Your all-time favorite Disney song

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

adamsaccount:
Nothing quite like a scat singing orangutan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEEPaYD5KZE

If this is the song I think it is, I'm seconding this video without even clicking on it.

CrunkParty:
Disney music as is is fairly unremarkable. They're just show tunes, really. Not even especially exceptional show tunes just, sort of, mediocre. Outside of the context of the films they barely register.

What?

There's a reason Disney's songs have become as famous as the films they feature in. There's a reason Someday My Prince Will Come became one of the world's most famous Jazz standards. They're legitimately great songs. Not just for how catchy they are- when you actually look at the structure and arrangement of the music, it's nearly always incredibly tightly written and composed.

Just listen to the arrangement of this song and hear how tightly the instrumentation is arranged, how the different band sections play off each other and give the whole thing a ridiculous sense of momentum.

That syncopated beat at 0:52 is just sex... and then when it goes double time.

Or you've got this one, which manages to lead in from a traditional French accordion piece to some period accurate, uber tightly arranged Jazz. That chromatic intro, the out there chords... yet it sounds so groovy. That's when Jazz is at its best. There's a reason Jazzers love Disney. Between this and The Jungle Book, you've got some of the best original Jazz ever composed for film.

Lest we forget, that's Jazz legend Louis fucking Prima lending his voice to King Louie in the Jungle Book. How many other films for children can claim to have an extended scat duet between the characters onscreen?

Seriously, while show tunes play a large part of Disney's repetoire, their canon covers pretty much everything from soul to jazz to world music to reggae to opera...

OT: As for my favourites. I'll probably go with I'll Make A Man Out Of You from Mulan. There's something about that pre-chorus/chorus that just does it for me. It's got a great syncopated rhythm during the verse, and then the chorus hits and it's just... testoesterone!

This is a very difficult decision.
I think my favourites are
I'll make a man out of you - a popular choice by the looks of it.
God help the outcasts from Hunchback of Notre Dame.
All of the songs from Hercules.

And this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4X1_3VipWs

TizzytheTormentor:

Drizzitdude:
Every song in Hercules.

I choose this answer!

With this song in particular!

So damn catchy!

Because change in character only occurs after a montage with catchy music! Still my favorite Disney song to this day.

Make a Man Out of You- Mulan. I love it so much! I love Mulan most out of all the Disney movies, it's such a great movie. My Reflection is also great.

Circle of Life needs some love too, because that's a song that just makes me smile. That beginning yell/singing is so iconic.

Also, there's one song from a Disney movie I've heard before and loved, but I have no idea what movie it's from. I think the lyrics go, "Why should I worry? Why should I care?" It might have a dog... Anyone know? It was an incredibly catchy song.

My are "I just can't wait to be king" from Lion King and "A whole new world" and the Genie song from Aladdin.

This one makes me mist up every time. It is so incredibly beautiful.

Hard to choose. I think I have to go with either Circle of Life or Be Prepared, just for sheer nostalgia value (the music for the stampede scene is pretty powerful as well--definitely high up on my list).

CrunkParty:
Disney music as is is fairly unremarkable. They're just show tunes, really.

What's wrong with show tunes?

Prince Ali from Aladdin, the theme songs of Goof Troop, Chip 'n' Dale, and Gravity Falls, and Mr. Ray's song from Finding Nemo make up my favorites.

This was Disney backed so

I cant get enough of this one, actually surprised noone mentioned it yet(maybe I just didnt see it), or is there a Robin Williams hate-train I missed?

I would say the entire soundtrack to Nightmare Before Christmas but I think that would be too obvious for me. I also got on a HUGE Hellfire kick a few months ago. As for an all-time favorite though...

I don't care for the movie Little Mermaid...at all. This song however almost makes it worthwhile to me. A very close second for me is this song...

I love villain songs. Especially ones sung by Anderson! Seriously, that man has an excellent singing voice.

(Tears up) So..much..Hunchback love. In all seriousness though, I can see why it might not be the most popular Disney movie with the actual kids themselves, but is more popular with us as adults/juveniles. Def. my personal favorite.
Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o Bear Necessities.

Not sure which one is my favorite, probably one of the villain songs.
Villains always get the best songs.

I do like this one.

The song begins at 1:15.

CrazyGirl17:

and if TV movies count-
"Robot Riot"- from Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension

The full version of that song is pretty damn kickass.

OT: Let's see, now...all the obvious ones have been posted (Make a man out of you, Hakuna Matada, You've got a friend in me,etc) even that one song from Lilo and stitch, so let me see...

There are a lot of good ones, I really, really, really like, but if I had to pick my two favorite pieces of music ever in a Disney Movie:

A song that never gets mentioned from a movie always forgotten. I found it to be one of the most mature Disney songs out there. Not to mention the smoking and beer.

Also this

Kiyeri:

Also, there's one song from a Disney movie I've heard before and loved, but I have no idea what movie it's from. I think the lyrics go, "Why should I worry? Why should I care?" It might have a dog... Anyone know? It was an incredibly catchy song.

That's from Oliver and Company. By Billy Joel.

TheNaut131:

That one's great. I saw two girls dancing with each other to the Swedish version below at a convention once in the summer out on the lawn. It was probably the most beautiful thing I ever saw.

It's a tie between The Oogie Boogie Song, Gaston and Prince Ali.

Bah...I dunno...

Make a Man Out Of You.
OR
I Won't Say I'm In Love.
OR
Friend Like Me.

Also, OP, i love you for posting a Pogo Mix song.

I counter with this.

"I want to be like you" from the Jungle Book.

Anything by Alan Menken, basically. Most notably Aladdin, Beuty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Hunchback, and of course Hercules, which has a little more "pop", contrary to the other, more classical scores.

Like this one, from Hercules

And let's not forget Billy Joel's awesome song at the start of Oliver and Co. Pretty much the only thing really worth remembering about that movie, and God it is catchy!

RejjeN:
While probably not the best, it's definitely one of my favourites and it hasn't been mentioned yet sooo :D

And the reprise is also nice :3

Isn't this the guy who voiced Spawn from The Animated Series?

OT: Loop-hole time, this was written by two major figures in the Disney musical scene:

My vote would definitely be for Hellfire sung by Frollo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame

My second favourite song The court of miracles from the same film, but nothing can come close to Hellfire when it comes to Disney songs.

Its too hard to name just one 0.0 But...

One Jump Ahead - Aladdin, is one of my favourites =) I love it. It's been posted already!

Gotta love the Ducktales theme.

Also the Hula song is fantastic

Its probably the best, song by disney

It used to be Part of Your World.
But now that I am older, I prefer songs from Enchanted. Happy Working song is nice. I can never pronounce the lyrics properly though.

One of my favorite Disney songs ever. I think everyone should listen to it

What's great is that you can start belting this out and you can find all the people who have seen Mulan in your area when they start singing along.

God, so many good choices. I can't pick just one.

"Circle of Life" - The Lion King

"Hakuna Matata" - The Lion King

"Reflection"- Mulan

"I'll Make a Man Out of You" - Mulan

"Under the Sea" - The Little Mermaid

"Two Worlds" - Tarzan

"Go the Distance" - Hercules

"This is Halloween" - The Nightmare Before Christmas

"Be Our Guest" - Beauty and the Beast

"Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" - Lilo and Stich

jdogtwodolla:

I see what you did there. Don't think that I didn't. :P

ForgottenPr0digy:
One of my favorite Disney songs ever. I think everyone should listen to it

This one, I like. Good one.

I once had a dream that I was really, really good at singing Prince Ali. But then I woke up. And I was still really good at singing it!

But it's really hard to pick from all the songs from Aladdin, and Be Prepared and the Circle of Life. The intro to the Lion King blew me away when I saw it in the theater in 6th grade.

Most of the popular ones are taken I see. Well...

All of my favorite Disney movie songs have been mentioned, so I'll throw in a classic TV song that I still listen to every now and again.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked