The last time you said you loved someone

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

I tell my mother, father and sister quite regularly. I think it ends every phone conversation. I tell my girlfriend a half a dozen times a day I think.

last time i said it. hmmmmm. 5 to 6 months ago.

Daystar Clarion:
Today :D

I tell my fiancee everyday that I love her.

Yes, you may commence with the "D'awww"s.

D'awww!!

Eleuthera:
I don't think I ever said that to anyone.

Awwww..

OT: Either my mom or grandma a couple days ago over the phone.

Daystar Clarion:

I see your 'D'awww' and would like to throw in a 'me too'. Granted my GF and I aren't engaged...Anyway; last time I said "I love you" was just seconds ago. She loves me too!

A couple hours ago, I told my girlfriend I loved her right before she went to sleep

A few hours ago when saying goodnight to my mom, I say it everynight.

I've only said it twice, far as I can remember. The first was near the end of my sophomore year I said it to make my then-girlfriend feel better. But I didn't actually mean it, which I regret. (Since then, I've resolved to only ever say it if I mean it.)

Didn't mean for that to turn into a big ol' thang. But that was the last time. I think it was... two years ago?

Last night when my fiance got me tea in bed because I'm stuck home sick.

To my lady, this morning as I left for work. We ain't shy about telling each other how we feel.

I say I love my mother everytime we say goodbye. I've been saying that to my father, grandparents, sisters and other relatives I'm close to more often lately. Besides that, I only said it to one girlfriend in all of my life, and she dumped me in October.
I wasn't going to make this post, but the captcha is priceless.

Captcha: "exercise more". Even the captcha knows I'm putting this off for too long.

Excluding when I'm drunk and to my friends (doesn't mean the same thing I guess)
4 Years maybe 5 now, I can't really remember the last time I actually said it.

Eleuthera:

How about the dutch translation? :P

OT: Wednesday night, when drunk I texted it to my mate who had just told me news that he was coming back from Germany at easter... I use the phrase copiously when under the influence...

Elementary - Dear Watson:

Eleuthera:

How about the dutch translation? :P...

I actually considered adding "And not just because English isn't my native language."

But you just had to go and rip open wounds didn't you?

Nope, never said the Dutch equivalent either.

Eleuthera:

Eleuthera:

How about the dutch translation? :P...

I actually considered adding "And not just because English isn't my native language."

But you just had to go and rip open wounds didn't you?

Nope, never said the Dutch equivalent either.

Haha! I'm sorry fella! I seem to be the king of inappropriateness this week! The night I made the text mentioned above I randomly came across 2 blokes in the pub, one who was Turkish, and the other a Greek... These 2 chaps being friends confused my drunken brain so much that I didn't know what to say to them... my head comprimised to not mention the Greek-Turk divide, so I thought I wouldn't mention it...

The problem with that however, is as I was now in a single track mind (like the Faulty Towers German episode) the next words out of my mouth were: 'so... have either of you been to Cyprus?'

Awkward...

Haha! I'm sorry fella! I seem to be the king of inappropriateness this week! The night I made the text mentioned above I randomly came across 2 blokes in the pub, one who was Turkish, and the other a Greek... These 2 chaps being friends confused my drunken brain so much that I didn't know what to say to them... my head comprimised to not mention the Greek-Turk divide, so I thought I wouldn't mention it...

The problem with that however, is as I was now in a single track mind (like the Faulty Towers German episode) the next words out of my mouth were: 'so... have either of you been to Cyprus?'

Awkward...

LoL, a bit yeah.

I don't mind really, I wouldn't have brought it up if I really felt bad about it. I'm generally just very reserved about my emotions (as I think we discussed last year). And telling someone you love them is not something that would easily come up...

Over the intarwubs, probably Nuke last week or something.
In person, probably the last person I got drunk with... assuming I was coherent at the time. A surfeit of booze tends to have that effect.

Also, hugs. Hugs happen a lot in that sort of situation.

I told my girlfriend I loved her last night. The only person close to me I don't tell it to is my sister 'cause I'm a professional in the art of "tough love" >:D

BloatedGuppy:

OT...I actually said it twice yesterday, once to my Mom, once to my girlfriend. It's been five years since my Dad died and it still sticks in my craw that I NEVER said it to him, even though I'm sure he knew. So I try to be a lot more expressive these days.

Sorry to hear about that, man. I'm sure he knew. For me, it's hard to be touchy-feely with my Dad, but I'm fairly certain he knows...

I tell my girlfriend and my mom everyday as the last thing I say to them before we part for this reason exactly. I want to make sure the last thing I said to them was "I love you" in case I never get to say it again...

Edited for grammars. Partially.

Aside from to family, last time I said it was like 2 years ago, and I didn't mean it anymore.
Now, I don't think I'd say it to anyone, not until they proved themselves to not be either insincere about it themselves, or not be lying to me in a lot of other ways...

I cannot stand dishonesty, and although love itself is more of a course of action combined with a certain combination of chemical reactions in your brain, I still think that lying about it is wrong, and usually ends up hurting people.

Fact is, I don't know if I have it in me to "Love" anymore, y'know outside of the loyalty and care for one's friends and family kind of love. I rarely even find anyone attractive anymore, and have even less of a drive to find anyone, I just hope that I find myself to be wrong about that some day, it would be nice to feel that way, and have it reciprocated again, even for a short time.

Eleuthera:

Awkward...

LoL, a bit yeah.

I don't mind really, I wouldn't have brought it up if I really felt bad about it. I'm generally just very reserved about my emotions (as I think we discussed last year). And telling someone you love them is not something that would easily come up...

Yes, I remember that I think we concluded that it was a possible culture difference nationally. There is a high probability that over here, it's overused as a phrase sometimes, and possibly means something different to different people!

Does it count if I told my friend that I love her while she was curled up asleep in my arms about 40 mins ago?
Last time I told her when she was awake was probably early last year.

I have never said I love you to anyone. Seriously. Not even family. Well, I might have when I was a kid, but that doesn't count.

Don't think I've ever said it. At least not to their face.

That'd be sometime in April 2011, to my ex.

It's a term I use with a partner and nobody else. My feelings towards family members are not really in line with the word 'love'.

Only one who I say it to is my girlfriend. Partially due to not trusting many peeps and also due to thinking that such a thing should only be said to your partner.

Edit: yesterday evening on skype.

Daystar Clarion:

Same here dude, she deserves it :3

Over the phone, to either my grandpa, or my grandma.

To someone outside my family? Never.

I don't even remember. If I ever said it, it was probably as a child to my mother. That was many years ago.

Probably my dad a few weeks ago, If your count the standard "I love you too" response. I dont think I've ever said it to anyone first.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked