4.3% (10)
I kill my self
4.7% (11)
4.7% (11)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: You are cursed!?!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

HEEELLLO Escapist how are you?
In today I will give you a choice between a number of pocurses your job is to choose one (and yes you have to) and then say why and what you plan to do with this new gift!

1:Read minds of every one in the nearby area-can't turn it of will constantly hear all thoughts,will only hear what they are currently thinking.
2: Possess any ones body through touch-old body will die,can not be controlled once you touch it activates.
3:control minds to do what ever you think- Can not be turned of every thought is a command,old commands can not be overwritten,no new commands can be given while old one are in progress,done through thought.

So what do you choose, me i would read minds as I already live out in the bush with only man family for company ^_^

P.S Should this go in forum games?

I'd pick 2, because I rarely make physical contact with anyone as is plus I could use a good body swap this one is riddled with arthritis.

xmbts:
I'd pick 2, because I rarely make physical contact with anyone as is plus I could use a good body swap this one is riddled with arthritis.

Makes sense,sorry to hear about your arthritis,who's body would you swap with?

Option 1 would suck because I'd have to isolate myself from everyone just to be able to get any sleep. It's my second choice as it would likely drive me mad.

Option 2 is not a choice. I'd suicide--remember that this means NO SEX for the rest of your lives, folks.

I'd pick the 3rd option and practice until I got perfect at administering "neutral" commands which--hopefully--left the recipient effectively 'unaffected', though it would probably end up being a case by case basis. If I just said "Carry on as you have been doing" to someone walking by they might walk until they collapse.

Hopefully the OP's scenario isn't that kind of "Take it to the extreme EVERY TIME" kind of scenario.

The third one sounds awesome, sign me up.

knight steel:

xmbts:

Good question, since I'd be effectively killing them in the process it'd be a tough pick. Or would we just share? :o

I'd pick number 3, since it would basically let me because Lelouch from Code Geass.

xmbts:

knight steel:

xmbts:

Good question, since I'd be effectively killing them in the process it'd be a tough pick. Or would we just share? :o

Sure you could share but then you run the risk of the person taking over and wiping your mind from existence :P

Copper Zen:
Option 1 would suck because I'd have to isolate myself from everyone just to be able to get any sleep. It's my second choice as it would likely drive me mad.

Option 2 is not a choice. I'd suicide--remember that this means NO SEX for the rest of your lives, folks.

I'd pick the 3rd option and practice until I got perfect at administering "neutral" commands which--hopefully--left the recipient effectively 'unaffected', though it would probably end up being a case by case basis. If I just said "Carry on as you have been doing" to someone walking by they might walk until they collapse.

Hopefully the OP's scenario isn't that kind of "Take it to the extreme EVERY TIME" kind of scenario.

It is :P It's not called a curse for nothing you know,also It's every little thought you think, regardless of what it is.
So lets say your at a bar and some one accidentally bumps into you and you thinking "fucking idiot" that person will permanently become stupid because of your "command".

Dirty Hipsters:
I'd pick number 3, since it would basically let me because Lelouch from Code Geass.

That's were i got the idea from (it's on of my fav animes) Although just like him you would have to be carefully or you could create a tragedy like the Princess Massacre!

knight steel:

xmbts:

knight steel:

Sure you could share but then you run the risk of the person taking over and wiping your mind from existence :P

I'm sure we could reach an reasonable agreement.

Number 3, number 1 would get annoying very fast and as for number 2, no contact ever again? Fuck that, it would be cool to take over someone's body but autotransferring whenever you next touch someone-else would take the fun out of it. At-least with number 3 it could be controlled to an extent without impacting greatly on my daily life.

xmbts:

knight steel:

xmbts:

Interesting considering how you have forcefully possessed them and will kill them if you ever touch another living soul thereby permanently isolating them how would you reach an reasonable agreement?

JoJo:
Number 3, number 1 would get annoying very fast and as for number 2, no contact ever again? Fuck that, it would be cool to take over someone's body but autotransferring whenever you next touch someone-else would take the fun out of it. At-least with number 3 it could be controlled to an extent without impacting greatly on my daily life.

How would you prevent accidentally giving an unconscious thought that could harm people?
Remember every thought you think becomes life altering commands for any one nearby!

Does curse 3 mean when I tell them to do something, they are under my control or just saying anything will do it? If it's the first part then I can simply tell them "carry on as usual" or " don't do whatever I say when I have mind control powers" will simply solve the curse I think.

I think I would go with curse 1 as I would like to believe I can still phase out any personal information or stuff being said well think against me as I do in real life (don't care on people opinion on the way I looked).

Scarim Coral:
Does curse 3 mean when I tell them to do something, they are under my control or just saying anything will do it? If it's the first part then I can simply tell them "carry on as usual" or " don't do whatever I say when I have mind control powers" will simply solve the curse I think.

I think I would go with curse 1 as I would like to believe I can still phase out any personal information or stuff being said well think against me as I do in real life (don't care on people opinion on the way I looked).

Just thinking anything will activate it, example: So lets say your at a bar and some one accidentally bumps into you and you think "jump of a bridge" subconsciously without realizing it that person will now go and jump of the nearest bridge they find.

I'll go with 1. Then I'll not have to worry about being lied to ever again.

I don't think I have enough self-discipline to bear the other two. But I would take them if I lost everyone I care about.

2 means no physical contact at all under any circumstances. I don't want to lose my body just yet.

3 would mean the death of the entire human race.

MammothBlade:
I'll go with 1. Then I'll not have to worry about being lied to ever again.

I don't think I have enough self-discipline to bear the other two. But I would take them if I lost everyone I care about.

2 means no physical contact at all under any circumstances. I don't want to lose my body just yet.

3 would mean the death of the entire human race.

Hey we choose the same one and for (mostly)the exact same reasons give me a brofist

Well definitely not number 2

I might end up accidentally killing people with number 3

So I have to pick number 1, I might get used to the noise eventually, and mind reading could come in handy.

If I was in control of the third one I get the feeling that a lot of people would find themselves involuntarily fucking right off.

Definitely 3.

Just think of all the fun I could have with all my new minions.

Copper Zen:

And this is different how?

It's a curse, therefore I'd say it's taken to the extreme every time.

OT: They're all so enticing! #3 seems cool but would routinely cause large numbers of people to kill themselves or at least have horrific accidents. Someone will notice I'm the center of it. I think I'd pick #2. I already keep my hands to myself. This way when I get old and tired I have a way out.

knight steel:

xmbts:

knight steel:

Interesting considering how you have forcefully possessed them and will kill them if you ever touch another living soul thereby permanently isolating them how would you reach an reasonable agreement?

Discuss it prior to the possession obviously.

3 wouldn't be very hard as a programmer, programs apply set rules and so I only have to think like that

hi; i'm doing well, thanks; and i'd pick #1

sounds quite neat, and basically it's noise in your brain which you cannot turn off - so the same thing as soundwaves, BUT with the added bonus that i'll always know what the person i'm talking to is thinking

you could become a master manipulator, an incredible mind-reader (The Mentalist, anyone?), a lie-detector for your government/secret service or some shit, be an awesome cop or (medical) psychotherapist, be the éminence grise behind... whatever
i almost only see win-situations there! :D

of course, on the downside, as they put it in Urza's Saga: "The most disappointing thing about learning telepathy is finding out how boring people really are." -Teferi, fourth-level student

i'm gonna take that risk - gimme mind reading!!

Number 1 is horrible as you would go mad from it

Number 2 is horrible because you can never touch any one ever again (at least not in the sence you want to be touching people) so you would go mad

Number 3 is horrible because you must now keep extreme controll on your thoughts and you would go mad

As maddnes is not something I aspire too I would propably kill myself

ALL OF THEM.

"So when'll that government-sanctioned private island be ready for me to move into, huh? And a chocolate lake would be nice too. You know, like the one in Willy Wonka? What's that? I'm acting bossy? Yeah that's right motherfucker I can read your mind. Better start working on that lake before I mind-control you to do the Chicken Dance in public!"

...I'm sure it would work out just like that.

knight steel:
Just thinking anything will activate it, example: So lets say your at a bar and some one accidentally bumps into you and you think "jump of a bridge" subconsciously without realizing it that person will now go and jump of the nearest bridge they find.

Damn it. That was my choice until you made it "Blessed with Suck" thing. I'm assuming I can't affect myself, right? I kinda wanted to play Code Geass Death Note with the world (people who asked for it) if I had that ability. Okay, now I'm sounding like Kira...

Option 3.
All I need to do is stop thinking stuff like "Go die in a fire." and I generally don't think that stuff.
Or, every time I see someone I will never want to control, I could command them to act as they normally do, thus making them immune to my power (as that command will ALWAYS be in progress. LOOPHOLES, HO!)

Probably #3.

I don't think many of my thoughts come in the form of commands, it's usually "I wonder..." or a question to myself. Which at best would do nothing and at worst would make other people wonder about the same things I'm wondering about.

Not worried about subconscious thoughts as that's just not how your subconsciousness works. Having thoughts is exactly what divides your consciousness and subconsciousness.

I'd probably go with Option 1, mainly because it's the only one that won't potentially hurt people. I mean, being forced to invade other people's minds constantly isn't really a harmless thing, and if I couldn't find a way around it or control it I could very well go insane, but the other two could possibly wipe out the human race, or at the very least force me to never be around anyone ever again.

Option 1 will probably be unpleasant, but at least I'll be the only one suffering.

What a horrible night to have a curse...

Definitely one. I'm a bit of a loner to being with, so am not in particular danger of going insane from random mental clutter. It should come in handy from time to time anyways, I've always strived to objectively understand those around me.

Two might be controllable, and I could even turn it to my advantage if I had to live with it. I can think of a few degenerates in this world who I would not mind assuming their place just long enough to dismantle their work before leaving a corpse behind. but outside of any possible forays into excising the human tumors of the world, I would not care to live in fear of physical contact with random innocents.

As for three... I'd rather die than unwittingly turn those around me into slaves.

3 seems the most easily abusable for someone who doesn't care about other people - so sign me up!

Certainly the first. I do wonder what people think. I'd just practice trying to get used to hearing all those thoughts in my head at once. And I'd never have to worry about being tricked...

Given 2 I could never touch someone I care about and if I do then I'd kill them. Touching anyone would be killing them. No thanks.

For 3 I think things too impulsively. I don't act on my random thoughts, but if there's suddenly a need for me to stop thinking them altogether... that's not gonna be good.

Well option one sounds absolutely awful, I feel like hurting people when I'm surrounded by people who won't shut up, so can you imagine having to listen to people constantly think? Option two and three sound pretty decent moral implications aside. I think I'd go for option two though, you want to be instantly good at swimming? Swap with a swimming athlete, have the sudden desire to experiment with the other sex? Change body. Really old and want to live another ninety years? Change body with a kid and your back to being young again. Sure the no physical contact thing is crap, but if you wore gloves all the time and made sure your body was covered then it wouldn't be too bad.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked