Poll: How tall is the Escapist?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

M-M-METRIC FTW.

~176cm, haven't measured in a while. That's rather tall for an Asian dude.

If I were to get specific....6'1" & 1/2.

My whole family is fairly tall. Hell, my older brother is slightly taller than I am.

178 or 179 and still growing.
14 years old here,I'll joing the mr.average club.

6'4. I'm Dutch, and we are supposedly the tallest people on this little blue pebble.

Makes walking through old buildings a pain though. Dear god the headaches...

I am a 25 year old woman who measures to 5'5". My mom is shorter than I am , and my Brother is 6'4".
We kind of range all over the place.

Solaire of Astora:
snip

TizzytheTormentor:
snip

Yay! I no longer feel alone!

19 year old male here, and I'm 5'7"....

Ok, fine. 5'6 1/2". But I like rounding up.

6'3" here. I thought the gaps in height would be bigger, I know quite a few people around my height and taller.

6'5", maybe 6'4" and a half. Pretty close.

194 cm tall.
I think it's 6'4 or something. 'mericuns really need to catch up with the rest of the world.

Im glad that even though the OP specifically said I don't know metric every other post still has to gripe about it. I swear if metric was the underdog and you used it I would bitch at you I would just do some damn converting and answer the damn question.

anywho.... 5'11 and change for me

TopazFusion:

About 176cm

Mr Average here.

NO FUCKING WAY!!!

I come into a thread about LENGTH, FUC**NG LENGHT!!!
and I get ninjad' by the first post
seriously guys -.-

197cm here at the age of 25.

I don't think I will grow more at this age,but hey,things might happen.

PS: Of course I'm male,being female with that height would be..."interesting" to say the least, but I haven't seen girls taller than 180cm in my city.

Solaire of Astora:
5'5".

...18 year old male ;_;...

Same here (well, I'm only 17. But still...)
It doesn't help that I'm from an area where pretty much everyone is around 6'0.

6'4 or 193cm for the rest of the world. Of course being tall isn't always good...

25 year old male, 6'2''.

Which is weird, I don't really feel tall.

About 1,80 meter

Which is fairly average here in The Netherlands. I know tons of people taller than me.

I got no clue as to what option that is in your poll so I decided not to pick anything.

I'm 179 cm the last time I checked, but I'll probably still grow a couple of centimetres. At least I hope I will.

The Metric System! I'm 174 cm tall.

clean hands

Libra:
6'4. I'm Dutch, and we are supposedly the tallest people on this little blue pebble.

Wait what about the Scandinavians? I don't remember the people from the Lower Countries being known specifically for being tall...

Well then I will use measurements I am familiar with, the length of my finger. I will then ask you to give me your height in fingers.

The SI system is there for a reason, use it.

From a less silly part of the world!

around 165-170 cm, I haven't checked in a long time and I'm still growing.

I'm 5' 10" and shrinking.

Lot of tall people here at The Escapist. I blame the Nordic folks...

Damn Vikings!
(statement made out of jealousy from a short Indian guy...)

I'm 6 foot 4, actually short for a guy on my Dad's side of the family. My dad and Grandad were 6 foot 8, my great grandad was about 7 foot.

188cm which is 6'2" in your infidel measurements :P

I am 25 apples tall. That's about 5'3-4 without shoesies.

It varies during the day. Right now I'd be all tiny because I'm all hunched over in pain.

I also don't get the cm, it's hard to visualise. I think I'm 160something cm. Is it just America that doesn't use feet as a measurement? D:

well... i will abstain from voting, but i will say, that i am about 180cm... nothing too special... and i think i am the tallest person in my immediate family...

Eclipse Dragon:

uchytjes:
Simple question. How tall are you? Measurements are in inches and feet because they are the measurements that i'm familiar with.

I am 4'11, or exactly 5 feet (152 cm), depending on who measures my height.
Anyone here shorter than me?

:O
WOw you are tiny.... Hehe tiny dragon.

I'm about 6'5 (about 198cm). Still growing too :D

Beffudled Sheep:

Eclipse Dragon:

uchytjes:
Simple question. How tall are you? Measurements are in inches and feet because they are the measurements that i'm familiar with.

I am 4'11, or exactly 5 feet (152 cm), depending on who measures my height.
Anyone here shorter than me?

:O
WOw you are tiny.... Hehe tiny dragon.

I'm about 6'5 (about 198cm). Still growing too :D

Tiny dragons can do big things...

I'm taller than 5'3" but not quite 5'4" so around 161 cm. I don't feel like I'm tiny but I always get trampled and sat on by bigger people.

I'm among the shorter people here. 172 cm last time is the thing that it says in my passport, but I might have grown a little since then.

im 5'10/5'11 which is average for a young man my age, although many of my friends are giants and tower over me like century old trees. but i hope i will grow to a full 6 feet just to be rounded, and considering my euesight has change that may happen. but if it doesn't im cool with it im conformable with my height.

w9496:
6'1.

I find it strange that I'm closer to the average height on the Escapist, but I was one of the tallest kids in my graduating class.

Tell me about it, since going to University I've realised how tall everyone else is. I'd never felt short at 6"1 until then... D:

I think I'm 5'8 (can't be bother to get out an measuring tape). I think I am abit tad short when compared to the people I know however I had met people who are shorter than me.

1.88m which is just about 6'2". That's just over average in my country. The Dutch are still the tallest in the world. ^^

I'm 6 foot something, but cant remember what my height was exactly its been a few years since I checked, so its probably increased since the last time I measured. Also feet and inches should always be the measurement for height, just as distance should be measured in miles, car speed in miles per hour and burger weight in pounds and ounces. We can use metric for everything else though which is basically the way our bastardised version of measurements works in the UK :D.

Mau95:

Libra:

Wait what about the Scandinavians? I don't remember the people from the Lower Countries being known specifically for being tall...

Some study or report or some such thing found that the Netherlands had the highest average height out of all the other countries in the world (the countries they had data for anyway), but i do believe the Scandinavians did also rank rather highly in the list as well.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked