Threads that have been overdone on the Escapist.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Simple. I will be immensely sorry if this thread has been done before and I am aware of the irony. Although I did use the search and found nothing so hopefully I am clear.

EDIT:
all of them (if you're Sassafrass/burningdragoon/Z of the Na'vi/Guffe)
the list of threads mentioned so far:
friend zoning
recommend me an anime (sometimes overdone)
biased observations of...
your favorite song/beer/movie/book
you know you've played to much X when....
game recommendations
"How did you find the Escapist?"
"Why the hate for ______?"
"Why the love for ______?"
"Things you _____ that everyone else ______"
"_____ sucks, and here's why"
"What do you play your games on?"
"What's wrong with _____?"
"Where did _______ go wrong?"
Gun-control threads.
Why minorities need to blah blah blah.
Anything except metal is crap.
Justin Bieber Fandom/Nuts did this. Let's talk about how unmasculine he is for the billionth time.
X is ruining the Geek fandom.
Teenagers are all crazy and stupid.
Worst Media/Theme in Media you've ever seen.
ME endings
"am i the only one who?"
"the [insert object here] on your [insert direction here] is now your only item to use in [insert scenario here]"
"X-game is Worse/Better Than everyone is claiming it to be"
"How Modern pop music/Reality TV/ Bro Shooters are terrible and destroying our cultured society"
"Americans are Crazy"
"Wahh Stop liking what I dont Like!!"
Dark Souls should/shouldn't be easy
Cover songs that are better/worse than the original.
Favorite movie/game/literary/TV quotes.
MLP(with exceptions)
How I loose faith/ faith restore in humanity.
Hate for Jimquestion/ Moviebob or any Escapist show etc.
Half Life 3 related thread.
Wallpaper or stuff you want to show off

TopazFusion:
It HAS been done before! By yours truly!

Anyway, gender wars thread are pretty tiresome (and also pretty frightening).

"But women are so weird! And they won't give me sex! What's wrong with them!?"

Seriously, it doesn't matter how many times it's explained... people will never get it >.>

TopazFusion:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you phrased it oddly so no wonder I didn't find it.
But there is a subtle difference your are threads you are tired of, and mine is more of a public service announcement (if the thread becomes long enough). I guess I will keep track of all the threads mentioned)

Haha yeah this has been done before, worded differently;D.
But no, there's one that trumps all others:

'Recommend me an Anime...'

I just. I just can't deal with it.
There must be thousands of that exact thread. Repeated. Again. And again.
And again.
And then again.

And then again.

It's the most repeated thread on here. I'm willing to put money on that.

...yeah, it annoys me xD.

Threads that start off with a title like "An analysis of..." or "Observations of..." and immediately descend into "I don't like this why do other people it must be because they're stupid". Seriously, isn't there a misleading thread title rule? These titles are leading me to believe it will be a balanced and insightful analysis of given topic. And now I've written it I see how stupid that sounds.

Also, is it just me or is the furry count up recently?

Gender Wars, they never end well.

Friend zone threads .... the amount of so called "nice guys" that pop up in those from this very forum forum that turn out to be absolute dicks is amazing. It's also done to death.

The ever so shit "you know you've played to much X when...." None of the answers in those are ever amusing. The threads themselves are about as original as reality TV.

Your favourite song. There is a new thread on this every single week. Every single week people answer with the same damn songs.

Any thread discussing how a parent should raise their child. A massive chunk of the Escapist population are young folk themselves that have no kids. No parent in their right mind is going to take advice off them, and the things they come up with are always shit ideas I wouldn't dream of implementing with my own kids. I see it a lot here and every time I read them I physically cringe and hope none of them breed or that child is fucked.

What is your favourite alcohol .... actually, including the music one above, any "what is your favourite" thread. We see tons of them on a weekly basis and everyone always answers with the same damn thing. We've had a shit ton of "favourite alcohol" ones recently and I started getting stupid in them. I went from honest answers of whiskey and ale and after several of these threads i'm on to Pimms .... fucking Pimms.

All of them.
Being a daily visitor for around 3 years will do that to ya. :p

I just got a _____, recommend me some games.

Literally several of these every day, sometimes the same console.

Sassafrass:
All of them.

Well, this too.

"How did you find the Escapist?"
"Why the hate for ______?"
"Why the love for ______?"
"Things you _____ that everyone else ______"
"_____ sucks, and here's why"
"What do you play your games on?" - Variations of the phrase are often used for this one, occasionally as a thinly-veiled console wars or Console Vs. PC argument.
"What's wrong with _____?"
"Where did _______ go wrong?"

I won't bother mentioning the big ones that have already been brought up and will likely be brought up more and more in this thread.

All of them. Even ironic, meta threads.

Gun-control threads.
Why minorities need to blah blah blah.
Anything except metal is crap.
Justin Bieber Fandom/Nuts did this. Let's talk about how unmasculine he is for the billionth time.
X is ruining the Geek fandom.
Teenagers are all crazy and stupid.
Worst Media/Theme in Media you've ever seen.

That's all I can think about off the top of my head.

Fappy:

TopazFusion:

Seriously, it doesn't matter how many times it's explained... people will never get it >.>

Who actually posts that here? I've seen enough gender wars threads to be sick of them myself, and I've never seen anything remotely like it. Sounds like a strawman to me...

Seriously, dude. I'm curious.

OT: Favourite book/movie threads and new releases you're excited for threads. Not that I really mind them.

Cheesepower5:

Fappy:

TopazFusion:

Who actually posts that here? I've seen enough gender wars threads to be sick of them myself, and I've never seen anything remotely like it. Sounds like a strawman to me...

Seriously, dude. I'm curious.

OT: Favourite book/movie threads and new releases you're excited for threads. Not that I really mind them.

It's basically an exaggeration of a common mentality people bring to the discussion. I don't think people are usually that blatant about it XD

Rawne1980:
i'm on to Pimms .... fucking Pimms.

Hey, don't you bring Pimms into this. What did Pimms ever do to you?

OP: Probably the "X you used to love but now hate" and all it's variations.
Also recommend me a tv show/anime/album, it just turns into a 4 page competition of who can recommend the most obscure thing.
Any thread trying to get one over on what they think feminism is or arguing that minorities shouldn't be insulted by slurs because... Well, because.

"The final definitive retrospective absolutely last word analysis of the ending of Mass Effect 3"
and
"The last enemy you killed is now your X"

I try not to let these kind of threads bother me. If it doesn't seem interesting I just don't click on it or reply. Replying simply to tell the person that its been done before is just keeping it up top. It might be annoying to see these threads but no one is forcing you to respond.

I'm guilty of this myself on a few instances. Usually someone will attack me for repeating a thread, then they go ahead and reply to the topic anyway. Usually the reply is condescending.

EDIT: Went over to the gaming section of the forum and found this post replying to someone asking for ps2 game recommendations.

"I got bored of typing the same answers every time, here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.230891-Another-PS2-Recommendation-Thread
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.193333-Recommend-some-PS2-Titles?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.192750-So-I-just-bought-myself-a-PS2?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.302581-Recommend-Some-PS2-Titles?page=1
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.230843-So-i-just-bought-a-ps2?page=1
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.193333-Recommend-some-PS2-Titles?page=1
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.289949-PS2-games
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.265037-PS2-games
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.178833-PS2-must-haves?page=1
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.308133-Ps2-games-anyone?page=1
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.383645-Playstation-2-game-recommendations"

Key example of what I'm talking about. If this person is bored of answering these threads there is a simple solution. Just don't respond. I don't understand why some people think they are obligated to reply to every single post, and complain about it like its some sort of hardship for them.

Sassafrass:
All of them.

Are you saying we can't come up with original content anymore?

Challenge accepted.

Sassafrass:
All of them.

Redlin5:

Sassafrass:
All of them.

Are you saying we can't come up with original content anymore?

Challenge accepted.

How about Poll: Would you eat your own flesh to survive? I think I came up with a pretty original thread there.

OT: Whirlpool threads. Pie threads.

And bacon threads. I know it's almost blasphemous, but the bacon factor has been overdone. :(

"am I the only one who...?"

I've seen that one so many times!

Also "the [insert object here] on your [insert direction here] is now your only item to use in [insert scenario here]"

In general, Feminism and rape threads have been really common up until recently and threads about skyrim and mass effect 3 were way too common for about 6-7 months after they released.

Copper Zen:
I know it's almost blasphemous, but the bacon factor has been overdone. :(

I did a thread about houses. Now I wonder how many threads this thread inspires. Come on people, bring on the different!

"X-game is Worse/Better Than everyone is claiming it to be"

"How Modern pop music/Reality TV/ Bro Shooters are terrible and destroying our cultured society"

"Americans are Crazy"

"Wahh Stop liking what I dont Like!!"

"THE FUCKING FRIEND ZONE MAAANNN!!"

I like the Escapist, But there are defiantly some rough spots in the forums at times lol

Threads about tapioca pudding. And threads asking for advice about books/shows no one has ever heard of.

Amoebic dysentery threads are passe' as well.

How has no one said drowning yet.
Those were overdone and I personally hope they never return.
Also almost everything in R&P.
That stuff is wack and has almost always come up before.

Based on my limited time lurking and even shorter time posting;

- ME3 ending rants
- gender wars threads
- just recently, gun control threads

People who pick up Dark Souls after hearing how difficult it is, only to find it to be 'easy', or to get horribly murdered and so come here to complain about how it's a terrible game.
It's become more frequent of late, and its hilarity never diminishes.

Ironically, threads about repeated thread topics are very common

shame on you OP

Not so much a topic, but a titles. "X, Y, and you", for example "Mass effect 3, video game endings and you." I don't know what it is, but ending a title with "and you." just sounds obnoxious to me. As for topics, probably the ME3/Dark souls threads that pop up a few times a week. I'm not interested in either game, so the amount of threads can get a little annoying. There are more of those than there are MLP threads :/

Also the flamewar topic of the week, whatever it is. Feminism, gun control, I don't care. Doesn't matter what it is, it almost always ends with a ridiculous fight that became a circular argument on both sides 5 pages earlier.

ME3's ending.

Just... just stop.

I don't care if you hated it, loved it, liked it, were ambivalent about it, want to explain it, want it explained to you... whatever. Every single thing you want to say has been heard by every single person here at least a dozen times. Same goes for every single thing that other people will say in reply to your thread.

Sassafrass:
All of them.

Old'scapists!

Assemble!

OT: People are still talking about the ME3 ending. What could possibly be discussed about that game that hasn't been said eleventy billion times before.

Sassafrass:
All of them.

Yep. I know that feel, buddy.

Daystar Clarion:

Sassafrass:
All of them.

Old'scapists!

Assemble!

I also knew that this would happen. It always does on a thread like this.

Dark Souls difficulty threads, Gender war threads, Anime threads, relationship advice threads, 'When did you lose your virginity' threads and pretty much anything and everything that gets posted in R & P.

Also, pony threads. Granted, it's less a thing of 'Oh god, not another pony thread', but more along the lines of 'Well, someones tempting fate - bet 5 bucks it's locked by page 3'. I don't mind seeing them, but I don't really want to go in them due to the fact that they all end horribly (except EternalNothingness's pony threads, those start horribly and get funnier as they go).

Why are the game and anime recommendations up there? Those are always different because new things come out and people have different tastes :/

Everything Dark Souls apart from people seriously asking for in game help. Even though i keep contributing to them. Again and again.

From Software will make their game. It will be great i'm sure. Leave it up to them what to include and enjoy the outcome.

Strazdas:

or maybe your just a shit parent?

Please, share your vast knowledge of how i'm a shit parent.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked