What is with the lack of "show, don't tell" in anime?

Pages PREV 1 2

OH MY FUCKING GOD I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THIS.

My favorite animes usually manage to avoid this for the most part, and even if it occurred I wouldn't have noticed it (There's a challenge for you, find where they violate "show, don't tell" in Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, or One Piece). Even if they did violate it, they kept it to neat little thoughts. But all the other ones I've watched, dear LORD Was it annoying. Yes, I get it that the person is able to do this now shut up and fight! Better yet, while he's flapping his gums, go in there and sock him one!

mechashiva77:
OH MY FUCKING GOD I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THIS.

My favorite animes usually manage to avoid this for the most part, and even if it occurred I wouldn't have noticed it (There's a challenge for you, find where they violate "show, don't tell" in Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, or One Piece). Even if they did violate it, they kept it to neat little thoughts. But all the other ones I've watched, dear LORD Was it annoying. Yes, I get it that the person is able to do this now shut up and fight! Better yet, while he's flapping his gums, go in there and sock him one!

While I'm a HUGE Fullmetal Alchemist fan, there are plenty of scenes where the dialogue goes along these lines;
"He Transmuted X so that it turned into Y and caused Z to happen!"

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked