GOD DAMN IT CARTOON NETWORK!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Just when you thought the good ol' CN was getting it's act together, this happens.

Comic Book Movie.com:

Earlier this morning, a press release was issued to boast Cartoon Network's upcoming block of cartoons. New shows such as Beware The Batman and Teen Titans Go! were on the release, but two glared out as missing, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice. Speculation was that the shows would be ending their runs, and now Newsarama has confirmed from a source at Warner Brothers Animation that the shows will wrap up their runs at seasons end.

It is expected that Beware The Batman as well as Teen Titans Go! will take the place of the canceled shows. It should also be noted that Star Wars: The Clone Wars was excluded from the list as well. This was because the show, as expected with Disney's acquisition of LucasFilm, will be making a transition to Disney programing. For the latest on all animated superhero shows make sure to check back here at CBM.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=73360#XckKioqEU0EWATHQ.99

Great. Now all I can watch on their is Adventure Time...

At the very least, they are letting it run their course. And they are being replaced by Beware the Batman and Teen Titans GO!, which may be good. May be.

NOOOOOOOOO!! They can't take away Green Lantern!! Not now! Not after:

And what about Young Justice!! Too much has happened!

I thought we got past this shit! And Bullshit that they're not getting enough ratings. I don't buy it for a second.

Shit, I bet the season ends are gonna suck. Probably something stupid and cop out like. *curses creatively*

How many cartoons do they have running now? Cause this image comes to mind.

Blargh I'm really gunna miss Young Justice...

Well the announcement of the studio who makes those shows closing was made a while ago and with them wrapping up the dark knight returns it was obvious this was coming .. sadly. I can't support the shows since I only have antenna but I would have bought the dvd's for young justice if they would just put out a season one instead of these season one part 1,2,3 etc

What?? No Young Justice???

Keoul:

I never watched cartoon network as you had to have cable (foxtel) however I find regular show and world of gumball to be waaaaaaaay better than the stuff in that first image...thats just me as an adult though

I'm mad at cartoon network for a different reason. Specifically, the whole "Let's not release complete seasons of Adventure Time or Regular Show, just 8 episode samplers."

DAMN IT CARTOON NETWORK YOU HAVE ADULT FANS TOO, WHO HAPPEN TO BE COMPLETIONISTS. NO EPISODE GAPS OR OVERLAPS! GIMMIE SEASONS!

Vault101:

I never watched cartoon network as you had to have cable (foxtel) however I find regular show and world of gumball to be waaaaaaaay better than the stuff in that first image...thats just me as an adult though

To each their own.
Point was though that there's a lot less shows running now than in the past.

MajorTomServo:
I'm mad at cartoon network for a different reason. Specifically, the whole "Let's not release complete seasons of Adventure Time or Regular Show, just 8 episode samplers."

DAMN IT CARTOON NETWORK YOU HAVE ADULT FANS TOO, WHO HAPPEN TO BE COMPLETIONISTS. NO EPISODE GAPS OR OVERLAPS! GIMMIE SEASONS!

They have released 1 season of adventure time but I know exactly what you mean it is the reason I don't own any young justice.

aba1:

MajorTomServo:

They have released 1 season of adventure time but I know exactly what you mean it is the reason I don't own any young justice.

Believe you me, I bought season 1 within a week of it coming out. I actually bought it twice; one for my sister. I was hoping maybe it would encourage them to release regular seasons...

These eyes of mine glow with an awesome fury! Their burning retinas tell me to boycott you! Take this, my love, my anger, AND ALL OF MY SORROW! Shining twitter campaign! Go. Go! GO!!!!!

Fucks sakes, another teen titans show? I hope to god they don't try ripping off anime styles again.

What's truly sickening, to me at least, is that in addition to axing Young Justice (never watched Green Lantern: TAS ) but they are bringing back these shows-

Almost Naked Animals

Scaredy Squirrel

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.

Johnny Test

Annoying Orange

This move just goes to show that Cartoon Network is the Fox of cartoons. Shows with thought out, intelligent overarching story-lines and well-rounded multidimensional characters get cut and shows with three or four different plots and flat or one-dimensional characters continue to get renewed.

Hopefully another network (Adult Swim for one) can pickup Young Justice and Green Lantern (thrown in to be fair) and run new episodes.

Your kidding me. Why can't you keep up Young Justice and Green Lantern? I, mean yeah, I loved Teen Titans, and the new Batman cartoon looks... decent, but how are you going to have a DC Nation with only two shows?

How can this get any worse..

twistedmic:
What's truly sickening, to me at least, is that in addition to axing Young Justice (never watched Green Lantern: TAS ) but they are bringing back these shows-
[quote] Johnny Test

Annoying Orange

What?

WHAT?

JOHNNY TEST IS STILL ALIVE? A SHOW WHERE INTELLIGENCE, GOOD STORY TELLING, AND QUALITY ANIMATION GO TO DIE?

AND THEY ARE GIVING THE @#$^ING ANNOYING ORANGE A TV SHOW?

I think a lot of the problem with Young Justice was they didn't know how to promote it.
Here you have a very well written show with a wide cast of characters, and yet when they advertise the show they use clips of the main members of the JLA. Sure, everyone knows who Batman is, but he's not even a main character on the show. I think they were afraid of advertising using characters that they thought no one had heard of, "untested" so to speak.
For example, the Young Justice happy meal toys included only 4 main characters from the show, none of them women. Arguably, the female cast of YJ is one it's biggest strengths, and yet they never play that up in promotion.
Honestly, if I hadn't already been into Comics, I doubt that I'd have known about YJ in the first place.
Then again, who am I to argue with someone that has marketing degree?

Meh young justice. I never really cared for that show. I'm absolutely sick of wise-cracking superhero shows, so for me this isn't that bad.

I still have Regular Show.

edit: I will say that I'm still disappointed in cartoon network for letting MAD go on for as long as it has.

God it's like watching an idiot running around a house of mirrors with laser pointers. Come on CN, you can do better than this; you've done better than this! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

Aw, man...

And Beware the Batman looks shit. So does TTG, but I'll watch it anyway in the remote hopes that the viewership might convince WB to make a proper Season 6...

Keoul:

Gods that picture brings back memories.

Samurai Jack

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Ed, Edd n Eddy

Time Squad

Courage the Cowardly dog Show

Cow And Chicken

Dexter's Laboratory

The Hanna Barbera shows

And that's just the ones in the first image.

Keoul:

Oh how I miss the good old days of Cartoon Network.

Honestly, most of the shows that they air regularly can be separated into two groups; show that are on constant rerun and everyone has seen at least a dozen times and shows that are targeting people with the IQ of a potato. I'm somewhat interested in the new Batman and Teen Titans shows, but I'm not keeping my hopes up due to Cartoon Network's current track record of stupidity.

I was just annoyed when they stopped playing inuyasha all the damn time. What the hell am I supposed to watch now. I know its not considered, like, cool for a 20something to watch or anything, but WHATEVER.

Keoul:

Comparing those two pictures makes me sad. Cartoon Network, once known for it's funny, original programming, is very quickly circling the drain of mediocrity. And now it's cancelling two of it's best shows? This does not bode well for the future of CN.

I thought everyone knew about Young Justice. I remember reading a few months ago that it was cancelled. I am also disappointing about Green Lantern, but not surprising.

Alas, poor Network, I knew him, Escapists. A channel of infinite cartoons of the most excellent quality: it hath captured my enjoyment since my childhood in the 90s and early 2000s, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!
Here was once full-day animation programming that set thee apart from other channels. Where be your mature shows now? Your smarts? Your groovies? Your little clever animated bumpers in commercial breaks? Not one now to mark your former glories? Quite chap-fallen?

Soviet Heavy:
Fucks sakes, another teen titans show? I hope to god they don't try ripping off anime styles again.

It worked really well. Puffy Ami Yumi doing the soundtrack helped too. If you're gonna rip something, do it well, and Bruce Timm was magic as usual.

twistedmic:

Almost Naked Animals

Scaredy Squirrel

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.

Johnny Test

Annoying Orange

This move just goes to show that Cartoon Network is the Fox of cartoons. Shows with thought out, intelligent overarching story-lines and well-rounded multidimensional characters get cut and shows with three or four different plots and flat or one-dimensional characters continue to get renewed.

Hopefully another network (Adult Swim for one) can pickup Young Justice and Green Lantern (thrown in to be fair) and run new episodes.

How on this planet Annoying Orange has more than 1 viewer (The creator's mom) is beyond any scope of understanding. Ditto for ANA and 95% of Johnny Test. It's like the polar opposite of Samurai Jack. Instead it's 95% shit and 5% good, rather than the gold standard that was Samurai Jack.

Not G. Ivingname:
Your kidding me. Why can't you keep up Young Justice and Green Lantern? I, mean yeah, I loved Teen Titans, and the new Batman cartoon looks... decent, but how are you going to have a DC Nation with only two shows?

How can this get any worse..

twistedmic:

Johnny Test

Annoying Orange

What?

WHAT?

JOHNNY TEST IS STILL ALIVE? A SHOW WHERE INTELLIGENCE, GOOD STORY TELLING, AND QUALITY ANIMATION GO TO DIE?

AND THEY ARE GIVING THE @#$^ING ANNOYING ORANGE A TV SHOW?

He's had it for a while. I watched 30 seconds. It was all I could stand before my eyes and ears started to bleed.

[quote="Shia-Neko-Chan" post="18.399607.16394893"]Meh young justice. I never really cared for that show. I'm absolutely sick of wise-cracking superhero shows, so for me this isn't that bad.

I still have Regular Show.

edit: I will say that I'm still disappointed in cartoon network for letting MAD go on for as long as it has.

Honestly, the show is exactly the magazine in cartoon form. It does have its moments. And thank the heavens that it isn't that bizarrely awful MAD TV. It's downright Batman: The Animated Series compared to that piece of trash.

I don't really have a problem with this, so long as they're both given enough time to resolve their plots. Although that said, do we really need yet another Batman cartoon? I mean, we've already got the original Animated Series, then there's The Batman, The Brave and the Bold, AND Batman Beyond. I like Batman, but DC has plenty of other perfectly good superheroes that DON'T already have multiple shows of their own. It just feels superfluous, is all.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Soviet Heavy:

It worked really well. Puffy Ami Yumi doing the soundtrack helped too. If you're gonna rip something, do it well, and Bruce Timm was magic as usual.

Bruce Timm can only do so much. I'd rather the Teen Titans do something actually interesting for a change, but their TV appearances have been limited to comedy and poor man's versions of Justice League episodes. This new series apparently is not going to be any different.

EmperorZuma:
These eyes of mine glow with an awesome fury! Their burning retinas tell me to boycott you! Take this, my love, my anger, AND ALL OF MY SORROW! Shining twitter campaign! Go. Go! GO!!!!!

Beautifully said, sir.

MajorTomServo:

OHHHHHHHH MY STARS. This seriously makes me so mad. Compilation DVDs are the worst idea since the existence of DVDs.

This is especially troubling in Adventure Time's case, which has some overarching plot elements.

Well the reason these shows made it and these shows didn't is simple really. Does Fandom - Animation costs = Profit.

Annoying Orange may make your eyes bleed, it's stupid cheap to make. It started out as a youtube series for cryin out loud.

While Young Justice, for its modest popularity, was a fully animated cartoon with somewhat detailed character designs and lots of actions scenes and it didn't use flash animation. That's pretty expensive.

In the middle ground is Johnny Test. Somewhat modest popularity. Nice, cheap, flash animation.

You can say CN is becoming evil, losing its soul, etc but it all comes down to profits vs expenditure. People don't watch tv anymore. Hell CN and the Science channel are the only two channels I ever watch. My landlord gives me cable for free. I certainly wouldn't pay cable's prices for two channels I watch an hour a day. None of my friends have cable.

It just keeps getting sadder and sadder.

Guys... what the hell happened to cartoons? Not necessarily the overall quality of them, because there are still good ones to be had (although the only modern cartoon I personally find enjoyable is Regular Show), but just the amount of good ones out there nowadays is depressing to say the least.

What, are there just fewer people in the business pushing for innovation? I find that hard to believe. Do cartoon channel executives turn down quality concepts in favor of shows that even a 3rd grader could tell won't last more than a season? Can't quite understand that either (although it's probably the answer.)
Hell, some of the channels I used to watch cartoons on hardly even show them anymore(Nickelodeon).

I probably sound like a huge cynic when it comes to cartoons, and even though I hardly watch them anymore I've actually just started to get into animating, and I've always had a passion for creating my own cartoons. Just kinda bums me out to be reminded of CN and other cartoon channels' current state of affairs.

Sadly, I never got to watch Young Justice much since it was on early mornings. From what I saw, it looked to be really good. Hopefully it will be on Netflix soon. The new Teen Titans series would excite me more, but since it's only going to be a comedy in chibi style, any possible interest I could have simply does not exist in this universe. Still Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gumball have won me over and I'm happy to see more of them.

No two of the best cartoons of this whole generation have been cancelled at least the new avatar series has been given a few season But I mean young justice is awesome and so is green lantern

The only reason to really pop over to cartoon network anymore is for Toonami (here's hoping for another season of deadman wonderland), I also finally got the chance to see Cowboy Beebop, which was a treat. But yeah, Cartoon Network used to be the only channel I watched as a kid and then god damn flapjack came along and that was the beginning of the end.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked