Favorite TV Show Openings/ Credits

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The opening of a show gives the viewer a taste of what the show is about and what is feels like and serves to get the audience pumped for the show while having to sit through the credits.There are tons of great opening segments out there in tv land and I am curious to know what rank as some of my fellow Escapists favorites.

For me, Farscape had awesome openers all four seasons but my favorite was probably for season 3

I also love the second opening (season for 1-5) for Mystery Science Theater 3000.

I also absolutely love the theme for Star Trek: the Next Generation.

So Escapists, what are some of your favorites? Do you like the whole opening or just the theme song? Perhaps vice versa?

Megas XLR

Because I dig giant robots!

Nouw:

Ooh, nice. I dig that Baccano! Opening.

Snownine:

I'm glad you like it. There's a full version where you can hear the solo's in their full glory.

Can you guess? Well fuck you because I'm gonna tell you anyways.

Yes, both of them.

Snownine:

definitely one of the best in all of anime. It's my first purchased anime series for a reason.

OT:

would have included the world at war (documentary) opening, but it's impossible to find a version that isn't just the music.

enough for now.

Firefly. I would post it, but it doesn't seem to be uploaded.

-shrug-

sextus the crazy:

Snownine:

definitely one of the best in all of anime. It's my first purchased anime series for a reason.

OT:

would have included the world at war (documentary) opening, but it's impossible to find a version that isn't just the music.

enough for now.

After posting I realized I should have included Lucky Star.

Dangit2019:

-shrug-

i actually found that out in my thread tv intros need to die lucky for you and the rest of the world i have been known to do a bit of video editing and uploaded it myself here

EDIT: the reason it doesn't show up is it includes 1 second of copyright material lol

as for intros i said it in the other thread but tnjou tenge is a pretty good one

YOU DIG GIANT ROBOTS, I DIG GIANT ROBOTS, WE DIG GIANT ROBOTS, CHICKS DIG GIANT ROBOTS.

ladies, answer me this, do you dig giant robots?

Also, the classic:

When doing marathons of shows I tend to skip them unless I really like them. I had not realized you had made that thread Lechat, I did a quick search to make sure I was not repeating a recent thread and did not see it.

Another one I like, mostly because of the song, is Outlaw Star's intro.

Terminate421:
snip

running with that them of classics from the early 00s late 90s.

And of course, how could I forget Madoka?

lechat:

Dangit2019:

-shrug-

i actually found that out in my thread tv intros need to die lucky for you and the rest of the world i have been known to do a bit of video editing and uploaded it myself here

Well, at least my initial futile search got me my spanking new avatar. :D

Terminate421:
YOU DIG GIANT ROBOTS, I DIG GIANT ROBOTS, WE DIG GIANT ROBOTS, CHICKS DIG GIANT ROBOTS.

ladies, answer me this, do you dig giant robots?

Also, the classic:

Oh original Pokemon opening, your nostalgia level cannot even be charted.

Cowboy Bebop wins for me:

Game of Thrones is pretty cool too, though:

As a kid, the Swat Kats opening always got me pumped!

Join me, fellow children of the 80s.
Join me and rejoice in the glory of bad hair and dramatic horn sections.

I was always a fan of Ergo Proxy's opening:

Hmmm, have to think of one that's not been posted yet.

Oh, I know!

Snownine:
When doing marathons of shows I tend to skip them unless I really like them. I had not realized you had made that thread Lechat, I did a quick search to make sure I was not repeating a recent thread and did not see it.

Another one I like, mostly because of the song, is Outlaw Star's intro.

Well damn, there goes my first answer. I loved that opening, it's so damned funky. And someone already said Tank as well?

Aha, no one has said this yet! Third favourite choice, away!

Now only one other person has mentioned this one yet so I can repost it:

Firefly is not only one of the best shows I've seen but the intro song is just brilliant.

This series has had be gripped for quite a while, and the intro song is just brilliant, quite a simple theme but amazingly chilling.

Now we're going a bit more old school here, the A-Team intro song is just so fucking memorable, everyone knows this one.

Cheating a bit on this last one, it's not an intro song but it's so damn good I had to post it. It's a piece of music that plays during many episodes of the anime 'Berserk' which I watched recently.

(BTW it's the first 3-4 minutes of that video that I'm talking about)

Mathematical!

What they did to the ending of this brilliant series still makes me clench my teeth in anger, but this intro is so fucking great and minimalistic I think it deserves a mention.

Samurai Champloo. Enough said, this video speaks for itself. Well actually, I'll say this: this is one of the best animes ever made, right up there with Death Note.

My favourite would be in descending Order:Games of thrones, Firefly, Farscape, Star trek: Voyager(good music), Star trek:TNG(Patrick's Stewarts narration is the best), And LOST...

sextus the crazy:

Snownine:

OT:

enough for now.

Never enough!

there can only be one best Anime opening... and my vote goes to...

Or

Because if you're gonna rip classic art, it might as well be ripped from my favorite artist...<.<

Nouw:

I quite like the opening theme as well:

My favourite though, is:

I'm not normally into jazz, but that song is awesome.

The aforementioned Game of Thrones is very good, and I have to put this here

That show is really epic, btw.

Another that came to mind, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

And what the heck here is the season 2 opener of Farscape as well!

It's not from a TV show, but the title sequence from seven is fucking awesome.

I kinda liked the Battlestar Galactica intro.

Nice solemn music, and that image of Kara going down the fighter launch tube with the lights flashing on her face kinda became iconic to me.

Erja_Perttu:

Well damn, there goes my first answer. I loved that opening, it's so damned funky. And someone already said Tank as well?

Aha, no one has said this yet! Third favourite choice, away!

damn that brings back memories but regardless i see your xmen and raise you xmen evolution

i fall in love with shadowcat everytime i watch this

cbrichar:
Join me, fellow children of the 80s.
Join me and rejoice in the glory of bad hair and dramatic horn sections.

i find the lack of awesome disturbing.

a really good way to start a great series.

House M.D. probably has the most powerful Opening and closing credits combo.

Fringe (beautiful song and it even has the X-Files theme hidden in it at 3:28)

Gargoyles (utterly badass)

Veronica Mars (the intro somehow manages to focus all of the depressing tragedy, the avenging, and the humor into 30 seconds...)

Warehouse 13 (the weight and power of history...in musical form)

ROME

Bullet In The Face

True Blood

Eureka

Batman The Animated Series

Batman Beyond

Cowboy Bebop closing credits (The Real Folk Blues)

Knight Rider

Metalocalypse

The Venture Bros

Dexter

Elementary

Jack Of All Trades (it's a drinking song)

Stargate SG-1

Stargate Atlantis

Top Gear

Add me to the list for:
Game Of Thrones
X-Men TAS
Firefly
Cowboy Bebop
Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Sacman:

Holy Crap! Boobs on The Escapist! How did this website get better all of a sudden?

OT:

Here are a few of my personal favourites

I'd post some more but I'm basically repeating a lot of what everyone else is saying. So I'll just leave it short.

Just to name a few:

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Any version, really.)
Megas XLR
Cowboy Bebop
Batman the Animated Series
The A-Team
Firefly

And that's just all I can think of right now... I'l probably add links later.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked