Your Favorite "Hidden Gem" of a Quote

Everyone's got some great quotes they live by or love to recite. Some of these are famous or widely known: for just one example, Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." But there are also so many great quotes to be found in weird and obscure corners. For instance, the following line is hidden within the Introduction to P. J. O'Rourke's Driving Like Crazy:

"Nothing requires less information, education, or accomplishment than saying that everything's wrong."

We would all do well to remember this in our day-to-day lives. For another example, I heard this on the radio a while back. I don't remember the show or the guest who said it, but it's fantastic:

"Stupid has a gravitational pull."

So, Escapists! What are your favorite quotes that you've found buried in obscure texts, forgotten TV shows, quirky radio interviews, or even your day-to-day conversations? They can be funny, they can teach an important lesson, anything. The only rule is that they can't be well-known, whether the source is obscure or the quote has been overlooked in favor or something else in the same work.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked