X-Play and Attack Of The Show's last episodes aired today.

Let me just start by saying that I was a HUGE fan of G4. I'm aware that a lot of you guys stopped liking it after it stopped being Tech TV but that was before my time. I hopped in with G4 and they lost me after Adam Sessler and (especially) Kevin Pereira left about, what, five or six months ago? it was all downhill for me after that.
Anyway.
I feel this is for the best, I stopped watching after Kevin left but after they rebrand I'll definitely give the new channel a shot. And even if I don't like it, I'll still watch for the E3 and Comic-Con coverage.
Even though I stopped watching I feel I owe it to them to see them out with this last episode. I have far more good memories from the channel than I have bad ones and I'll happily view these goodbyes with all the my negative thoughts and feelings cast aside and just enjoy their finales.
Not to mention that their auctioning off their stuff and all the proceeds to to Child's Play. That's a pretty big plus in my book.

G4 has been basically dead for a long time. I started watching it after the switch from Tech TV, so I never got to see it in it's full glory, but even then it still had a lot of shows that I was interested in. However, as I kept watching, more and more of their shows started getting canceled and replaced with a ridiculous amount of Cops reruns.

Basically, when it got to the point where their only older shows were Xplay and Attack of the Show (which I never really liked, because I think Kevin Pereira is kind of an asshole), the channel was beyond saving. Now they're basically pulling the plug.

That said, I'm still hoping that Code Monkeys will make some kind of return. That show was awesome.

torno:

I feel this is for the best, I stopped watching after Kevin left but after they rebrand I'll definitely the new channel a shot. And even if I don't like it, I'll still watch for the E3 and Comic-Con coverge.

Termination of studio programming and Esquire Channel

On October 26, 2012 it was announced that X-Play and Attack of the Show! would cease by the end of 2012.[35] This would end all of G4's studio programming, leaving it only airing acquired and syndicated programming. Reports of G4 rebranding itself in 2013 into an upscale men's channel appeared previous to the recent programming changes.[36] In December 2012 NBCUniversal inked a deal with Hearst Corporation, the owner of Esquire magazine, to turn G4 into the Esquire Channel, which will air shows aimed at a metrosexual audience about travel, cooking, fashion and some game-related shows.[2] X-Play and Attack of the Show aired their final episodes on January 23, 2013.

I'd say their all done with the Cons and E3 coverage

I still remember the episode where Adam and Morgan buckled under fan requests, reviewed nothing but Star Wars and Final Fantasy games, were forced to jazzercise and Adam got beaten by a fat cosplayer dressed as Yuna.

kanmeikanni:
Wow! Friends! What a good thing! Come take a look! EKEN M009S Tablet PC 7 inch Android 2.3! 51.99 dollars! The best! You're not wrong! The price is the cheapest! http://mmt.su/s/fs

LIAR!! The cheepest I found was free! Now I will never trust you again!

OT- Good. They had been essentially destroying those shows for over a year now. Now that the carcass is buried we won't have to smell the stench. I may have liked those shows once, but they had been essentially dead for quite some time.

I'm with you O.P. The only thing they're good for now is E3 and Comic Con coverage, if they still even do that. They have successfully shot themselves in the foot.

Now they might as well call it the "Cops and Ninja Warrior Reruns" channel.

Revnak:

kanmeikanni:
Wow! Friends! What a good thing! Come take a look! EKEN M009S Tablet PC 7 inch Android 2.3! 51.99 dollars! The best! You're not wrong! The price is the cheapest! http://mmt.su/s/fs

LIAR!! The cheepest I found was free! Now I will never trust you again!

OT- Good. They had been essentially destroying those shows for over a year now. Now that the carcass is buried we won't have to smell the stench. I may have liked those shows once, but they had been essentially dead for quite some time.

Aww, you beat me to it. I was all ready to make fun of the most obvious bot I have ever seen outside of gold sellers.

OT: With the loss of X-play and Attack of the show, G4 is now just a Spike rip-off. Sad to see it go but it was going down hill for the longest time.

I haven't watched it for years -- I only had it when I was in college, ironically enough -- but I would still continue to view whatever content they had online to stream. No matter what people thought of her, I always like Morgan Webb for being a female gamer I could actually look up to and say, "women play video games too!" That was big for me.

I get that they've gone downhill and I'm sad this all had to happen. Last thing we need is another Spike TV look-alike that caters very exclusively to a male audience. Not that gaming wasn't to some degree but these shows had more integrity than Spike TV could cough up in a decade.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked