4.2% (7)
4.2% (7)
I don't care, I'm not sticking my hand in there
9.1% (15)
9.1% (15)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Money in the toilet

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I have absolutely no clue why I thought about this so just roll with it.

Let's say one day that you are going into a public bathroom. Before you...start your business, you notice that there is a sum of money sitting in the toilet. The toilet itself is fairly clean (it is a public bathroom but at least there are no...uh, floaters in there).

How much money would it take for you to stick your hand into the toilet and pull it out? The money is sitting toward the bottom so you're sinking your hand in that water. Also, due to...magic?...sure. Due to magic, you are not allowed to use any objects or tools to pull out the money.

For fun too, how much would it take if there were...other objects in the toilet as well?

Note: I'm using American money so assume it is the equivalent amount in your currency if you are answering the poll.

$250 at least. Especially on a public restroom.

In my home 10$, because I clean it and I know it's usually in a good state, in public restroom, well stick all you want in there, I'm not touching it, ewww.

A toilet without poop is just water, relax people, no floaters? I'll go for 5 and wash my hands afterwards!

TizzytheTormentor:
A toilet without poop is just water, relax people, no floaters? I'll go for 5 and wash my hands afterwards!

That's exactly what I thought when I set up the poll (I had it in coins with $20 being the highest and upped it to what it currently is at after seeing initial results). I suppose it's got run-off icky stuff on it but I can wash my hands and clean the money...

Any amount of money will do. What? The OP did state it's a public toliet therefore it must have a sink with working water and any form of a soap/ cleaning form well that what the public bathrooms I've seen. In fact I will test if it's working first before I put my hand in it.

Probably a few hundred, and probably significantly more if it was a public toilet. Also this would depend on whether the money has completely disintegrated or not.

Your favourite pet and an unknown stranger are both drowning in a toilet, and you can only save one - which one do you choose?

tippy2k2:
I have absolutely no clue why I thought about this so just roll with it.

Let's say one day that you are going into a public bathroom. Before you...start your business, you notice that there is a sum of money sitting in the toilet. The toilet itself is fairly clean (it is a public bathroom but at least there are no...uh, floaters in there).

How much money would it take for you to stick your hand into the toilet and pull it out? The money is sitting toward the bottom so you're sinking your hand in that water. Also, due to...magic?...sure. Due to magic, you are not allowed to use any objects or tools to pull out the money.

For fun too, how much would it take if there were...other objects in the toilet as well?

Note: I'm using American money so assume it is the equivalent amount in your currency if you are answering the poll.

Let's be honest here, you just found a twenty in a toilet didn't you XD

OT: 5 dollars sounds right. I an always just wash my hands and the money. Though with my luck I'll probably end up getting aids and herpes then randomly getting hit by a car if I try it :/

It would have to be at least a dollar. I don't have a strong aversion to sticking my hand in the toilet, but it really would be more effort than it's worth to try to dig coins out of there. Unless there were a lot of coins.

Yeah I'd do it for $5. That's what, like 3.50?
Hey I'm a student, that'd buy me a pint and a pack of crisps. Sweet.
End of the day though, there are a lot of things I'd happily do for money...so hmm.

Isn't money supposed to be dirtier than water? I just take whatever sum is in there.

Yeah, I'd go for it.
I had to stick my hand in my own personal toilet to retrieve my glasses once, and it wasn't too bad. I'm guessing a fairly clean public restroom would be no worse.

Provided there's no shit in there...

Actually, based on the options, USD20 and up, because I can't spend USD in the UK, and the commission the bureaus des echanges charge for the exchange is downright extortionate. Besides, sad git that I am, I carry forceps... -_-

If the money wasn't covered in shit then fair game to be honest. I'd prefer it to be atleast 20 pounds to stick my hand in a public shitter.

I used to work as a housekeeper, I don't fear dirty toilets :)

However, if there was magic preventing me fro using tools, I would be more interested in that.
Maybe call a news station and give them the location for a nice sum of money, after I'm done examining it, of course.

TizzytheTormentor:

Agreed. Also, those of us who are parents are likely not quite so grossed out by the thought of touching toilet water. I have a 2 year old son, so I know exactly what it's like to have to reach into a toilet or a tub with poop in it.

10$ here is R80. I have bought games from stores in boxes for around that.
10$ it is. And I am generally very meticulous about my hygiene :P

If it was more than $20 I wouldn't think twice.
I see the modal price is $100. That is Heart of the Swarm Collectors edition there. Do people really need THAT MUCH cash to be at stake here? O.o

I've grabbed toonies and loonies before I don't really care it is just water I can wash my hands and the coin after anywho.

I'm afraid i'd have to leave it.

The only thing that forces me to use the a public porcelain throne is if i'm popping out a turtles head.

I'd rather miss out on cash that shit myself.

Any amount of money that isn't in coins. Because knowing my luck someone would have glued them there. So I roll up a sleeve, grab that money. Proceed to wash both my hand and money in the sink. You'll probably end up with cleaner hands than if you didn't grab it.

$50 for me, but it isn't on the poll, so I'll have to say $100. Bah!

Pussies.

Clean bowl? Check. Nothing in the water? Nice. I'm grabbing it. Single dollar/euro/pound? Still grabbing it.

Come on guys, our immune system is kickass, unless you start sucking the water off your hand afterward and then only if the previous user had dysentery or something is there any risk to your health whatsoever. Unless you're taking chemo or similar, in which case get out of the public bathroom.

Seriously $1 and up, but only because I don't even generally stop to pick up small coins off the floor.

And sorry to burst your bubble people who say "no" or "only for exorbitant amounts of money"...

But cash is generally dirtier than a toilet anyway. It passes through a lot of hands in a year. People who pick their noses? They handle cash. People who don't wash their hands after using the restroom (very appropriate example)? They handle cash too. So does every disgusting person you can imagine, and it falls on the ground, gets bodily fluids on it (blood is surprisingly common btw - I handle cash a LOT at work), and so on.

Just wash it and get on with your life.

$50 or higher for me.

I usually carry disposable gloves and i can always wash my hands and burn the glove when im done.

I'm going to change the currency but not the amount so 10 is enough to spend some time fishing down the toilet.

EDIT: though to be honest I rarely ever us a public toilet (not counting those in a restaurant or cinema) because i don't usually have change on me to get into one in the first place.

100 Billion dollars!

seriously, you can just wash your hands afterwards.

and i would take a sample/gallon of that magic water that dissolves everything but flesh.

wet t-shirt contests just got better...

As long as the sinks are working, I'd go $5 and up. I wouldn't go any less because that means coins, and c'mon- really? coins?

That said I'd probably take coins too if they were just on the floor, but again- only if the sinks worked.

I'm poor so fuck yeah I'll grab whatever's in there over $5! I've wiped too many children's bottoms to care about a public toilet. All I'd need to do is give my hands and forearms a good scrubbing afterwards.

as someone whose main job is cleaning toilets, I'm not bothered in the slightest

None. I'd just piss/shit on it, wait for the next guy to come in and see if I can convince him to do it and we split the cash between us.

SckizoBoy:
I carry forceps... -_-

gigastar:
I usually carry disposable gloves.

Geez!

You are not able to use any items due to Magic!

Not doing it. Just not doing it.

5 bucks period. I can wash my hands. And it's not like I'll get aids.

Wouldn't American money disintegrate in water? being paper and all?
Here in Aus we have this plastic polymer cash, so I'd stick my hand in for anything higher then a $20.
(Unless it was the train station toilet... but you did say 'clean' so I spose that's not the case)

SoulSalmon:
Wouldn't American money disintegrate in water? being paper and all?
Here in Aus we have this plastic polymer cash, so I'd stick my hand in for anything higher then a $20.
(Unless it was the train station toilet... but you did say 'clean' so I spose that's not the case)

American Dollars are cloth, not paper

Edit: OT, I would do it for 5+, they invented soap for a reason damnit!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked