Good Bands for a Jukebox Musical

No I'm not making one, it is just a hypothetical question. Now with that in mind lets disqualify the Beatles and ABBA right out of the gate for having one or two already. Lordi gets my vote, because for every Missing Miss Charline or Blood Red Sandman there is a large amount of songs that are just fun to listen to. Don't believe me? Here:

Even Deadache which is about infamous graverobber Ed Gein manages to be very up-beat:

And for those who want something more recognizable:

I don't know about the rest of your musical but the ending song should be obvious:

Queen. Right out of the gate, Queen. I really don't think I need to further elaborate here.

David Bowie did a few albums that told a story on their own. Those could be fleshed out into a movie easily enough.

Cher could likely be strung into a good romance story, though her early work with Sonny Bono would likely have to be at the end of the movie. The Carpenters and The Moody Blues might also work well.

I would actually say take the Pitch Perfect approach and go to the Top 40 stuff. Songs on there are so single minded and simple that they're great for conveying information. I mean, say what you want about "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", but it gets the message across, doesn't it?

Pretty much any Dropkick Murphy's song would be good.

tippy2k2:
I don't know about the rest of your musical but the ending song should be obvious:

Ninja'd by the first escapist to respond...
Yeah, Foreigner is a must.

Also, I would recommend looking at Van Halen. They made some awesome upbeat stuff.

Aris Khandr:
Queen. Right out of the gate, Queen. I really don't think I need to further elaborate here.

There already is a Queen Musical

I definitely agree with you about Bowie though. Ziggy Stardust could make a great musical.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked