Failed Bulgarian Assassination attempt caught on film.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This is probably the most pathetic "shooting" I've ever seen:
Don't worry, the only thing murdered in this video was the gunman's pride.

From Msn:

Bulgarian opposition leader Ahmed Dogan is in good health after being attacked by an armed gunman while giving a televised press conference. A man appeared to jump out of the crowd and up to Dogan's podium, where he leveled a nonlethal gas pistol at the politician's head. Dogan lashed out before his assailant could pull the trigger, giving security a chance to tackle the attacker. Police say the attacker is a 25 year-old man from the town of Burgas and was also carrying two knives. He was led away from the scene with a bloodied face after receiving several kicks and punches to the head while being detained.

Edit: more information on our would be assassin, Okati Enimehmedov can be found here-
http://www.anorak.co.uk/345566/politicians/ahmed-dogan-who-is-oktai-enimehmedov.html/

Are you sure this was actually an assassination attempt and not a political statement with a fake gun?

I don't know if you have more info or if this was just randomly stumbled upon but what the hell happened?

1. How the hell did he get that close to his target (obviously he has a badge around his neck; I assume it's press pass but still)? He got so close that he could just hit his target with the gun and successfully killed him. The camera is wicked zoomed in so maybe we missed something...

2. Obviously it's very quick and hard to tell but I don't think I see bad guys finger twitch (as in, him pulling the trigger). Did the gun mess up or was he making a point or what happened there? Even after the politician smacked the gun, the bad guy still had a good two seconds before security realized that this probably isn't part of the show before getting up there.

3. Is the politician Liam Neeson? That was pretty quick reaction, smacking the gun away like that. He looks older so I can forgive him for falling over when he attempts to tackle the bad guy...

I almost feel bad for the gunman.

The cool assassins will all laugh at him.

It almost look like he has had some kind of defense training... I wonder.

But yeah.

For those who question who he ran on to the stage it is clearly to get attention. Whats the point of taking out a political target if you cant take the credit or benefit of it.

But yeah... Dramatic but awesome reaction from the old man.

tippy2k2:
I don't know if you have more info or if this was just randomly stumbled upon but what the hell happened?

1. How the hell did he get that close to his target (obviously he has a badge around his neck; I assume it's press pass but still)? He got so close that he could just hit his target with the gun and successfully killed him. The camera is wicked zoomed in so maybe we missed something...

2. Obviously it's very quick and hard to tell but I don't think I see bad guys finger twitch (as in, him pulling the trigger). Did the gun mess up or was he making a point or what happened there? Even after the politician smacked the gun, the bad guy still had a good two seconds before security realized that this probably isn't part of the show before getting up there.

3. Is the politician Liam Neeson? That was pretty quick reaction, smacking the gun away like that. He looks older so I can forgive him for falling over when he attempts to tackle the bad guy...

Yes Sorry about that, I was preoccupied With Xbox Live being a bitch. I've added some information from MSN into the OP. It might be that his weapons weren't metal, but his press pass may also have allowed him to circumvent metal detectors (if there were any). It's also pretty damn small so it's not surprising nobody noticed it until he had it out.

I DID hear a sound before he pulled the gun back, so I'm guessing misfire and jam. That's actually been the case in a lot of failed assassination attempts.

And that's probably not Liam Neelson. Too old and too much overbite.

DVS BSTrD:
Yes Sorry about that, I was preoccupied With Xbox Live being a bitch. I've added some information from MSN into the OP. It might be that his weapons weren't metal, but his press pass may also have allowed him to circumvent metal detectors (if there were any). It's also pretty damn small so it's not surprising nobody noticed it until he had it out.

I DID hear a sound before he pulled the gun back, so I'm guessing misfire and jam. That's actually been the case in a lot of failed assassination attempts.

Then it's obviously either Liam Neeson's father or possibly his mentor. If I were part of the organization doing this, I would be afraid...

Now that you mention it (I had to turn it WAY up) but I do hear something click so you're probably right; it was meant to be an assassination and NOT a political statement. Mr. assassin just panicked when it failed instead of smacking old man Neeson like a professional assassin would have.

Even with a press pass, I'm surprised he was able to get so close to the guy. Maybe security is just more lax in not-America but if someone attempted this while our president was at a podium giving a speech, I imagine he would have a number of new holes in him before he even had the chance to have his gun fail on him.

I hear people say size doesn't matter, clearly it does.

I don't know who would have the most shame.

The guy running on stage and pulling out that tiny thing or, had it worked, the little old fella explaining to his dead friends how he got shot with a spud gun.

Gotta love how the guy shouts "YOLO".

I mean, seriously.

And in other news the politician's approval ratings have increased 30 points!

tippy2k2:

DVS BSTrD:

Then it's obviously either Liam Neeson's father or possibly his mentor. If I were part of the organization doing this, I would be afraid...

Now that you mention it (I had to turn it WAY up) but I do hear something click so you're probably right; it was meant to be an assassination and NOT a political statement. Mr. assassin just panicked when it failed instead of smacking old man Neeson like a professional assassin would have.

I agree.

Quaxar:
Are you sure this was actually an assassination attempt and not a political statement with a fake gun?

If it was a conspiracy why run the risk of him being taken alive and talking?
If it was a single political statement why would you bother getting that close and NOT kill him?
And if the point was to "stage" the event with no intention of killing the man: The assassin probably wouldn't have been carrying two knives. (added in later in the OP, sorry)

The gun was real and it misfired (you can see it move and click when he pulls the trigger). Seems like it was specifically a jam/lock up (hence why he couldn't just keep shooting). Two knives were also found on his person when he was apprehended, after being kicked, donkey punched and battered with a flashlight.

Kind of scary when you think that the only reason the old guy is alive is due to a relatively small chance of mechanical failure. I'd imagine that the specific odds that would have happened were around 5%. This guy is going to feel real cheated and embarrassed in jail now.

I love how the Bulgarians aren't satisfied with subduing the wannabe assassin without bringing a generous amount of ass-kicking.

Also, that was great reaction time on the speaker's part slapping the gun away.

All those blokes in suits are loving it, getting the boot in - even the old fella in the beige jacket wants a go!

I've gotta say, the would be assassin deserved it, if only for using such a puny looking weapon.

Wait, why did the attacker get as close as to allow Dogan to slap the gun away? Just seems a bit weird - an amateur mistake, I suppose. This has a bit more info on the attacker, basically, his name is Oktai Enimehmedov and he is known to be a criminal although nothing as big - drug possession, robberies, hooliganism.

What was this assassin thinking? I am going to walk right up to the guy, while he is being filmed, in front of tons of witnesses and body guards, then shoot him with my tiny, tiny gun that was made in a sweatshop in cambodia!

Did he plan on killing himself? If so, a chest bomb or a grenade would of been a lot better. Even shooting from the crowd and escaping in the Chaos is a more viable plan than that.

Even Reagan's assassin was smart than that, and he was certified loony (he was trying to impress an actress he never actually met after her roll as a 12 year old prostitute in Taxi).

I did have to laugh. "What's the words I want to be associated with this assassination attempt. I know, YOLO!"

Although I do have to question have how inept the security must have been if they allowed the guy that chooses "YOLO" as his immortal words to get that close to killing the guy.

Not G. Ivingname:
What was this assassin thinking? I am going to walk right up to the guy, while he is being filmed, in front of tons of witnesses and body guards, then shoot him with my tiny, tiny gun that was made in a sweatshop in cambodia!

Did he plan on killing himself? If so, a chest bomb or a grenade would of been a lot better. Even shooting from the crowd and escaping in the Chaos is a more viable plan than that.

Even Reagan's assassin was smarter than that, and he was certified loony (he was trying to impress an actress he never actually met after her roll as a 12 year old prostitute in Taxi).

It seems to me that he didn't really care about whether or not he killed that guy, "YOLO" makes it seem like he just wanted people to see him pointing a gun in Mr Dogan's face.

And that 12 year old actress has since turned out a lesbian anyway :P

When your target bitch slaps your gun out of their face, it may be time to reconsider your career as an assassin

DVS BSTrD:

Not G. Ivingname:

Even Reagan's assassin was smarter than that, and he was certified loony (he was trying to impress an actress he never actually met after her roll as a 12 year old prostitute in Taxi).

It seems to me that he didn't really care about whether or not he killed that guy, "YOLO" makes it seem like he just wanted people to see him pointing a gun in Mr Dogan's face.

And that 12 year old actress has since turned out a lesbian anyway :P

He will care when he is sent to prison and meets his cell mate "Third Leg."

YOLO, yet you got two life sentences.

Not G. Ivingname:

DVS BSTrD:

Not G. Ivingname:

And that 12 year old actress has since turned out to be a lesbian anyway :P

Youuuuu only live twiiiiiice or so it seeeeems,
One life for yourself and one life to get reeeeeeeeeeeemed

Somewhere, Agent 47 is laughing his ass off. Even if his gun didn't jam, he still wouldn't have gotten Silent Assassin rating.

lol

in Bulgaria politicians assassinate you

Gas pistol? Do you mean CO2 ''air''gun?

Even Kolyat Krios is embarrassed by your fail.

DVS BSTrD:

Not G. Ivingname:

DVS BSTrD:

And that 12 year old actress has since turned out to be a lesbian anyway :P

Youuuuu only live twiiiiiice or so it seeeeems,
One life for yourself and one life to get reeeeeeeeeeeemed

Although... Watching the video again, I can't hear where he says "YOLO," over the sudden shouting. Shouldn't he also be saying what ever is the Belgium version of it, not the English version?

nonlethal gas pistol....

Nuff said.

Vicarious Reality:
Gas pistol? Do you mean CO2 ''air''gun?

Actually, no. In Europe, with it's strict gun control, there are legal pistols called "Gas Guns," which are modified handguns that can fire "less than lethal" tear gas rounds. It hasn't got much of a market outside of Europe, and I don't even think they are very popular on that continent either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_pistol

Why do I get the strangest feeling this whole thing was staged?

Good response from the security... they were onto the guy before they could think "Wait... this doesn't look right..."

You just have to laugh at the guy...

The whole thing is a horrible sequence of events.....But that bloke sure threw a few great punches.

I had a good laugh. What an idiot of an assassin

And go figure, if he had used one of his two knives, he might have succeeded!

Almost certainly a political statement.

Next to no one would attempt an assassination with a non-lethal weapon that they don't pull the trigger of. Not someone capable enough to get there, with a pass of some kind.

And being beaten and arrested on television, with the stunt televised, would be exactly what you'd want for that.

Gotta say, even if this was just a political stunt that guy should be embarrassed after that politician just batted him off. Gotta love East European politics, they're almost as fun as Korean parliamentary sessions.

Loonyyy:
Almost certainly a political statement.

Next to no one would attempt an assassination with a non-lethal weapon that they don't pull the trigger of. Not someone capable enough to get there, with a pass of some kind.

And being beaten and arrested on television, with the stunt televised, would be exactly what you'd want for that.

Non-lethal weapons can be lethal if used under a specific range, like rubber and beanbag shells, no idea about gas pistols though, if it fires a canister of gas that canister might have enough power to kill if pressed close to someones head.

ANd if you notice, he did pull the trigger, you can hear the gun click next to the mic, it just failed to fire.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked