Well lets hear it.
I both own airsoft gun(s) and play airsoft.
24.1% (20)
24.1% (20)
I play airsoft but rent out my gun(s).
2.4% (2)
2.4% (2)
I own an airsoft gun(s) but don
21.7% (18)
21.7% (18)
I neither own an airsoft gun(s) nor play airsoft.
48.2% (40)
48.2% (40)
Other despite not having a clue what I could be missing.
3.6% (3)
3.6% (3)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How Big is the Airsoft Community Here?

So with none of my questions about airsoft really getting answered I have to wonder how big the airsoft community is here. So just answer the poll to give me my answer.

Edit: That third option is supposed to say, "I own an airsoft gun(s), but don't actually play airsoft."

I know there's a couple people. This isn't the first airsoft thread I've seen in the last couple months and it seemed like there was a good number of people posting on that one.

I own a few, but I use them as movie props and LARP gear more than anything. Considering getting into it though, after I get more fit and athletically capable.

I don't particularly see the appeal of airsoft, either you end up collecting hundrets of little yellow balls or you're polluting the area with plastic balls.
Unless I'm totally missing the point of airsoft, which could be absolutely possible but whatever, it's late.

Quaxar:
I don't particularly see the appeal of airsoft, either you end up collecting hundrets of little yellow balls or you're polluting the area with plastic balls.

Just an FYI, you can purchase Biodegradable BB's now if you're environmentally friendly.

OT: Apparently I'm the only one here that owns and plays... there's only one response I can think of...

...bring it on bitches.

triggrhappy94:
I know there's a couple people. This isn't the first airsoft thread I've seen in the last couple months and it seemed like there was a good number of people posting on that one.

Most of them probably come from me.

DevilWithaHalo:

Quaxar:

Just an FYI, you can purchase Biodegradable BB's now if you're environmentally friendly.

OT: Apparently I'm the only one here that owns and plays... there's only one response I can think of...

...bring it on bitches.

Well I made a thread asking questions regarding things I need to know about airsoft and noone besides one guy replied to it so it seems that since you own and play you could give me a better answer. So if you can be bothered could you head over there and give me the info I need?

cojo965:

DevilWithaHalo:

Quaxar:

...bring it on bitches.

Well I made a thread asking questions regarding things I need to know about airsoft and noone besides one guy replied to it so it seems that since you own and play you could give me a better answer. So if you can be bothered could you head over there and give me the info I need?

I don't dabble in necrothreademancy... but I'll indulge you here...

cojo965:
I (as I've already stated) have a WE G39C gbbr with two mags holding 30 bbs but can I get a more appropriate mag count?

Odd question, you can purchase 150 or high cap 300 round mags (the mag type is fairly standard), but "appropriate"? That depends on the game type, ammo restrictions, or how trigger happy you are. If you find yourself burning through your ammo in a single round, you need to aim better or lighten up on your trigger. I've played Zombie games where the max rounds allowed for any gun was 30, and you had to scrounge for the rest on field.

cojo965:
Do speedloaders work for these mags?

Yes. I have a G36K AEG with the same mag type (both 300 round high caps) and use speed loaders in the field. But it's rare for me to use them in field, and when I'm not in field, it's easier to use a cup to load ammo. And again, if I find myself refilling my mags in field, I'm probably on crack.

cojo965:
Does anyone know where I can get a scope similar to the one from Call of Duty 4's single player for cheap?

Ebay or Craigslist are places to start. Do you want it for practical purposes or aesthetics? With a practical range of around 150ft, you really won't be doing a lot of sniping.

cojo965:
I would also like to get a headcam to record any games I may play, what would be a good option to go with?

I personally use the Contour, but others enjoys the GoPro. It really comes down to your preference; I suggest checking these videos out; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewp9kQoQ1Ng & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OBJ0uXoB3Y The side by side comparison really helps.

cojo965:
As a final note, I don't intend to go full milsim so in gear terms, don't go overboard with recomendations. P.s. Try to keep costs in mind, please.

Err... if costs are a serious concern, Airsoft might not be the hobby for you. Or you have to accept that you'll be slowly building up your gear over time.

I used to play airsoft all the time with my older brother and his friends, along with friends of my own. Lately with college and that whole "nothing that looks like a weapon" thing I haven't really had a chance to organize games. I was really getting into it too, bought an over $200 metal AEG (that's automatic-electric-gear for the new-uns), but only got to use it for like 3 games before I kinda fell out of it.

If anyone has ideas about how I might be able to get back into the whole thing I'd appreciate it.

(oh, and I'd love to geek out about my AEG if anyone wants to hear it)

i would if i could but my country's law says i can't

Ix Rebound:

...The aus govt has really outlawed airsoft weapons? Man your govt is full of pants on head retards isnt it? :P

OT: I have a few airsoft rifles, and I used to play in airsoft wars a lot when I was in highschool, but sadly the units I played with have since split across the nation due to life.

FelixG:

Ix Rebound:

...The aus govt has really outlawed airsoft weapons? Man your govt is full of pants on head retards isnt it? :P

it really is
it has something to do with the Port Arthur massacre years ago

I currently hold the rank of Corporal in my local airsoft team (the 13th legion). We have quite a few people on the team, atleast 20. The CO is my friend who is a retired Army tank driver. I currently own an airsoft gun (modeled after an AKM) that was built by a friend of the teams (I payed him, but its just his hobby and he actually works as a dentist). We also build our own stuff. My best airsoft story was the first game where we used our home made Nerf Rocket Launchers. I got one and was assigned a loader. During the game, I shot the rocket off into the woods. When the game ended, a guy on the enemy team gave me the nerf football saying it killed him and 4 others. So, that was pretty cool.

DevilWithaHalo:
Snip

Very good information there, but regarding the mags, when I say WE G39C gbbr I'm talking about this:

Inside the mags is a refillable tank that houses either propane or a silicone propane mix called Green Gas (the silicone is to lubricate the gun during use if you are curious). So I'm wondering if speedloaders would work for it by virtue of technicaly being a bigger gas blowback pistol or what. Do you think that would still work?

cojo965:
Inside the mags is a refillable tank that houses either propane or a silicone propane mix called Green Gas (the silicone is to lubricate the gun during use if you are curious). So I'm wondering if speedloaders would work for it by virtue of technicaly being a bigger gas blowback pistol or what. Do you think that would still work?

Wow, can't believe I spaced on that... yah, couple of differences there. I use Green Gas for my Glock Pistol so I know what it is (a buddy of mine proved it can be used as a flamethrower). I have used my speed loader for the pistol, but it takes some practice to get down correctly, otherwise your BB's will start flying everywhere. Based on what I can see, you should be able to use the same technique (pretty much jam the speed loader into the BB feeder and hold down as the BB's are ejected from the speed loader); you'll probably still only get 1 BB in there per click, but it might go faster for you... depending on how fast you are finger loading them in.

I own a Revolver half automatic gas (think the brand is Marui)
But I haven't played in maybe 4-6 years or something like that
It was fun when we had a group that actively played for a few summers but then it just died out

OH OH OH! Time to show off my stuff! I would have an outdoor picture, but I haven't been to a game since I bought all my gear.

I run with a CYMA AK-47 with a Bravo three shot shotgun and a cheap Co2 1911 for backup. I'm going to be replacing the 1911 with a GBB TT-33.

Quaxar:
Unless I'm totally missing the point of airsoft, which could be absolutely possible but whatever, it's late.

There are biodegradable BBs. That's all I use.

DevilWithaHalo:

cojo965:

Wow, can't believe I spaced on that... yah, couple of differences there. I use Green Gas for my Glock Pistol so I know what it is (a buddy of mine proved it can be used as a flamethrower). I have used my speed loader for the pistol, but it takes some practice to get down correctly, otherwise your BB's will start flying everywhere. Based on what I can see, you should be able to use the same technique (pretty much jam the speed loader into the BB feeder and hold down as the BB's are ejected from the speed loader); you'll probably still only get 1 BB in there per click, but it might go faster for you... depending on how fast you are finger loading them in.

So basicly just try it and see. On another note that is a very nice looking gun isn't it?

I used to play air-soft all the time with my buddies. But now they're all in the armed forces. :(

I've got an M16 electric. Used to have a bunch of spring pistols and those actually were the most fun. Ended up doing a lot more with those than the rifle.

Screw your airsoft, I practically have a nerf armoury.

In all seriousness though, they look cool, but they're pretty expensive and I don't much feel like recieving severe bruises to my crotch.

And in all honesty, there's simply something hilarious about a load of nerds coming together to express their love of foam dart firing guns.

I skirmish and own my own guns. I have a gas derringer and my electric M14. It's expensive but really fun. Better than paintball in my opinion.

I've been air softing for a couple of years now ever since I discovered I live about a hour away from a indoor air soft arena.

This isn't the first airsoft thread I've seen in the last couple months and it seemed like there was a good number of people posting on that one.image

Nah I'm not into airsoft, I am a NERF person. Then again until recently I wouldn't have been allowed to own one so I never really thought about it.

cojo965:
So with none of my questions about airsoft really getting answered I have to wonder how big the airsoft community is here. So just answer the poll to give me my answer.

Edit: That third option is supposed to say, "I own an airsoft gun(s), but don't actually play airsoft."

I own a decent amount of air-soft-guns, and play it as well.

I did see your thread but I didn't post as I didn't (and still don't) really have anything to say that could help, seeing how I don't really know anything about the WE G39C gbbr, as Gas Blow Back Rifles have only really begun to show up on the market for the past year in my country and remain somewhat uncommon.

I also wouldn't be able to recommend a Helmet Cam as I don't care about them, and because of that I don't really know anything that could be of use to you.

Regarding gear, I think the best way to do it is to get a smaller amount of decent gear rather than a larger amount of cheaper gear, start with whatever you think is the most important things to you and expand on it as you go. You should be able to get a decent vest with room for extra magazines and a side-arm (if you want use that) for reasonable price, so I guess that would be my recommendation.

(If anyone cares about my load out.)

LORD GREN:

cojo965:

I own a decent amount of air-soft-guns, and play it as well.

I did see your thread but I didn't post as I didn't (and still don't) really have anything to say that could help, seeing how I don't really know anything about the WE G39C gbbr, as Gas Blow Back Rifles have only really begun to show up on the market for the past year in my country and remain somewhat uncommon.

I also wouldn't be able to recommend a Helmet Cam as I don't care about them, and because of that I don't really know anything that could be of use to you.

Regarding gear, I think the best way to do it is to get a smaller amount of decent gear rather than a larger amount of cheaper gear, start with whatever you think is the most important things to you and expand on it as you go. You should be able to get a decent vest with room for extra magazines and a side-arm (if you want use that) for reasonable price, so I guess that would be my recommendation.

(If anyone cares about my load out.)

Magpul Masada ACR with MW3 style hybrid sight, nice. So would you recomend one of those CO2 powered pistols you can get at say, Wal-Mart?

I have not played with soft air guns since i was like 15

Thinking about getting a seriously well built short rifle, have been sorely disappointed with previous cheap crap

Either that, or go get a pistol and target shoot, i live like 400m from the shooting house

cojo965:

Magpul Masada ACR with MW3 style hybrid sight, nice. So would you recomend one of those CO2 powered pistols you can get at say, Wal-Mart?

The wallmart fare tend to be pretty cheap on the whole. While they are fine for shooting at targets or small scale games with a few friends, but they tend to be unreliable and break fairly easily. Good for starting out on the fairly cheap though.

Currently own a small arsenal of varying use. A cheap plastic Thompson AEG with a drum mag (usually given to guests.) A bolt action vsr-10 that I am still trying to sight properly, a full metal CYMA SOCOM variant M14 AEG, one low grade CO2 pistol from the local department store and a spring powered revolver that looks awesome but is only effective at about 5-10 feet.

I still pretty much only play with friends but our growing arsenal and group means that we may try branching out fairly soon.

I'm on a hiatus of playing right now because of my job but I do play whenever I can.
Current guns:
Echo1 G36K
KWA/Umarex MP7
2x UTG trishot shotguns

Next purchase:
ARES G36K

I have an AEG I got years ago in high school but I havn't played at all since then. It's kind of a waste and I would like to play again but I don't really know any places/people who play in my local area.

I have five airsoft guns but I hardly use them anymore. Good memories with highschool chums, giving each other welts with BBs.

I am more of a paintball guy myself. Me and a bunch of my friends and gf go out and play all the time in the woods we usually make a day of it.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked