8.5% (34)
8.5% (34)
Other
4.7% (19)
4.7% (19)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Fellow meat lovers! UNITE!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Come fellow meat lovers! I ask you all this question as one of your own.
Out of all the animals and all the tasty meats in this world: Which one is your favourite to kill/maim/slaughter and devour the flesh of?

As for I, it is the Lamb. Such a cute and adorable creature. Which makes it all the sweeter to know that it's premature death (preferably before the eyes of its mother) leads to the rise of the greatest and deliciousest meat that I have found on this Earth!

Tie between pig and chicken, I give it to pig because of all the different kinds of meat you can get from one whereas with chicken I just like the breast and legs.

I prefer Quorn thank you very much. :3

VEGGIE POWER!

Venison is the bomb. Though it isn't really a dietary staple.

Probably gonna go with turkey, which isn't listed. Lunch meat, turkey burgers, turkey chili, all delicious.

Beef steak from any form of cow is my favourite, nice n' juicy...

There's a burger joint around where I live, and they use horse meat. And I tell you, those burgers are freakin' awesome.

So, "Other".

Cow.

Can't go wrong with a nice steak.

Vegosiux:
There's a burger joint around where I live, and they use horse meat.

On a slightly related topic, what's with all the hubbub in Britain about horse meat getting into burgers?
I mean it seems like there's absolute fury that people might have eaten horse.

What's the big deal? Horse meat is fine to eat. It's not like people ate burgers made of refined centipede chitin or something.

Genocidicles:

Vegosiux:

On a slightly related topic, what's with all the hubbub in Britain about horse meat getting into burgers?

What's the big deal? Horse meat is fine to eat. It's not like people ate burgers made of refined centipede chitin or something.

No clue, really. And the way I hear, horse meat is actually one of the better ones out there, and more healthy than an equal amount of, say, beef.

Rawne1980:
Cow.

Can't go wrong with a nice steak.

Could I interest you in a delicious Quorn peppered steak? XD

This is where it's at Rawne!

Cow for given us beef, steak, beef patty and others.

I guess second is pork (NOT for bacon but for Chinese roast Pork!) and I guess chicken and duck are tied for third (depend on my mood).

I'm sad that Bacon isn't getting more attention in this thread...

Nice, crispy bacon... Mmmmm.

I also really love Gammon. Those are definitely my top 2. Though I also won't say no to a nice steak. 8D

I couldn't say. And it's not just a cop out answer of not wanting to choose though that's part.

But I have no memory of ever having lamb or deer before. So I don't nearly have enough info to decide.

"STEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAK!"

"What's another word that starts with f?"

"...fsteak?"

Omnomnomnomnom.

Yeah, probably a tie between beef and chicken for me. Well-grilled or baked fish is delectable, too. Pork and turkey are good, but they wear thin a lot more quickly for me, and deer venison is wonderful, but I don't have it often enough to really consider it.

Chicken, with pork being a close second, cow being a near third.

Genocidicles:

Vegosiux:

For a lot of people, horse meat is taboo in the same way that cat and dog is.

Pig. Definitely pig. Sausages. Bacon. Whole roast pig. Hog jowls. I would totally eat a pig's face. He'd do the same to me, it's only fair.

Oh man, roast pork with crackling! You just can't go wrong with that.

Ever had Ostrich?

That shit is delicious.

But really, you can't beat a perfectly grilled steak

lRookiel:

VEGGIE POWER!

Quorn is fucking awesome.

I won't go veggie in the forseeable future but if they sold that stuff in Germany I'd be all over it. I wish they did. :(

Chicken, it is just such versatile meat. I cannot think of single meal that would be ruined by adding chicken.

Three words: PULLED. PORK. SANDWICH.

Genocidicles:

Vegosiux:
No clue, really. And the way I hear, horse meat is actually one of the better ones out there, and more healthy than an equal amount of, say, beef.

wintercoat:
For a lot of people, horse meat is taboo in the same way that cat and dog is.

Eh... the whole 'horse-meat... eww/ick/blegh' thing is only for racegoers. Most (I know, at least) people couldn't care less about eating horsemeat. Here, it's oddly a case more of false advertising than squeamishness. Because suppliers know that if their '100% Beef' burgers were found to have up to 30% horsemeat in them... can you hear that? That is the sound of a lawyer's bank account getting a sweet little windfall.

OT:

Scarim Coral:
I guess second is portk (NOT for bacon but for Chinese roast Pork!).

Now that's what I'm talking about! Though having said that, what the hell's the matter with you?! Pork should be top! =P

It is with me. Whether it's bacon, sausages, black pudding, Chinese style roast pork (crackling and all, only time I'll voluntarily gorge myself on what is essentially pure fat), gammon, can't go wrong with a bit of pig meat in a meal. -_-

SckizoBoy:

OT:

Scarim Coral:
I guess second is pork (NOT for bacon but for Chinese roast Pork!).

Now that's what I'm talking about! Though having said that, what the hell's the matter with you?! Pork should be top! =P

It is with me. Whether it's bacon, sausages, black pudding, Chinese style roast pork (crackling and all, only time I'll voluntarily gorge myself on what is essentially pure fat), gammon, can't go wrong with a bit of pig meat in a meal. -_-

I probably would be on top years ago, seriously I love Chinese roast pork (both the normal kind and the pork belly) that every time we (my family) go to a Chinese resturant, we always had to order that for me to eat!
I guess the years ordering that had dampen my taste for it and these days my love for it has lessen compared to my past self.

For the seafaring critters, shrimp. So much flavor in such a small little package, and hard to screw up.

For land dwellers, duck. Properly prepped duck with a good amount of fat still on it is not a meal, it's an EXPERIENCE that even the best steak or lamb has yet to match for me.

I'm with you OP, lamb is fucking delicious.

I understand that lamb is a cute and adorable creature because it's so fluffy and innocent looking. However, it's really not my fault that it's amazing when cooked at the right temperature, seasoned with the right stuff, and then served with side veggies.

It's not my fault, I mean, look at it.

How the hell is that not the best thing ever?

Only monsters think that, MONSTERS I TELL YOU!

I tried eating quorn before, it made me violently ill. I really don't see the point of being vegetarian if you're going to eat something that is meant to look or taste like meat. Seriously, eat a bean burger not a meat substitute.

Anyway, back on point. I love duck, when it is cooked right, it is amazing. It's a foodgasm without a doubt. Oh or when you get roasted pork, all succulent and salty with a sweet smokey maple glaze. Medium rare beef steak, served with a red wine jus. Lamb shank is so good, it melts in your mouth. I love meat so much. Duck is my favourite, definitely duck.

Of regularly available meats, none can beat kangaroo. Tasty, lean, upsetting to foreigners.

lRookiel:

VEGGIE POWER!

Ugh, I've tried that before and it made me sick to my stomach in a very physical sense.

OT: It has to be pig, pork, bacon etc are all my favourite meats and to be honest you get the least amount of guilt from killing the animal because, well pigs are pigs. Human meat is nice but too much of a hassle to acquire.

RhombusHatesYou:
Of regularly available meats, none can beat kangaroo. Tasty, lean, upsetting to foreigners.

I agree with this, its like steak but even better and juicier. I don't have it very often though unfortunately.

Seriously though. Moose meat is really lean and delicious. It's considered a pretty expensive meat over here. It's my primary source of read meat since my father is a hunter. We also grow some of our vegetables. (Not that it's part of this topic)

YES. IT SHOULD STILL BE PINK!

DEATH TO BLASPHEMERS WHO COOK THE MOOSE GOD'S MEAT WELL DONE.

Any of the land living creatures on the list is fine. A nice steak beats the rest though.

Fish and other sea food is so disgusting! Especially shell-based, ewww.

...I just ate lunch and now I'm hungry again.

I think it's a tie between lamb, ribs (cows), and fish. Lamb is a little salty and a little dry (like pork), but because it's not easy to find around where I live it makes it that much better. Ribs on the other hand are ribs!
And I love sushi. Salmon is great but not quite my thing. It's the same kind of thing with hallabit, except hallabit makes me feel like a kid.

Chicken is deffinately versatile, but can be really dry. Turkey is the same way, but not as versatile--unless you put some gravy with it.

Pork is versatile like chicken, but you have to really fuck up to get dry ham. It's always either salty or sweet, but never bad.

I haven't really had deer, and it doesn't seem like my thing.

(I really didn't think this through before writing, so sorry if it reads like a mess)

Daystar Clarion:
Ever had Ostrich?

That shit is delicious.

But really, you can't beat a perfectly grilled steak

You didn't just see the newest episode of Archer, did you?

My favorite goes Chicken, Cow, then some fish. Like frozen fish sticks and Long John Silvers.

Lambs are fluffy and cute? Sure the cartoon ones are. Anyway I vote for all meats together, maybe a cow stuffed with a pig stuffed with chooks, draped in venison sausages and garnished with lamb with a thick brown gravy poured over the top. Seafood would be the starter of course, cant go wrong with a couple of kilo's of prawns, bugs, crays and mudcrabs!

Cow for me, no questions asked. Second is chicken (When cooked right with the right seasoning it is absolutely to DIE for!)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked