Your all-time favorite Disney song

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Considering the natural law which states that the villain always gets the best song, and that "Be Prepared" is my favorite villain song ever, I guess my vote would have to go there by default. I'm also glad that the likes of "Poor Unfortunate Souls," "Hellfire," and "Friends on the Other Side" have similarly widespread love, along with "I'll Make a Man Out of You" (quite possibly my favorite non-villain Disney song), "The Bells of Notre Dame," and "Prince Ali" on the less malevolent side.

In the category of songs whose brilliance warrants them a bit more attention from this thread...

And now for a loop hole, just by the fact that it was wrought by Disney and placed on a VHS.

Oh man. Going through this thread has brought back so many fond memories of the disney songs. I tried to come up with a list of my own but found it near impossible to find a favorite. I'll just list a few that immediately come to mind. In no particular order:

"Stand Out" & "Eye to Eye" - Goof Troop
"Why Should I Worry" - Oliver & Company
"Reflection" & "Make a Man Out of You" - Mulan
"On My Way", "Zero to Hero" & "I Won't Say I'm In Love" - Hercules
"Elephants on Parade" & "When I See an Elephant Fly" - Dumbo
"O'Mally the Alley Cat" & "Everybody wants to Be a Cat" - Aristocats
"We are Siamese if you Please" - Lady and the Tramp
"This is Halloween" - Nightmare Before Christmas

And many many many more.

To the OP and posters,
Thank you for this thread. Seeing all the songs brought back fond memories and have made me very happy.

Little surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet. Yeah, it doesn't have quite as catchy a tune as some of the others, but it's still a nice piece, and perhaps the single most famous song Disney ever released, to the point that it has practically become the company's leitmotif.

Surpheal:
And now for a loop hole, just by the fact that it was wrought by Disney and placed on a VHS.

If we're counting things like Night on Bald Mountain simply because they borrowed it for Fantasia, then Stravinsky's Firebird Suite deserves a mention too.

I suppose "Colours of the wind"!
But I can't pick, most of them are so good!

Two Worlds is probably one of my all-time favourites, but for songs actually sung in-film Be Prepared naturally gets a vote, as does He Lives In You... I think Lion King probably has the highest concentration of songs I absolutely adore, although props to Fantasia as above since I do love both Night on Bald Mountain and the Firebird Suite (and Sorcerer's Apprentice, is that in Fantasia?)
Also pretty much every track on the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack. Which is a lot.

Yojimzo:

I won't lie... those eyes on the statues have always freaked the fuck out of me. From being a small child watching this up till now.

As bad as the movie is compared to the actual story, this has always been my favourite Disney animated movie, The songs are amazing

Seriously guys? No I'm still here (Jims Theme) From treasure Planet??

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked