The last time you said you loved someone

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Bouncing from the topic about when you last hugged someone and this came to mind: when was the last time you said you loved someone?

Personally, I've never said it before to anyone (not even my family, which, thankfully, are not exactly what I would consider affectionate in any form or fashion).

What about you guys?

Today :D

I tell my fiancee everyday that I love her.

Yes, you may commence with the "D'awww"s.

I don't think I ever said that to anyone.

Daystar Clarion:

Yes, you may commence with the 'D'awwws'.

Obigatory D'awww.

OT: Well, to my mom on Sunday I suppose. I'm only home on weekends anyway.

Excluding drunken bromance and family:

I think I last said it to my ex, 1.5 years ago.

About 3 minutes ago. I tell my boyfriend everyday that I love him. Somedays I may do it too much, but I still mean it everytime I say it.

Today when I called my boyfriend on my lunch break. I say it to him everyday.

inb4 the next thread is "the last time you had sex"

Last time i said it and i MEANT it, was when i got my heart broken, so i dont do that any more.
last time i said it as in saying a word, was a few days ago when i said i loved someone for liking certain object that i also like.

Padwolf:
About 3 minutes ago. I tell my boyfriend everyday that I love him. Somedays I may do it too much, but I still mean it everytime I say it.

About ten minutes ago for me. I finally convinced my girlfriend to watch some anime with me, and we were cuddled up on the bed.

I can't remember actually...

I can't remember either. I think last time I said it, and meant it, to someone, they didn't return it and never went over very well. I'm a heart on my sleeve sort of person and I've learned not to use such strong words when they mean so much to me, at least without great deliberation and a good reason.

I feel saying 'I love you' is kinda trivial, but then I've never been in a romantic relationship.

When it comes to the people I actually care about, I tend to show my feelings through actions instead of words.

The last time I said it was as words of comfort, as in 'It's okay don't worry, I love you'. And it was to my dog as he lay dying.

Probably a week or so ago when I said it to my grandmother. I don't say it much though, as I believe it's a strong word that diminishes if used too often.

I tell that to my girlfriend all the time. I do love her, though I recognize SAYING IT is more of a running gag.

Last night to my fiance before we fell asleep.

Past few weeks to one of my friends. Which I do love my friends, as friends, not sure what I'd do without them.

Ex girlfriend 3 years ago who i started dating 6 years ago . Haven't said it to my current girlfriend yet . Been together two years , AND she still wants to get married . To be fair i say it in french ( because she's french ) but it isn't the same ( Seriously , french people say " je t'aime" after like a week of dating ).

Six years ago, to my mother. This was shortly before she tried to stab me to death with a kitchen knife.

As for meaning it? Never, as far as I recall. Such is the life of a Hikikomori.

Casual Shinji:
The last time I said it was as words of comfort, as in 'It's okay don't worry, I love you'. And it was to my dog as he lay dying.

I've been there. Way too many times. =(

OT...I actually said it twice yesterday, once to my Mom, once to my girlfriend. It's been five years since my Dad died and it still sticks in my craw that I NEVER said it to him, even though I'm sure he knew. So I try to be a lot more expressive these days.

Just now, my wife just came home.

Tell my wife and kids I love them all the time.

Told the Ferret I loved her when I came home from the pub last Saturday. Everyone else was asleep and she was the only one listening to me .... because she had no choice.

I told my sister I loved her yesterday. Although, I think it came out as 'Amazeballs luvvoo' because we'd just finished watching Miranda.

A few days ago to my mother. Seems to be a lack of this. Everyone go and tell your parents you love them. ASAP.

To my mom, a few days ago.

Huh... I don't think I ever have...

Three girlfriends, one of whom I seriously contemplated marrying and never thought to... :/

And never said it, whether meaning it or not, to any relatives either. Ah well... a stone heart have I... *shrug*

Daystar Clarion:

Awwwww.......

I tell my daughter that I love her many times every day. And I mean it *every* time.

Can't quite remember, excluding drunken bromance.

The last time I really even thought about meaningfully saying it was to my second most recent ex. I was on my way into college, being all introspective and I was feeling really content that day. So I tracked her down that morning in college to say it, only for her to turn around, reveal she'd cheated on me during the prior week's Friday night, and dump me before I could get a word in edgewise.

Daystar Clarion:

D'awww.

OT: Today, I tell my partner everyday that I love her, why wouldn't I? It's not exactly difficult to do...

Though if I were single or I'd only been seeing someone a few months the answer to this would be very different.

And like the last topic (hugs), I have the same answer.

This morning. I told my girlfriend that I loved her before I got on the bus for work.

This morning, to my girlfriend, when we were snuggled up in bed.
Won't see her again for a week, and I miss her already.

Last night. I said it to my girlfriend. And this morning I cooked us a breakfast of eggs, cheese grits, toast (the bread I made myself!), and bacon before she went to school.
What an amazing guy I am!
Also I told my dad last week.

I dunno, few days ago. Not in a romantic way, in an 'awwww I love you guys' way to friends. Last time I'd have said it in a romantic way would be over a year ago...

Sarcastically?

All the time which is then followed by a smirk.

In all seriousness?

Um....I don't remember to be perfectly honest.

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention....
I LOVE YOU GUYS/GALS!!!

Hmm...Monday night, when I called my GF. :)

And I'm likely gonna say it to her tomorrow when we have our common break at school :P

Today at some point, to my brother, because he's just awesome! :D

To someone outside my family, never.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook