Favourite sweet?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Despite being old enough to drink, I don't see the appeal of alcohol. However, I have never grown out of having a very clear sweet tooth. As such, I eat a lot of sweets.

My personal favourite sweet is the apple megasour. For anyone who hasn't had one, these things live up to their name. They aren't like modern sour sweets where you need several to get any real effect, oh no. They hurt. I buy them and get warned repeatedly that they hurt. However, get past the sour coating (which is quite a fun challenge when you are used to them) and you get a really nice hard sweet.

So, now my opinion is out of the way, I ask you fellow escapists; what is your favourite sweet?

Chocolate, or Marzipan, or some thing I can't translate..., or Nougat, or cinnamon candies, I just can't pick one...

I too have an enormous sweet-tooth (and no great fondness for alcohol)

Peach rings.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm tasty goodness.

Not the sour ones, though. I can't stand sour sweets.

It's a shame these peach rings are a lot rarer in the UK now. :/ I barely see them, 'cept in the occasional Pick'n'mix stand.

Jelly babies

AND THEY ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN THIS COUNTRY!

Not to forget the marvelous variations of fudge you can get on the Royal Yacht Britannia's fudge shop in Edinburgh.

sky14kemea:
Peach rings.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm tasty goodness.

Ooo, these are good too. And a lot more abundant 'round here.

Also, I haven't seen you post in a thread and not lock it in a long time!

Quaxar:

Don't tempt her, she's mad with power that one ;)

and ooohh.. fudge was forgetting about that one...

I like Werther's... pronounced the proper way...

Chocolate, like most other folks, and whatever else takes my fancy I guess... no real favourite though.

Quaxar:

....Well that hurts my feelings. :'[

You may have a point though. Let's try not to jinx it. =P

SckizoBoy:

Chocolate, like most other folks, and whatever else takes my fancy I guess... no real favourite though.

Wait, I'm confused. How many ways can you pronounce werther's exactly?

not much of a fan of sweets although i admit while chocolate usually gives me massive headaches i still stupidly eat the stuff

my favorite is this stuff
problem is the stuff varies greatly from shop to shop and i only like a very specific type sold only in about 1 in 20 gas stations and nowhere else

also special shout out to the timtam
hard to get these outside of australia but it's not often you find a biscuit named after a horse that also double as a straw

I really love chocolate. I especially love it when it is smooth milk chocolate, like the Dove, Milka, Cadbury, and Hershey's Symphony. It's influenced some of my other favorites too: I love chocolate chunk cookies(SOOOO MUUUUCH CHOCOLAAATE!). I could go for some now, actually. Fucking goddamnit though: I'm trying to eat healthier here Escapists! STAHP TEMPTING ME!

I don't know what's wrong with me but I simply adore cola candy. There's just something about them I can't resist...

Snickers or Cadbury Double Deckers. Except the latter I have to go to a specialty shop to get. Stupid not getting European chocolates in Canada.

M&Ms or Mini Eggs. I'm a sucker for chocolate in a crunchy shell. Except Smarties... They suck.

I loved Reese's Pieces the one time I got to have some, but nowhere sells them in England.

polvorons.
I love goldilocks polvorons.

Are we talking sweets or chocolate?

Favourite Sweet: Sour skittles, those things FUCKING RULE! Infact ANY SKITTLES! Because fuck bitches they are Skittles.

Favourite Chocolate: Galaxy, melt in your mouth goodness, nom nom nom.

Keoul:
I don't know what's wrong with me but I simply adore cola candy. There's just something about them I can't resist...
*image snip*

I agree, I don't care what anyone says, cola bottle sweets are the shit, both the "fizzy"/sugary and non-"fizzy" variants are great.

MiskWisk:

SckizoBoy:

Wait, I'm confused. How many ways can you pronounce werther's exactly?

It is seen as the quintessentially English sweet, even though it's German. So it is pronounced 'VAIRT-hers'. Causes no end of weird expressions when said like that. -_-

lechat:

also special shout out to the timtam
hard to get these outside of australia but it's not often you find a biscuit named after a horse that also double as a straw

Penguin bar! Why you two timing SOB, I knew it was too good to be true. How could you cheat on me with Australia! Is Penguin even your real name? Or shall I call you Timtam now?

HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THIS!

You know what? It's fine. I've moved on.

I love Jelly Babies now. They treat me better than you ever did.

Thin Mints. Girl Scout cookie season is a happy time of year.

Bonus points: The Coldstone near me will smash up a few Thin Mints into my ice cream if I bring them in. Sooooooo good.

Well I don't have a certain sweet,
but I do have a certain type.

I just love any gummy sweets. Sour, sweet and what-not.
Gummy is just so satisfying... unless your teeth are being a bitch. :/

My favourite sweets are starburst, and the best flavour is strawberry!

Chocolate.

Not crap like Hersheys, but real chocolate. (beer... chocolate... why is it the things I love are things big American companies ruin by trying to make them as cheap as possible, to the point that most Americans I meet think they're supposed to taste like that?)

If you want to hear something really sad, many of the candy bars produced in the US no longer even qualify as "chocolate" any more. Look at a Butterfinger bar for example. Read the label. That brown stuff that coats the outside? Not enough of that is chocolate to actually call it chocolate. Most of it is vegetable fat IIRC.

Foxes Glacia dark, liquorish and aniseed is goooooood.

Though also things like Yorkshire mix, crunchy M&Ms, Jelly Belly jelly beans... so many good sweet to eat, so little time.

Girl With One Eye:

WHAT?! Them's fightin' words.

The clearly superior sugar treat are Chewitz Apple Sours.

*Walks off muttering* Strawberry is the best flavour...must be crazy!

sky14kemea:

Quaxar:

I didn't mean to anger the spidermod. I shall now sacrifice 50 flies to you as an amend!

Chocolate covered of course.

Amethyst Wind:

Girl With One Eye:

WHAT?! Them's fightin' words.

The clearly superior sugar treat are Chewitz Apple Sours.

*Walks off muttering* Strawberry is the best flavour...must be crazy!

I meant that strawberry starbursts are my favourite in the pack :P

Ahh I never had apple sours chewitz, I used to love the ice cream flavour ones though.

SckizoBoy:

Well now, what is this that is sitting right next to me and already open?

Can't get enough of them. So smooth.

I do like Toxic Waste, unlike most "Sour" sweets these things are actually sour.

Every time I go into a sweet shop, I always have to leave with some pear drops... They are just too good to pass up.

When I can get them, I do always try to pick up some Cherry Drops (Though they do seem rather rare nowadays)

Alfajor!

Jujubes, especially sour ones. My teeth hate me for it but my tongue loves me at the same time... It doesn't help that Bulk Barn sells them by the literal fuck load.

Let see-

Chwey Nuts (a small pellet like toffee cover in chocolate, sometime with a nut inside the toffee).
Chocolate and candy stick (chocolate stick are package like Cigerette).
Shrimp shape strawberry foam sweet
Dark Chocolate
Drumstick

One of the good thing about living in this town is there it a sweet shop near to the shop I worked in. That shop is like one of those retro sweet shop and sell all kind of sweets!

Katatori-kun:
Chocolate.

Not crap like Hersheys, but real chocolate. (beer... chocolate... why is it the things I love are things big American companies ruin by trying to make them as cheap as possible, to the point that most Americans I meet think they're supposed to taste like that?)

If you want to hear something really sad, many of the candy bars produced in the US no longer even qualify as "chocolate" any more. Look at a Butterfinger bar for example. Read the label. That brown stuff that coats the outside? Not enough of that is chocolate to actually call it chocolate. Most of it is vegetable fat IIRC.

Me too. I've never understood why people like all those chocolate knockoffs. No thanks, America, I'll take a Cadbury or a Lindt chocolate instead. Starts doubting those chocolate brands as well. Any brands that you like the most?

OT- Yeah, I like chocolate, but some all Indian sweets satisfy my sweet tooth. Yes, all of them. That list is too large for me at the moment to type, so run into your nearest Indian grocery store to try some today!

Advertising much, me?

Nestle Chocolait Chips

I first got introduced to these babies when visiting the movie theater in my younger days, and I've been hooked ever since.

sky14kemea:

Quaxar:

Question, Sky, what are your avatars from?

OT: Oh gosh. Well, I'm a huge chocolate fan.

That variation of liquid centered Starburst I can't find anymore was really nice.

Probably lemon bon bons before they tampered with the recipe. Sherbert lemons are also good.[1]

[1] Why, yes I am Dumbledore.

Maltesers are something i cant resist, I love those little balls of honey comb goodness
and of corse oreos are just the best, no one can hate oreos

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or