Which of the Big 3 Anime is your preferred choice?
Bleach
11.9% (90)
11.9% (90)
Naruto
13.8% (104)
13.8% (104)
One Piece
18.1% (137)
18.1% (137)
WHAT!? *Insert Anime here* Isn't on here!? Bullsh*t I still pick it!
38.9% (294)
38.9% (294)
Not much of an Anime person, now TACOS on the other hand...
13.8% (104)
13.8% (104)
*sigh* I like all 3...
2.9% (22)
2.9% (22)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Which of the Big 3 Anime is your favorite?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Ok. I've been watching Anime since the early eighties and still haven't gotten a reasonable response to this. What is Filler and what's the big deal with it.
To me its only filler if
A: it's something not relevant to the plot and never brought up again.
B: Does not provide any character development

Evangelion.
I dislike the three you mentioned because they are all based on friendship and other positive sounding stuff.
But sure, if I absolutly had to choose from the three, I would choose Bleach first Naruto second. ONE PIECE is just....

I am just more of a robot anime type person. Gundam, Macrss and Aqualion are far better!

Now watching my first episode of "MAOYU"

And I was certain that Bleach was pushed out of the big three years ago. it doesn't even prominently figure on Shonen Jump anymore. BTW One Piece is the only current main stream anime to make me cry actual tears.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ALL THE BIG THREE!!!
Despite all there issues and there are lots of issues at their heat each has a great core with moments of heartwarming,sadness and awesomeness combined ^_^

Winnosh:
Ok. I've been watching Anime since the early eighties and still haven't gotten a reasonable response to this. What is Filler and what's the big deal with it.
To me its only filler if
A: it's something not relevant to the plot and never brought up again.
B: Does not provide any character development

I'm pretty sure it's episodes that were not written in manga form.

Winnosh:
BTW One Piece is the only current main stream anime to make me cry actual tears.

My god this show brings up so many emotions, often all at once.

A Smooth Criminal:

One Piece is a decent setting, however it just falls into the same trap as Naruto. Luffy also starts to betray his character when he begins acting really serious.

Luffy only gets serious when someone threatens his crew/friends (being a good captain), someone does something truly evil, or food is involved. The other times he's his normal goofy self.

I'm surprised DBZ isn't on your list, but then you could've added Pokemon since that's still going for some reason.

I liked Naruto more for the time it was good, which was till 133 I think. Well, it had it's ups and downs.

Your poll is really messed up. What's the point of asking a question in which you want 1 of 3 answers, and then allowing 6? Anyone who likes ANY anime more than one of those will pick option 4 (even though the question is "which OF the big 3"). Answer 5 is pointless - why should anyone that doesn't even watch anime get an opinion on this? Answer 6 is a cop-out for anyone that watches all 3.

Personally for me, its Naruto. Bleach is still good - Naruto is just better for reasons that would take me too long to explain.

EDIT: I haven't seen One Piece so Naruto > Bleach is all I'm saying. People have tried to convince me to watch One Piece but for the longest time, the best reason anyone could offer me was "Because Luffy would kick Naruto's Ass!!" -.- Then someone with more than a lick of sense gave me coherent reasons as to why I would like it but I'm a little reserved because it's so long... and I know that if it's good, then it's only better that it's long but... it would take me YEARS before I read/watch enough to be up-to-date.

Just stop it with DBZ, it ain't as good as you remember. This coming from someone who rewatched DBZ 6 years ago and watched DBZ Kai a few months ago (Btw Kai is better than DBZ, fact).

About those three, I have watched all three, altough I dropped Bleach after Aizen and Naruto and One Piece are on hold right now. Unlike most people who watch all three my favourite is Naruto. This excluding fillers since I don't watch them.

Protagonists: Ichigo sucks, he's funny at the beginning but after Soul Society arc starts he transforms in one of the protagonists I hate the most. It's no wonder my favourite arc is the one he doesn't appear, I'm talking about the past arc.
Naruto is annoying but watchable, at least until the fight with Kankuzu, there I started to hate him due to how powerful he became and how useless other characters became.
Luffy is by far the most funny, but I hate the stupid speeches he does unlike most OP lovers that thinks his speeches are the best ever made, fail. In terms of power, he's one of the few I don't mind being strongest, at least other characters have relevance, and he trained, it's not like Ichigo who gains power from nothing, faggot Ichigo.

Animation: Bleach is probably the most stable here, and it's good. Naruto is capable of the best and the worst. One Piece is full of still shots and has occasionally some good animated fights.

Art style: At first I liked Bleach, but now I'm sick of thee character design, they all look the same.
Naruto is good, but Shippuden has some episodes with bad character design. One Piece is just weird, first I hated it, now I'm used to it.

Story: Does it really matter? They are all excuses to watch some good fights and some drama.

Fights Bleach is ok, never that bad, but never awesome, Naruto has the best ones with some bad ones, One Piece is terrible, they take too long, it's no wonder my favourite fight is Luffy vs Usopp, quick and cool.

Characters In my opinion all three have good characters, Naruto are the most interesting ones, but then they become useless and that makes me sad. One Piece has some a little too over the top.

Ost Naruto all the way, then between Shippuden Onne Piece and Bleach is hard to decide.

Final notes: Main problem with One Piece is pacing, usually most shounens are slow but One Piece takes it to the next level. The almost 600 episodes of One Piece could be reduced easily to 200 with the same content, I'm not kidding.
I had a good time while watching it, despite every arcs going on too long (Skypiea, Water 7 and Ennies Lobby were terrible in that aspect) but when I reached weekly episodes it got frustrating because the episode was nice, but I felt I saw nothing developing. I actually think the best part of One Piece is the small parts between arcs and the beginning of them, then it gets boring. Naruto was great during first season, Shippuden started terribly, then had the great arc of Shikamaru and Hidden, then continued good until the war where I putted on hold.
Bleach only has two good arcs, Soul Society and the Past arc, rest was just ok.

Anoni Mus:
Just stop it with DBZ, it ain't as good as you remember. This coming from someone who rewatched DBZ 6 years ago and watched DBZ Kai a few months ago (Btw Kai is better than DBZ, fact).

About those three, I have watched all three, altough I dropped Bleach after Aizen and Naruto and One Piece are on hold right now. Unlike most people who watch all three my favourite is Naruto. This excluding fillers since I don't watch them.

Protagonists: Ichigo sucks, he's funny at the beginning but after Soul Society arc starts he transforms in one of the protagonists I hate the most. It's no wonder my favourite arc is the one he doesn't appear, I'm talking about the past arc.
Naruto is annoying but watchable, at least until the fight with Kankuzu, there I started to hate him due to how powerful he became and how useless other characters became.
Luffy is by far the most funny, but I hate the stupid speeches he does unlike most OP lovers that thinks his speeches are the best ever made, fail. In terms of power, he's one of the few I don't mind being strongest, at least other characters have relevance, and he trained, it's not like Ichigo who gains power from nothing, faggot Ichigo.

Animation: Bleach is probably the most stable here, and it's good. Naruto is capable of the best and the worst. One Piece is full of still shots and has occasionally some good animated fights.

Art style: At first I liked Bleach, but now I'm sick of thee character design, they all look the same.

Story: Does it really matter? They are all excuses to watch some good fights and some drama.

Fights Bleach is ok, never that bad, but never awesome, Naruto has the best ones with some bad ones, One Piece is terrible, they take too long, it's no wonder my favourite fight is Luffy vs Usopp, quick and cool.

Characters In my opinion all three have good characters, Naruto are the most interesting ones, but then they become useless and that makes me sad. One Piece has some a little too over the top.

Ost Naruto all the way, then between Shippuden Onne Piece and Bleach is hard to decide.

Final notes: Main problem with One Piece is pacing, usually most shounens are slow but One Piece takes it to the next level. The almost 600 episodes of One Piece could be reduced easily to 200 with the same content, I'm not kidding.
I had a good time while watching it, despite every arcs going on too long (Skypiea, Water 7 and Ennies Lobby were terrible in that aspect) but when I reached weekly episodes it got frustrating because the episode was nice, but I felt I saw nothing developing. I actually think the best part of One Piece is the small parts between arcs and the beginning of them, then it gets boring. Naruto was great during first season, Shippuden started terribly, then had the great arc of Shikamaru and Hidden, then continued good until the war where I putted on hold.
Bleach only has two good arcs, Soul Society and the Past arc, rest was just ok.

i have watched myself
and dbz is great :D we wont shut up, because akira toriyama makes great stuff
or do you not remember the pecking order

anyways

eh naruto for me, its a hell of alot darker as that series goes on

Eh, out of these three One Piece is easily my favorite. I'm not too big on Shounen, but One Piece is all right.

I used to like Naruto, but it's been dragging on forever. I'd like to see something new from Kishimoto.

lolBleach.

Never seen One Piece as in general I dislike the pirate genre as a whole, and didn't take to the over the top art style used. I have seen Bleach and Naruto/Shippuden, and between them I prefer Naruto.

Watching the Shippuden arc from episodes 153 - 166 that were released the other day, noticed right away I felt more invested in the characters, and

I enjoy Bleach for the action scenes, and the mythos is pretty interesting, but beyond that there isn't much else to it.

It always makes me roll my eyes every time someone (I won't name names) says something along the the lines of "I watched some of these shows and then moved on to 'real' anime". I don't rate Naruto anywhere near my top 10, it's not brilliant by any means, but that and the series length don't make it any less real to me.

To those with a big issue with filler...just skip it. The only way it negatively affects you is taking the time to see which arcs are filler and which aren't, which makes you sacrifice, what, 10 minutes of your time. It's not as if for example you watched the Star Wars prequels every time before seeing the original trilogy. I personally found the two one frame scenes from Evangelion much more aggravating, as well and the infamous Endless 8 story from Haruhi Suzamiya.

I don't like those sorts of anime, with their shouty tenacious children and their gratuitous filler/long conversations about the applications of kung fu. Of the options, One Piece wins by a mile. It has the most colourful of colourful characters, and the art style sets it quite apart from the rest.

I'd still take Monster over all else though.

what? nobody brought up gurren lagann? how anybody can stand to watch these "big 3" when much better material in the genre exist is beyond me. i must getting really old cause i was sure all of these were a fad that died out a long time ago. i really wish more people would dare to explore new shows.

Bleach, but at this point isn't fairy tail among the top 3/4? It has a massive fanbase, go to any reader and you'll see it there, just below One piece and Naruto usualy, and just above bleach as far as popularity goes.

(Also Fairy tail is totally the best anime/manga. Just sayin'. :3 )

TizzytheTormentor:
Dragonball Z isn't on the list because it ended ages ago! All those on the list are still ongoing!

I pick One Piece! Easily one of the very best! Almost 700 chapters and has just been getting better and better!

Naruto, I gave up on because I just couldn't keep reading anymore, it really did just get worse and worse...

Bleach, I should continue reading, but some parts of it just annoyed me (like the imaginary town held up by 4 pillars) and the chapters that were bollocks!

It also bother me how pathetically weak Ichigo and his friends were compared to the captains in the Soul Society! Seriously, all they did was get curb-stomped and have to be saved. Ichigo was weak until he donned the silly mask.

I used to watch the Anime for One-Peice years ago and enjoyed what I saw. However, trying to read the Manga seems like a HUGE task. (700 Chapters? Holy Shit!) Should I do what I did with Negima: Magister Negi Magi and buy the Omnibus' over time? It seems like a lot of shit goes on.

Also, do they ever get to the Grand Line or is it mostly filler?

The big three? You mean Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (have they had another series since Macross 7?), Captain Harlock, and Gundam (how many sub series are they up to now?)? Oh you mean currently airing... Well I have seen Bleach, the first Naruto series, but no One Piece so between Bleach and Naruto....Bleach by a slight margin, that might change if I were to catch up on either series but I have been too busy with studies for the last couple years to stay current with any TV show, particularly those that are over 200 episodes in length.

Honsetly expected it to be Bebop, DBZ, And evangelion/Gundam. This isn't the big three of anime, it's the big three of SHonen

oh god, the anime elitism is blowing

the popularity of anime is inversely exponential to "true anime" rating of it.

OT:
I've enjoyed One piece and naruto, i'm pretty much up to date on naruto, and one piece im on about episode 100ish? lost track lately.

although, DBZ will always have my heart, sweet jesus if a super saiyan can't get my heart racing.

Meh, I prefer Bleach over One Piece and Naruto. Mainly for two reasons. I just like the story to Bleach more, and neither of the "Big 3" are anywhere close to being my favorite. That spot is reserved for, and has for years now, Ranma1/2. But I'll be nice and pick Bleach instead of option 4.

In Japan, you wanna know what the "Big 3" is? One Piece, One Piece, and One Piece. Seriously. One Piece at the very top, with other anime and manga below it not even coming close to being as popular. Like at all. They fucking LOVE One Piece.

Pretty sure DBZ and Deathnote are part of that. Make it the big 5

I hate all three of those because they have little to no substance and never end.

Now if the choice of big 3 were FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Baccano then we'd have something to discuss :P

Capitano Segnaposto:

TizzytheTormentor:
Dragonball Z isn't on the list because it ended ages ago! All those on the list are still ongoing!

I pick One Piece! Easily one of the very best! Almost 700 chapters and has just been getting better and better!

Naruto, I gave up on because I just couldn't keep reading anymore, it really did just get worse and worse...

Bleach, I should continue reading, but some parts of it just annoyed me (like the imaginary town held up by 4 pillars) and the chapters that were bollocks!

It also bother me how pathetically weak Ichigo and his friends were compared to the captains in the Soul Society! Seriously, all they did was get curb-stomped and have to be saved. Ichigo was weak until he donned the silly mask.

I used to watch the Anime for One-Peice years ago and enjoyed what I saw. However, trying to read the Manga seems like a HUGE task. (700 Chapters? Holy Shit!) Should I do what I did with Negima: Magister Negi Magi and buy the Omnibus' over time? It seems like a lot of shit goes on.

Also, do they ever get to the Grand Line or is it mostly filler?

Read it online if you have to and buy the manga later (It's what I do)

They are very far into the Grand-Line! They got there by episode 62 (less if you skip one of the filler arcs) There are a few filler arcs in the anime, but you can look those up and skip them! Some are good though (Like Spa Island) But the series mostly sticks to the story.

One of the movies, Strong World is canon however (the creator claims it to be) I watched it this afternoon and loved it! It takes place quite far into the series though.

One Piece, even though a very familiar name, failed to grab my attention. I gave Naruto a few episodes, but then it slipped in favor of Bleach. I did use the `no fillerī guide thatīs around the internet.

But my current ongoing anime is definitely Fairy Tail. Maybe thats why Naruto doesnīt stick with me, I dunno. But yeah Fairy Tail is definitely a hot item. Got some friends who donīt even watch anime, that have now begun watching with Fairy Tail.

So My vote went to option 4

I like all three and more, though personally my favourite remains as Fullmetal Alchemist. It's just too good.

The one true shounen anime is Dragon Ball Z. :P

Of those three my favourite is Bleach, though I stopped following a long, long time ago.

Between the three shows, I've maybe seen 7 episodes. Of what I've seen, Bleach was the best show.

Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball Z, .hack series(this one is just IMO :) ) are prolly the big three.

But we must understand that "the big three" is certainly a more present intent, but also it's subjective as hell so either way this thread was made pretty badly, but it seems to have been successful.

out of those, I like them all the same. I wish i could watch one piece but it never comes on anymore, or at least not on any of my channels to my knowledge. ;(

I haven't watched an episode in years, but i really liked it for the most part whenever I did see it on.

I just hate how Bleach, 99% of the episodes is just talking, or talking about echigigiihhooioioei moves and tactics etc etc it just gets so fucking dull.

waj9876:
Meh, I prefer Bleach over One Piece and Naruto. Mainly for two reasons. I just like the story to Bleach more, and neither of the "Big 3" are anywhere close to being my favorite. That spot is reserved for, and has for years now, Ranma1/2. But I'll be nice and pick Bleach instead of option 4.

In Japan, you wanna know what the "Big 3" is? One Piece, One Piece, and One Piece. Seriously. One Piece at the very top, with other anime and manga below it not even coming close to being as popular. Like at all. They fucking LOVE One Piece.

I haven't heard anyone mention Ranma 1/2 in years. That was honestly the show that started me on the path of anime fandom, although I had been exposed to shows like Macross/Robotech when it was aired in the US in the '80s.

Out of those three, One Piece all the way baby! I just love how weird everything is. Also I'm getting rather sick of Naruto, and I stopped watching Bleach ages ago.

Really? Those are the "big three"? Maybe that are still ongoing. But, I'd still say Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood, of ones that are still on. Or, I would, if I didn't want tacos. Because, really now. Tacos.

I don't really like any of the big three that have been mentioned as they don't seem to end. My vote will be for Death Note. I preferred the story and the characters (I dislike Light, but I still prefer Light to Naruto or Ichigo) and Death Note finished in 12 volumes and didn't overstay its welcome. The current manga/ anime I am enjoying is Black butler.

I don't really like animes for that go on for the sake of just going on. This animes just go on soooo long, it feels almost like a proper TV show. I prefer a story that you don't need to get involved with for like 8 years.

I have never actually seen One Piece for the fear of it being like the other two. Out of Naruto and Bleach I don't really dislike one more than the other. I liked Bleachs animations, art and fight scenes over naruto, but I like the characters, setting and story more in Naruto. I never finsihed either of them, I stopped watching naruto at about episode 30-40 of Shippuden and stopped watching bleach sometime during the arrancar bit.

octafish:
snip

I like the cut of your jib, sir. Though in my case replace Star Blazers with Voltron

DeimosMasque:

Add that to the 80s and it was Voltron and Robotech. Yeah technically, Voltron isn't an anime as it is a merge of two different animes but man was it popular when I was growing up. I still have a lot of my old Voltron toys that my parents got for me in the 80s in storage somewhere

Robotech was a Frankenstein in the same vein as the Voltron we know. It was mashed together from Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross (no relation to Macross) and Genesis Climber Mospeada, in that order. Still love it to bits, but the Macross saga has always been my favourite part.

OT:
Eh, not a fan of Naruto and Bleach, not after they reached a certain point. I got to 130-something in Naruto before dropping it, and 40-something with Shippuden. I let it slip for 10 episodes, saw 50-something that had a 10 minute recap of the last 10 or so episodes and I didn't miss much at all. So I let that one slide.

Bleach lost me at around episode 70. When I think about it, I'm not sure why, but from what I heard that was a decent place to drop it.

One Piece I haven't seen. I've been told it's good, I would probably like it but I just can't be bothered slogging though so many episodes to get up to date.

So my pick would be.....Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. It is a similarly long running fighting with super powers type manga series, but it has the advantage that the new anime series only started this season, so there's not a lot to catch up on, it starts from the top and it doesn't know what the word serious means. Either that or it is so serious it loops right back around to gloriously ridiculous, to where things like 'while you weren't looking, I attached a dozen grenades to your arse!' can happen (seriously, that happens. And it is magnificent)

ShadeHedgehog1:
-snip-

Maybe take out that "Other anime" option...
It's a poll about the Big 3, not which is your favourite anime.

thesilentman:
I prefer Bleach to answer your question, but all of them are atrocious in one way or another.

Thanks, just my thoughts.

Yeah, I picked Bleach, but I don't like any of the three much. Bleach was entertaining and had the most depth of the three, methinks.

I'm not hatin' on Naruto or One Piece, I just think they've gone downhill in quality super fast. Oh, I also despise Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon and Digimon.

Atrocious. That's the word I was looking for. Poor kids.

My personal all-time favourite one-off thing is Ninja Scroll. I don't think that one ever got turned into a series, and if it did, I'm pretty certain those would eventually suck hairy moose balls, too. It's just the way these things turn out.

I absolutely loved DBZ when I first discovered it, with the little monkey boy and the bald little dude with the dots on his head. It was freaky, it was fun, it was fresh. Then it turned into bloody Dallas, written by an undead Shakespeare on Crack.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked