Thoughts on Triple J's Hottest 100 so far.

As of posting the count down is currently at 50.

For those who don't know every Australia day an Aussie national radio station named JJJ plays a list of 100 songs released in the last year as voted by the public. They are a more of a 'trendy' station and play a lot of non commercial music. It's available to stream around the world on their website but I don't want to be Mr. Spambot.

For me so far it has been a bit bland but that could mean the next fifty is filled with new music goodness. (Too many rap songs)

So any one who is listening what has your thoughts been so far?
And to everyone who clicked on the link not knowing anything about this what's your thoughts on the non pop radio music industry last year?

Highlights on the countdown so far.
Babel- Mumford & sons
Love interruption and I'm shaking- Jack white
A few Alt-J songs
Internet friends - Knife party
First aid kit- Wolf
The Black keys- Little submarines

And may others...

maybe i'm getting too old but triple j has gone to shit the last few years

lechat:

I said exactly the same thing... in '97

RhombusHatesYou:

lechat:

well shit i'd say we are about the same age cause 97 was about when triple j peaked

lechat:

RhombusHatesYou:

lechat:

well shit i'd say we are about the same age cause 97 was about when triple j peaked

Naw, it was already on the downward slide by then. IMO, 93-94 was the peak.

Fuck Thrift Shop. Little Talks kicks its ass in every way, and should've been #1. Course, I didn't vote for either, and the only songs I voted for that made the 100 were Ghosts by The Presets and I Can Make You Love Me by British India. Fuck you Triple J listeners, you should agree with my musical tastes better like you did in 2007.

smithy_2045:
Fuck Thrift Shop. Little Talks kicks its ass in every way, and should've been #1. Course, I didn't vote for either, and the only songs I voted for that made the 100 were Ghosts by The Presets and I Can Make You Love Me by British India. Fuck you Triple J listeners, you should agree with my musical tastes better like you did in 2007.

Yeah waaaay too many Rap songs this year; And Django Django only made it to like sixty.

I was happy to see Tame Impala up there in the top 10 though.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked