Worst movie(s) you have ever seen?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I saw Baby Geniuses 2. I still have nightmares about that day.

Spambot 3000:
Innocence of Muslims was terrible on a level I can't even begin to describe. The only upside is that it isn't actually movie-length.

Forgive me for the pain I am about to inflict. I'm afraid the 14(?) minute piece of shit that went on YouTube was just a trailer. There was an actual full-length movie made.

Some movies are so bad that they're actually fun to watch, in a MSTK3000 sort of way. However, sometimes they're just plain BAD. For that, my mind always seems to dredge up Highlander II: The movie that made no sense.

Blood Brain Barrier:

Prince Regent:
Melancholia, though it had some beautiful shots the film as a whole was irritatingly awful. I was glad when the world finally ended.

If that's the worst you've seen, then your movie diet must be confined to utter masterpieces. It's a very good film.

The only one that comes to mind right now is Rushmore. Incredibly annoying and pointless movie.

And if that's YOUR answer, I'll say the same.

OT: All of the Jason Freidberg/Aaron Seltzer movies (Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, etc.). The bane of my existence.

I have seen many crappy movies (mainly due to my mom going "hey, this looks interesting" on a random television channel or on demand), so I'm going to go with the worst movie I've seen in theaters, which would be Transformers 2. Yes, that's predictable, but that was literally the worst movie I've seen in theaters. I was close to walking out a few times, but stayed in there because my younger brother and his friends were also there. A close second is Eragon, for completely butchering the book.

davidmc1158:

Spambot 3000:
Innocence of Muslims was terrible on a level I can't even begin to describe. The only upside is that it isn't actually movie-length.

Forgive me for the pain I am about to inflict. I'm afraid the 14(?) minute piece of shit that went on YouTube was just a trailer. There was an actual full-length movie made.

What? Oh no ... OH GOD NO. How can anyone have sat through the entire movie development - AN ENTIRE FULL-LENGTH MOVIE - and not ONCE looked at it and thought 'Wow, this is a complete piece of half-digested shit'. Just ... NO.

The Spirit and the two Ghost Rider movies.

RufusMcLaser:
To this day I harbor a grudge against the person who convinced me to watch Freddy Got Fingered.

daddy would you like some sausage? daddy would you like some sau-age-es

I'd recomend Nostalga chicks reviw of it

Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.
My God. This does not exist. It is hell. It must be...

Terminate421:
FUCK THIS MOVIE:

It's so bad it damaged my retinas, not to how bad it was, but the 3D glasses have made one eye actually tinted red while the other was tinted blue!

But... it has Taylor Lautner riding on a giant cookie. How is it bad?

Two come to mind; Dune from way back in the day, and Apollo 18. Both require explanation.

Dune was just boring. Boooooring. It's basically Star Wars without all the excitement and interesting characters and story. Patrick Steward couldn't save this unfun fucker, and the whole "whispering as internal dialogue" thing was unnecessary. I cut out when the royal family of desert-dwelling pants-pissers were getting all freaked out because the one guy knew how a fucking camel pack worked.

A girl I was dating and I had decided to see Apollo 18 for a date, and it was no longer showing when we got to theatre. No biggy, we went to see Contagion instead. I got a chance to see it later, and I was- well, I was expecting it to be bad, but I was hoping it would be the "so bad it's good" kinda bad, like there was a xenomorph knockoff prowling around on the moon. But no, those little rock spider things? That's it. That's all that's up there. And everyone dies at the end, rendering the whole thing pointless. Oh, umm, spoilers I guess. Even if you know it's going to be bad, it's a fucking disappointment. Just do what we did and watch Contagion instead.

edit: Whoops sorry, Apollo 13 was a different movie. Correcting...

I lasted a grand total of 20mins before I had to skip chunks in the futile hope it got slightly better.......NOPE.

Marter:
The two Hangover movies. I don't think I've ever seen anything less enjoyable than those two films. A few have come close, but I think those are the worst.

Though, if you like them, good for you.

I liked the first one, not so much the second one.

OT: The Last Airbender. I wasn't even a huge fan of the original show and I still found this movie to be a disgrace to it.

The pacing was way too fast. Aang didn't even get to introduce himself until the gang got the the old Airbender temple, which was where the third episode in the show took place I believe. Of course, the movie was pretty much doomed from the start trying to abridge the entire first season.

It wasn't very engaging either. My youngest nephew fell asleep during the movie. :/

Terminate421:
FUCK THIS MOVIE:

It's so bad it damaged my retinas, not to how bad it was, but the 3D glasses have made one eye actually tinted red while the other was tinted blue!

Funny thing, the kid who played as Shark Boy ended up becoming Jacob from Twilight from what I've heard.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "worst".

In one corner, we have Megiddo: The Omega Code II. This movie has Michael York with full Michael York accent playing the President of the European Union who is somehow able to dissolve the UN and establish a one world government because STOPASKINGQUESTIONS! For some reason that may or may not have been explained in the beginning (I started the movie partway in), his younger brother is an American who ends up being President of the USA. If the words "one world government" didn't get the hairs on the back of your neck standing, it turns out that York is also SATAN! And he's attacking Jerusalem. Because FUCKYOUDON'TASKQUESTIONS! Naturally the American President leads the battle against him from the front lines, and in a move that kinda sorta makes sense geo-politically but defies every right-wing conspiracy belief likely to be held by the intended audience of this movie, The Chinese Army shows up at the end to help with the final battle on the side of America against Satan. Of course in the end Satan beats the earthly forces so God steps in and kills all the bad guys and then ushers in paradise.

Megiddo is hilariously bad. But at least some enjoyment can be gotten out of it by laughing at it's lack of awareness of how bad it is.

Armageddon, (hah, the names etymologically link!) on the other hand, represents what is worst in Hollywood movie-making. Cliche from top to bottom, a paint-by-numbers movie that cynically tugs at every heart string it can to make you think you've had a moving experience.

I should probably think of a term for this, but every once in a while I run across a movie where the protagonists are so annoying/predictable/smug/whatever that I find myself rooting for bad guys to win.

The two that immediately come to mind are Avatar and The Italian Job (the newer one with Marky Mark).

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the genius that is...

The Amazing Bulk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywaR-Lq_ayk

Easy, the man with the iron fist. The action was bland and uninteresting, RZA couldn't act if his life depended on it, the characters were boring, they made "huge" reveals about things we knew nothing about previously about characters we know nothing about, and they explain nothing about anything. The worst thing is, that it could've been good. But instead it was shite.

This is a doozy of a question since I have actively sought out bad movies to laugh at with friends. Worst I've seen in a long time though has to be "L'attaque des Sansues". A sub-B rated French horror movie about leeches on steroids that scream as they kill people. The acting, plot, writing and cinematography are all so lackluster that the movie is not only stupid but boring as well. The protagonists have no excuse for allowing themselves to be killed by leeches on land that move at a slow crawl.

Blood Brain Barrier:

Prince Regent:
Melancholia, though it had some beautiful shots the film as a whole was irritatingly awful. I was glad when the world finally ended.

If that's the worst you've seen, then your movie diet must be confined to utter masterpieces. It's a very good film.

Well you're not wrong, Ive recently started watching a lot of films, old and new, that are considered to be great by a lot of sites and the great reviews are the reason that I watched it in the first place. I remember that I actually liked the Wagner music as well as the visuals and the idea of a planet coming to destroy everything But during the whole film I just didn't care for any of the characters, I felt the film wanted me to feel something for them at some point, but during the whole film I just felt mildly annoyed and wondered when something interesting would happen or when people would stop whining and making poor decisions. :P And then the world ended.

Well maybe it wasn't as much the worst movie that ive seen, but the most disappointing one. If you will, Im curious to know why you (and the apparent rest of the world) think its such a good movie.

OT After giving it some more thought "De scheepsjongens van de Bontekoe" is also one of the worst things that I can remember watching.

Gotta go with Due Date.

Now, when a normal movie is bad, you can at least make fun of it. But, for me, there's nothing worse than a bad comedy, because you can't even LAUGH at it.

This movie was just horrid. I've seen alot of shit (Twilight: New Moon and Transformers: Dark of the Moon, for starter), but this is the only, the ONLY time I have ever walked out on a movie because of how bad it was.

lunam-kardas:
Paul Blart Mall Cop.

This was an entire movie about the saddest damn human being in existence, and it just loved torturing him because it thought it was funny.
It wasn't funny.
It was pain. Just...just pain...

Yeah this... it just wasn't funny on any level... I mean every joke comes down to, because he's fat...<.<

and the worst part is that this movie came out the same year as Observe and Report, a movie I actually liked, which shared a very similar premise, but it had a sense of humor more complex than a third grader... so it was actually able to pull of the ironic dark comedy...<.<

Prince Regent:

Blood Brain Barrier:

Prince Regent:

Well maybe it wasn't as much the worst movie that ive seen, but the most disappointing one. If you will, Im curious to know why you (and the apparent rest of the world) think its such a good movie.

I didn't think it was brilliant, and I was actually disappointed on leaving the cinema given the hype beforehand. But thinking about it after, there was actually very good idea underlying the movie that didn't quite come out properly straight away (and maybe it wasn't meant to). The idea of the misfit who is viewed as a 'good for nothing' by others and feels completely on another level from friends and family, and yet who finally finds an important role in a situation where everyone else is useless, is such a universal theme and something that I felt I had a connection to. It's more observant about the role of the outcast, depression, culture in general and human behavior than most other movies can manage.

Terminate421:
FUCK THIS MOVIE:

In his defense, it's not even the 3rd worst movie Taylor Lautner has been in.

OT: Bug. 1 hour 20 minutes of a boring conspiracy theorist going crazy and driving the woman helping him crazy till they both self immolate. Between them and the audience, they were the lucky ones.

EDIT: Also, The Last Airbender and Adventures of Pluto Nash, obviously. I never watched either one, because I wanted to live.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

I've seen it four times (once in the theater) it's that bad. Love it.

The Horrors of Spider Island is probably the worst movie I've ever seen with it's terrible acting, lame dialogue, poor lighting that made me squint sometimes and crappy story that didn't live up to the name.

And Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland is the worst I've seen in the cinemas with the only good thing being the graphics, every thing else should be condemned.

bigfatcarp93:

The Amazing Bulk.

Damn ninjas.

Here's Obscuras Lupa's review of it if you don't want to subject yourself to the whole thing. Which I don't recommend. I actually felt like I was going to inflict physical harm on someone. It's that bad.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/ol/olp/36207-the-amazing-bulk

My distant second is probably Leeches. I think it was a Syfy channel original. A college swim team (male btw so you can't even watch it for the hope of nudity) Is attacked by mutant leeches that are attracted to their steroid rich blood.

It is just as pointless as it sounds.

darkcalling:

bigfatcarp93:

The Amazing Bulk.

Damn ninjas.

Here's Obscuras Lupa's review of it if you don't want to subject yourself to the whole thing. Which I don't recommend. I actually felt like I was going to inflict physical harm on someone. It's that bad.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/ol/olp/36207-the-amazing-bulk

My distant second is probably Leeches. I think it was a Syfy channel original. A college swim team (male btw so you can't even watch it for the hope of nudity) Is attacked by mutant leeches that are attracted to their steroid rich blood.

It is just as pointless as it sounds.

Yay, my first Ninja-ing!

OT: Yeah, seeing OL's review is what made me want to see it. I just HAD t find out if it was for real. And unfortunately, it was...

Three words will describe the worse movie I ever saw: Bat Credit Card.

Manos: The Hands of Fate. It is the worst. It was a Herculean feat to watch the entire thing (and I was watching it with MST3K).

It's not just bad acting, or a barely-there plot, or special effects that were very special if you know what I mean.

Above all else, it was boring. There was nothing to laugh at, like the Room. There was nothing to have any kind of reaction to. It was just incredibly dull.

I'm not kidding when I tell you I would have rather spent the same amount of time staring at a wall.

Terminate421:
FUCK THIS MOVIE:

I saw that movie when I was seven, and even Then I was cringing at the awful dialogue. I have seen worse movies though: namely Birdemic: Shoack and Terror (look it up).

Jeff, Who Lives at Home. It's a "feelgood" movie that tried so hard it turns "feelannoyed." It also advertized itself as a laugh out loud comedy, but there were two vaguely funny parts.
There have only been two movies I have gone to in which people walked out: Pan's Labyrinth when idiots found out it's subtitled, and Jeff, Who Lives at Home. At Pan's, only three, five people max left, and the theatre was packed. Jeff had 20 or so people in the theatre (not including my group) at first, and at the end, only three people were left. I would have left too, but my friend was loving it, and we took one car.

The basic problem is that it's about a slacker that tries to find his meaning in life, finds it, and then in the end does nothing. No one should see the movie, but I'll still put the main problems in a spoiler because some people are stupid and will still try to see it, and I don't want to ruin their awful journey.

BTW, I like some movies where nothing happens, but they were good. This one just goes nowhere aggravatingly.

The Scorpion King 2 and 3. Oh sweet jesus. They look cheap and ugly, and such terrible awkward acting is prevalent throughout both films. They are both incredibly painful to watch after such an amusing first film.

Passion of the christ - movie is essentially watching a guy getting beaten up to the point of oblivion. Seconds? no thank you

and the last airbender. yeaaah, was unforgivablely embarassing for mr m. night shayamalan

Sacman:

lunam-kardas:
Paul Blart Mall Cop.

This was an entire movie about the saddest damn human being in existence, and it just loved torturing him because it thought it was funny.
It wasn't funny.
It was pain. Just...just pain...

Yeah this... it just wasn't funny on any level... I mean every joke comes down to, because he's fat...<.<

and the worst part is that this movie came out the same year as Observe and Report, a movie I actually liked, which shared a very similar premise, but it had a sense of humor more complex than a third grader... so it was actually able to pull of the ironic dark comedy...<.<

God, I wish it was just stabbing cruelly at his rotund physique for a laugh. But you forgot all of the other things this movie absolutely loved to tear into:

-It straight up tells us his ex wife only married him and had his kid so she could become a citizen of the US and as soon as that was cleared, she bounced, abandoning both him and their daughter.
-He desperately wants to be a protector of the public, but of course the poor man has a hypoglycemic medical condition which only kicks in when the movie deems it to be the most humiliating possible moment, so he has never been able to qualify to be a police officer, despite numerous attempts to do so and the absolutely god awful caricatures that call themselves cops act like the mere idea of his dream is the funniest damn thing on the planet.
-His coworkers at the mall don't treat him with a shred of dignity...HELL, the only person who treats Paul Blart like a human being is his daughter, who surprise surprise, the movie also pokes fun at because le gasp, she's fat.

I could go on and on but JESUS why would I want to?!

Damn, I'm not really sure. Most of the bad movies out there I usually avoid, laugh at, or just watch a review or riff of other people watching it. One that comes to mind right now is The Last Airbender. At least with something like Dragonball Evolution I can laugh at it for how much it completely misses the point of the show. There was nothing to laugh at in The Last Airbender (besides the penis hair thing), it was just a pain to sit through. Horrible acting, dialogue composed of mainly exposition, crappy effects, a lack of any character depth or humor, and just plain boring. Granted, I'm not a big enough fan of the show, although I do enjoy it, that it pisses me off, same with Dragonball Evolution. Now, if they were to make a live-action film of something I love, like Death Note (which I'm fully aware they're making), Evangelion, Madoka Magica, or even somehow FLCL, and those turned out to be really, really shitty, then I'd have a reason to throw a fit.

Another one that comes to mind is Tim Burton's Chronicles of Narnia, oh...wait, sorry, I mean Alice in Wonderland. Like Dragonball Evolution, it misses the entire point of the source material, in favor of having big epic battle scenes that Alice in Wonderland never had and a coherent plot to a story that doesn't really have or needed a coherent plot. It puts logic and reason into a world that's not suppose to have any logic or reason. It's even sadder since a lot of the designs, characters, and overall look of the film would've worked fine if it were a much more faithful adaptation, and Tim Burton seemed like an ideal choice to direct an Alice in Wonderland movie, whether it really was his fault or if there was a lot of studio interference, although his track record hasn't been great as of late.

I'm sure there's more movies I've seen that's probably worse, but I mostly specialize in bad anime rather than bad films.

The Garden of Love
Resident Evil: Afterlife

Highly hard to decide...
Though while Garden of Love is a horror/splatter movie without quality, Afterlife is a movie lacking everything.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked