Please Help Me With My Project (Middle School/High school/College)

Hello Escapists. Good day to you all.

I was wondering if you can help me with a school project I'm doing. I have a Data Management project, and my topic is "Time spent online for entertainment VS Grade Average". All data and responses are of course, kept anonymous.

So basically, what I need from you wonderful people is if you can kindly think about how much time you spend online daily for entertainment, NOT WORK, entertainment, and tell me your grade average in school. I would do a poll,but there would be too many options in the poll, so just leave your amount of hours and grade average.

All your responses will be very greatly appreciated. The more respones of course, the better. Thank you very very much in advance!

I would help but I do a lot of web development and design work so my line isn't so clear cut like most peoples.

aba1:
I would help but I do a lot of web development and design work so my line isn't so clear cut like most peoples.

I'm only asking how much time you spend online for ENTERTAINMENT. Edited the post to make it a bit clearer :)

I am generally doing stuff on the internet from 5-when I go to sleep. Minus eating and doing homework so lets call it 4-5 hours. I generally receive B's in my honors courses.

Around 6 hours or so spent online. HS GPA is 3.68 over 4 years(4.0 scale, un-weighted, slightly worse than an A- average)Classes included a range of AP Honors and normal classes.

I'm online for entertainment the majority of the day usually, unless I have a lot of uni work to do or am on campus for ages. Probably about 10-11 hours usually.

I don't have a GPA, because I'm not American. I got alright grades though, slightly above average, a few As, mostly Bs.

I'm on my computer almost my entire free time (which can be upto 13 hours) and my grade was a B-C average. I know that If I studied instead I'd get an A I can't seem to click into studying

I spend about 5 hours a day on the internet for entertainment I would guess.
As for grades:
I finished a straight A student.

unstabLized:
snip

Considering right now my job has to do with being online (and I may also drift from my work to use the internet for entertainment purposes.) I can't really give you a clear cut answer, it could be zero, it could be 8 hours a day. It depends on how much slaking off I do at work.

When I was in collage though, I spent about 4 hours a night online from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM, that will help more. I had a 3.7-3.9 GPA (So mostly A's and maybe one B for classes I really didn't care about.) I graduated with honors.

I used to spend at least 4/5 hours on a week day and a good 12 hours during the weekends playing games. And I came out with 2 A's, 3 B's, 2 C's, 2 D's and an E.

Then when I went to College I started a course linked directly with computers so it's hard to tell ('bout the same I think got a D*D* which was the highest mark possible). Now I'm studying Computer Science at University and averaging about a 2:1.

about 8 hours a day? 8sleep/8school/8games.

average 5.0 now, uni, that's like all A-s, perfect score.

unstabLized:

I was wondering if you can help me with a school project I'm doing. I have a Data Management project, and my topic is "Time spent online for entertainment VS Grade Average". All data and responses are of course, kept anonymous.

So basically, what I need from you wonderful people is if you can kindly think about how much time you spend online daily for entertainment, NOT WORK, entertainment, and tell me your grade average in school. I would do a poll,but there would be too many options in the poll, so just leave your amount of hours and grade average.

All your responses will be very greatly appreciated. The more respones of course, the better. Thank you very very much in advance!

I'm sorry but this won't work well. People here come from different countries and different countries have different education systems.

For instance in Belgium getting A's (even B's) at university is something extra-ordinary (with the odd exceptions of BS-courses). We have had courses where the average grade was "F".

So unless you classify your data by country (or even university) your data is going to be horribly misrepresenting facts.

I spend and at least 5 to 7 hours online if not more

HS GPA: 3.482 (as of graduation)
College GPA 3.43 Cum Laude (As of graduation)

These times are consistent through out most of my schooling and life, and everyone tells me to get off the computer lol I made a life out of them.

I dunno... if I'm not at uni, college or just having a generally busy day, I'll average about 3 hours of internet browsing for leisure.

Online gaming would make up about 2 hours a day on average whether I'm busy or not (I don't have a particularly overwhelmed work-based week any more), and days where I'm busy could see me online browsing for only 2 hours tops at night.

I use the internet to watch TV too, even though my connection's pretty poor and if anyone else in my household is on the internet, I get buffered pixelated crap on the screen.

I'am homeschool so I spend about 3-4 hours per day, and get A's and a b every now and then, after that, outside of family stuff and my hobbies such as warhammer and Mtg, I spend the rest of my day eating, sleeping, and playing on the pc or console (360 if anyone asks.)

About 10 hours per day for entertainment... And I got As mostly... Guess I lucked out

Uh, Around 4 hours. Possibly more.

And... My grade average? Hard to calculate really cause I took a more interesting route in life and since I got to Uni I have not had anything handed back yet.

So, going from my Higher Education Qualification... A+ student (Strait distinctions until I got the grades I needed to get into this Uni. Once I got the grades I stopped working.)

Heh. I only just recently returned to school so I'll toss my hat in the ring.

Average time spent online daily: Roughly six hours, since I range from four to nine depending on whether I'm chatting with my girlfriend.

Current grades: Three As, an A+, and two B+s. Total academic score so far: 3.85/4.00

Mind you, you should take into account that I was in first semester and caseloads/work is always lighter to avoid scaring too many students away.

That being said, to the halls of academia! Awayyyyyyy!

5-7 hours for days during the week, usually 9 hours on the weekends.

I've been holding a steady A to A- for all of my school career.

And I'm currently in highschool, if that helps with the chart or whatever.

I spent about 5-6 hours a day online while in my master's program. Completed the program with a B+/A- average. Same scenario during undergraduate...maybe a little bit higher.

At least 4-6 hours and I maintain a good 3.5 GPA. I'm in high school mind you, if I was in college this might be different

About 30 minutes to an hour, and a 3.95 GPA, unweighted. Good luck!

unstabLized:

Depends on the season. During down-time between exams I get around 6-8 hours per day of generic browsing and gaming. During exam/coursework season, it's more like 2-4.

I'm at a British University, so "grade averages" don't really translate well, but I'm part of a good university and generally rake in above the 90th percentile.

If you're only going to use results gathered like though, you may find them skewed quite heavily in favour of the over-achiever. If you were scoring awesome grades and had the opportunity to shout about it, would you? If you were scoring terrible grades and had the opportunity to shout about it, would you?

I have it on watching videos while I play on my PS3. If that counts probably about 5-6 hours a day? If not 2-3. I'm getting As in school but am at A* standard, however at my education level that isn't a receivable grade.

7-8 hours for entertainment.

For the most part I've been an A-B student (sorry we don't do GPA's here), but my last year of Uni went down hill for different reasons so I won't count that.

Good luck with your project :D

4 hours a day on entertainment.

3.5 GPA average.

Since I got a WiiU my LoL time decreased humonguesly....
I think I'm online about 1.5 hours a day and grade average in Gymnasium (I think that's HighSchool) is about 8 (4 being the lowest and 10 being the highest grade)
Back then thou I think I was mroe online so I'd say maybe 2.5 hours about...
and from Finland if that has anything to do with anything

Let's see. In high school I spent probably, on average, only about 1 hour a day online for entertainment. I graduated with a 3.67 GPA on a 4.0 scale.

I am currently a senior in college. My time online has increased in recent years, so I will say that for my first year in college I still spent 1 hour per day online and had a 3.50 GPA.
My second year I spent probably 2 hours online and had a 3.80 GPA.
My third year I started spending a lot more time alone in my room on the internet, so I will say almost 4 hours online with a 3.75 GPA.
So far, in my senior year in college I am looking at 4 to 5 hours online and a 3.85 GPA.

If you want me to put it in a single number, over the course of my college education I have spent around 3 hours a day online amusing myself on average, and have about a 3.70 GPA.

Remember that these are all estimates, as it is hard for me to remember all this for sure, and it's all average numbers. Nevertheless, I hope it helps.

2 hours a day mainly. The last college course I did I passed with a distinction, I think I got about 95%.

Er, well, I spent zero time on the interwebs for fun because it wasn't really popular at the time. I got straight As.

i usually was somewhere between B+ and C, depending on how interested i was; until the last couple of years in school, which i finished with an average of B+ (studying now) and am 27 y.o.
i spend an average of perhaps 3 hours/d online for entertainment, including listening to internet-radio while learning and watching "TV", as i don't have a real TV

have fun with your project :D

Thank you so much for the responses so far, you have all been an amazing help!

Ymbirtt:

unstabLized:

Depends on the season. During down-time between exams I get around 6-8 hours per day of generic browsing and gaming. During exam/coursework season, it's more like 2-4.

I'm at a British University, so "grade averages" don't really translate well, but I'm part of a good university and generally rake in above the 90th percentile.

If you're only going to use results gathered like though, you may find them skewed quite heavily in favour of the over-achiever. If you were scoring awesome grades and had the opportunity to shout about it, would you? If you were scoring terrible grades and had the opportunity to shout about it, would you?

I've already taken that into account as a possible bias in my data. That's also part of the project :) I'm just supposed to base my data off responses I get, so whatever response i get is acceptable as data.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked