What happens to my Neo badge if I'm suspended?

I know that you lose your chance of getting a Neo badge if you get suspended, but what if you get suspended after getting it? Do you get to keep it?

Queen Michael:
I know that you lose your chance of getting a Neo badge if you get suspended, but what if you get suspended after getting it? Do you get to keep it?

Yes you do. There are a few people I could name that have the badge, and have been suspended since getting it.

The badge is for reaching 5000 posts, without being put on probation or suspension. What happens after you actually get it doesn't really matter (unless you get banned, of course).

TopazFusion:
The badge is for reaching 5000 posts, without being put on probation or suspension.

IIRC, there's a little more to it than that... the badge is for posting 5000 times in a period of six months or more during which the user's disciplinary record is clean, so you can be suspended, at 1 post, wait until it's cleared, then get Neo six months later for behaving properly. So it's not so 'one chance only'... or something... *shrug*

SckizoBoy:

TopazFusion:
The badge is for reaching 5000 posts, without being put on probation or suspension.

IIRC, there's a little more to it than that... the badge is for posting 5000 times in a period of six months or more during which the user's disciplinary record is clean, so you can be suspended, at 1 post, wait until it's cleared, then get Neo six months later for behaving properly. So it's not so 'one chance only'... or something... *shrug*

Once you're suspended, you have no chance of ever getting the Neo badge.

I've had a period of 1 and a half years without mod wrath and I never got it.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't catch that last part.

I wouldn't know about that :D

SckizoBoy:

TopazFusion:

You can? I thought once you'd been suspended, you couldn't get any more.

Daystar Clarion:

Huh... I'm probably wrong there, then, 'cos considering your posting rate, no Neo after that seems a bit odd... hell, I don't think you have Morpheus either... o_O'

thaluikhain:
You can? I thought once you'd been suspended, you couldn't get any more.

Looks like I'm wrong... -_-

Not that I'd know... got it at 5000 after a year of leisurely posting... then promptly got a warning for bumping... _

Yes, I believe you do get to keep it. I would like to see more badges like that too after Neo. Have one for reaching 10,000 posts, 15,000, and 20,000.

A 9 day necro? Alright, I'll reply to this then...

SckizoBoy:

TopazFusion:

It's a permanent disqualification.

And not just for being suspended either, you also get permanently disqualified from ever getting the badge if you're ever put on probation (the yellow square on the healthbar).

Daystar Clarion:

Once you're suspended, you have no chance of ever getting the Neo badge.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't catch that last part.

I wouldn't know about that :D

Didn't a bunch of you receive some kind of badge that you all had coming but arrived late? Could that be the case with your Neo badge? Or did you check with Marter or one of the other Mods and they told you it was unachievable? There's nothing in the rules about the Neo badge only being awarded to the FIRST 5000 posts.

Wait a minute! You were suspended once? Dang! That must have been a couple of years ago for your health bar to get down to 2 infractions (prior to your latest one, which came from your simply forgetting to include the name of the movie you quoted).

Bat Vader:
Yes, I believe you do get to keep it. I would like to see more badges like that too after Neo. Have one for reaching 10,000 posts, 15,000, and 20,000.

I LIKE your idea! We should push for it!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here