off if he couldn't.

I would, and here's why

TopazFusion:
*grabs you so you can listen*

Legacy.

Not sure what I'd do exactly but when my week is up the world would be a INFINITELY better place when I leave then when I came in.

My life would be shorter, sure, a minor issue at best since I'm not doing anything worth while now.

So as I see it the question is 'would like take a short life that would likely leave you remembered for generations to come, or a long life where your forgotten in less then a decade'

rhizhim:

if you really wanted to "make the world a better place", you'd most likely will become famous as the most evil person that ever existed since guns are just a tool and no more and you would most likely have to either plunge the world ack to the middle ages or commit genocide.

"The most evil person that ever existed" may be a bit over the top.

I truly agree that firearms are simply tools. Maybe we should follow Chris Rock's idea and make guns cheap and completely available to everyone--but make every single round of ammunition cost $5000.00 apiece! O.O

rhizhim:
btw, you bastard! evil maniac!
why would you even think of killing people with Heterochromia.

heterochromia is sexy....

Peace! Peace! Peace!

I just threw that out as a suggestion about how somebody who wanted to use Superman's powers for evil might be selective just for the hell of it!

I agree that heterochromia can be sexy!

For the men:

And for the women:

And for all the cat lovers out there:

rhizhim:

btw superman at one time made a serum that would grant louis lane all of his powers for one day.

so if i take it, i would become insanely intelligent and just bypass the rule by dying and having a resurrection gel on me or just twisting things so i dont even have to die at all.

Sorry. We're talking magic--and Superman's one true vulnerability (aside from Kryptonite) is magic. ^_^

Copper Zen:

No cheat-sies people. You're going into this either to abuse The Power or to strive to use it for good.

Lunar Templar:
I would, and here's why

TopazFusion:
*grabs you so you can listen*

Legacy.

Not sure what I'd do exactly but when my week is up the world would be a INFINITELY better place when I leave then when I came in.

My life would be shorter, sure, a minor issue at best since I'm not doing anything worth while now.

So as I see it the question is 'would like take a short life that would likely leave you remembered for generations to come, or a long life where your forgotten in less then a decade'

This is how I look at it. I'm not surprised that so many are saying 'heck no', but if you presented them with a scenario where they'd face sacrificing their lives in order to rescue a baby FAR MORE of them--I suspect--would go for it.

But that's a far more 'down to earth' scenario that folks can grasp. Being Superman is...probably too big for them to grasp.

hell yeah i'd do it. but i wouldn't bother hangin' around this hopeless rock. i'd spend the week exploring the cosmos i'd never get to see while i'm stuck here.

Being offered Superman's powers would be proof that the universe just stopped making sense.

So fuck it, I'll just go zooming around the cosmos at some ridiculous factor of the speed of light. Since time is relative, it passes slower the faster you go, making the one week last forever as long as I don't stop.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked