GOD DAMN IT CARTOON NETWORK!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Tanis:
DISNEY canned Tron: Uprising - which is REALLY good - and the SE1 ending was pretty 'wow'.

Wait, Disney canned Uprising? FUCK. Well, there go my hopes for Tron 3.

Just found out about this, quite a shame really. I loved a lot of things about Young Justice, and always assumed it did really well on Cartoon Network rating wise, same with Green Lantern. I mean sure, its nice to hear Scooby Doo Mystery Inc is coming back, but this really stinks. Reminds me of when Spectacular Spiderman was cancelled after the awesome second season. Same thing with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (except I think its 2nd season was kind of meh in places), although I think its getting a sequel series of some sort. I enjoy the animation of Ultimate Spiderman, but not too much else about it ("Let's prove we are real heroes by defying orders and logic by going straight into Latveria and beating up Doctor Doom. What could POSSIBLY be wrong about that/go wrong for brand new super heroes?"). Have to admit I haven't watched too many episodes of that show, but what they ended up doing with Venom was sorta cool...sorta.

Also, how is Ben 10 still around? I liked the first show, and about half of Alien Force before it seemed to just go a bit downhill. Since then the episodes I've seen haven't been too overly spectacular. Guess the toys must be constantly selling or something. Did Thundercats get cancelled too? I actually don't know what became of that show after the last season finale. Had good animation and acting, but the action was pretty average.

All I want is a cartoon show that has good action with the occasional good story that lasts longer than 2 seasons. Is that so much to ask in this day in age? Granted I tend to watch those shows online, especially in regards to Cartoon Network. Everytime I tune it I always feel like all they show are repeats to shows I don't watch. Oh, also they put their good shows on hiatus way too much, reminds me of Battlestar Galactica and Caprica on ScFy (half a season, oops time for a 8 month break).

Oh well, I'm sure the new Teen Titans will be fine although it being more of a comedy is a bit of a put off. As for this new batman...I'm not liking the style, but I'll reserve judgement.

Bleidd Whitefalcon:

Tanis:
DISNEY canned Tron: Uprising - which is REALLY good - and the SE1 ending was pretty 'wow'.

Wait, Disney canned Uprising? FUCK. Well, there go my hopes for Tron 3.

so if tron gets cancelled along with every thing else thats 3 amazing cartoons i watch gone all thats left is the avatar series which is safe for at least four seasons

Not G. Ivingname:

AND THEY ARE GIVING THE @#$^ING ANNOYING ORANGE A TV SHOW?

Without looking online, Annoying Orange already has at least 2 seasons. That said, I thought Clone Wars was only supposed to have 100 Episodes, shouldn't this have been the last season? Also, God I hate most of Cartoon Network's lineup, except Looney Tunes Show, Regular Show and Adventure Time.

Captcha: Background Noise.

Not anymore... My kids are going back to PBS Permanently.

twistedmic:

Binnsyboy:

twistedmic:
Annoying Orange

Wait, wait, wait.

What.

Now, as someone who finds most of their programming on the internet I may be a shade out of the loop.

The Annoying Orange got a fucking TV show?

And Cartoon Network is bringing on a new version of Total Drama, All Stars I believe.

Total Drama Island was clever until they ran it into the ground.

I haven't trusted Cartoon Network with Young Justice for awhile, at times it became rather challenging to find when the show was airing or if it was even airing without the use of the internet. I've really been enjoying the show too, season 2 just needed some more time for the newer characters to line up and come to their own, granted there may have been one or two too many jammed in there, but damn it, let me enjoy shows I actually like, especially super hero shows, those are hard as hell to find - I tried getting into Teen Titans, but i never could, new one seems even less likely so, Earths Mightiest, Green Lantern, It's hard to find a superhero show I actually like, the Cape sucked, Arrow is hanging over the edge for me, I'm starting to think I only keep watching to see if something interesting is going to happen to Felicity (cute).

Young Justice just hit the mark for me, oh well no hard feelings, but fuck you Cartoon Network.

and just as they bring in Stephanie Brown too.

i love reg show adventure time and the new scooby doo mystery inc or whatever its calle, i could give 2 shits about clone wars and young justice. new batman is always cool tho. havent seen a rendition of batman i dont like. feel free to prove me wrong on that last bit.

BleedingPride:
The only reason to really pop over to cartoon network anymore is for Toonami (here's hoping for another season of deadman wonderland)

I think Deadman wonderland ran outa funding several years ago so they had to cut the series very abruptly. So sadly there isn't going to be a second season.

OT: Yeah I started losing hope in Cartoon network when they stopped showing Courage the cowardly dog. I miss my nostalgia

Really? man this took some cheer out of my day... at what point do we take "cartoon" out of the name and just call them "The Network"? I swear if they cancel Adventure Time I'll lose my shit

*snore, rustle, eyes flutter*

Oh, wait, it's something on Cartoon Network that doesn't have anything to do with The Venture Brothers. Got scared there for a second.

*goes back to sleep, zero fucks given*

You see this? all of this? this is why I fled to the internet. I'm more than willing to watch some of these shows, but I don't want to have to sift through shit to find the diamond. I will if I absolutely need to, but I'd rather not.

Good job Cartoon Network. I literally have NO REASON to watch you now. First DBZ and Sailor Moon, then the Gundam series, then Toonami itself (and I never felt like giving the return a chance, because it never should have left). Then Naruto. And now, when you finally get shows that I enjoy watching, Young Justice and Star Wars the Clone Wars, you're cancelling one and losing the other. Granted, Star Wars isn't your fault, but still. Fail across the board.
I guess you have the Teen Titans GO! going for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if you cancelled that in a month.

Guess this means Raven and/or Starfire won't be joining Young Justice, because we got nearly every other titan on there now. Too bad.

DkLnBr:
I swear if they cancel Adventure Time I'll lose my shit

I don't think we have to worry about that right now. On the surface Adventure Time is just a shallow, simple kid's show (two steps above Johnny Test). It's only when you give the show more than a quick glance that it becomes deeper (as I see it) with more serious themes and undertones. A long as that doesn't change than Adventure Time should be safe from cancellation.

Soviet Heavy:
Fucks sakes, another teen titans show? I hope to god they don't try ripping off anime styles again.

It's funny you should say that, because Osamu Tezuka, creator of Astro Boy (widely credited as the first anime and major inspiration for the first generation of eastern cartoons to follow), has explicitly stated that Walt Disney Studios, that western cartoon studio; you know the one, was one of his biggest influences.

So in short; culture flows from society to society in a gradient. You can't "rip off" an art style that doesn't belong to anybody.

I'm actually more surprised people still watch Cartoon Network. I haven't turned on that channel since they got rid of Samurai Jack.

I only watched a little bit of Young Justice, but I'll say that the characters seem really deep and pretty interesting. I loved Green Lantern! Those monsters, why cancel it?!
After hopping from link to link from the original story, Newsarama said this about the next Teen Titans thingy...
"...and Teen Titans Go, a comedically-bent rehash of the successful Teen Titans animated series..."

I'm not to optimistic about that series. I loved Teen Titans, but I don't think they can match it, let alone top it. As several other people have said, I wonder why the heck they're making yet another Batman show. On to the next topic...
*looks up Annoying Orange*
...I hope Boomerang gets more popular than Cartoon Network. I really, really hope that for the majority of the day, for months at a time, Boomerang's popularity outshines that of CN by a wide margin. I hope Green Lantern, Generator Rex, and all of the other good shows hop onto Boomerang.
Oh yeah, and why the crap was there a show on Cartoon Network called "Hole in the Wall"? If they want to show obstacle courses, they should go the route of Ninja Warrior.

In the new batman show "beware the batman" Alfred will be "packing heat" According to a recent interview!

MajorTomServo:
I'm mad at cartoon network for a different reason. Specifically, the whole "Let's not release complete seasons of Adventure Time or Regular Show, just 8 episode samplers."

DAMN IT CARTOON NETWORK YOU HAVE ADULT FANS TOO, WHO HAPPEN TO BE COMPLETIONISTS. NO EPISODE GAPS OR OVERLAPS! GIMMIE SEASONS!

if you like those two shows, you might be interested in(assuming you haven't already seen) this:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2DcNkn8HAwSPwGn9h2GGM4Z0t6B0ySVD

was watching through them just now :P
((sorry OP for the offtopic))

You guys know there is an petition you can sign against this? According to the petition (which I hope was drawn up by cartoonnetwork itself) they only need like 2000 signatures more.

You know as sad as I am to see this (although I'm REALLY hoping the new Teen Titans show is good)is it really CN's fault? my understanding is all three of those are going away due to licencing issues. I could be wrong though, I don't pay much attention to these things.

rutger5000:
You guys know there is an petition you can sign against this? According to the petition (which I hope was drawn up by cartoonnetwork itself) they only need like 2000 signatures more.

Links please? Although I doubt Cartoon Network really cares about the actual viewers outside of the ratings.

saintdane05:
Just when you thought the good ol' CN was getting it's act together, this happens.

Comic Book Movie.com:

Earlier this morning, a press release was issued to boast Cartoon Network's upcoming block of cartoons. New shows such as Beware The Batman and Teen Titans Go! were on the release, but two glared out as missing, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice. Speculation was that the shows would be ending their runs, and now Newsarama has confirmed from a source at Warner Brothers Animation that the shows will wrap up their runs at seasons end.

It is expected that Beware The Batman as well as Teen Titans Go! will take the place of the canceled shows. It should also be noted that Star Wars: The Clone Wars was excluded from the list as well. This was because the show, as expected with Disney's acquisition of LucasFilm, will be making a transition to Disney programing. For the latest on all animated superhero shows make sure to check back here at CBM.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=73360#XckKioqEU0EWATHQ.99

Great. Now all I can watch on their is Adventure Time...

At the very least, they are letting it run their course. And they are being replaced by Beware the Batman and Teen Titans GO!, which may be good. May be.

I always meant to watch YJ, but I guess now I'll need to watch in online or something.

didn't much care for GL:AS.

I'm quite pleased to hear about this Teen Titans GO! And maybe they'll get the Bat right this time. I'll have to look into it.

Edit: And one Google search later has totally killed any enthusiasm for the new TT series.

And oh look, the new Batman is another CG series. I'm honestly disappointed.

I'm going to really miss Young Justice, easily the best thing DC's had on TV since the shared animated universe. I really hope the creators were aware that this was going to be the last season and had a chance to wrap everything up. I'll be incredibly pissed if they leave things hanging like the Season 1 finale.

Shia-Neko-Chan:
*two female protagonists are running away from a really powerful enemy*

"Oh, I picked a bad day to wear high heels! :D"

That sort of thing.

Life threatening situation? Yeah but, listen, I could totally make a joke here for some strange reason!

If that's enough to make you not watch the show, then you're really missing out. I will say that wise-cracks isn't the norm for YJ, only some characters do them and it usually fits their personalities. And the episode that quote is from needed some light hearted jokes, it was fairly depressing for a kids show.

shintakie10:
Young Justice and Green Lantern are the only 2 serious superhero shows on now that Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes is on a break (and that last season was god awful, just painful to watch).

It's not on break, it was cancelled in favour of a new Avengers show, Avengers Assemble, which will be in style of the movie.

The reason the second season went to shit about half way through is pretty complicated. Basically one of the two writers who were responsible for everything in the show got offered a new job writing the Marvel movies. When the higher ups (mainly Jeph Loeb) examined what to do with the show, it was decided that

1) the show was becoming to serialised with the overarching plot and that episodic shows are better, and
2) focus was drifting to far away from the 'Big Three' (Thor, Cap and Iron Man).

Since Season 2 was already in production when this happen the first half was left untouched. But nearly everything after the Kree invasion was made by new writers who were trying to take the series in a different direction. This is why so many plots were dropped and forgotten about, like Surtur and Hank's mental well-being. And don't get me started with how Disney fucked around with the scheduling of Avengers!

And after all the meddling they decided to just drop it altogether and start a new series with a team owned by Disney.

Okay, rant over. Sorry but I loved Earth's Mightiest Heroes and seeing it slowly fall apart like that was painful.

Vault101:

I never watched cartoon network as you had to have cable (foxtel) however I find regular show and world of gumball to be waaaaaaaay better than the stuff in that first image...thats just me as an adult though

I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion, but ... I reserve the right to say I just don't understand yours.

Even if the argument was less about them randomly cancelling shows and having a terribly monotonous lineup these days vs previous years, and more about the actual choice of shows, would it not be better to have a mix of both? It seems they're now pandering to a much narrower audience than ever, and still not even really giving too much of a crap about the one they have left.

(Plus, dude, are you serious - those two are better than EVERYTHING in the first shot? I don't like everything that was pictured, but there are also some stone cold classics there. It could make a person question how much you actually like cartoons if none of them interest you...)

Caramel Frappe:
As wrong as this sounds .. Cartoon Network to me died years ago when they removed the classic cartoons (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, and the Powerpuff Girls) for some new but very dull cartoons. Now they're even removing certain shows that are holding on their own for .. .. Annoying Orange?

.. Wow, I ... okay then.

They even stopped seasons from continuing, you know how much of a slap to the face that is? Quite so, and luckily I have the internet to watch whatever I wish. This is basically why TV is to me, not getting a lot of hits. But there are certain shows that are doing highly well and keeping networks alive. Still, if they keep this up Cartoon Network will surely die .. to everyone. Literally.

Man, I miss tjhe old Cartoon Network as well.

Between the shitty new cartoons and shows and the even more shitty "adult" shows they have on for Adult Swim I may just give up Cartoon network and start putting on Netflix...

Thank god they never air Loiter Squad or Dislocated or other shit like those two when I am watching...

Well, what did you expect? All TV executives care about nowadays is the quantity of money they get, not the quality of the shows they make..., *sigh*

CrazyGirl17:
Well, what did you expect? All TV executives care about nowadays is the quantity of money they get, not the quality of the shows they make..., *sigh*

I am far more disgusted with the people who watch these stupid shows instead of changing the channel or putting a movie on or something.

Smeggs:
I'm quite pleased to hear about this Teen Titans GO! And maybe they'll get the Bat right this time. I'll have to look into it.

I am cautiously optimistic about Teen Titans GO!. You cannot possibly fathom how pissed off I was when they (prematurely) ended the original series and replaced it with Ben 10. Also in regards to Batman they already got Batman right...11 years ago with Batman: the Animated Series.

Keoul:
How many cartoons do they have running now? Cause this image comes to mind.

Blargh I'm really gunna miss Young Justice...

Strange, that... I actually had another image come to mind:

People still watch TV?

Keoul:
How many cartoons do they have running now? Cause this image comes to mind.

Blargh I'm really gunna miss Young Justice...

I remember when this channel had many good things about it. With that image,just add Coop from Megas XLR,and it that would make sense. What's there nowadays? The recent shows I watched that DID follow on that channel, Young Justice,the occassional Gumball and Clone Wars,(Seriously,they gave a platooon of Clone troopers character and gave us part of Grevious's backstory,they've won some points,in MY book) and now they're taking that away? Yeah,frak you guys. Nickelodeon is beating you. Yes,the network that had a show with The Annoying Orange and Fred is beating you. That....is humiliating. I mean,this channel,I have history with this channel,I grew up watching these shows. I still remember when Kids Next Door and Megas XLR first premired; Heck, I even remember getting up early so I could see what new anime was coming up on Toonami at the time for crying out loud. (Bobobo, IGPX,and a preview for No More Heroes. Wierd how vividly I remember that,and not the majority of the stuff I learned in Dev. Math 3,huh?) It's just a shame for this channel to start to pull a G4 on us. "You broke my Heart,Cartoon Network,you broke my heart!"

Some_weirdGuy:

MajorTomServo:
I'm mad at cartoon network for a different reason. Specifically, the whole "Let's not release complete seasons of Adventure Time or Regular Show, just 8 episode samplers."

DAMN IT CARTOON NETWORK YOU HAVE ADULT FANS TOO, WHO HAPPEN TO BE COMPLETIONISTS. NO EPISODE GAPS OR OVERLAPS! GIMMIE SEASONS!

if you like those two shows, you might be interested in(assuming you haven't already seen) this:

That'd be the same as torrenting them, which would be stealing. I want Cartoon Network to take my money, they just won't make it easy for me.

MajorTomServo:

Some_weirdGuy:

MajorTomServo:

That'd be the same as torrenting them, which would be stealing. I want Cartoon Network to take my money, they just won't make it easy for me.

Did you click the link? ;)

also, I guess if you like pokemon and fart jokes there's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJjeesteTEg

((but srs, click the previous posts link, it's pretty cool))

tahrey:
[snip...)

I guess what I'm saying is I was really surprisd I genuinly liked regular show and world of gumball..I'm not saying its preferable to the current situation (having barley any cartoons on cartoon network)

I was never familiar with alot of those shows as I didnt have "cable" when I was a kid, my memory of cartoon network is having to watch it because my cousin would hog the remote...I didnt like it much as a kid and I liked it less as I got older

...Meh. Didn't really get into either shows.

On the plus side, I was a huge fan of Teen Titans, and I don't really care that this Teen Titans Go! thing is going to be comedy based. So yeah, kind of excited for that. (Thought it wasn't successful enough, this is a pleasant surprise.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked