You're Awesome!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So I passed my driver's theory test today, which was a great surprise. (I get very anxious)
Yes many have passed before me, I don't care I'm proud dammit!!!

So fellow escapists, what makes you proud of yourself?

You are awesome, so share your awesomeness with us.

CAPTCHA-pleased as punch.... how apt

I was busting some classic moves in the kitchen on my own as you do and people saw through the window. I did a friendly wave and moonwaked crappily away

Thats literally the most exciting thing to happen to me all week

Congrats on the theory test anyway

Big congrats! :)

A few months ago I beat depression for the second time around. That I'm proud of! I also entered my first dance competition (small, intimate thing, nothing big) a few weeks ago and I won big-time! Still a bit giggly about that, to be honest.

But I'm not awesome...

In fact, I'm led to believe that I'm pretty much the opposite of awesome.

Things I'm proud of... well, I'm finally getting a story I've had kicking around in my head down on paper. I got an amp again, so I can finally play my guitar once more.

Other than that, I'm a walking collection of boring.

I've read 2,682 manga books.

Also I ate a hamburger once.

Ummm well our 5 man ranked team just broke our highest ELO record and we're sitting on 1225 now. That counts right? I am the best Lulu EUW. I join the team then we win about 5+ games in a row all when I was Lulu? I am so good at this game.

That and the people we were against were complete scrubs. There's a theme of people picking the "OP" Champions simply because they weren't banned. Whereas we stick to the Champions we are actually GOOD at. They're stuck in the Solo Queue mentality and that fucks them up I have to deduce.

So Asus beats the really shit Shen top, Rookie continues the trend of DESTROYING any jungle Malphites and fucking Cho'Gath mid beats almost anything.

Oh and we have re-invented counter invading. You know how that is supposed to mean you anticipate that they have a good invade team so you go and invade them while they invade you so you trade buffs? Fuck that all 5 of us sit in the invade bush at 1:50 and instakill them when they come to invade. Literal counter invading.

Otherwise nope, I got nothing. Hey maybe we can go pro and 1v10 Team Solo Mid and Counter Logic Gaming?

Harley Q:
So I passed my driver's theory test today, which was a great surprise. (I get very anxious)

Well aren't you just the nicest :) Congrats on the test! Based on where you are in the world, driving adds a whole new dimension of freedom to your life.

Well, let's see. I went to the store today to buy some new shirts, and found that, given the attention I've been paying to my diet and the regular exercise I've been doing as of late, I dropped from an XL to a M in shirts. I was pretty proud of myself for that.

shrekfan246:
But I'm not awesome...

Things I'm proud of... well, I'm finally getting a story I've had kicking around in my head down on paper. I got an amp again, so I can finally play my guitar once more.

A walking collection of boring? No ser, I disagree you mentioned writing and playing an instrument, you are a creative soul with a modest temperament.

OT: Congrats on the test and all the best for your practical test!

The Wykydtron:
we're sitting on 1225 now.

Dan that's nothing to shout about, besides we hardly play ranked as it is, I've got more wins on normal than we do ELO. -.-

OT: I'm awesome at LoL :3

I learned how to flip pancakes in mid-air a couple of days ago. Obviously this has lead to wild fantasies of ninjas fighting each other with skillets. That's how awesome I feel.

I decided it was high time I learnt to play some slap bass to show of to the ladies (read: a lady, who I happen to know is a really big RHCP fan). Spent the whole of yesterday slaving away, but I got a lot of stuff nailed. Now all I need to do is learn how to play it all shirtless, doing a backflip, and I'm all set. I think I might pass on that bit though.

I'm recognisable round thease parts XD.....

.......which is both awsome and sad :(

A few months ago I beat depression for the second time around.image

shrekfan246:
But I'm not awesome...

adamsaccount:
I was busting some classic moves in the kitchen on my own as you do and people saw through the window. I did a friendly wave and moonwaked crappily away

Thats literally the most exciting thing to happen to me all week

Congrats on the theory test anyway

Dude, I can't even crappily moonwalk . You rock okay! MY WORD IS LAW< YOU ROCK!

shrekfan246:
But I'm not awesome...

You are awesome! email me your book/ideas, I'd love to read them. Go on....

Vault101:

What are you talking about?! The avatars you make are hilarious AND awesome rolled into one!

OT- I've been able to make any computer get up and dance by showing off some tricks. It's hilarious and pretty awesome at the same time.

Vault101:

You reminded me of this.

How many of you can relate to that song?

OT: I like myself a lot, so I automatically think I'm awesome even though I'm pretty lame as proven by the fact that I can't think of anything to say...

I doubt that anyone will look at this edit, but I just rescued 2 dogs from the street despite the fact that I can't stand dogs and they are driving me insane and I just want to curl up in a corner and cry, but I just didn't have it in me to leave them outside chained to that fence to starve to death, but they are stinky and filthy and I don't want them near me T^T

I think that proves I'm awesome, even if I'm stuck with those things for who knows how long...
Hopefully not much but they just look like skeletons with skin : /

Harley Q:

shrekfan246:
But I'm not awesome...

I'm not all that shy about sharing the synopsis. I'll just put it in a spoiler box.

The first story is the only one I've gotten heavily conceptualized and have started actively working on, so far.

I passed my final school exams with flying colors! I also completed my work placement a week ago!

Earned lot's of money, now what to squander it on...

daviomaron:
A few months ago I beat depression for the second time around.image

Congratulations man, that is something to be really proud of.

Anyway, Ace-ing my finals recently made me feel pretty proud, but what really made me proud was giving a speech about bronies in front of a crowd of about 900 people, and not choking.
I felt pretty proud of myself after that, even wrote a college app essay about it.

thesilentman:

Vault101:

What are you talking about?! The avatars you make are hilarious AND awesome rolled into one!

OT- I've been able to make any computer get up and dance by showing off some tricks. It's hilarious and pretty awesome at the same time.

I spend the entire day yesterday doing this one 0_0....

so thats some consolation XD thanks!

My friend-who-is-a-girl invited me to her school's dance recently and I went to pick out a tuxedo for the event today. She seems really excited about it and that makes me happy.

Vault101:

Don't you mean awesome and more awesome?

OT: Uh... Can I get back to you on that?

I feel like I need to go on a journey of Enlightenment to answer that one

Harley Q:

Congrats! I like you, you seem really nice! *hug through the internet*

OT: Well, I just got the second to last achievement I needed in The Binding of Isaac. One more left! Also, I just got a bunch of thanks from the girls on my hall for the bags of candy I taped to their doors. First week of the new semester down, so I figured everyone could use some chocolate. I thought nobody saw me too.
Other than that, nothing I can think of. I'm boring more often than not :D

Vault101:

Your avatar is awesome :D

OT: Uhm.... I got hit by a police car going really fast once and didn't break or seriously fracture a bone in my body!
Drink yer milk kiddies!

I am boring :)

i haven't done anything particularly awesome lately but i felt that each of you deserve a visit from awesome puppy

I really haven't done anything that I would consider awesome to be honest seeing as I'm fairly boring.

That is, unless, you consider that I finished editing one of two user oriented podcasts that was started here.

Of which you should totally listen to and be a part of.

Sooooooo.....yeah. :/

Vault101:

thesilentman:

Vault101:

I spend the entire day yesterday doing this one 0_0....

so thats some consolation XD thanks!

What's up with that dog anyways?
I like it.
I'm pretty awesome at everything I do, except art. I'm the best at being humble though

Souplex:
What's up with that dog anyways?
I like it.
I'm pretty awesome at everything I do, except art. I'm the best at being humble though

Comander shepard dog doesnt give a fuck!

I'm 18 and I don't have my license. I've failed my test three times, and I have another one scheduled on Friday.

So to answer the question, not bloody much.

shrekfan246:

Harley Q:

shrekfan246:
But I'm not awesome...

I'm not all that shy about sharing the synopsis. I'll just put it in a spoiler box.

The first story is the only one I've gotten heavily conceptualized and have started actively working on, so far.

The concept of seeing the world change like this is something I wish there was more of. I just started reading a trilogy of trilogies that do this and it really makes the world a lot more dynamic. Good luck with this, I'm quite interested.

OT: Well, I guess I could say I'm proud of the A I got in physiology, got a score of 95% in human physiology and 85% in plant physiology. Well, I'm pretty boring and I don't really have any awesome skills.

I'm amazing!

Did you know I invented the Cotton Gin because I needed a more efficient way to deseed my cotton bales? And get this! I've never owned a watch!

At least that's what I tell people who say I'm awesome or amazing. Usually worth a few laughs unless they realize it's not something I came up with.

I'm awesome at making other people feel better about their own lives... which is depressing since it kind of means my life sucks compared to most people I've met. But hey... I... Yeah... I'm actually not depressed, but I have had my share of tragedy in my life. I more or less am good at putting peoples trouble into perspective, i guess.

EDIT: I'm told I have a very good imagination and that I should write a book. Thing is I'm horrid with words and can never describe my thoughts correctly.

I can do a dead on impression of Simon Templeman, Zaeed Massani, Mark Hamill's Joker (in small bursts), and others that I can't remember right now.
I beat Dark Souls every week with a new character build each time.
Other than that, not much. Social reject-ho!

I tend to impress people with my knowledge of history, geography and politics among a few other things. I wonder if they think i'm going to turn into some sort of Stephen Fry. I personally like to regard myself as being a well-rounded, open minded person. I'm nerdy yes, but that doesn't mean i don't go out and party, partially as a result lot of the people i hang out with arn't nerdy at all. I'm friends with people who grew up in both private schools and council estates, so i like to think this has given me a broader perspective to life. Edit: In a single Battlefield 3 game once i shot down five helicopters with an RPG, which also counts as one of great achievements in life :P

Well done for passing your driving theory test OP, the real challenge however is the driving test itself.

Lost 7 kilo's after I put myself on a diet.

Also, OP, Congratz :D

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or