Worst movie(s) you have ever seen?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I've seen a lot of really bad movies, most of which would destroy most of you considering some of the titles you're naming, but I still say the worst has to be "SSSSSS."

AVP: requiem

Now I only watch movies I've heard were really good or hilarious.

I don't watch many movies, and certainly not movies infamous for being bad, so recent memory will have to do here: The Hurt Locker. People have named movies that achieve nothing or teach the characters nothing, and this manages to do less than nothing. The movie is predictable, bland, and none of the characters grow even a little.

Plus the leading man, Jeremy Renner, is a hack and has no right being in any movies at all, let alone action movies that require emotion or movement.

GunsmithKitten:
snip

Did I see you post that exact same post on another thread like this? Or was it someone else?

Well off the top of my head, 300, Death Proof and Sex and the City 2. The last one I watched just to see if it was that bad, and yes, it indeed was. The first I still hold as the worst and most insulting movie I have ever seen, and the second is a godawful vomit pile of pointless dialogue, despicable characters and incredible boredom.

Honorable mentions go to The Bourne Legacy, Inglourious Basterds (though I'm considering rewatching it to see if I missed the point the first time round) and The Expendables (which I could watch only 40 minutes of before deciding to do something more productive, like pick my nose). I really can't remember much more, because I have been blessed with the ability to forget bad or unremarkable movies pretty soon after I've watched them.

Anathrax:
As the title says. What is the absolute worst movie or movies you have EVER seen. Cartoon, big budget, independent or whatever, if you thought it was so horrid, so crap, post it here.

Mine would have to be Ballistica. Worst dialog ever, even worse acting to rocket it into YOU DO NOT WANT TO WATCH THIS and it clearly rips off the "Ballistica" thing from Equibrium. I think they actually used the same moves. I'd rather have one of Dexter's(Cartoon Network) slapfights with that other guy looped for two hours than watch Boreistica.

It's The Room obviously, but this one also looks hilariously bad:

Surprised to see that there's no mention of "Transmorphers" yet. It may be the only movie I've ever seen that has nudity in the trailer...but none in the actual movie.

In addition to being a poorly written, poorly acted, poorly directed pastiche of Cleopatra 2525, the movie falters particularly in terms of sound editing and visual effects. For one, the sound in the movie is off by about a second and a half through all but the first 10 minutes of the film. So, midway through the film when a character gets punched in the groin, you see him get hit, then crumple over...then hear the sound of him getting hit and his moaning on the floor.

The budget for special effects drops off noticeably as the movie progresses, as well. In early scenes, you'd see a character with a laser rifle firing, you'd hear the sound effect (1.5 seconds late, mind you), and you'd see a laser effect come from the end of the gun.
About a third of the way through the movie, the laser effects just stop. Same with the sound effects. You can Literally see the actors mouthing "pew pew pew" as they fire.

If that's not bad enough, 2/3 of the way through the movie, the actors' rented props start disappearing, and characters begin "shooting" the Transmorpher horde with either chunks of wood meant to represent laser guns or simply nothing at all. Actors will literally mime shooting a laser rifle, with nothing in their hands, while mouthing "pew pew pew"...which you hear a second and a half late.

I wish I could make this stuff up. What's worse? There's a SEQUEL.

One movie that reaaaally makes me angry is Rambo III. Incredibly inferior to all the others. What pisses me off most is the sudden change of tone.

Rambo: Vietnam vet is persecuted by a small town of assholes. So-called civilized country treats its soldiers like animals. *Leave theatre crying like a child.*
Rambo II: Vietnam vet goes on solo mission to rescue American POWs, betrayed by corrupt PMC. Man who just loves his country, isn't loved back. *Leave theatre crying like it's your mother's funeral.*
Rambo III: Vietnam vet goes on solo mission to rescue best friend from USSR base and free noble Afghani people. Blows up helicopters with a tanks, defeats tanks with horses and drives off into the sunset. *Fuck communism. Fuck yeah war.*
John Rambo: Nameless old river man accompanies gung-ho mercenaries to rescue naive war relief hipsters. Kills everything, saves hipsters, finally finds the courage to go back to his family. *Leave treatre and immediately call home teary-eyed to make ammends with your father.*

I don't know what drugs they were on when they shat out the script for Rambo III but it stands as an ugly stain next to what would be a perfect trilogy.

In that respect, it seems in John Rambo they retconned Rambo III out of existence with Rambo still living in Central Asia instead of ever leaving to Afghanistan.

You might want to take my advice and skip Rambo III entirely, it's not worth the running time.

To this day I harbor a grudge against the person who convinced me to watch Freddy Got Fingered.

Marter:
The two Hangover movies. I don't think I've ever seen anything less enjoyable than those two films. A few have come close, but I think those are the worst.

Though, if you like them, good for you.

And in response, I would like to add that the Scorpion King 3 is the worst piece of dreck that I have ever had the misfortune to lay eyes upon.

OT: The worst film? August Undergrounds Mordum. Because, one thing a gorn film shouldn't fucking be is [b]dull[/b]!

The worst I've ever sat through at the cinema was called Fighting. (Wasnt my choice of film). It was just truly, truly awful. Utterly shambolic, but not even in a funny way.

Flesh Gordon meets the Cosmic Cheerleaders...... just atrocious.

Followed by:
Leprechaun 4: In Space
The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent
Evil Brain from Outer Space
The Devil's Rain
Death Bed: The Bed That Eats
Hawk the Slayer

In comparison to those, Troll 2 or La Bete are pure gold.

"Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn"

It...it was just awful. Even for an 80's movie.

The dialogue, the special effects, the acting...all just one giant casserole of "suck".

The best part is the bad guy named "Baal" that everyone keeps calling "Ball".

Oh, and Kelly Preston's in it. So maybe marrying John Travolta wasn't the WORST choice she ever made...

I dunno... A Serbian Film maybe?

You know, it honestly wasn't even that bad all things considered. Maybe a shitty grindhouse flick from the 70's. Something intentionally offensive yet also devoid of any artistic merit or technical skill.

The Wild Blue Yonder. I know the film wasn't supposed to be a basion of accurate scientif portrayals, but this thing was worse than Trek. It included such lines as 'And the astronauts dived into the liquid helium' (wearing normal swimming gear) and 'They (The astronauts) transformed themselves into pure light'.

While perhaps not being the worst movies of all time, I once did a brutal double feature with my buddy. We watched Legion first and then Jonah Hex. Both were movies that I kneow weren't going to be great but I was hoping for some solid entertainment regardless. Nope, just agony.

In the Name of the King, movie based a bit off... Dungeon Siege I think it was, that was a truly awful movie. Worst part is, I saw it had a sequel in the local video store.

worst as in i will gouge my eyes out before i watch it again award goes to zardoz a 1970's movie involving sean connery in a red mankini. word of mouth was at the extent that people leaving a showing would warn people who were lined up to see it

worst as in one of the most disturbing i have ever seen was 'Titicut Follies' a 1967 film where they let a filmaker into a psychiatric hospital in Massachusetts and then the government tried everything in its power to have the film destroyed as what it showed was so bad. its not a film you can dismiss as just being a film

Napoleon Dynamite. I went and saw it with a few friends off of someone's recommendation. None of us cracked a smile even once, over half the theater had walked out on it by the end of the film, and after it was done we pretty much all concluded we should have done the same thing.

The following Monday when we went to school, everyone had seen it and thought it was just hilarious apparently because for about a month everyone was throwing around such gut busting quotes as "gosh" and "do the chickens have large talons"

and people wonder why I didn't want to make friends in high school.

Tangentially related, this looks amazing

Innocence of Muslims was terrible on a level I can't even begin to describe. The only upside is that it isn't actually movie-length.

Prince Regent:
Melancholia, though it had some beautiful shots the film as a whole was irritatingly awful. I was glad when the world finally ended.

If that's the worst you've seen, then your movie diet must be confined to utter masterpieces. It's a very good film.

The only one that comes to mind right now is Rushmore. Incredibly annoying and pointless movie.

Paul Blart Mall Cop.

This was an entire movie about the saddest damn human being in existence, and it just loved torturing him because it thought it was funny.
It wasn't funny.
It was pain. Just...just pain...

bartholen:

GunsmithKitten:
snip

Did I see you post that exact same post on another thread like this? Or was it someone else?

Well off the top of my head, 300, Death Proof and Sex and the City 2. The last one I watched just to see if it was that bad, and yes, it indeed was. The first I still hold as the worst and most insulting movie I have ever seen, and the second is a godawful vomit pile of pointless dialogue, despicable characters and incredible boredom.

Honorable mentions go to The Bourne Legacy, Inglourious Basterds (though I'm considering rewatching it to see if I missed the point the first time round) and The Expendables (which I could watch only 40 minutes of before deciding to do something more productive, like pick my nose). I really can't remember much more, because I have been blessed with the ability to forget bad or unremarkable movies pretty soon after I've watched them.

Depends. If it is a duplicate, I am terribly embaressed....

I know it's not particularly original, but I have to say my honest answer is Transformers 3. I mean, I've seen some bad movies before: Plan 9 From Outer Space, Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus, Mega Shark vs Crocasaurus....The list goes on. But those movies are at least UNINTENTIONALLY entertaining. Transformers 3 however...It's just a chore.

Runner-up: "Funny People". I don't care enough about the movie to waste time explaining why, but....Well, fuck that movie.

EDIT: OH WAIT! I also watched a shitty, "avant-garde" movie for a college class that was just 45 minutes of a single room, with the camera slowly zooming in on what turns out to be a tiny picture of the ocean on a wall. Which would have been fine (boring as fuck, but fine) if it hadn't been for the incessant humming noise in the background that grew steadily louder and higher-pitched over the course of all 45 minutes. It was like being brain-washed. Some other kids in the class reportedly hallucinated a bit. (Seeing faces in the corner of their eye, seeing the entire room as a face....)It got weird.

RufusMcLaser:
To this day I harbor a grudge against the person who convinced me to watch Freddy Got Fingered.

Here's to hoping your rage isn't limited to words. UGH! Only thing I can say positive about it is that it hopefully convinced people once and for all to ignore Tom Green.

Most horror movie remakes, modern day horror movies (minus Cabin in the Woods), hell maybe all horror movies in general.

My most recent being The Amazing Spiderman. My friends actually like that garbage, it gets a bit awkward when its brought up.

Special mention to Transformer 2. I can't help but laugh at failures sometimes.

JudgeGame:
One movie that reaaaally makes me angry is Rambo III. Incredibly inferior to all the others. What pisses me off most is the sudden change of tone.

Rambo: Vietnam vet is persecuted by a small town of assholes. So-called civilized country treats its soldiers like animals. *Leave theatre crying like a child.*
Rambo II: Vietnam vet goes on solo mission to rescue American POWs, betrayed by corrupt PMC. Man who just loves his country, isn't loved back. *Leave theatre crying like it's your mother's funeral.*
Rambo III: Vietnam vet goes on solo mission to rescue best friend from USSR base and free noble Afghani people. Blows up helicopters with a tanks, defeats tanks with horses and drives off into the sunset. *Fuck communism. Fuck yeah war.*
John Rambo: Nameless old river man accompanies gung-ho mercenaries to rescue naive war relief hipsters. Kills everything, saves hipsters, finally finds the courage to go back to his family. *Leave treatre and immediately call home teary-eyed to make ammends with your father.*

I don't know what drugs they were on when they shat out the script for Rambo III but it stands as an ugly stain next to what would be a perfect trilogy.

In that respect, it seems in John Rambo they retconned Rambo III out of existence with Rambo still living in Central Asia instead of ever leaving to Afghanistan.

You might want to take my advice and skip Rambo III entirely, it's not worth the running time.

You gotta give Stallone props, he at least has a slight idea as to what belongs in his two big franchises. Retconning both Rambo 3 and Rocky 5 was worth a sigh of relief.

Also, glad to see I wasn't the only one who got a bit misty eyed at John Rambo finally going home after all the hell he went through.

GunsmithKitten:

Here's to hoping your rage isn't limited to words. UGH! Only thing I can say positive about it is that it hopefully convinced people once and for all to ignore Tom Green.

It cemented my low, low opinion of that man. Eventually Stealing Harvard found a formula that made him tolerable.

Troll 2 is a great. Competently filmed and edited. It's the acting and dialogue that is so bizarre that it just makes it so much fun to watch. I recommend the documentary Best worst movie. It's about the filming and legacy of Troll 2. Awesome film.

And The Room is just brilliant. Cartoon Network trolled us one year and showed it as an April Fools joke. I'm so glad that I sat through it. It's a joy to watch. Plan 9 and Battlefield Earth round out my "so bad its good" list.

As far as awful movies (that I've seen) that aren't fun to watch:
Love guru, Batman and robin, Disaster movie, Kingdom of the Crystal skull, Baby Geniuses, Son of the Mask, Alone in the Dark. Geez, I could go on.

FUCK THIS MOVIE:

It's so bad it damaged my retinas, not to how bad it was, but the 3D glasses have made one eye actually tinted red while the other was tinted blue!

FUCK THIS MOVIE TOO:

This movie is so bad that it doesn't get scary what-so-ever.

AND FUCK THIS MOVIE TOO:

14 jokes and ALL, ALL OF THEM, were movie references!

Hmmmm, going to have to disqualify M. Night Shamamalan (The Last Airbender), Michael Bay (Transformers 2 & 3) and Uwe Boll (Bloodrayne 1, 2 & 3; In the Name of the King 1, 2 & 3 (coming soon)) and go with a less well known entry in the terribad movie genre. Probably also going to avoid SyFy originals as those are doomed from the word 'Go'. With that in mind I'm going to go with 'Frankenhooker' as the worst movie I've seen. The "story" revolves around a scientist who kills hookers for spare parts so that he can build a new body for his dead girlfriend. It's about as terrible as one would imagine from that premise.

Terminate421:
FUCK THIS MOVIE:

It's so bad it damaged my retinas, not to how bad it was, but the 3D glasses have made one eye actually tinted red while the other was tinted blue!

Yeah, I have to agree with this too, that movies 3D was wretched...the movie was also crap too.

I also want to give this movie a mention.
No movie has ever annoyed me more than this...delightful film.

Birdemic.

The acting is pathetic and the special effects look like they were made with Powerpoint.

A few come to mind:

Highlander 2
The Punisher (this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098141/ )

In more recent times, I would qualify "Les Miserables" as a near death experience (went just to make the wife happy)

RedDeadFred:
Birdemic.

The acting is pathetic and the special effects look like they were made with Powerpoint.

I completely agree here! Although I wouldn't call Birdemic the absolute worst movie ever but it is definitely in the top 5.
Now if you want the absolutely, positively worst movies ever devised, for me it would have to be Red Zone Cuba. *Anger Face* Uhhhhh that movie is ABYSMAL! Given, Manos the Hands of Fate comes in a close second but unlike Red Zone Cuba, it didn't make me absolutely angry after watching it. Red Zone Cuba is just truly too tough to top as the worst movie ever made. These other ones mentioned such as the Transformers movies, Freddy Got Fingered and The Love Guru are all good movies in comparison.

GunsmithKitten:

JudgeGame:

You gotta give Stallone props, he at least has a slight idea as to what belongs in his two big franchises. Retconning both Rambo 3 and Rocky 5 was worth a sigh of relief.

Also, glad to see I wasn't the only one who got a bit misty eyed at John Rambo finally going home after all the hell he went through.

It's the ending the series deserved.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked