The house of your dreams

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Okay Escapists. You are getting older and suddenly you have a lot of money to spend due to winning twenty huge lotteries consecutively (you got lucky one year). You've found a partner in life and maybe you want some kids. You want a house. The house that will be your grave home until you are wheeled into a retirement home if you're lucky. This is the luxurious dream home of your wildest imagination come true.

What kind of house and where? Any specific cities you like over others? Include colour preferences, size, interior design or any other details you can think of.

Myself?

So, do you have any ideas for yours? Mine was grounded in some reality but feel free to be as wacky as you want. You're rich, they'll build whatever you ask them to. ;)

Have fun.

One word: Batcave.

I just want something small! Is that so much to ask?!

If I did win 20 lotteries, the first thing I'd buy is an Origin desktop, not a house.

I'd get a castle

Yeah definitely a castle...

Haha nah probably a tree house or something like rapture but small sized, a lighthouse in the middle of the pacific ocean with a bathysphere that takes you to my underwater house. Would be pretty sweet.

SomeLameStuff:
I just want something small! Is that so much to ask?!

If I did win 20 lotteries, the first thing I'd buy is an Origin desktop, not a house.

This is a thread about houses. :P

Okay, so you put that in your house. Now what is the house like? XD

Redlin5:

Okay, so you put that in your house. Now what is the house like? XD

The house is like... a house.

Okay, FINE! It'll probably be something like this

Something small so I don't have to walk for five minutes to get from the fridge to my computer >.>

If I live alone: a one bedroom house near work. Decorated with an ungodly amount of game memorabilia. (I'd rather have more things then more house).

If I don't live alone: Whatever the wife says. (I don't give a shit so long as I get my room full of game stuff).

Can't get cooler than point freaking nemo, that's as far away as you can get from land. Gotta watch out for those pesky pirate jets though.

I would like a small house at the base of some mountains like the Colorado Rockies or Swiss Alps. Having a mansion doesn't appeal to me because I find small houses to feel more homey and have more character. Plus they are much easier to decorate.

The exterior would be in the Tudor style, because I think it looks nice. The interior would be three stories, plus an underground area. I'd have several bedrooms, naturally. But the main bedroom would have the actual bed built into the floor. I have a lot of stuffed animals (and if I won 20 lotteries, I'd be buying even more), and I always feel bad when I can't have them all on the bed. Or if they fall off of the bed over the course of the night. If the entire floor is my bed, or at least most of it, problem solved! I'd also have the telly built into the wall, because movies while falling asleep are awesome.

I'd have a dedicated computer and sewing room, and have another wall TV there. The room would be built with wires in the wall over to my desk, so that I wouldn't need cords running across the room to throw my computer's display up on the big screen. Perfect for sewing projects.

In fact, I'd plan the house out so that cords are built into the entire floorplan, converging on a central room to house the router. Not that I wouldn't have wireless, but it can be a bit unreliable when gaming, best to just have any room able to connect to a plug already in the wall. Bonus points for LAN parties.

Somewhere on the top floor would be a slide down to the second floor, likely with a ball pit at the bottom because why not?

The entire house would be riddled with secret rooms and hidden doors. Some would be to hide away valuables. others would be to hide away fun. For example, the walk-in closet in the master bedroom would have several dressers (I already own enough clothes to fill two closets, and you bet I'd be buying more of those too). One of the dressers would have a sliding back panel that opens into a small hidden suite, like going to Narnia.

The bathroom would have a jacuzzi tub, because I love to take long, relaxing baths. Potentially with other people. ;)

The kitchen would be much more spread out than my current kitchen is, with ample counter space. I never seem to have enough counter space, especially when making cookies. Also, I want a teppanyaki table, because that looks like fun and I want to try it.

The basement would have a heated swimming pool deep enough at the deep end to dive in, should I want to. Also a sauna, because I love those. Also, a water slide, possibly starting somewhere else in the house. The garage would also be down there, with room for at least six cars. I know for a fact that I'd want a few different ones, and it would be nice to have room for guests to park inside as well.

I'd have a gymnasium, though with fewer weights and treadmills, more uneven bars, balance beam, and maybe a vault. I'd have room for fencing, and hire someone to teach me to do so. The stables, of course, would be in the back yard.

One room on the second floor would be the kitty room. Basically a full room version of those kitty condos you can buy. All sorts of places for kitties to play and enjoy themselves. Though I would let them wander the house, it is nice to have a room I can put them in should the situation warrant it.

Another room would be the Dungeons and Dragons room. With a large table, and room to have models for any adventure I need. Behind the bookshelf, in one of the hidden rooms, would be a storage room just for miniatures and models.

On the subject of dungeons, more than a few of my friends would be expecting me to have a well stocked one. I'd probably put that in a hidden room as well. ;)

The back yard would have a man made lake, probably without fish. And the entire property would be surrounded by trees, for privacy. The gate at the front is a given, because solicitors who are not Girl Scouts bringing me Thin Mints can frak right off.

I like the thought of having a brick castle.

They're big. They're cool. They're more energy efficient than older castles.

All that aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd they still come with dungeons!

Aris Khandr:
The exterior would be in the Tudor style, because I think it looks nice. The interior would be three stories, plus an underground area. I'd have several bedrooms, naturally. But the main bedroom would have the actual bed built into the floor. I have a lot of stuffed animals (and if I won 20 lotteries, I'd be buying even more), and I always feel bad when I can't have them all on the bed. Or if they fall off of the bed over the course of the night. If the entire floor is my bed, or at least most of it, problem solved! I'd also have the telly built into the wall, because movies while falling asleep are awesome.

I'd have a dedicated computer and sewing room, and have another wall TV there. The room would be built with wires in the wall over to my desk, so that I wouldn't need cords running across the room to throw my computer's display up on the big screen. Perfect for sewing projects.

In fact, I'd plan the house out so that cords are built into the entire floorplan, converging on a central room to house the router. Not that I wouldn't have wireless, but it can be a bit unreliable when gaming, best to just have any room able to connect to a plug already in the wall. Bonus points for LAN parties.

Somewhere on the top floor would be a slide down to the second floor, likely with a ball pit at the bottom because why not?

The entire house would be riddled with secret rooms and hidden doors. Some would be to hide away valuables. others would be to hide away fun. For example, the walk-in closet in the master bedroom would have several dressers (I already own enough clothes to fill two closets, and you bet I'd be buying more of those too). One of the dressers would have a sliding back panel that opens into a small hidden suite, like going to Narnia.

The bathroom would have a jacuzzi tub, because I love to take long, relaxing baths. Potentially with other people. ;)

The kitchen would be much more spread out than my current kitchen is, with ample counter space. I never seem to have enough counter space, especially when making cookies. Also, I want a teppanyaki table, because that looks like fun and I want to try it.

The basement would have a heated swimming pool deep enough at the deep end to dive in, should I want to. Also a sauna, because I love those. Also, a water slide, possibly starting somewhere else in the house. The garage would also be down there, with room for at least six cars. I know for a fact that I'd want a few different ones, and it would be nice to have room for guests to park inside as well.

I'd have a gymnasium, though with fewer weights and treadmills, more uneven bars, balance beam, and maybe a vault. I'd have room for fencing, and hire someone to teach me to do so. The stables, of course, would be in the back yard.

One room on the second floor would be the kitty room. Basically a full room version of those kitty condos you can buy. All sorts of places for kitties to play and enjoy themselves. Though I would let them wander the house, it is nice to have a room I can put them in should the situation warrant it.

Another room would be the Dungeons and Dragons room. With a large table, and room to have models for any adventure I need. Behind the bookshelf, in one of the hidden rooms, would be a storage room just for miniatures and models.

On the subject of dungeons, more than a few of my friends would be expecting me to have a well stocked one. I'd probably put that in a hidden room as well. ;)

The back yard would have a man made lake, probably without fish. And the entire property would be surrounded by trees, for privacy. The gate at the front is a given, because solicitors who are not Girl Scouts bringing me Thin Mints can frak right off.

Thin Minks are awesome, and yes, ;) we would expect you to have a fully stocked dungeon, if you didn't have one we'd be confused, and a little sad

A small house, barely more than a cottage, with rendered walls and a nice flower garden out front.

I'm not actually any good at gardening, but if I'd won twenty lotteries then presumably I could hire a gardener to keep it nice.

I don't know why, but I've always preferred the idea of a small house to a large one. Maybe because I spent my first years in the tiniest of shacks. (Seriously, it was absolutely wee. One main room with space for a corner table, a couch and a potbelly stove, one bedroom, and one bed loft. That's it.)

Of course I'd need something bigger if I was going to have kids.

Is a moonbase on the cards?

Nouw:
Gotta watch out for those pesky pirate jets though.

That's what mines are for. ;)

The Pumpkin Witch:
SNIP

Consider this my second choice. That is fantastic.

I'm torn between "Columbian Drug Lord Estate" and "English Castle". As long as it was in the mountains though, like the Alps, I'd be happy.

Though, in this day and age and with housing markets as they are, owning any house would be a dream home.

The perfect home can only be described with one word: Unassailable.

There is almost no contest. This is pretty much almost perfect. Now, all I need is to get some water wheels for the nearby river and improve the internet connection and it would be perfect.

What's that, I need to find a home good for a family. NO! My kids shall be home schooled!

Either that or try and build a life size replica of Tracy Island

Several lotteries, you say? Well, that might just be enough to recreate the lost city of Atlantis!

And so, I shall have it built somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, approximate coordinates classified.

It shall be modelled more on the city of Rapture in format, but considerably smaller and more advanced, at least in terms of technology. I'll mix up all sorts of different eras and cultures in its interior.

Prominent design features:

Great Library
Japanese & Roman-style bathhouses heated by filtered seabed vent uptakes
The most exclusive world-class restaurant theatre in the world - daily evening performances including Shakespeare, Gilbert and Sullivan, Noh, and the occassional burlesque performance.
Assorted gardens
A choice of six-star bedroom suites
IMAX cinema
Robot servants
Artificial Intelligence management
Hydroponic and In-Vitro food production
Anti-torpedo + depth charge countermeasures (wouldn't want those pesky Allies causing any problems now, would we?)

Well, I've never liked politics and I've never liked paying taxes on my twenty lottery winnings. So I'd buy an island. I'd also buy an old pirate ship that ferries food and supplies. I'd have a room that lights up like Jehuty with a huge TV and bookshelves lining the walls. These bookshelves would contain every SNES, N64, PS1, and PS2 game in history. I'd also have a track on one side of the island spanning the length that would be used for testing top speeds in my cars. My Lamborghinis, a Shelby 500 GT, maybe a Viper. I'd also commission statues of video game characters, and the most comfortable toilet that ever was. Also maybe a super computer if there's room in the basement.

I want Tony Stark's house from the Iron Man movies

Looks awesome. Bonus points if JARVIS comes with it :D

I'd build Castle Doom in Eastern Europe somewhere and make my own micro-nation! :D

Just a small house in the country for me, thanks.
I wouldn't do anything with a million rooms in a house, so it'd be fairly pointless to get. But something small, in a small community, not very much traffic or people being dicks outside during the night... sounds good.

I'd personally go with an exact recreation of Hadrian's Villa, but considerably less broken and with the addition all the amenities of modern living. Flashy TV's, computers, etc.

it would basically be tony starks house (the one in the first movie) and i would put a photo up but i have no idea how to XD
but it would be here in Australia, not in Miami

Redlin5:

Okay... I'll play by your rules then!

Can't beat ma damn spacehouse!

Okay, if I was being serious I would want a house in the italian countryside (Some what near a city).
It would have EVERYTHING!

- Pool.
- Spa.
- Workers.
- A good internet connection.

The Bastion from Bastion.

Caaan't fix a broken heaaart in a couple of daaays.
Love you Gavin, your song made me buy the game.

OT: It flies, has power to expand, has a distillery on board, what's not to love!?!?!?

Honestly I prefer the apperance of my house to be kind of ordinary looking (look like any other houses) well modern lookinmg with a balcony. It's the inside that will be its features.
I suppose if I wanted to nudge it up abit it will have good secruity and maybe inside a bomb shelter basement and maybe an erect wall will appear from the groudnd when there are floods or zombies about.

This house still looks pretty awesome dammit!

Ix Rebound:
it would basically be tony starks house (the one in the first movie) and i would put a photo up but i have no idea how to XD

It's in california.....

It even says it in the first movie.

For a setting, I want something like that Falling Water house.

It's a freaking *house* built over a freaking *waterfall.* Can you get more amazing? I didn't think so. The water runs through the actual house, not just under it.

My dream house is two stories, with lots of glass and big open rooms. The two stories have a balcony inside instead of a totally flat ceiling, meaning the center of the house cathedrals up to the second floor. It has lighting sliders so you can make the atmosphere whatever you really want, including changing the tone from cold to warm light, and it has a big patio with a hot tub. This is essential. Also a fireplace indoors, because hell if I'm living in a house without a fireplace. There is a spiral staircase from the first floor to the second. The outside is predominantly either stone with big glass windows or wood with big glass windows. The living room has an LED setup that makes it good for bitchin' parties.

Must be by a lake that has enough carp and whatever else to eat that stupid lake grass. A big lake, one you can waterski in. Has all the amenities of a nice modern lifestyle -- good internet connection, nice TV, gaming consoles, good computer system, all that. Also has speakers throughout the house that link up to a central sound system. One that has enough bass to shake the building. Aw yeah. :D

The bathrooms are marble, pretty spacious, with large deep tubs. There are three bedrooms, two of which are for guests and one of which is for me. There is a study on the second floor that is large and hosts all my crafting supplies and artwork and so on. The kitchen is big and tricked out, with a nice gas range, good oven (that vents to the outside, dammit, have you ever botched up a self-clean, that sucks), a bunch of kitchen equipment, a stand mixer, and all that. The kitchen joins to the living room by a wall with open windows, so that people in there can talk to people in the living room.

Because I am classy as fuck.
You can't beat a London Townhouse.
Having a whole one (or two) for myself and my family would be awesome.

Though it would be amazing to live here.

Since I evolved from tree squirrels, I am much more comfortable in spaces arranged vertically than horizontally. So something with a small footprint but multiple stories tall.

If money is no object, I would like my rooms to have round walls rather than angular ones. This wouldn't be hard architecturally, but getting furniture that works would require everything to be custom made.

So basically, what I want is a wizard's tower. I like the idea of hyperboloid structures if it's possible to coat the outside with a material to make the lattice invisible and allow the interior to be usable space, but I'm no architect so I don't know if that's possible.

Probably something like this:

I'm quite fed up of large, old houses as they require such a lot of maintenance that they're not worth the effort (my parents live in one, not me). Basically my ideal house would require minimal maintenance, have a large garden, and be as far away from people as possible.

Terminate421:

Ix Rebound:

It's in california.....

It even says it in the first movie.

was it?
i must be remembering it wrong then

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked