Your opinion or thought on Love?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Do you believe in love?

Whether or not you can describe it, I am curious to know what everyone who answers opinion or thought on love is. What is love to you? What ISN'T love to you?

Get technical, stay simple. Be detailed, or answer vaguely. Give me your honest feelings on this one word, and what it means to you.

I believe in love, I experienced it, it was nice, but it is nasty when the love is not there anymore. Also it left me searching to find it again in this world. So far, no luck. But I know it is out there somewhere.

For me, love is about wanting to hold them, to be a part of them... I met someone who I felt like that about last year, eventually we had to part but there is hope I may see them again this year... perhaps.

N3squ1ck:
I believe in love, I experienced it, it was nice, but it is nasty when the love is not there anymore. Also it left me searching to find it again in this world. So far, no luck. But I know it is out there somewhere.

It left me terrified to look again, I am glad you are still looking, I hope I can get to that point that I can fall in love again.

I believe in love. Love is a biochemical state of mind which causes certain physical, social and mental responses that we generally associate with affection of different forms.
I believe in it because I can A: Apply the scientific-method to have it tested. I can cut people open and study their neurological patterns and biochemical interchange (well not me per se, but others with the technical know-how), B: Study the social interactions between humans that are in love, and C; I have experienced it myself.

Do I believe in love?

I'm not sure whether that answers your question or not, to be honest. But I hope it does.

I believe in love as I was born because of it. My parents are still together after 26 years of marriage. :)

I myself experienced real love four time, maybe not strong enough to accomplish a long lasting relationship but love nonetheless.
As for describing love, I think it's easier to say what love isn't. I personally think loving someone is when you really care for someone. I guess it's also true for friendship, but it's even more true for love.
Her, I guess the best way to know what love is, is to personally experience it.

I really hope OP you didn't asked because you feel lonely / not cared for. I know how it feel but believe me, life is always there to smile you back when you embrace it. Never give up, love is wonderful, it's something everybody should feel once in their life and you deserve it too!

Good luck everyone ;)

shrekfan246:
Do I believe in love?

I'm not sure whether that answers your question or not, to be honest. But I hope it does.

Thank you for that, it answers my question far more than I would have hoped. Beautiful.

Love, to me, is this really fucking terrifying thing. It's like the deadliest fucking emotion you can feel. If you love someone, and they fuck you over? That can mess you up.

At the same time, despite knowing this, you willingly open yourself to another person while ignoring all reason and abandoning sense.

Maybe I'm to pessimistic. I'm pretty sure my current girlfriend won't fuck me over.

It is a thing. If it wasn't a thing, it wouldn't be unnecessarily inserted into movies where it doesn't belong.

What? you said I could be really vague! That's all I've got. =D

shrekfan246:
Do I believe in love?

I... I...

Sorry, I'm keeping a long distance relationship going and that resonates with me perfectly.

I think I need to lie down and reflect on my life philosophically.

Thanks. That story made me feel better for a lot of reasons.

OT- Love? Love is what happens when you're ready to stake the world over a single person. I hope that this answers your question, OP; I can't really give a straight answer.

Of course I believe in it, those little sugar hearts tell me it exists. I kid, I kid, I've never actually live seen one single little sugar heart with a borderline insane slogan on it. On the other hand I've never seen jelly babies either and I know they exist because the Doctor eats them and everyone trusts the Doctor.
So yes, if you ask like that I believe in jelly babies.

What do you mean that wasn't the question?

Alright, I also believe in hormone induced biochemical responses and psychological reactions to a societal norm.
Now about those jelly babies promised for my answer...

Love is bonds. Bonds have purpose. This makes enough sense to me, it's there...

I believe in the feelings that we have given the label "love". I mean... it's a pretty massive shared delusion if it's not real. I just don't believe in any magical or Hollywood version of things.

Love is terrible and wonderful all at once. It is an emotion that leaves you as a raw nerve, exposed.
My views on love have changed over the years, I've felt "love conquers all" to "love is an imagination between two fools"

After the treatment that I have received from previous partners, from people who claimed to love me, I feel that now, part of me hopes that love doesn't exit, because if it does, then I do not seem to be worthy of it.

Rose and Thorn:
Do you believe in love?

Damn it. This question got this stuck in my head, and now I have to inflict it on everyone else (partly because I am OLD):

I definitely believe in a thing called love:

But ya, love is awesome and comes in all shapes and forms: love for your family, friends, and partner. Love, I think is the strongest bond that can exist between two people.

Buzz Killington:

Rose and Thorn:
Do you believe in love?

Damn it. This question got this stuck in my head, and now I have to inflict it on everyone else (partly because I am OLD):

No wonder it got stuck in your head with that much power.

We feel it, and believe it to be something that it isn't.
Or rather, we use wishful thinking and imagination to mask it.

I sat down and really thought about it one day.
"Love" is our evaluation of how somebody can best benefit us. Can they make our day better? Do they have traits that I find desirable? Can they be useful in providing security? I suppose then, it's a given that how useful a person is can change with time and somebody more capable can walk along.

It's a scary thing, really.
Something that feels warm and deep, but is cold and shallow in actuality.
A current of electricity that sends chemical messengers to stimulate a primitive part of the mind.
I try not to think about what exactly it is often.

How can anyone not believe in love? Love, like I'm sure many have said, is a biochemical reaction involving the release of serotonin, dopamine and other chemicals, similar to the effect of taking amphetamines. This creates a dependency just like with any other drug. It's my uderstanding that people feel miserable after they break up because they are literally going through withdrawal. Also, some people say that love feels both wonderful and terrible because oxytocin, which is linked to social recognition, pair bonding, sexual relations and maternal behaviours (earning it the name the "love hormone") also increases feelings of anxiety, jealousy and, for some retarded reason, heightened pleasure in other people's misfortune.

So to me asking "Do you believe in love" is like asking "Do you believe in drug addiction".

manic_depressive13:

So to me asking "Do you believe in love" is like asking "Do you believe in drug addiction".

so the moral of the story is...can't get a partner? DO AMPHETAMINES!

Vault101:

manic_depressive13:

so the moral of the story is...can't get a partner? DO AMPHETAMINES!

You could look at it that way. Alternatively you could ask yourself if you really want to get addicted (whether to amphetamines or to another person) and find yourself making the stupid decisions a drug-addled brain is prone to making.

Rose and Thorn:
Do you believe in love?

Whether or not you can describe it, I am curious to know what everyone who answers opinion or thought on love is. What is love to you? What ISN'T love to you?

Get technical, stay simple. Be detailed, or answer vaguely. Give me your honest feelings on this one word, and what it means to you.

Have you ever heard the myth of poros and penia? Well they are the personification of the ideas of Resource and Poverty. Their child was Eros (Love). He has traits of both of them. Love is full of "plenty" but always leaves you with a desire for more. A desire to be with the person/thing you love, which fills you with joy/happiness, even when you're with Them/it. As if your full and empty at the same time.

Thats what love feels like. Does that feeling exist? Yes! Is it important or meaningful *shrugs*

I'd say yes, but I'd be speculating XD

What love isn't, is friendship with sex. Its different. I don't why or how, but it is.

manic_depressive13:

You could look at it that way. Alternatively you could ask yourself if you really want to get addicted (whether to amphetamines or to another person) and find yourself making the stupid decisions a drug-addled brain is prone to making.

you dont need to take amphetamines out to dinner...

Vault101:
you dont need to take amphetamines out to dinner...

But you can't make amphetamines pay for dinner either.

shrekfan246:
Do I believe in love?

Thank you for this I'm in a long distance relationship and am leaving tomorrow this really cheered me up.

OT: Love to me is complete trust in someone. They can understand you to the core every facial expression or change of voice can be noted. It's not something that is just attained its something that you have to fight for. It's never going to come from where you expect it but it will always be worth it. Maybe I'm just an optimist and maybe I'm just telling myself this to keep my own sanity but its what I believe and what I think is worth fighting for despite having to deal with plenty of crap from others.

I believe in it, but have yet to experience it myself in a romantic way. From my experience everyone has a different definition for love (ex: support; dependance; yearning). My definition would probably be along the lines of someone you can take through life and enjoy it, like along a long road, even if that image is vague.

The only definition of love I'd dismiss is the old story of "love at first sight." It's just lust, unless you exhibit psychic powers and already know about them.

manic_depressive13:

But you can't make amphetamines pay for dinner either.

we shouldn't be doing that...its the 21st century XD

Its real...but it doesn't last.

Vault101:
we shouldn't be doing that...its the 21st century XD

Actually I always pay for my boyfriend since the poor thing's broke. That's progressiveness! It would probably be cheaper for me to take up amphetamines but hey, here's the terrible decision making I was talking about :P

I'll admit I'm the last person on earth who should be talking on the subject, but from what I can tell there's physical attraction and then there's friendship and 'love' is what happens when we blur the 2 together in our heads.

For more information go watch any of the five hundred trillion crappy movies that have been made about it.

I partially believe that I live in a Matrix world in which anyone but me can experience true love. I may know the keys, but the door runs away from me.

To me, love is the closest thing to magic we have in this world. Everyone is trying to to find it, use it, sell it etc but to be honest I think its best to just sit back and allow yourself to stumble upon it, I'm still eagerly awaiting the day where I stumble upon it.

Love is dead in this day in age with higher expectations of ones partner and lower tolerance to settle for less. It has become nothing more then a financial or social-political bonus. Perhaps I am just jaded from personnel experience but everyone (myself included) goes into relationships assuming their partner is exactly the way they wan them then the little things start poking at your smile; and before you know it your happier to go to work then be at home.

I think love is the creator and destroyer of worlds. Beauty and horror entwined in a terrible glory that few find in its truest form.

A power beyond full comprehension, a life within life.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked