I kill my self
4.7% (11)
4.7% (11)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: You are cursed!?!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

TrilbyWill:
Option 3.
All I need to do is stop thinking stuff like "Go die in a fire." and I generally don't think that stuff.
Or, every time I see someone I will never want to control, I could command them to act as they normally do, thus making them immune to my power (as that command will ALWAYS be in progress. LOOPHOLES, HO!)

Oooh that's a good one. Make all my friends and family immune to it.

Copper Zen:
Option 1 would suck because I'd have to isolate myself from everyone just to be able to get any sleep. It's my second choice as it would likely drive me mad.

Option 2 is not a choice. I'd suicide--remember that this means NO SEX for the rest of your lives, folks.

So I guess this is where my necrophillia comes in handy, right guys?
Eh? Eh? Eh?
...Eh?

Nevermind. I dunno, probably the first one. I guess I could live with that one. It would be a huge ego boost if people were being nice, and I'm already cynical as fuck so if they weren't it wouldn't surprise me...

Hagi:
Probably #3.

I don't think many of my thoughts come in the form of commands, it's usually "I wonder..." or a question to myself. Which at best would do nothing and at worst would make other people wonder about the same things I'm wondering about.

Not worried about subconscious thoughts as that's just not how your subconsciousness works. Having thoughts is exactly what divides your consciousness and subconsciousness.

Ya but it only takes one dark or angry thought to completely ruin someone's life. Imagine that you're at some restaurant and one of the customers has gotten a bit drunk. He jumps on his table and starts yelling. You think something along the lines of: "what an ape..." You have just doomed him to live out the rest of his life with the mind of an ape. Perfectly natural thoughts would no longer be acceptable because you may accidentally ruin lives over nothing with simple japes.

I'd go with number 1. Maybe I could get used to it. Maybe not. I'd have to keep it a secret because I doubt anyone would want to be around a person who can hear every thought they have.

Note: If you combine 1 and 3, even with the most disciplined mind, it's only a matter of time before you've either ruined or killed everyone around you because by hearing other people's thoughts you are essentially putting those thoughts into your mind.

knight steel:
**snip**

CRAP! I clicked the wrong option. I meant Option 1 - better I go slowly insane than everyone around me dies pointlessly. But I accidentally clicked 2. Ugh, worst option.

If possible, though, I'd go with Option 4: make a contract with Kyubey.

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Number 1. I have enough going through my head so any nearby thoughts would just be swept up in the endless torrent. Also the other 2 go against my entire moral code. Snooping is fine but full on takeover is a no no.

3 could get problematic pretty quickly. People around me would be doing all kinds of crazy/dangerous crap.
2 would essentially give you immortality, but also, no sex ever.
1 could net you a fuckton of money by becoming a bona fide psychic, but it would get old fast. I guess I'd pick this, assuming that it only works in quite a small area? Like... a couple of metres? I'd be ok with that.

I'd pick number 1. As unpleasant as it might be, the mind reading could come in handy, especially when there aren't too many people around. And maybe I could eventually learn to hone in on the specific person who's mind I want to read, even in a crowd. I think it would be far to easy for me to hurt someone with either 2 or 3, inadvertently or otherwise.

If no commands can be overwritten, I'd take 3 and straight up go with 'everyone carry on as normal' That way if I inadvertently told someone to go die then they wouldnt as it wouldnt be normal. So Nyah.

In all seriousness though, they'd all have pretty much the same result for me, ie I'd top myself/if that wasnt possible i'd go and live in isolation. Couldnt deal with the risk for 2 and 3, and would be driven mad by 1. Though I suppose with 1 you might get used to it in the same way you tune out traffic or that voice that tells you to burn things.

Option 1. I figure at a certain point it'll all sound like white noise. I also have a tendency to tune out of boring conversations so the sounds are coming in but none of it is registering so I'm guessing I could probably figure out how to do that mentally as well.

Option 1.
Make it big in gambling, buy and island, build a castle on it, live alone.

If my thoughts infect those around me, there will probably be a lot more of the following occurring in public:

Sex
Musical Numbers
People moving out of they way and walking on the right freaking side of the hallway.
More sex

And a few others.

To everyone saying one, think about what would happen when you're around close family or friends, and they start thinking about...ahem...unpleasant things.

I'd go with number 1.

Two is no go. Because I touch people. I'm not all touchy feely but sometimes I lean over someone's shoulder or poke them to get their attention. Hell, sometimes you touch by accident! I don't wanna have to worry about losing my current body and jumping into another at the slightest thing. And what's gonna happen to the person I'm possessing?

Neither is three an option. I'm the type of person when I get mad or annoyed can say things like: "choke on a stick." I'd be horrified to see someone literally going out and trying to find a stick to shove down their throats. I just couldn't risk it.

At least number one seems the most manageable. Maybe I can't turn off the thoughts but who says I can't isolate them somewhere. Or at least mute them or turn them into whispers.

Dangit2019:

If my thoughts infect those around me, there will probably be a lot more of the following occurring in public:

Sex
Musical Numbers
People moving out of they way and walking on the right freaking side of the hallway.
More sex

And a few others.

To everyone saying one, think about what would happen when you're around close family or friends, and they start thinking about...ahem...unpleasant things.

Better than getting mad and accidentally mind controlling them into agreeing with you on everything because you think "You should be able to see that"

Number 1. After awhile you will get used to the extra noise. I can also move to the country for quiet.

No.2 just seems like you would get a ton of people killed. No.3 the one day you screw up and think "I hate you I wish you were dead". Bam they kill themselves.

xmbts:

knight steel:

xmbts:

I'm sure we could reach an reasonable agreement.

Interesting considering how you have forcefully possessed them and will kill them if you ever touch another living soul thereby permanently isolating them how would you reach an reasonable agreement?

Discuss it prior to the possession obviously.

Ahh I see well that would be an interesting conversation.....how would you convince them, I mean even if you do it before hand It would still be pretty hard to get them to go along with it?

thesilentman:

knight steel:
Just thinking anything will activate it, example: So lets say your at a bar and some one accidentally bumps into you and you think "jump of a bridge" subconsciously without realizing it that person will now go and jump of the nearest bridge they find.

Damn it. That was my choice until you made it "Blessed with Suck" thing. I'm assuming I can't affect myself, right? I kinda wanted to play Code Geass Death Note with the world (people who asked for it) if I had that ability. Okay, now I'm sounding like Kira...

Of course it's blessed with suck it's a curse after all! As for sounding like Kira well lets just pause to remember how that all turned out shall we!

Bara_no_Hime:

knight steel:
**snip**

CRAP! I clicked the wrong option. I meant Option 1 - better I go slowly insane than everyone around me dies pointlessly. But I accidentally clicked 2. Ugh, worst option.

If possible, though, I'd go with Option 4: make a contract with Kyubey.

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Nooooooooooo you have destroyed my precious poll how could you!
Also what the hell is a Kyubey?

Im already good at ignoring crazy in my head, but I can't stop it from still showing up. Also I would hate living without ever being able to touch again. With that in mind 2 and 3 would result in alot of dead people so I would have to go with 1.

Is option 3 even a curse? I'd go with that one. I rarely think about people in the form of commands so it wouldn't affect me unless I wanted to think of people in the form of commands in order to get them to do what I want. I could get my room mate to clean my room once, I would just have to phrase the command properly in order to make sure he wouldn't do it for all eternity.

As for the other options. Reading people's minds sounds just horrible. At times it would be practical, but without the ability to turn it off it would be hell. Every time I am on a really crowded bus I am about to lose my mind because of the noise and lack of space around me. Now let's say I can also read the minds of all those people while I'm at it. It would be several times worse. Now I could sit in a library trying to concentrate and people all over would disturb me with their thinking.

Option 2 would mean no physical contact. Not shaking hands when you're at a job interview, never giving a proper greeting when you meet a new person, never hugging, kissing or fucking anyone. Now let's say you get it. Your body will die. The last person to see you alive is you. Now you're a possible murder suspect since you died in the same room as you.

Curse three. When you said you can't override previous orders until they're completed you kinda gave an easy way out. Just give out the command to act as they would were I not to have such powers, and to do so for all eternity. Hey Presto, no matter what orders I give them they are bound by my first order for eternity, which is to act as if I was unable to order them around.
Basically, nothing happens, except in dire situations when I meet someone for the first time who intends me harm - say someone trying to mug me - I can tell them to go home and rethink their life.

Curse one.
Hearing thoughts would be useful beyond words. Though it would no doubt be incredibly annoying to be around multiple people, I think the benefits would eclipse the downsides easily. I usually sit alone in front of my computer with most of my social contact happening through IRC and Skype anyway.

Option 2 is ruled out immediately. Semi-immortality, sure, but also technically murder. Never being able to touch another person? No more physical intimacy? No thank you.

Option 3 would just be boring. Everyone around you would in essence cease to be people and become drones acting out your thoughts. It's be a lonely life.

Joccaren:
Curse three. When you said you can't override previous orders until they're completed you kinda gave an easy way out. Just give out the command to act as they would were I not to have such powers, and to do so for all eternity. Hey Presto, no matter what orders I give them they are bound by my first order for eternity, which is to act as if I was unable to order them around.
Basically, nothing happens, except in dire situations when I meet someone for the first time who intends me harm - say someone trying to mug me - I can tell them to go home and rethink their life.

Dammit you clever bastard, but still even with that loophole you have to be extremely careful as it's a curse it will go out of it's way to make you screw up, you would have to give that commands instantly to every person you met even those just walking down the street outside your house, as commands can be given even if your not aware of the person, combine this with the uncertain range your commands might have and it's going to be difficult!

So is there anyone else who wants to have a go at choosing!

Curse one. I always want to know what people are really thinking, the true honesty behind the fake smile. I know a lot of it might be bad and possibly damage my self esteem a little (Imagine everyone gossiping about you to your face) though I still think I`d want the brutal, non-sugar coated honesty. The other two seem to be more annoying
Curse two. It would suck not having contact with people anymore (and are they gone forever when you take their body? or just suppressed?) because this way I could essentially become immortal, taking one body as my last one dies.
Curse three. I`d say `Copper Zen said it very well

Copper Zen:
I'd pick the 3rd option and practice until I got perfect at administering "neutral" commands which--hopefully--left the recipient effectively 'unaffected', though it would probably end up being a case by case basis. If I just said "Carry on as you have been doing" to someone walking by they might walk until they collapse.

with this one you`d have to be REALLY careful with your commands

knight steel:

Sorry! Just subtract one from Option 2 and add it to Option 1 for a correct number.

And this is Kyubey -> /人◕‿‿◕人\

Isn't he cute?

For additional information, watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Great show, short, and then you will understand.

xmbts:
I'd pick 2, because I rarely make physical contact with anyone as is plus I could use a good body swap this one is riddled with arthritis.

you would go for a famous or attractive person, is that right?
lets say, yes.

so as a famous and/or attractive person you would shake hands or have a sexual relationship with someone.
which would lead to a lot of new bodies and/or necrophilia.

------------------------------------

knight steel:
HEEELLLO Escapist how are you?
In today I will give you a choice between a number of pocurses your job is to choose one (and yes you have to) and then say why and what you plan to do with this new gift!

1:Read minds of every one in the nearby area-can't turn it of will constantly hear all thoughts,will only hear what they are currently thinking.
2: Possess any ones body through touch-old body will die,can not be controlled once you touch it activates.
3:control minds to do what ever you think- Can not be turned of every thought is a command,old commands can not be overwritten,no new commands can be given while old one are in progress,done through thought.

So what do you choose, me i would read minds as I already live out in the bush with only man family for company ^_^

P.S Should this go in forum games?

i take number one.

number two is worthless since you cant avoid to come into contact with anyone and you would change a lot of bodies in a year. the guilt having "killed" a lot of people would lead you to isolate yourself from the world.

number 3 is bad since you sometimes cant control every thought you have.
and singing along with a song in your head would cause more chaos..

so number one is the only curse that is quite handy.
you can work as a policeman and fight crime or become the best mentalist in the world and so on.

and you know what you could be doing wrong when you hit on a girl...

Well No. 2 would be cool until I got the impulse to fuck ladies... Well... I guess my fresh previous body would be- *punches self* No!

*sigh* If I chose 3 I'd create a massive orgy and/or massacre in my wake. If I chose 1 I'd go insane... Yeah, I'd just kill myself...

Uh....#1 is really the only option for me. It's pretty much the only one that doesn't involve killing other people(Number 3 would, as I probably couldn't help a thought slip into my head like, "you, kill that person right there").

#1 would probably drive me insane, but at least I'm the only one affected by it.

I'd pick number 2. Lack of physical contact (as in skin to skin) wont be an issue. I've managed this long with very little of it! I could still give hugs I guess, as long as I'm careful. Wearing gloves and such should minimise the risk of accidental body snatching.

Number 1 would do the least damage. Then again, I only hear like 3% of everyone's thoughts already, and I have to stop myself from attacking them. If i heard everything, I'd lose it pretty quickly.

rhizhim:

xmbts:
I'd pick 2, because I rarely make physical contact with anyone as is plus I could use a good body swap this one is riddled with arthritis.

lets say, yes.

so as a famous and/or attractive person you would shake hands or have a sexual relationship with someone.

knight steel:
In today I will give you a choice between a number of pocurses your job is to choose one (and yes you have to) and then say why and what you plan to do with this new gift!

1:Read minds of every one in the nearby area-can't turn it of will constantly hear all thoughts,will only hear what they are currently thinking.
2: Possess any ones body through touch-old body will die,can not be controlled once you touch it activates.
3:control minds to do what ever you think- Can not be turned of every thought is a command,old commands can not be overwritten,no new commands can be given while old one are in progress,done through thought.

So what do you choose, me i would read minds as I already live out in the bush with only man family for company ^_^

i take number one.

number two is worthless since you cant avoid to come into contact with anyone and you would change a lot of bodies in a year. the guilt having "killed" a lot of people would lead you to isolate yourself from the world.

you can work as a policeman and fight crime or become the best mentalist in the world and so on.

Not really, I dislike attention and attractiveness is relative, plus I can't remember the last time I actually did make physical contact with somebody much less intimacy so it doesn't particularly matter. :o

Copper Zen:

Option 2 is not a choice. I'd suicide--remember that this means NO SEX for the rest of your lives, folks.

A corpse is fine too.

rhizhim:

xmbts:

lets say, yes.

knight steel:

i take number one.

Well you could always have a full body suit on....but really it's your choice there is no right or wrong answer,still might be hard to hit on a girl when you can hear every ones thought from five miles away :P

Bara_no_Hime:

knight steel:

Sorry! Just subtract one from Option 2 and add it to Option 1 for a correct number.

And this is Kyubey -> /人◕‿‿◕人\

Isn't he cute?

For additional information, watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Great show, short, and then you will understand.

It is the cutest thing ever,just look at it awwwwwwwwwwwww who's a good Kyubey your a good Kyubey yes you are yeeeeeeeeeees you are ^_^

As much as the first 2 intrigue me, curse 3 sounds the most appealing, unless your mind is extremely fucked up.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked