21.8% (183)
21.8% (183)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How tall is the Escapist?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Solaire of Astora:
5'5".

...18 year old male ;_;...

I'm still holding out a hope that I might eventually get a little bit taller but it's starting to die out.

Don't sweat it if you're not as tall as others. There will always be someone taller, stronger or faster.

I'm 6'0 or 183 cm, like most of you guys here. Also known as the average height for the a 15 year old.

22 year old male, 5'4"

Wish I was a little closer to a average height for my age; people seem to assume I'm 16 if I shave.

Well I'm currently having a growth spurt so I'm not quite sure what I am at the moment. Last time I checked I was around about 5 foot 3, which was a couple of months back.

Eclipse Dragon:

Interesting... I know I should say more, but that's really the best reaction I have other than...
"It's strange how a sentence beginning in "I'm not racist, but..." is usually followed by something racist."

I wonder if people in the klan ever say things like "I am racist, but-".

OT: yeah I'm about six foot. I've not been measured in ages but I know Dad's about 6'2" and I'm slightly shorter.

182 centimeters, according to my passport. Pretty much spot on average up here in Norway, I think.

What that is in inches, though, I have no clue. That's all gibberish to me.

I'm a female at 5'4. I am usually one of the shortest people in any given room, which isn't probably that difficult considering my flatmates are around 6 foot or taller. The only other lass that I live with is 5'7. I don't mind being quite short to be honest.

I'm not clicking anything above because I fall between 5'10 - 5'11'. I'm relatively tall but I manage to work around and, end up surrounded by people taller than I am. I could have sworn 5'10/5'11 was above the average height!

Chapper:
182 centimeters, according to my passport. Pretty much spot on average up here in Norway, I think.

Fahrenheit is actually based on three points and none of them the boiling point of water.

0 degrees is defined as the temperature of an equal mixture of water, ice and ammonium chloride.
32 degrees is defined as the temperature of an equal mixture of water and ice.
96 degrees is defined as the temperature of a healthy human body.

Which probably makes the situation even more laughable.

Mau95:

Libra:
6'4. I'm Dutch, and we are supposedly the tallest people on this little blue pebble.

Makes walking through old buildings a pain though. Dear god the headaches...

Wait what about the Scandinavians? I don't remember the people from the Lower Countries being known specifically for being tall...

It apparently has to do with our protein-rich diet for children or something. And genetics of course. The Dutch government even had to change building construction laws to take height into account.

176cm, maybe 177cm. 5'9" according to my fellow American Escapists.

Solaire of Astora:
5'5".

I'm still holding out a hope that I might eventually get a little bit taller but it's starting to die out.

My dad is 5' 5''. Yuri Gagarin was 5' 2'', and he was almost as cool. Being small gives you so much more leg room.

Hagi:

Chapper:

Fahrenheit is actually based on three points and none of them the boiling point of water.

0 degrees is defined as the temperature of an equal mixture of water, ice and ammonium chloride.
32 degrees is defined as the temperature of an equal mixture of water and ice.
96 degrees is defined as the temperature of a healthy human body.

Which probably makes the situation even more laughable.

None of the imperial measurements are arbitrary. It's just that they originate from a time before standardized forms of measurement and where each trade had its own units.

About 187cm last I checked, so slightly above 6'2". Seems that there are a weirdly large amount of people here...

Solaire of Astora:
5'5".

Small guys often make up for it with a cool personality.

geK0:
22 year old male, 5'4"

Wish I was a little closer to a average height for my age; people seem to assume I'm 16 if I shave.

People do the same to me even at 5'11", even if I don't shave because I can't grow a full beard. I remember when I was 17, I was already 5'11" and strangers would assume I was some abnormally tall 15 year old rather than assume I looked younger.

Honestly, this thread is thrown off by how male dominated the Escapist is. It should've been done in standard deviations from a set average height for both genders.

USA here, but I'm 173cm. I feel short now.

Swedish male. 183cm, because metric system > derp system.
In derp system, that would be 6ft, almost exactly.

uchytjes:
Simple question. How tall are you? Measurements are in inches and feet because they are the measurements that i'm familiar with.

6'8"

And no, I am not exaggerating in the slightest. I'm the biggest guy in the room pretty much always.

5 feet 2 inches.

I'm 29 years old & very male, by the way.
I'm VERY good at standing on my toes and, erm, climbing.

Suck it.

about 6'3.75"
By comparison my dad was 5'4" and my mother is 5'2"

TopazFusion:
Well sir, I'm going to use measurements that I'm familiar with.

dealwithit.gif

About 176cm

Mr Average here.

Damn straight. Get you shit together Americans (or Liberians or Burmese). I just so happen to be 1,76 myself. Except here that is a few cm below average.

TizzytheTormentor:

Solaire of Astora:
5'5".

I'm 19 and 5.5 and was picked on quite a bit as a kid for being so short...hasn't given me any problems now though! Just wish I was a tad taller.

I envy you. I'm 6"4 and I tend to hit my head on everything that hangs from the ceiling. Look at it as a blessing of a sort.

I'm 23 years old and have been 5ft 1 since i was 14 :( I don't mind being small but there are times when and entra inch or 2 would be nice.

21 years old

Somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11" so I guess a bit taller than average.

I didn't hit my growth spurt until I was about 17 tough. Got to walk around at a healthy 5'3" for most of my teenage years. That was fun :)

TheLastFeeder:

TizzytheTormentor:

Solaire of Astora:
5'5".

I'm 19 and 5.5 and was picked on quite a bit as a kid for being so short...hasn't given me any problems now though! Just wish I was a tad taller.

I envy you. I'm 6"4 and I tend to hit my head on everything that hangs from the ceiling. Look at it as a blessing of a sort.

I started seeing it as a blessing when my uncle (6"8) kept hitting his head on everything that hangs from our ceiling every time he visited!

Somewhere between 185 and 190cm. I'm fairly tall, but it's far from a rare sight where I live.

Dags90:

geK0:
22 year old male, 5'4"

People do the same to me even at 5'11", even if I don't shave because I can't grow a full beard. I remember when I was 17, I was already 5'11" and strangers would assume I was some abnormally tall 15 year old rather than assume I looked younger.

Honestly, this thread is thrown off by how male dominated the Escapist is. It should've been done in standard deviations from a set average height for both genders.

People do the same crap to me. 5'11" going on 22 and people assume I'm either 15 or 16. DAMN THIS BABY FACE! Supposedly it pays off in the end though...
Yeah, I don't think it has too much to do with your height and has more to do with your facial features.

How about we use the smart units of measurement, because i'm too lazy to google how tall i am when i'm about 185cm

Dags90:

geK0:
22 year old male, 5'4"

That seems weird, did you just have a very young looking face? or was it more to do with how you dressed and acted? For me it's sort of all the above (Unless I'm in a professional environment, in which case I dress and act more maturely)

I don't think proper statistical methods are really necessary for a casual thread on a gaming forum.

166cm, Male. Small for a male, but really nothing extraordinary.

Roughly 5'10", though it says 5'7" on my driver's license for some weird reason. Maybe I grew 3" since I first got my license, which I guess isn't unheard of, since I was 17 at the time, and I'm 23 now.

I'm 6'4" and at 20 I would imagine at my max height which I'm pretty happy with; once you reach six foot you stop counting as my dad would say. Still, there seem to be quite a lot of tall buggers here on the Escapist. 0_0 The higher caffeine intake among gamers screw up our growth or something? Also, I'm thinking I really need to pay a visit to Holland some time. :3

geK0:
That seems weird, did you just have a very young looking face? or was it more to do with how you dressed and acted? For me it's sort of all the above (Unless I'm in a professional environment, in which case I dress and act more maturely)

I don't think proper statistical methods are really necessary for a casual thread on a gaming forum.

I think it's just the face. Most people think I'm pretty good company, and I just wear normal guy clothes...polo, jeans, hoodies. If anything I'm more maturely dressed than your average frat broseph. I guess it's because my head is kinda small and I have a weak chin? I'm also really skinny so I sorta look like I just went through a growth spurt. I had to stop saying "I just graduated" to strangers because they'd assume I meant high school. Now I say "I just got my degree."

I think it's very necessary for the poll options. They're sort of meaningless as is.

5'10''. Apparently the escapist is populated by giants.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked