Worst movie(s) you have ever seen?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Well, only using films people have seen:

The Happening.

My god.

Stag Night.

That was the worst piece of shit movie I've ever seen. The only entertainment that could be derived from that movie is ripping on it the entire time.

theSteamSupported:
Like Quentin Tarantino tells us to, I have sworn to never hate a movie. To never leave the theater or shut down the TV, filled with hostility and rage. I don't hate any movie...

...but I sure know when a movie hates me!
http://blip.tv/brows-held-high/brows-held-high-trash-humpers-4678636

is that you Kyle?.....

I never even knew movies like trash humpers existed...or could be considered advant garde

OT: the best movies to "hate on" are the ones that arent awful, but take themselfs seriously when they arent good enough to be taken seriously

Sex and the City 1 and 2. I watched both. The memory alone pains me, so please don't ask me to elaborate.

Limiting myself to ones I've actually personally seen, rather than just heard about or seen reviews of, I might have to go with Inglorius Basterds. A confused and poorly written mess that doesn't know what its trying to do or say.
I saw half of Napoleon Dynamite before getting bored and ignoring the rest so that probably counts as well, though the active dislike towards Basterds trumps it

House at the End of the Street. It was a very non-scary horror movie with horrible dialog, stupid characters, it's poorly written and the shaky cam... My GOD the shaky cam! I know the movie was low-budget, but really? Could not afford at least one fucking tripod? Or maybe they were trying to use shaky cam, throughout the ENTIRE movie(no seriously, not exaggerating, the entire movie is endless shaky cam), as a stylistic effect, but all it was was annoying. First movie I ever walked out of.

There's also Stranger Than Fiction. I think what hit me most was that it was advertised as a comedy but it just wasn't. It wasn't funny at all. All the remotely funny stuff was in the trailer. Maybe it's just because I really don't like Will Ferrell in general. It had an interesting and unique premise, and the actors were really good for their roles, but even when I just decided to try and look at it from a dramatic perspective it was just boring and all over the place.

Worst made? One of the standard go-to's, I suppose: Plan 9, Birdemic, Troll 2, or The Room. There's a zombie fick called "Flesheater" I have that is also pretty terrible. Hand held cameras (the home-video kind) and weekend actors.

One I hated most? Terminator Salvation.

Terminator 1 & 2 were some of the most perfect Sci-Fi/Action pieces in existence, T3 was lesser but harmless... how did you guys fuck this up so bad?

Tell me when and where in a post-apocalyptic, war-ravaged, killer-machine-infested, bleak and hopeless wasteland would a woman find the time or motivation to keep her teeth sparkling white... tell me, dammit! You can't, cuz it's beyond stupid. Oh, and CGI Arnold.... CGI anything is bad enough... but an actual human being?... in a live action movie?... awe fuck. And that stupid bro-nod at the end. And Christian Bale being all "I know what you are." (then at the end of the same scene) "WHAT ARE YOU?!?!?!?!". The shitty remix of the original theme in the opening credits. And the whole time, the whole time (!!!), boooooooooring. The final insult: they dedicate the thing to Stan Winston - might as well shit on his grave while you're at it, hopefully his spinning sends a few chunks back your way.

I'm still disappointed in myself for not walking out on that one, then asking for my money back, then punching everyone who worked at the theatre for supporting the system, then lighting fire to said theatre, and then scooping my own eyes out and tossing them into a volcano. Damn this curiosity.

Starship Troopers 2

The 1st is a cult classic (and an amazing movie). The sequel was by comparison, dog shit. It's so bad that I haven't even brought myself to watch the 3rd (and 4th?). To me, there is only 1 Starship Troopers and it is directed by Paul Verhoeven. A film-making genius.

Another one would have to be 'Spawn' (1997)

Words cannot describe the amount of suck this movie is...in fact the special effects are so bad I thought I was watching someone play a shitty low-budget N64 game.

"Manos":The Hands of Fate is by the far the worst movie I've ever seen and perhaps the worst movie ever. It "Manos" (yes, that is exactly how the title is written) was made on a bet by a manure salesman. The camera used to film it could only shoot for 30 seconds at a time and had no sound. The cast of about a dozen was dubbed over with maybe three people, so there are scenes where characters are basically talking to themselves. There are huge gaps where no one talks and nothing happens. The sound is so bad that it can be impossible to tell what the characters are saying. The plot is nonsensical and the score (when there is one) sounds like a drum set that was pushed down a hill.
My second choice for worst movie would be Monster A Go Go, which is actually two unfinished movies spliced together with narration. Because the movie was never really finished it doesn't really have an ending, it just stops and has some bullshit narration. The budget for this movie was so low that at one point a phone is ringing and it is clearly just some guy off camera going "brrring."

Marter:
The two Hangover movies. I don't think I've ever seen anything less enjoyable than those two films. A few have come close, but I think those are the worst.

Though, if you like them, good for you.

I second this, especially with the second one. That movie made me so infuriated that I was ready to torch anything and anyone on the spot. Anyone who's seen my previous posts will know exactly why.

Vault101:

theSteamSupported:
Like Quentin Tarantino tells us to, I have sworn to never hate a movie. To never leave the theater or shut down the TV, filled with hostility and rage. I don't hate any movie...

...but I sure know when a movie hates me!
http://blip.tv/brows-held-high/brows-held-high-trash-humpers-4678636

is that you Kyle?.....

I never even knew movies like trash humpers existed...or could be considered advant garde

OT: the best movies to "hate on" are the ones that arent awful, but take themselfs seriously when they arent good enough to be taken seriously

First of all, no, I'm just a fan of his. (He's funnier and more appealing than NC)

Secondly, never hate a movie.

Ralen-Sharr:
My brother made me watch a pile of garbage called "Eraserhead."
So I made him watch "the human centipede," I think I still owe him another horrible movie.

I think you owe him an apology. And perhaps electroshock therapy so he forgets everything.

My winners are Battlefield Earth, a 3 hour epic by Dianetics guru L. Ron Hubbard, and Ultraviolet, an 87 minute movie about nonsense that felt like it was 3 hours long.

The runner-ups are Hoodlum and Killing Zoe. They were so bad and so dull that we needed to stop watching during the film.

Hannibal942:
Sex and the City 1 and 2. I watched both. The memory alone pains me, so please don't ask me to elaborate.

2 was almost redeemable and then the ending began with a whole bunch of racist and ludicrously inconsiderate actions on the part of the women.

I still throw up a little bit in my mouth when I remember M Night's Last Airbender... My sister dragged me to see it, she said she liked it but I just laughed in her face. The acting was just so bad, the writing was horrendous, I can never look at the animated series the same way again.

Skyline.
Good gods that was terrible!

Going off memory, I've got to say that the newer Conan the Barbarian movie (not the one with Arnold of course, the other one).

I don't know why exactly, I just did not like it. Got talked into seeing the 3D version which was a waste of money. No 3D in the entire film. Plus Conan was just so angry all the time. (Dude, chill out. Look! Pretty ladies!). All in all, just a lacklustre film.

The Eragon movie was also a great disappointment. Loved the books but the movie is something I try really hard to forget happened.

Birdemic: for it's overall technical/editing problems.

Southland Tales: The Story make almost no sense and is completely stupid.

HeWhoFightsBosses:
I still throw up a little bit in my mouth when I remember M Night's Last Airbender... My sister dragged me to see it, she said she liked it but I just laughed in her face. The acting was just so bad, the writing was horrendous, I can never look at the animated series the same way again.

This except the throw up part and the viewing the series different part and I shouted at someone who said they liked this movie and explained to them why they didn't like it. Still haven't seen it all though

Flame shield on...
Naw... forget it, I don't even want a flame shield.
Flame shield off.

Inception.
Yeah you heard right, Inception.
Not the most over rated movie, or the most mediocre movie. It was the worst movie I've ever seen.
It's a movie that can't get over how good it's supposed to be. It's a 10 premise squeezed out by a 1 execution.
The script spends 30% of the time explaining technology behind the inception process, 60% of the time repeating its self and 10% of the time over complicating the plot without ever making us care about what's going on.
And in case listening to Ellen Page paraphrase what Leo DiCaprio just got done repeating from Dileep Rao for the umpteenth time made you completely tune out the plot is pretty much: Fugitive misses his kids. What's he convicted of? Killing his wife. How does he resolve this conflict? By doing a shady favor for a Chinese man.
Seems like the simplest thing in the world to write. Wife is dead, Kids are kids, Chinese man is shady, all the writer has to make us do is care about one character and you have an entire plot in the bag. But far from making us care about this character the script completely fails to humanize him in any way.
and through the whole dream dynamic you get to spend a lot of time with the wife and see just how inhuman she is too. (They're perfect for each other. But that still doesn't help the audience get attached)

So maybe this isn't a character drama, maybe we need to look at it like an exploration of the fictional technology. It would make sense dam near 90% of the dialog is strait out of an instruction manual anyway. But there in lies the problem. If you're following the technobabbal (Which is really fucking easy since they repeat everything ad nauseum in increasingly shorter words) you'll notice just how many rules they tend to make up on the stop. If the dreamer loses gravity the dream loses gravity, seems simple enough. But it doesn't stack, so if there's a dreamer inside a dream that loses gravity their dream is unaffected, and there's no mention of or explanation for this phenomenon. Which is infuriating because every other thing that happens never gets dropped. (There's a five minute scene where they explain how exponents work 3 times)

It's easily Christopher Nolan's least visually interesting movie. Lots of that lies with the sloppiness of the writing. How do we direct 7 people in a car? You don't. It necessitates tight angles whip-pans or an over abundance of cuts per shot all 3 of which are directorial no-no's if done in excess. and the entire movie is far too many people in far too small a space saying way to much.

Chris Nolan also has this habit of showing you the end of the movie in the first shot which he can make work if there's some message or overall point to the story being told like in The Prestige, but in Inception it just doesn't mean anything (That shot doesn't have any meaning at the end of the movie either but still.)

Alexander followed by Date Movie.

The first... man, that movie did not know when to END and was so over indulgent and poorly cast... I have never wanted to leave a theater so badly in my entire movie going life. The worst part of it was my girlfriend at the time HAD to watch it for a class, so we couldn't leave! It was torture!

As for Date Movie... just... so terrible, I would not have seen it had it not been free.

Worst film I've seen all the way though, has got to be the Second Starship Troopers movie. It's the only movie that ever had me screaming at the actors on screen.

Worst film ever though is XXX: State of the Union. I had to stop watching it when they got into a tank chase on an aircraft carrier. Ungh.

Green Lantern. Yeah, I wound up seeing it with friends. The whole time I didn't know whether or not to start laughing or start projectile vomiting throughout the screen. Every single time anything remotely interesting was about to happen, the movie just completely craps itself and cringes away in embarrassment. Also, DEAR GOD STOP LOOKING AT THE CAMERA LIKE A SAD PUPPY RYAN REYNOLDS! Last but not least, Warner Brothers... next time you make one of these movies just MAKE A DAMN COSTUME INSTEAD OF PISSING AWAY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON A CHEAP LOOKING GREEN SCREEN SPECIAL EFFECT!!

Spanglish.

Adam Sandler and a jewfro. Only good parts are where he cries like a bitch and when the mom pwns her daughter for being fat. Other than that, bland premise, lame movie. Don't care about the intended audience.

Worst movies of all time:
1) Anything with Julia Roberts in.
2) James Bond movies with the lemon sucking Daniel Craig
3) Hypocritical movies that depict women being violent against men whilst the man is not allowed to be violent back and its meant to be funny or you "show him girl".

Disaster Movie and The Bourne Legacy

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - I walked out after the bomb scene.

Fantastic Four - My friend got me in for free and I still walked out.

Avatar - After 40 minutes, I stopped being in awe of the amazing graphics and realized it was a painfully dull and predictable movie. I spent the rest of the time loathing the people who convinced me to see it. And since they were with me, I couldn't walk out.

Rawne1980:
The Village and Open Water.

The Village. Nothing happens, nothing at all. The only good part are the monsters and even they are old folk in costumes.

Wait seriously? I loved the Village, it was amazingly immersive and brought up some really important issues.
Personally, it was some animated Disney called Home on the Range... *Shudder* it was aweful.
Mainly though, I try to avoid films if they look bad.
Also of note, Avatar and Skyfall I thought were dreadful although most people like them so I try to keep quiet about them.

Colour-Scientist:
I would say 'The Room' but I prefer to think of it as a work of comedic genius.

I looooooooove the Room

I cannot wait for Tommy and "Mark" to come back to LA for their screening's Q&As, got to see their last one before their Europe tour.....it was glorious!!!

Twyce:

Colour-Scientist:
I would say 'The Room' but I prefer to think of it as a work of comedic genius.

Oh hai, Colour-Scientist!

Anyways, I'd have to say Birdemic or Troll 2. Both are so terrible that they are almost good.

ah thank you! someone else knows of the glory of troll 2

i mean this scene...just...REALLY?!?!

just...so bad. and that has absolutely zero representation of what the plot is about.

there are so so so many things bad about it...

Mikeyfell:
Flame shield on...
Flame shield off.

Inception.
Not the most over rated movie, or the most mediocre movie. It was the worst movie I've ever seen.

sorry but I really cant take you seriously when you say that

Vault101:

Mikeyfell:
Flame shield on...
Flame shield off.

Inception.

sorry but I really cant take you seriously when you say that

I don't understand if your brain works properly.
Please explain to me what is so baffling about seeing the sentence "It was the worst movie I've ever seen." in a thread entitled "Worst Movie(s) You Have Ever Seen?"
Because if that is truly shocking to you you should be sectioned.

If you're just trying to troll me because you like Inception that's one thing, but it's weird to say "You rephrased the question in your answer! *Gasp* You can't be serious!" Or if superlatives make you skeptical why click on a thread with one in the title?

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm having a pretty hard time taking you seriously when you say that.

Mikeyfell:
[snip.

its just when people take a movie...one thats considered generally good and use "WORST MOVIE EVAH!" its just an annoying use of hyperbole

oh sure...point out its flaws, say why its bad, thats fine you can explain your problems with it and I have no reason to debate you there

but "worst movie ever!" <-no....in terms of everything that makes a movie good its really not

Vault101:

its just when people take a movie...one thats considered generally good and use "WORST MOVIE EVAH!" its just an annoying use of hyperbole

oh sure...point out its flaws, say why its bad, thats fine you can explain your problems with it and I have no reason to debate you there

but "worst movie ever!" <-no....in terms of everything that makes a movie good its really not

So general consensus is not to be swayed from?

What exactly makes a movie good, by the way. You say that but, it's poorly written (So much so that it makes the decent acting irrelevant) It was so poorly directed that the only reason the editing team didn't hang them selves is because movies are recorded digitally now.

What is the "Everything that makes a movie good" if not the writing, acting and directing.
Set production?
Visual effects?
Score?

Yes Inception had a high production value the budget shows on screen but that's all flash and no core and the flash isn't even flashy enough to distract from the lack of a core.
It was intended to be, and is put together like a movie with a heart but it's completely lacking.

Even Michael Bay's Transformers were sparkly and stupid enough for you to seizure out while all the nothing was going on.
Inception just makes you wallow in the well produced nothing.

If you try to pay attention there's nothing there and if you just turn your brain off there's nothing there.
There's no target audience, unless people just like being talked down to by Ellen Page.

Mikeyfell:

So general consensus is not to be swayed from?

no...I just question your judgement if you genuinly think something like the room or whatever is better than inception

If you try to pay attention there's nothing there and if you just turn your brain off there's nothing there.
There's no target audience, unless people just like being talked down to by Ellen Page.

IMO target audience is a dirty word which does nothing but re-enforce sterotypes

A 1970s French film called "I Will Walk Like A Crazy Horse" by a pretentious psychopath called Fernando Arrabal. It is completely overwrought with unnecessary and painfully obvious symbolism yet somehow manages to say nothing and be about nothing. It is also painfully unpleasant to watch.

From what I could tell the film is about a man who after an incestuous relationship with his mother murders her, (which may or may not have been as part of a bizarre sex act,) runs off too the desert to live with a weird guy who lives with a goat and eats sand. For some reason they return to civilisation where the weird gay gets confused by it all, they kill a hooker for some reason, and try to flee police who are investigating the man's mother's murder. The man gets shot in the escape but is brought back to the desert by the weird guy who subsequently cannibalises him before finally the weird guy morphs into the man. Roll credits.

It contains a random assortment of shit including:
- Communal back-to-back shitting.
- A screaming naked woman getting strapped to a tree and having her tongue cut out.
- Weird guy marrying a woman who turns out to have a wang.
- Weird guy eating a shit covered flower pulled out of said woman's bottom.
- Something to do with hanging.
- Bad cross-dressing.
- Weird guy offending a church congregation by touching the Jesus figure, subsequently getting stripped naked with the other man, placed in a giant plastic ball and rolled down a hill
- So much other shit that I can't even recall.

Finally, it's called "I Will Walk Like A Crazy Horse" which has nothing to do with fucking anything. Fuck you film and fuck you Fernando Arrabal you weirdo.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here