44.4% (28)
Bradley Cooper
1.6% (1)
1.6% (1)
other (comment)
19% (12)
19% (12)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: If The Escapist were to cast Dr. Strange...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/26/doctor-strange-is-part-of-marvels-phase-3-movie-slate

Marvel has been quoted as saying that it is as much up to the fans as the directors to who gets the leading role, so Escapist, who is your Sorcerer Surpeme?

Please.

Keep Jonny Depp away from the things I like.

I reckon Neeson or Mortenson would be great candidates for the role. They can both grow bitchin' moustaches.

Gotta say Neeson, he is awesome in any role he is in!

Neeson is way too old for the part even if he's still awesome, Viggo Mortensen would probably be my pick out of the ones you mentioned, because I think he could look like strange and he's a good actor, however I'm not good at this hyothetical casting stuff, so I can't think of anyone else.

Pierce Brosnan. Seriously, guy looks just like him.

TizzytheTormentor:
Gotta say Neeson, he is awesome in any role he is in!

That's because he doesn't play the role he plays LIAM NEESON, Liam Neeson stars in X film as Liam Neeson.

My Vote Tim Curry because why the fuck not :]

Liam Neeson with Viggo Mortenson as Baron Mordo. Make it happen Marvel.

I applaud your inclusion of Neeson on the list. I have been saying they should cast him for years!

Rastien:

That could work. Strange is pretty campy.

OT: Meh, don't care. Dr Fate is where it's at, everyone knows that.

SonicWaffle:

Rastien:

I know right! :D Plus Tim Curry already looks a bit like him :3

Let's just make Kross Dr. Strange.

By the way, I have no idea who this character is.

I mainly know his bald incarnation.

Jim Rash just for the hilarity.

Liam Neeson would be fucking amazing in that role.

And Johnny Depp better stay the hell away from the movie.

I don't want him near that movie.

One of the things that people don't seem to realize is that while Strange is by no means an old man, he is also not a young man, considering the fact that he is an accomplished surgeon, so if the actor is older than than what most of us think of as "superhero age", its not a big deal. He also isn't a hand fighter, though I'm pretty sure he could fight hand to hand, he is a sorcerer, so he doesn't even have to be super fit. I would cast Nestor Carbonell. He was good in Lost,and has played a super hero in the past. And his ethnicity isn't an issue, Dr. Strange has always looked Hispanic to me.

James Gandolfini, because he is just that awesome. I don't care if he doesn't fit the role at all.

Seriously though, I don't think it would be possible to get me interested in the "Sorcerer Supreme" while still remaining true to his character.

I think Neeson will have the poll because he's well... Liam Neeson. Between him and Mortinson however, I would take the later

Viggo Mortensen? what the frack is wrong with you people?

perhaps ODED FEHR?

or Josh Brolin

hell, even Aiden Gillen

but viggo doesnt even look like him

Rastien:

SonicWaffle:

Rastien:

i dont know. tim will always be Anatoly Cherdenko for me...

Really now, I think we all know that there's only one man who could do the character justice:

Hell, add some CGI and he could be Dormammu too.

Rastien:

I too believe that Nigel Thornberry should be the Sorcerer Supreme.

I vote Liam Neeson

Because he is Liam Neeson, and he is awesome.

Neeson could work, but ideally I'd like to see Oded Fehr in the role.

EDIT: Nevermind, fuckin' ninja'd like a prison bitch...

ccggenius12:

Rastien:

I too believe that Nigel Thornberry should be the Sorcerer Supreme.

HOLY SHIT MIND BLOWN!!!!!

i.. i.. never realised Tim Curry voiced nigel thornberry T-T

Mind Blown.

rhizhim:

Rastien:

SonicWaffle:

i dont know. tim will always be Anatoly Cherdenko for me...

To me he will always be Dr Frank n Furter

Rastien:

HOLY SHIT MIND BLOWN!!!!!

i.. i.. never realised Tim Curry voiced nigel thornberry T-T

Mind Blown.

He's also currently voicing G Gordon Godfrey on Young Justice. I know the character isn't meant to be taken seriously, and I'm glad that's the case, because I would not be able to take Nigel Thornberry slamming the Justice League on national TV seriously.

I vote Liam Neeson cause he's fucking amazing.

I was tempted to go other and say Nick Cage though, cause why the fuck not, he can play two Marvel characters.

Christopher Walken.
Because he belongs as every character in every movie.

I kind of like the idea of Paul Blackthorne as Strange, he was Harry Dresden so, yeah, why not?

themyrmidon:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/26/doctor-strange-is-part-of-marvels-phase-3-movie-slate

Marvel has been quoted as saying that it is as much up to the fans as the directors to who gets the leading role, so Escapist, who is your Sorcerer Surpeme?

Okay, I know nothing about the character since I don't read comics, but the picture in the video attached to the article makes me think of John Travolta. He looks just like him, as I can remember him making that exact face in "Face/Off."

Depends on what they were going to do with Doctor Strange...

If he were going to be a lynchpin character in Avengers 2 or Thor 2 I'd say Liam Neeson for sure, but I don't think Neeson would be right for the character if they were going to do a straight up Dr. Strange movie. In a case like that I'd vote for Jason Isaacs out of the suggested.

I think Liam Neeson is too obviously Liam Neeson to be Doctor Strange. In Batman Begins I wasn't thinking "Oh look, its Ra's al Ghul" I was thinking "oh look, it's Liam Neeson"

Daystar Clarion:
Please.
Keep Jonny Depp away from the things I like.

Funny, I think the opposite. 'Course the guy will be too busy being in another Tim Burton movie anyways.

OT: I'm no good with actors so I don't really know who would make a good choice. I do however know who would make a hilariously bad choice. Let's get this to be Arnold Schwarzenegger's last movie. It would be a glorious train wreck of absolutely epic proportions.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked