28% (176)
28% (176)
Safety Razor
28.8% (181)
28.8% (181)
Cut-throat/straight edge razor
5.3% (33)
5.3% (33)
Gillete Mach 500 cold fusion reactor, 100 bladed razor for the smoothest shave yet!
21.2% (133)
21.2% (133)
I get my barber to do it
0.2% (1)
0.2% (1)
I don't
10% (63)
10% (63)
Not hairy enough to shave
1.3% (8)
1.3% (8)
Other
4.8% (30)
4.8% (30)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Men! How do you shave your face?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Disposable cheap things, of course....not an option, eh? Well I guess safety razor counts, normally dry shave because fuck shaving cream/aftershave.

I did get an electric razor for Christmas, so I'll have to try that out eventually.

With an electric razor. Mostly beacuse it's easier and faster, but also because it's better for the environment

I don't feel too much of a difference between the cheap ones and the 5 blade ones except that the last longer before you have to change blades, so I shave with the safety razors. I'd like to try a straight bladed one though, see if I can get a closer shave from it.

I use an electric razor mostly unless it grows too much. After that I get my barber to give me a quick shave when I'm getting a haircut.

Now is one of those times... Haven't shaved for a month so I have some ugly neckbeard going and I naturally grow mutton chops and a goatee with bald spots separating the goatee from the chops.

..I hate my facial hair...

I use a safety razor. I haven't "graduated" to a straight razor yet.

I rub my face a bit, and start laughing manically in the mirror until it trims itself in fear.

In reality, I use one of these:
image.

A rechargeable electric shaver. This is a fancier version of what I use. I can shave away to nothing, or cut down to stubble of varying length, and trim my sideburns. Gets the job of a dry shave done quickly and effortlessly.

use my clippers with no guard on. Nice and easy.

I use a safety razor, actually the Fusion from the picture. I'm under no illusions that it's any better for having 5 blades, but it was on sale when I needed a razor, so...

I'm horrible about changing the blades. I will use the same blade for a few months. Never really noticed much of a change. Everything still gets shaved off, and I never get cuts. Certainly way better than electrics do. And I'm not opposed to classic razors, but I'm not keen on accidentally slitting my own throat, so...

That said, here's a pro-tip: Get a suction-cup mirror and shave in the hot shower. Firstly it makes cleanup easy, but secondly since you're already in a hot, steamy environment the shaving goes much easier. I've never had a down side to it, other than in my present apartment where in winter we tend to run out of hot water if I don't shave directly.

I have dark hair so I start having visible stubble even a few hours after shaving, but it still feels smooth. Because that's what I am. Smooth.

Ladies.

I use some form of the 5 bajillion blade razor for a quantum shave but it was a gift so I'm going to use that excuse. 4 blades though, so not as bad as some.

I don't have a steady enough hand for a straight razor and I wouldn't have the first clue where to get one.
Electric razors are a bit fancy for my taste.

Cheap shit, like Hagi. You want to feel manly, you use those things. You need to have the stones to totally FUCK UP YOUR OWN FACE!!! You don't just shave the hair, you shave a few layers of skin off! CROM!!!!!!!

I use a powerful 5 bladed electric razor, on occasions I also use shaving foam with it.
My facial hair doesn't grow very fast, but it's damn tough to cut down, safety razors and normal electric razors are terrible to use and I am terrified of a straight edge razor.

Electric razor. Only use the trimmer on it.
Leaves piles of facial hair everywhere!

I use a "safety razor", but I don't use any creams or that shmuck.

electric beard trimmer for most days. Not the smoothest trim in the world, but it gets the job done in about ten seconds.

That and I don't have to switch tools for the sake of my goatee.

I used an electric razor to shave (mandatory for work)

Now that work is finished, I will be growing my beard!

Gillette Mach 3 and water, the results are... sufficient (it looks shaven). Tried some newer version a while ago, Mach 17 or whatever but it turned out to be just some piss poor copy of mach 3 with more blades and it was impossible to keep clean.

I was thinking of getting myself a straight razor though - for those "special" occasions.

I used an electric razor for years, but recently converted to safety razors. I am absolutely flabbergasted by the resulting (massive!) improvement.

Oh, and those modern disposable razors with multiple blades? Those are designed by people who know that, in order to get a proper shave with a safety razor (or the old-school unsafe variety), you need to pass it several times across each section of face. So they're trying to make something that does the same job in a fraction of the time.

Unfortunately, they don't understand that you're supposed to shave in a DIFFERENT direction each time! (Personally, I do three passes: Once from right to left, once from left to right, and once from top to bottom.)

Oh, and you're also supposed to apply a new coat of shaving soap/cream between each pass. Yeah. So to those of you who complain that the multibladed razors seem to chew up your face: Not only are you right - that's actually what they're BEST at!

I use electric hair clipsers with no guard and do my face, head and body all in one go at the end of the week. I love being almost entirely bald (I still get left with a very short hair so it's like perma-stubble)

I personally view long hair, beards and body hair as a sign of bad grooming and poor personal hygiene, even if a particular individual is very clean, it's just an association I always make.

recurve6:
Disposable cheap things, of course....not an option, eh? Well I guess safety razor counts, normally dry shave because fuck shaving cream/aftershave.

I did get an electric razor for Christmas, so I'll have to try that out eventually.

How the hell is do you dry shave? My face would be ruined if I dry shaved.

On topic: I use a safety razor, specifically a Mach 3. I can't be bothered with either electric or old school razors. And I use conditioner instead of shaving cream. It works a whole lot better than shaving cream, and it means I have one less thing I have to keep stocked up.

I guess you'd call it a safety razor. I just call it my razor. Leaves only the barest hint of stubble after I'm finished, so I get that nice 5-oClock the next day, which is my favorite kind of facial hair to have.

Except I'm pretty blonde so it doesn't look as good ._.

Hagi:
Erm... where's the 50 cent cheap-ass razor option?

Ya know, the things that look somewhat like this or possibly even crappier.

Come now, those are the pinnacle of class!

OT: Electric razors never get enough. I usually shave with a Gillete monstrosity, merely because I managed to get a massive pack of blades for cheap.

I use a Gillete 5 bladed nonsense since I switched from electric to manual in college. It may not be the best for getting a close shave, but when I shave, I aim for close enough, quickly enough, with as little regard for slicing my face off as necessary. A multiblade razor is best for that since I pretty much have to try if I wanted to cut myself with it. Blades are expensive, but I deal with that by using the same blade for many, many sessions before switching out.

I have a glorious neckbeard that I use beard trimmers on when it gets too unruly.

Shave? Who does *that*?

No blade has touched my head in seven and a half years.

When I started shaving in 97 I used a Mach 3 the granddaddy of that 5 bladed waste of space above. I then moved on to a standard Bic disposable. Not only where they cheaper they last forever so a couple of quid goes a long way. Now I don't shave often, only for interviews as I like to let my beard grow and keep my face warm... like nature intended.

Katatori-kun:

That said, here's a pro-tip: Get a suction-cup mirror and shave in the hot shower. Firstly it makes cleanup easy, but secondly since you're already in a hot, steamy environment the shaving goes much easier. I've never had a down side to it, other than in my present apartment where in winter we tend to run out of hot water if I don't shave directly.

I have dark hair so I start having visible stubble even a few hours after shaving, but it still feels smooth. Because that's what I am. Smooth.

Ladies.

Agreed. Started doing this years ago in college. One day my mirror fell down and broke. I discovered not long afterwards that I really didn't need it anymore. I just shave by touch. It's not really hard at all, and I used to have a goatee, and I even managed to keep that edged well by touch alone.

You just shave, and as you're going you brush your hand over your neck, make sure you didn't miss a spot. Occasionally I will unintentionally shave too much sideburn on one side and I have to even it out after the fact, but it's not that often.

My skin on my neck is so sensitive this is the only way I've found I'm able to shave and not get horrible razor burn. I need to be in the shower with all the hot water and steam. Hot sink water just isn't enough, and electric razors just outright shred my skin. I look like I have poison ivy afterwards.

Twin blade disposable safety razor. Can't really beat it for ease of use and effectiveness, and you can get good ones for damn cheap (Tend to get Bic/Gillette ones). I shave every 1 or 2 days, so I never need a scythe, combine harvester or anything quite that heavy-duty.

I do the electric razor thing because they work dry, and I'm far too lazy to do the shaving cream thing.

You left out those mid-tier three to five blade cartridge razors that I think most of the "safety razor" crowd actually uses. I use a real safety razor. Like this one.

With soap applied by boar bristle brush. It feels so good all over my face parts.

Hagi:
Erm... where's the 50 cent cheap-ass razor option?

Ya know, the things that look somewhat like this or possibly even crappier.

My vote goes to this as well.
They are awesome and can be used for just as long and as effective as the Gilette-6000-Unobtanium-Lazor-Razor.

I use an electric razor, but I'm interested in switching to a bad-ass, old fashioned cut-throat razor.

This decision may or may not have been influenced by skyfall.

Yea... I haven't shaved since I watched this educational video.

I voted for "safety razor" because I use the Gillette Mach 3. 3 blades. It does a damn good job. I tried the 5 bladed one...it did a worse job.

I've always wanted to try a straight razor.

Hate shaving, like facial hair. I just use an electric if i need to shave. In a few hours I've got a noticable 5 o clock shadow anyways. A few days later I got the hollywood stubble. From there I just use an electric beard trimmer to keep it all even.

I have one of those fancy three- or four-bladed thingies. Why? Because I have no idea. But then again, my beard growth is that of a 14-year-old kid. I could probably shave by wiping my face with a towel.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked