Oh Hey, The Konami Code Works on EscapistMagazine.com

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I should have figured. And yes, I know, this is undoubtedly older than the internet, but it's still a cool bit of trivia for (relative) newbloods like me.

Well, what do you know it does. Never knew that was a thing.

Seriously, what is the Konami Code?

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Seriously, what is the Konami Code?

You should be ashamed of yourself....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Konami+Code

odd, it doesn't seem to do anything for me.
What's it supposed to do?

EDIT: Ah, i didn't press enter, that's why it didn't work.

Calibanbutcher:
You should be ashamed of yourself....

Oh, trust me, I am. But finding this more entertaining that simply googling something isn't the reason why.

Nothings happening, so what the hell is supposed to happen?

Andrewtheeviscerator:
Nothings happening, so what the hell is supposed to happen?

Did you end it with enter? I just did the code and...yeah, it works.

For those who don't understand how it actually works, what you do is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right (on the arrow keys), B, A, then Enter, ideally when you don't have a text box or anything selected.

Voila!

It goes away when you refresh the page, too, don't worry.

Yeah, I found out about it a few months ago when somebody else discovered it. Dunno how they found out, though.

You know, I never even thought to try it on this site before. I'm disappointed in myself.

Yeah, some of us figured this out ages ago, pretty sweet huh!

I am also disappointed in people not knowing the Konami Code! Also, you have to press enter, to anyone having trouble.

Oh my god it's... beautiful!

(seriously though how can you not know about The Code?)

NOOOOOOO!

You gave the secret away! Now I can't act all superior and secretive about it when all the plebs know as well :(

What have you done!

... Yeah its pretty neat. I've know since... September? Of this year. 2012, I'm an idiot XD

LOL. That was awesome.

Learn something new everyday.

Btw. Anyone else have the feeling the Escapist webmasters have too much time on their hands? Not that I mind, but the amount of weird stuff here is crazy.

Err someone made a thread on this months ago but none the less it's a nice reference they put into this site.

I first found out about the Konami Code when me and a few other users were planning on entering the basement. :/

I wonder if it's possible to permanently enable that design? Because it's laggy as hell but I still like it more than the latest redesign...it's hilarious. I had a quick search in the page source for konami & other likely things that would be present but couldn't find anything...

Esotera:
I wonder if it's possible to permanently enable that design? Because it's laggy as hell but I still like it more than the latest redesign...it's hilarious. I had a quick search in the page source for konami & other likely things that would be present but couldn't find anything...

It is indeed possible to make that your default background you crazy man!

Click on:

to
Browsing Options
to
Click on the drop-down menu for "Background" and choose 'PUPPIES'. Right below it, choose 'More Plz' under "Animate Background".

Be warned though, this may be a PubClub bonus. It's not in the PubClub section of my profile so I am assuming it is not but you know what happens when you assume...

OH MAI GAWD. I love that background. Is there a way to permanently enable it? At the very least I have to figure out how to make it an animated desktop background so I can annoy the piss out of the workers at the local best buy. Did that with the Astro-Sloth and it was funny as hell.

T0ad 0f Truth:
NOOOOOOO!

You gave the secret away! Now I can't act all superior and secretive about it when all the plebs know as well :(

What have you done!

... Yeah its pretty neat. I've know since... September? Of this year.

September of this year, that's impressive. You time travel much?

I'm surprised this is the first time I've heard of this. Pretty sweet.

Coincidental too - I just learned about the 'do a barrel roll' easter egg for the Google search bar a week ago. How many other spinning webpages have I missed out on?

Wow that is some trippy stuff. I don't why I've never tried this before.

Huh... it's done nothing for me (got it open on another tab, and it's just made all the fonts go to Comic-sans)... o_O'

shrekfan246:
For those who don't understand how it actually works, what you do is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right (on the arrow keys), B, A, then Enter, ideally when you don't have a text box or anything selected.

Voila!

It goes away when you refresh the page, too, don't worry.

Yeah, I found out about it a few months ago when somebody else discovered it. Dunno how they found out, though.

I believe Kross or ThyNameIsMud told Daystar and Fappy about it amongst others, so it was probably via that way =P

I actually found out by myself. Was bored one day and I knew the Konami Code worked on other sites, so tried it here.

I think it says a lot about The Escapist staff that this doesn't surprise me in the slightest :P

It is however wonderful. I love it!

Also, Comic Sans? Really? Was this Kross' idea, to make us all suffer an awful font? The only it could be worse is if it was papyrus...

tippy2k2:

Esotera:

It is indeed possible to make that your default background you crazy man!

Click on:

to
Browsing Options
to
Click on the drop-down menu for "Background" and choose 'PUPPIES'. Right below it, choose 'More Plz' under "Animate Background".

Be warned though, this may be a PubClub bonus. It's not in the PubClub section of my profile so I am assuming it is not but you know what happens when you assume...

Thank you a bunch, that's awesome! If I ever take to browsing at work it will make me a whole lot more conspicuous but also way cooler.

This makes everything infinitely better.

Probably makes R&P funnier too.

DOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGS Also, Comic Sans.

It's laggy as hell, but it's at least entertaining. Shoulda figured that the Konami Code would work of this site, seeing as it's primarily a gaming site...

Palademon:
This makes everything infinitely better.

Probably makes R&P funnier too.

you should try a beer or two, makes R&P hilarious

OT:the funny thing is i only know the konami code as something you build into stuff to reference things i never experienced.
it's weird

No fucking way! Now I want to put the code in EVERYWHERE! Where else on the net does it work?

**blinks**

I knew it worked on the main page, but apparently it works in the forum as well. I just sent this thread spinning about. I didn't realize it worked EVERYWHERE on the site. Neat.

I just tried it and got nothing (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, enter). Does it only work with certain browsers or something?

I'm ashamed I didn't try it earlier. This is rad! I kinda want it to stay... And it's always good to see dogs getting some online recognition instead of those spotlight-hogging cats.

OtherSideofSky:
I just tried it and got nothing (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, enter). Does it only work with certain browsers or something?

What browser are you using?

OtherSideofSky:

I believe it's b then a, you're putting it in wrong.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked