Favorite unkown actors

Who's your favorite unknown actor or actors?

I'd have to say, Evan Peters (Tate in season 1 of American Horror Story and Kit in season 2).

His performance on this show is astounding. I hope he has a good long career.

Brie Larson. Y'know, Envy in Scott Pilgrim, whatever her name was in United States of Tara, the romantic interest for Jonah Hill's character in 21 Jump Street? Yeah, her. I like her. She should get more work.

Um...

The problem here is that I'm lousy with names to begin with. Half the actors/actresses/bands I like I don't have a clue as to what their names are. So naturally I'm worse off trying to identify lesser known folks.

There was one lady who played an assistant to Senator Organa in the prequels. I liked her but only because she was hot--no speaking lines.

I don't know how unkown they are anymore and still think on this site a few people will know them
But Nick Frost and Simon Pegg, the main characters in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz
Two very talented British actors

Pretty much the entire cast of Band of Brothers. They're almost all fantastic actors, particularly Damian Lewis and it's great to see him get his own show. I'd also like to mention a few people from Boardwalk Empire such as Jack Huston, Richard 'BMF' Harrow, Stephen Graham, Al Capone, and Paul Sparks, Mickey Doyle.

Nouw:
Pretty much the entire cast of Band of Brothers. They're almost all fantastic actors, particularly Damian Lewis and it's great to see him get his own show. I'd also like to mention a few people from Boardwalk Empire such as Jack Huston, Richard 'BMF' Harrow, Stephen Graham, Al Capone, and Paul Sparks, Mickey Doyle.

Love how much of the American TV industry is now filled with English actors... -_-

OT: I'd say, Birgitte Hjort Sorensen... but only because she's hot... _

Seriously, though... Vincent Regan, probably... played 'the King' opposite James MacAvoy's 'MacBeth' in the modern adaptation, a gay homicide detective/murder victim in Messiah 2... and a couple other things here and there. He's like Michael Fassbender, only entirely Irish, older and chunkier... _ ...!

Well, four years ago I would've said Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Let's see... Johnny C. McGinley. I'm sure some people know him because he was Dr. Perry Cox on Scrubs, but I challenge anybody to remember anything else they've seen with him in it.

Colleen Clinkenbeard... Yeah, she's a voice actress, I don't care! She talented and (relatively) sexy, she should be in fucking everything! Or at least voice more stuff that isn't anime... In fact, there are a bunch of voice actorers who I'm just not sure if they are popular or not. Is Bria Palencia well known to anime dudes?

In fact Matthew Porretta and Micheal Mando need more recogniton. Maybe not Mando so much but defo Porretta. I love that guy. A cookie for the first one to tell me who he plays without googling him.

shrekfan246:

Let's see... Johnny C. McGinley. I'm sure some people know him because he was Dr. Perry Cox on Scrubs, but I challenge anybody to remember anything else they've seen with him in it.

Office Space?

Neal McDonough. Buck from Band of Brothers, Dum Dum Dugan in Captain America, Tin Man. Dude gets around.

shrekfan246:

but I challenge anybody to remember anything else they've seen with him in it.

He was definitely in Platoon. Also one of my favorite actors too...

I'd have to say Claudia Black, she does a lot of voice acting but was in Pitch black and Farscape.

shrekfan246:

challenge accepted
movie: seven

movie: animal with rob schneider.

and of course these:

OFFICE SPACE
POINT BREAK
PLATOON
THE ROCK
Highlander II
Wallstreet
Surviving the Game
Get Carter

he always plays a cop douchebag.

Soviet Heavy:
Neal McDonough. Buck from Band of Brothers, Dum Dum Dugan in Captain America, Tin Man. Dude gets around.

he always either plays a psycho or someone close to a total meltdown.

and Ticking Clock was weird.

Guffe:
I don't know how unkown they are anymore and still think on this site a few people will know them
But Nick Frost and Simon Pegg, the main characters in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz
Two very talented British actors

nick was in the god awful "attack the block"

and pegg was in Mission: Impossible - Phantom Protokoll. also kind of bad

Lt._nefarious:

Office Space?

Jark212:

He was definitely in Platoon. Also one of my favorite actors too...

I'd have to say Claudia Black, she does a lot of voice acting but was in Pitch black and Farscape.

:D

I'm moderately happier now.

For another one that's not-quite-unknown, I'm going to go with Kyle Chandler.

EDIT: Ooh, or Fisher Stevens.

Let's see, so many. How many can I up with on the spot?

-Brad Dourif. You may know him as Grima Wormtongue, but I doubt you know his name. He's always a massive creep.
-Neal McDonough has been mentioned before, he's never given much credit.
-Another guy from Band of Brothers is Donnie Wahlberg. He's better than his brother Mark, but is so far relatively unknown.
-Andreas Katsulas. G'kar from Babylon 5, which some people here might know, and the one-armed man in The Fugitive. An incredible actor who no one seems to remember.
-Terry O'Quinn may be better known now thanks to Lost, but he used to be a relative unknown with a disproportionate amount of talent. I liked him before it was cool.
-Claudia Black was also mentioned before and is also great, at least in voice acting. In fact, I could name a dozen voice actors here who by the nature of their profession never get appropriate attention. But this being a gaming site, I'm sure you all have a few of them in mind.
-Leland Orser is another great creepy character actor, but probably less well known than Mr. Dourif.

shrekfan246:

Platoon by Oliver Stone. He's Tom Berenger's right hand man & he cries before he has to go back into battle. What do I win? :)

Edit: Sorry, looks like a bunch of others beat me to it.

Edit again:

TheVampwizimp:

-Brad Dourif. You may know him as Grima Wormtongue, but I doubt you know his name. He's always a massive creep.
-Leland Orser is another great creepy character actor, but probably less well known than Mr. Dourif.

I love those two also. I tracked down copies of Wise Blood & Heaven's Gate just because of my Brad Dourif obsession. Even though those movies are less than great.

Tony Jaa doesn't get nearly enough work in the martial arts scene, and yes he is fairly unknown, just walk up to the average person and ask people if they know him, 9 times out of 10 they will say no...though that can be contributed that he is more of a foreign film actor and hasn't been heavily exposed to western audiences.

TheVampwizimp:

I have no-one to add to the thread myself, unfortunately, but I second this answer. The only other thing I know Brad Dourif from is that he played the main antagonist in Myst III: Exile, being filmed on greenscreen for the role in that game as Saavedro. Otherwise, yeah, just Wormtongue. Seriously, he may have been a Man of Rohan, but surely Theoden should have known better than to trust a guy who was given the name Wormtongue at some point in his life?

shrekfan246:

Everything already mentioned above, also he was one of the characters in the motel in Identity. A very awesome psycholofical thriller that I would recommend everyone see. Now. Go watch it right this minute. It's awesome.

Trivun:

TheVampwizimp:

I have no-one to add to the thread myself, unfortunately, but I second this answer. The only other thing I know Brad Dourif from is that he played the main antagonist in Myst III: Exile, being filmed on greenscreen for the role in that game as Saavedro. Otherwise, yeah, just Wormtongue. Seriously, he may have been a Man of Rohan, but surely Theoden should have known better than to trust a guy who was given the name Wormtongue at some point in his life?

Yeah, Myst III was the first time I ever saw him. Saavedro's a pretty good villian too, and they got the right man for the part. When he appeared The Two Towers, I was all "It's Saavedro! Look out, he's a bad guy!"

He's also been in, as grayscarf mentioned above, Wise Blood and Heaven's Gate. He was Piter DeVries in the original 1984 Dune film. He had a guest role on Babylon 5 as a mild-mannered monk who is actually a mind-wiped serial killer. He was the nutty professor, uh, I mean, crazy scientist guy from Alien Resurrection. I'd say most people have seen his face in something, but he's still managed to stay well below the radar. I usually make a point to learn more about the small character actors I like, which is why I know him so well.

Why this guy here:

Don't recognise him? How about now?

Fun fact, when casting Graverobber the director Darren Bousman said, "Terrance Zdunich, or no Graverobber at all." So he got the role.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked